PDA

View Full Version : Getting married in Vietnam.

Darkstorm
11-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi,

has anyone done this?

Can kindly tell me how is this done, and what the requirements are?

I understand a certificate to prove that I am single is needed? Where do I get that?

amostio
11-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi,

has anyone done this?

Can kindly tell me how is this done, and what the requirements are?

I understand a certificate to prove that I am single is needed? Where do I get that?

First off, go to ROM in Singapore. There's a machine there that allows you to get a certificate to prove you're single. Cost 8 years ago was S$5 but not sure now.

Next, get in touch with either the Singapore Embassy in Hanoi or the Consulate-General if in Ho Chi Minh City. Let them know that you wish to get married in Vietnam They have a standard form with the procedures and documents you need to prepare when you go to Vietnam. Contacts:

Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore - Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)

Consul-General Mr Jimmy CHUA Tin Chew
Consulate-General The Saigon Centre, Level 8
65 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Email: [email protected]
Telephone 001-84-8-3822 5174
Telefax 001-84-8-3914 2938
Working Hours Mon - Fri
8.30 am to 12.30 pm
1.30 pm to 5.00 pm

Singapore Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam
Embassy of Singapore in Hanoi, Vietnam
41-43 Tran Phu Street
Hanoi Vietnam
Phone: (84-4) 8233965
Fax: (84-4) 7337627

It's being a long time for me but standard stuff like your BC, IC, Passport, Education Certs, etc.

Next is very important. I went thought the procedure and went from Government Dept A to B to C to D to E. In the end, E asked me to go back to A again.

Enough is enough. Finally, my wife's mum stepped in. Apparently, there's a system of under table that we completely ignored. We need to go through the so called 'Agents' who can pay all these. My in law introduced me to one and we negotiated. At the end, US $400. Ok, pay lah. Filled up all forms and return to Singapore. Agent called me to say no problems. Will take 3 months. I replied "Huh, so long. Can faster or not?"

Agent replied no problems, pay only. I asked how much. Another US$ 200.

Done! I said. 2 weeks later I received a call to come back and sign the documents. Altho troublesome (blood test, go to province to sign, etc), everything was smooth. Total damage = US $600. Worth every cent I think.

This was in 2000 so things may have changed a bit.

Darkstorm
12-12-2008, 12:50 AM
First off, go to ROM in Singapore. There's a machine there that allows you to get a certificate to prove you're single. Cost 8 years ago was S$5 but not sure now.

Next, get in touch with either the Singapore Embassy in Hanoi or the Consulate-General if in Ho Chi Minh City. Let them know that you wish to get married in Vietnam They have a standard form with the procedures and documents you need to prepare when you go to Vietnam. Contacts:

Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore - Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)

Consul-General Mr Jimmy CHUA Tin Chew
Consulate-General The Saigon Centre, Level 8
65 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Email: [email protected]
Telephone 001-84-8-3822 5174
Telefax 001-84-8-3914 2938
Working Hours Mon - Fri
8.30 am to 12.30 pm
1.30 pm to 5.00 pm

Singapore Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam
Embassy of Singapore in Hanoi, Vietnam
41-43 Tran Phu Street
Hanoi Vietnam
Phone: (84-4) 8233965
Fax: (84-4) 7337627

This was in 2000 so things may have changed a bit.

Thank you. Though this may mean nothing to you, I'll increase your reputation points.

Sounds very troublesome.

Do you think it is easier or better to ROM in Singapore or in Vietnam?

naemlo
12-12-2008, 01:33 AM

Easier to ROM in SG. Book a timeslot online n wait patient for the big day.... :D

Darkstorm
12-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Easier to ROM in SG. Book a timeslot online n wait patient for the big day.... :D

Thanks naemlo :)

naemlo
12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks naemlo :)

Anyway congrad... :D

Darkstorm
12-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Anyway congrad... :D

Thanks again naemlo. :)

SingViet
12-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Like what others have said, get married in singapore . Its much easier. GETTING MARRIED IN VIETNAM is a super chore that requires you to crack yr mind and pocket. Marriage agents make things easier for you, but please be reminded that the agents do not process if yr gal is from certain province. One of the province is my wife's province, BEN TRE. But if yr gal is from other province, then shouldn't be a problem.

You must do a search on the Singapore ROM database to prove that there's no record of you getting married in Singapore. As for informing Singapore consulate in Vietnam, there's actually no need to, as the consulate do not certify or verify any marriage documents nowadays.

I got married in Ben Tre Vietnam in 2003. Firstly, have to make appointment to fill in and submit the form with photographs and necessary documents i.e. yr passport (copies), yr spore ROM search result. Next, you are required to go to mental hospital in the city to go thru some test (actually nothing much, the silly doctor just asked me `are you really happy'). Next place to go is to send yr passport copy to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, if its HCM City, then its just next to Diamond Plaza) . This step is to register yrself with the vietnamese government. (after marriage, when u come in Vietnam again, the immigration system will have all yr details) Then wait for letter from province government for appointment. When appointment arrives, they will meet yr wife and you seperately. Main thing is to verify if two of you really got to know each other normally and not thru match making. (match making is illegal ) The officer will ask you where you meet yr wife and he/she will also ask yr wife the same question. So make sure answer is the same. After this appointment, submit the medical form and wait for next appointment. When marriage approved, they will send another letter to yr wife's address. Final appointment, sign on marriage book and take marriage certificate. Sounds easy right? but not as easy as it seems. If yr wife didn't bring the necessary documents for the appointment, the officers will ask you to go back and come back another day. I remember myself plying between Ben Tre and HCM City so many times till my driver also cannot tahan.

