PDA

View Full Version : Help on student visa, please

sgportland
01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
hi,

I need some help on getting a student visa for my prc girl.
how do i go about getting one from the agents?
how much does it cost?
how long does it take?
can this be done here in Sg or does she have to do it in china?
What are the chances of success? she's 24
Do i apply for one first before applying at the school?

thankyou

Mr Smith
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
hi,

how much does it cost?
how long does it take?

thankyou

PM me to find out more.

kiko
02-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Bro, my colleague, while she was still a student, she go to ICA to apply student pass. it cost around sing $250. If she were to go back china and do it going spend sing 2K , inclusive of paying her agents in china. Since she already in singapore, why not do it here. Do it at ICA, it is going to take around 3 to 4 weeks for the processing . Its going to save money for her. But make sure once she is successful , she cannot work. Student pass cant work in spore, only those PRC that study in government school can do so!

sgportland
02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Bro, my colleague, while she was still a student, she go to ICA to apply student pass. it cost around sing $250. If she were to go back china and do it going spend sing 2K , inclusive of paying her agents in china. Since she already in singapore, why not do it here. Do it at ICA, it is going to take around 3 to 4 weeks for the processing . Its going to save money for her. But make sure once she is successful , she cannot work. Student pass cant work in spore, only those PRC that study in government school can do so!

thanks kiko. I went to the ica website.There is a straight forward step by step guide however she does not have the following

The following additional documents are required to be submitted if:

* Applicant is a national from the visa-required countries:
o Documentary proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/ fixed deposit accounts/ saving accounts (photocopy).

she will not be working here as i am supporting her. But without this documentary proof of financial ability, is it possible to get her student visa approved?

Has any bros here done it with or without the financial document proof?

Please share your experience, thanks!

roamersg
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
she will not be working here as i am supporting her. But without this documentary proof of financial ability, is it possible to get her student visa approved?

Recently I asked a KTV girl what she did the week b4 when I didn't see her and she told me that as she's on student visa her visa is ending soon, she went to ICA to arrange to get her deposit back. I didn't ask details so don't know. So maybe one can do that instead, suggest you just go and ask them as maybe it's an option not posted on the web.

colins
03-11-2008, 01:44 PM
The following additional documents are required to be submitted if:

* Applicant is a national from the visa-required countries:
o Documentary proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/ fixed deposit accounts/ saving accounts (photocopy).

Has any bros here done it with or without the financial document proof?

Please share your experience, thanks!

You need a proof of min 150k RMB in her bank account, get the bank to issue a letter stating this amount is in her account and ask her to send the letter to you. Alternatively, she can look for a local agent (in china) who will either get her account top up (they will keep the bank book and card) for a period of time (usually 3-6months) or issue a fake letter. That is a very risky approach cos the money usually comes from dubious means (part of money laundering process) and you dun know what they are doing to your identity during the period of 3 to 6 month. Fake letter, no need to say, cos all of such student pass applicant go thru the ministry of finance for selected examination. If she is caught, no more student pass for her entire life unless miracle happens. Such agents usually charge 4-6kRMB for this service alone.

If you can afford it, remit 30k SGD or the equivalent of 150K RMB to her to standby in her bank account for 6months. Get the bank to do the necessary paperwork. Then use the part of the money to remit to the school in sg (thru escrow) and take out the rest to return to you when she come here. This depends on how much you trust her. Potentially, 30k is a good amount to ketuk from any caitaos who is madly in love.

sammyboyfor
03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
hi,

Your PRC girl? Around 10 other Singapore men probably think she's theirs too!:p

FL Lover
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Your PRC girl? Around 10 other Singapore men probably think she's theirs too!:p

Good $ to the PRC ger if true...

1 Dick = $30K SGD
10 Dicks = $300k SGD.....Enough to feed her whole family and her entire generations for life in china... no need to come sg to study.. :p

colins
03-11-2008, 03:58 PM

1 Dick = $30K SGD
10 Dicks = $300k SGD.....Enough to feed her whole family and her entire generations for life in china... no need to come sg to study.. :p

A person who has seen easy money will never find the need to study aka follow the hard path. Just like a person who studies 'too hard' will always find that money earned is not enough. This is normal mentality. It is tough to find somebody who can understand that money is transient. You cant really blame them, cos to them everything is transient when they can't see very far into their own future.

How much they can grab means how long they can survive. And of cos, how much they will spend depends on how much they are able to grab. So in the end, the highest hand WL is actually no better than the cheapest whore in terms of mentality, its just that they brand themselves better. So when you see the LVs and guccis hanging on their body, you know what I mean.

sammyboyfor
03-11-2008, 04:00 PM

1 Dick = $30K SGD

The Thai hookers usually have around 2 to 3 sinkie boyfriends at any one time. In fact, a colleague of mine found, to his horror, the the Thai love of his life was juggling 4 men at one go. If one of them was visiting, the other 3 would be told that her "grandmother/father, kid, aunt, uncle etc was very ill and she was staying at the hospital for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure PRC broads are even more savy. :p

The Landlord
03-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Very true indeed.:)

sgportland
03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
thank you everyone

I do not have much money to be cheated, so its still alright. haha

anyway I called ICA today, they mentioned without the deposit confirmation, approval will be on a special case by case basis. I think it all boils down to luck

I am actually looking at all options including getting help from agents. It all depends, we shall see how things goes.

