PDA

View Full Version : bringing my viet gf rom sg

zichuan
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
dear all samsters,

i very stress now. my viet gf pregnant 1month now, we decided to get married next year feb in singapore. all the documents that rom required already prepared and translated to english. will the rom run smoothly? any special requirements like pay extra $ etc..? i check rom website, need to hire a licensed translator to witness and translate the oath taking part?

when she comes to singapore to rom on feb, do i need to buy return ticket for her? as we will have the rom print out with us? how many days of entry is granted? 60days? after the marriage i should apply long term visa for her, how long will they grant if successful ? 3mths? 6mths? 1yr? <- can i tell them my wife is pregnant, will they give 1yr renewable. since we are having to give birth the child here, citizenship is to be Singaporean for the child.

calculating that our baby is due on next year jun/july, do i need to apply register of birth in singapore? and do i need to apply for permission for giving birth in singapore? with her having our baby once after we are married, will applying PR helps abit? my income monthly is low, cpf for 2yrs i got contribute, income tax i no need cause i earning is low. when we are married, giving birth in singapore, can i use my medisave to cover for her delivery charges etc..

the documents she prepared :

identification card (translated english and notarized.)

passport
birth cert (translated english and notarized.)

education cert (translated english and notarized.)

letter of consent for marriage below 21yrs minor from her parents (translated english and notarized)

samstersss, did i miss out anything important that helps in applying PR?

sammyboyfor
09-11-2008, 04:01 AM
since we are having to give birth the child here, citizenship is to be Singaporean for the child.

I can't advise you on your other questions. However, I can tell you that the last thing on earth you should do is have a SON born in Singapore.

Determine the sex of your baby asap and make sure that if you have a son on the way, he is born anywhere else in the world except Singapore. You'll be thankful for the rest of your life and he'll be forever grateful that his father had the foresight to plan well ahead.

v.killers
09-11-2008, 05:31 AM
dear all samsters,

i very stress now. my viet gf pregnant 1month now, we decided to get married next year feb in singapore. all the documents that rom required already prepared and translated to english. will the rom run smoothly? any special requirements like pay extra $ etc..? i check rom website, need to hire a licensed translator to witness and translate the oath taking part?

when she comes to singapore to rom on feb, do i need to buy return ticket for her? as we will have the rom print out with us? how many days of entry is granted? 60days? after the marriage i should apply long term visa for her, how long will they grant if successful ? 3mths? 6mths? 1yr? <- can i tell them my wife is pregnant, will they give 1yr renewable. since we are having to give birth the child here, citizenship is to be Singaporean for the child.

calculating that our baby is due on next year jun/july, do i need to apply register of birth in singapore? and do i need to apply for permission for giving birth in singapore? with her having our baby once after we are married, will applying PR helps abit? my income monthly is low, cpf for 2yrs i got contribute, income tax i no need cause i earning is low. when we are married, giving birth in singapore, can i use my medisave to cover for her delivery charges etc..

the documents she prepared :

identification card (translated english and notarized.)

passport
birth cert (translated english and notarized.)

education cert (translated english and notarized.)

letter of consent for marriage below 21yrs minor from her parents (translated english and notarized)

samstersss, did i miss out anything important that helps in applying PR?

1. Yes, you need to hire a licensed translator to witness and translate the oath taking part in your registry of marriage.

2.Yes, returned ticket is a must!

3. Once register is finish, b4 she is due for going back, get the ROM cert and all documents to sumbit to extend 3months for her to stay here. It's also depend on your salary and some luck too. For Long terms pass, need atlease 6-1 year for them to get approval.....I cant advise you on whether you should tell them your gf is pregnant anot, bcos if the immigration officer know your gf is pregnant, she will have to leave Singapore in no time.

4. Family cert also required to show how many bro and sis (need to be translated to english).

5. Once she got the long term pass, every year is re-newable.

As for giving birth in Singapore, I am sorry, I not sure, maybe some other ppl are more expert than this!

Takecare!

Cheers VK:)

SingViet
09-11-2008, 06:37 AM
I only have one thing to ask you , ARE YOU SURE THE CHILD INSIDE YOUR GF's TUMMY IS 100% YOURS? This may be a very cruel question to ask at such point in time, but if you have dealt with vietnamese before, you will know this is a very sensible question. ;)

DO_YOU_BJ
09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Everything else not important.
Strongly suggest you do a DNA test to confirm the egg inside is 101% your making!
Everything else can wait.

steve_74
09-11-2008, 01:55 PM
You'll be thankful for the rest of your life and he'll be forever grateful that his father had the foresight to plan well ahead.[/QUOTE]

OMG this is the best ADVISE i have heard from sam :D

zichuan
09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
100% confirmed its my child.

sammyboyfor
09-11-2008, 02:49 PM
OMG this is the best ADVISE i have heard from sam :D

Should be "this is the best ADVICE I have heard...".

"Advise" is a verb.