So if want to get married in Vietnam, engage the services of a marriage agent. Make yr life easier. ;)

amostio
12-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you. Though this may mean nothing to you, I'll increase your reputation points.

Sounds very troublesome.

Thanks Bro Darkstorm. Like the other brothers' advice, get married in Singapore is the easiest. Only if your wife is below 21 then you may have difficulties as Singapore law requires her parents' consent.

If you ROM in Singapore, you will require an official translator to convert her Vietnamese certificates like Birth Cert and IC, etc. Also, on the actual day, you will also need an official translator. You can ask the Vietnamese Embassy here for help. Even if you ROM in Vietnam, the below address will come in very handy (like a 2nd home to me):

Vietnam Embassy in Singapore

Address: 10 Leedon Park Singapore 267887
Phonei: 64625938
Fax: 64689863 (Office)
64625936 (Consular Office)
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Website: Vietnam Embassy in Singapore - main_page (http://www.vietnamembassy-singapore.org)

Working hour:

Monday - Friday
8.30 am - 12 noon
2.30 pm - 5.30 pm

Consular Services (marriage, passport . . . .)

Monday - Friday
3 pm – 5 pm

Visa:

Monday - Friday
9.00 am - 12 noon

List of officers

1. NGUYEN TRUNG THANH
AMBASSADOR PHONE: 64625938

2. Mr. NGUYEN QUOC LOC
COUNSELLOR PHONE: 64625938 – Ext: 12

3. Mr.NGUYEN DINH NHI
FIRST SECRETARY PHONE: 64625938 – Ext: 15

4.Mr.BUI THE DUNG
FIRST SECRETARY PHONE: 64625938 – Ext: 13

5. Mrs. NGUYEN LAN ANH
FIRST SECRETARY PHONE: 64625938 – Ext: 14

DO_YOU_BJ
12-12-2008, 12:52 PM
恭喜恭喜你 All the best & god bless;)

Darkstorm
13-12-2008, 02:15 AM
I got married in Ben Tre Vietnam in 2003. Firstly, have to make appointment to fill in and submit the form with photographs and necessary documents i.e. yr passport (copies), yr spore ROM search result. Next, you are required to go to mental hospital in the city to go thru some test (actually nothing much, the silly doctor just asked me `are you really happy'). Next place to go is to send yr passport copy to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, if its HCM City, then its just next to Diamond Plaza) . This step is to register yrself with the vietnamese government. (after marriage, when u come in Vietnam again, the immigration system will have all yr details) Then wait for letter from province government for appointment. When appointment arrives, they will meet yr wife and you seperately. Main thing is to verify if two of you really got to know each other normally and not thru match making. (match making is illegal ) The officer will ask you where you meet yr wife and he/she will also ask yr wife the same question. So make sure answer is the same. After this appointment, submit the medical form and wait for next appointment. When marriage approved, they will send another letter to yr wife's address. Final appointment, sign on marriage book and take marriage certificate. Sounds easy right? but not as easy as it seems. If yr wife didn't bring the necessary documents for the appointment, the officers will ask you to go back and come back another day. I remember myself plying between Ben Tre and HCM City so many times till my driver also cannot tahan.

So if want to get married in Vietnam, engage the services of a marriage agent. Make yr life easier. ;)

Thank you for sharing, and for your post.

Darkstorm
13-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Thanks Bro Darkstorm. Like the other brothers' advice, get married in Singapore is the easiest. Only if your wife is below 21 then you may have difficulties as Singapore law requires her parents' consent.

If you ROM in Singapore, you will require an official translator to convert her Vietnamese certificates like Birth Cert and IC, etc. Also, on the actual day, you will also need an official translator. You can ask the Vietnamese Embassy here for help. Even if you ROM in Vietnam, the below address will come in very handy (like a 2nd home to me):

Thank you for your post and for the contact information.

Darkstorm
13-12-2008, 02:21 AM
恭喜恭喜你 All the best & god bless;)

Thank you. :)

casannova03
13-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Kong xi! Kong xi!:D

Need any help just contact me!!

So tuesday still on? let me know ok....;)

ekemono
13-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi,

Congrats bro. Wish you and your gal a blissful marriage :)

Thom07
14-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Congrats. 祝你白头偕老。

jackbl
14-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Now u very ACTIVE in this forum huh.... Many activities leh :D

casannova03
14-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Now u very ACTIVE in this forum huh.... Many activities leh :D

ok la...nowadays work from home....so once in a while pop in see see look look lor!

Darkstorm
15-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Congrats bro. Wish you and your gal a blissful marriage :)

Thank you for your well-wishes. May you have a blissful marriage too. :)

Darkstorm
15-12-2008, 03:29 AM

Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Darkstorm
15-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Congrats. 祝你白头偕老。

Thank you :)

pussyman72
15-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Thank you :)

wah bro DS u are involve with viet relationship now adays ah :)

xilverzap
15-12-2008, 03:43 AM

yo PM72 when u coming over?

Darkstorm
16-12-2008, 01:19 AM

I hope you are doing well :)