Bro collins, you seem very experienced in this visa application. Have you applied for one before? was it successful?

mebirdie
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Simple as that. If you do not have S$10-20K to spare, then forget about it.
If you have, there are many ways. :)

sammyboyfor
04-11-2008, 08:01 AM

You have been given the best advice possible from me. Get yourself another piece of PRC ass for your entertainment.

If you don't heed the warning, don't come crying for help in this forum when the whole relationship turns to custard.:rolleyes:

uiop
04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
If you don't heed the warning, don't come crying for help in this forum when the whole relationship turns to custard.:rolleyes:

He be back in no time. :D :D

colins
04-11-2008, 12:28 PM
thank you everyone

anyway I called ICA today, they mentioned without the deposit confirmation, approval will be on a special case by case basis. I think it all boils down to luck

I am actually looking at all options including getting help from agents. It all depends, we shall see how things goes.

Bro collins, you seem very experienced in this visa application. Have you applied for one before? was it successful?

A few success cases, though I do this to help students get a proper education over here. Nothing personal. Without deposit confirmation, how can you prove that the student has the necessary ability to complete the course? If no financial backing can be proven, is it safe to assume that the money will be coming from other means, the most common and popular being that the student will be forced to earn it himself/herself? If the student failed to get this benefit of doubt, wouldn't the approval of such applications be in indirect breach to the MOM regulations? In my opinion, this is not luck. This is logic. The deposit confirmation itself helps in the overall approval of the student's pass, but without it, something else must be good enough supplant the application. The overall idea is to prove that the student is rich enough to complete the studies without the need to work.

DTCEPL
04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
how much does it cost?
how long does it take?

I hope your PRC gal getting a Student Visa's real intention is to study.....

Student Visa is issued by the Garment...you just need to pay some fees (i suggest you do it on your own, if thru agents....you probably pay a bomb)

Ages usually does not matters, since she is here to study.

The course must be full-time, requiring certain number of days per week with minimum number of hours.

Yes, you need to be enrolled to the school and course before applying for the Visa.

And she is not allowed to work when holding a Student Visa, unless she is studying in a Garment School e.g. Polytechnics or NTU/NUS/SMU etc. then she is allowed to work certain number of works in a work without the need of a work permit.

Sometimes if the course is a 'SOLID' course eg. MBA/Professional courses etc. then after graduation, ICA may issue to the Student Visa holder an exemption, which allows her to stay in Singapore for 9 months or so to look for employment.

colins
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I hope your PRC gal getting a Student Visa's real intention is to study.....

Student Visa is issued by the Garment...you just need to pay some fees (i suggest you do it on your own, if thru agents....you probably pay a bomb)

Ages usually does not matters, since she is here to study.

The course must be full-time, requiring certain number of days per week with minimum number of hours.

Yes, you need to be enrolled to the school and course before applying for the Visa.

And she is not allowed to work when holding a Student Visa, unless she is studying in a Garment School e.g. Polytechnics or NTU/NUS/SMU etc. then she is allowed to work certain number of works in a work without the need of a work permit.

Sometimes if the course is a 'SOLID' course eg. MBA/Professional courses etc. then after graduation, ICA may issue to the Student Visa holder an exemption, which allows her to stay in Singapore for 9 months or so to look for employment.

Yup I hope Bro TS do have real intention to help the girl on her studies, otherwise he is just creating more problems for himself.

Local agents sometimes take commission from the school fees itself and do not require additional agent fees. Agents in China however, will want to have a reasonably good profit margin for their services.

Age does matters for student pass, bearing in mind a few important variables including their last graduation date, course of study and experience. For example, a 28 year old lady would be considered old for a diploma course, but if she applies for a beautician course and has 5 years of certified experience, good chance of getting approval.

The course must be full-time, yes meeting a min number of hours per week. For non-language school, it must be min diploma level. For language school, it must tie to certain min recognised attainment (i.e. IELTS) or a certain min duration of course. The check is a lot more stringent for language schools though a lot of the so called neighbourhood language schools have CASE trust, their approval rate is pretty low for adult students.

When the student is enrolled into a school, the school will prepare a set of documents for the ICA applicant. Most schools can apply to ICA for the student. If I am not wrong, certain applications require the student to be in their home country during the time of application. When the student pass is issued, they will send a copy to the student which will allow he/she to pass the immigration counters at the airport. The process is long here, I am summarising.

Working for student pass holders is subjected to approval, yes only those in govt schools. Individual merits will be considered and control is tight. Not many China freshmen can take the new stress level of the english curriculum, not to mention having any real urge to work. So this option is tough.

Hope this summary helps.

The Landlord
04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Usual time for the student pass to be approved is 2 weeks and it has to be SQC certified school. Those school without SQC has a longer waiting time. Sometime the wait could be long because the course start in Jan and you apply in Sept.

sgportland
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Apologies for my slow replies, my post still get moderated.

Colins, you mean all the students you helped has RMB 150,000 in their account?
Thats a lot of money

I understand the logic behind the deposit confirmation. I actually plan to go down to ICA directly to ask. She's really keen to study and I do not mind paying for her stay here. I'll really need to find out more if she is really gonna get her visa approved, otherwise will try to set her up for an education in other countries.

anyone been direct to ica to ask?

roamersg
05-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Recently I asked a KTV girl what she did the week b4 when I didn't see her and she told me that as she's on student visa her visa is ending soon, she went to ICA to arrange to get her deposit back. I didn't ask details so don't know.

Apolgies, I was wrong. Called her to find out and she explained that the deposit she wanted back was from her school, not ICA. Hope I didn't get your hopes up! And I agree w/ Boss and others--never risk anything near that amount of money for a PRC professional, it almost certainly will not turn out well