PDA

View Full Version : Do you lie about your age?

SirDennis
17-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like some opinions about this. I dont think any guys in their 20's really care, but guys like me who are nearly 40 and above, I'm sure we think about it a lot!

Here's my age story.

I'm in my late 30's, and I am often told I look like I am about 30-33. When I meet girls, I prefer to avoid the age question altogether. But if they ask, I dont like to lie.

I mean, if I tell her I'm 30, and later i tell her my real age, it doesnt look so good, yeah?

Lately, I've tried something a bit different, and when asked, I've said I am 40 yo. The theory is that if the girl likes you, the age shouldnt matter, right?

Well to add my 2 cents to what everyone already knows, (except dumb me), it does. You can see the girl's face kinda withdraw and it's going to be an uphill fight to regain any progress.

Hearing the number "4", instead of "3" is a big thing!

I'd like to hear what you guys do when asked your age, or any stories you might have about it.

Oh, I've already read about "you shouldnt tell her, or ask her how much she weighs," etc to distract her.

aturbo
17-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Bro, if you are sensitive about the age issue just say that you are 30+....that way no lie at all and women certainly like more mature men in their 30s...accordingly to polls men are viewed as prime in this age catergory.

Myself is mid-30 and many women think I am much younger than that. And when I mention their guesses are way off they always say I am kidding. Damn big boost to my ego :p

My only worry is whether I can still get it "up" in 20 years time....:D

SirDennis
18-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Good advice.

Notice how many people in their late 30's or in their 40's seem to say they look younger than their actual age?

Maybe I should ask how many people lie about how they look!

mansgp
18-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be 40 in 4 weeks' time. I've been told countless times by men and women I look early 30s too. Yes it does boost my ego but the fact remains that why should I lie about my age when I am not really that young?

The same applies to everything else about me. I don't pretend to be wealthy despite being a co-owner of a small biz nor do I hide the fact that I am divorced with 1 son. If the other party is willing to accept the true me, then that person is worth being a friend. If I have to lie about myself to fit into his/her circle or to be accepted by him/her, then too bad I 'd rather not know or get acquainted with this person. All the above especially apply to gals whom I'd like to know better.

waiwaiz
20-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Lying about age is just like carrying fake branded goods. You think ppl don't know..........it just ppl don't say only.:o

AJamal
20-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I accept Mansgp's points about not lying only for girls with whom I actually want to have a serious relationship.

If all I want is sex then I lie through my teeth. This also motivates me to keep in good physical condition.

Age is a big hangup for many girls that I meet, which I think shows how short-sighted they are. As other bros have mentioned, your personal characteristics should count for much more. Often, unfortunately, they don't.

mebirdie
20-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I tell the gals I am reaching 40 and nobody believe :(

Optimus_Prime
20-12-2008, 08:41 AM

Cause in Bird Years, you should be around 108 ! :eek: :D

black_secret
20-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Fortunately for guys (and sorry for the gals...) guys are not so tied down by age. So keep yourself in shape, maintain the nice weardrobe and patry till old!!

cultureshock
20-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Defnitely must lie.
White lies

ekemono
20-12-2008, 08:40 PM
You can either aged with a pot belly or aged with charm.
You are what you think and feel.

Just avoid going on lunch break with those 17, 18 yrs old groups of boys and gals. You wont understand their silly jokes. :p

longwinter
21-12-2008, 10:06 AM
no, l dun lie about my age. haha cos feel it is unnecessary.

but l do admit, sumtime sum personal issues of mine, l will tend to lie about. not comfortable in revealing all bah.

d_delvoye
24-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I've a GF tat's 22. Gotto agreed tat I felt kinda awkward initially, when doing e maths... as i'm 39.
i didn't give a discounted rate on my age when we met then, & she has accepted for wat i am & has been always humorous of having a 2 in 1 relationship w me (dad cum BF).
i don't see to tell / lie to her tat i'm younger wil improve our relationship, but only to bring short term comfort & a long term discomfort to myself...
i wld say tat honesty to a certain aspect, is essential & wil be appreciated by yr partner.

mcvai
24-12-2008, 10:52 PM
as long the lie doesn't hurt the both parties much, i see no issue. age is just a numerical figure. that said such a lie isn't damaging at all, rather a social issue like a sense of self security, something along that line. so yupyup, it's ok to lie about your age, besides it always takes time to slowly know a person, u can't do that all in short period of time, much so in a day...

joob
25-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Guys, I'm 30 yrs old and I look like a 20 yrs old teenager. It's quite bad cause all the gals usually think I'm a student. When I tell them my age, they will be very surprise and there are time they wanted to check my ID. Seems like I can't lie about my age.. I just hope that when I'm 40s, I will look like I'm in my 30s.

Jax_
26-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Dun see the need to lie about my age. For the matter, most times I dun answer them also. If they ask I smile then ask them for their weight. If they tell I tell lor.. :cool:

virginboy
27-12-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm 39 and my girlfriend in Beijing is 21. She used to tell me that she couldn't believe herself dating a guy 18 years her senior. A year later, now she feels more secured and said that older man makes a better boyfriend because we know how to respect and pamper a lady, much better than a young punk.

slyer
27-12-2008, 03:15 PM
usually i just give a range of my age, i will not let the girl know my exact age :D

南洋大臣
27-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I am in my early 30s but look like early 40s so there. :(

SirDennis
28-12-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm 39 and my girlfriend in Beijing is 21. She used to tell me that she couldn't believe herself dating a guy 18 years her senior. A year later, now she feels more secured and said that older man makes a better boyfriend because we know how to respect and pamper a lady, much better than a young punk.

I'm fu***d then. I still dont know how to pamper a lady :)

吸干我精子
28-12-2008, 01:26 AM
No reason to. With age comes with experience and security that many women are drawn to!:D

exozen
28-12-2008, 01:16 PM
jia lat.. I'm just 19! I do walk along the roads of gl to find some fun as i'm still single (sad)

Sometimes, I thought if I should say I'm 23 (i dont look that old) or something when talking with a wl/fl to not make it look like she's trying to hook up a small boy boy.. haha.. So, should I lie about my age? :rolleyes:

DO_YOU_BJ
28-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Y lie about your age?
I sure dont.....i have no shame of it.
Sometimes, age has its benefits.........
Why be ashamed of it.....

JacDao
28-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Some women like younger men ! some like older men ! Lying about your age also doesn't help if you do look your age or older BUT 姜还是老的辣 .

cunt_search
28-12-2008, 11:03 PM
it depend
some gals really dun wan a BF, even a temp one that can be her father..

looks and $ can make a difference
if got look and $, some gals can see beyond age issue

but i know 1 gal who downgrade her response once she know the true age

if just paly play, den lie tru the teeth lo, no big deal rite
if serious, den tell but prepare for the negative consequence lo...

CokeAddict
30-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I feel no need to lie about your age bro.

Just be who you are, and people will love you for it.

middlerocks
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Just be honest.

LaserKiller
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I dun lied about my age.. infact I oso make sure they know that I am married.

flowerpot
06-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Shit!!!

most of u guys look younger than actual age....
teach me how to maintain pls............

im in my late 20's.... but pple always mistook me for late 30's or early 40's....

Money3
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM

me lagi worse.... I told FLs I am over 40years and they dun believe.... at times need to show them my NRIC to prove.... and they were shocked :eek:
wonder how come singapore men dun look like their Cheena counterparts... I told them must be due to BBBJ and CIM (they suck out the wrinkles from us .... kekeke).

I'm in my late 30's, and I am often told I look like I am about 30-33. When I meet girls, I prefer to avoid the age question altogether. But if they ask, I dont like to lie.

Well to add my 2 cents to what everyone already knows, (except dumb me), it does. You can see the girl's face kinda withdraw and it's going to be an uphill fight to regain any progress.

Hearing the number "4", instead of "3" is a big thing!

TS, seriously i dun understand why there is a need to hide a guy's age...well I understand if u want to hide your marital status or your financial well-being, I can understand but not age.

If a gal likes u, age doesnt mattar... unless u happened to resemble the elderly grandfather that she has who needed a walking stick.... in fact sometimes they preferred older men as they radiate out stability and wordly wisdom.

Just my money3's opinion.

No offence meant. :)

donic
07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
People say I don't look my age. I look much younger.