PDA

View Full Version : Confused and lost on documentations at ROM marrying minor VN

zichuan
18-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Need samsters help, cheers.

ROM has change their policy that girls minors from vietnam, need parental consent letter from the Justice of Department/Judical Dept to get the Chief to chop and sign and approve rather than the old method whereby they accept consent letter from Peoples Committee at their city nearby.

Anyone encounter this problem? My problem is her parents has no passport and not convenient to fly over sg. I check with viet that some justice dept just simply know nuts about issuing a letter even in ho chi minh district.

Congrats to those guys who get married using consent form under Peoples Committee of their home town.

To bros samster take note now ROM need consent approve by justice dept of the city.

I check through viet embassy, they also dont know about this new implementations. They say normally ROM last time accept consent out of the ladies hometown Peoples Committee.

Anyone got their consent through any city judicial dept? Need some guidances. I cant seems to find any contact numbers to their Judicial Dept.

:confused:

amostio
19-02-2009, 08:25 AM
The other option is to get married in Vietnam. Easier but do note the hometown of your future wife. You'll need to get it done there.

mike1304k
19-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I am not surprised that the laws have become harder. Imagine... In our own fair country, we protect our minors... We have laws to protect them. But in Vietnam, Cambodia and some parts of Thailand even, it is possible to "buy" yourself a minor just for sex... Case in point is Gary Glitter the British guy who was caught for having sex with minors. In his case, the minors were really young of course. So what protects these young will be laws from countries like ours. Imagine an old man who has money and just wants a young one for sex? Go and pay the parents lor... The parents will be willing as long as the money is good and the girl is little more than a child.

But in so saying, there are cases where the lady is coming to be a legal adult, but not quite there yet. If she is in love and the guy is truly in love, marriage can happen. So that is why it is still possible to marry, but it is more difficult. No comments about whether the law is good or bad, but just stating that it is made to protect under-age girls from being abused.

Megatronzombie
19-02-2009, 11:53 AM
u err.. marrying a minor? how old is a minor by the way?

zichuan
19-02-2009, 12:12 PM
20 years old.

KangTuo
20-02-2009, 08:25 AM
The other option is to get married in Vietnam. Easier but do note the hometown of your future wife. You'll need to get it done there.

according to bro SingViet "Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner", it is definetly more hassle free to get married (ROM) in Sillypore than in Vietnam.

20 years old.

20yo still a minor?
If not in a hurry, wait a bit longer than marry. At the same time, you can observe her and understand her background 1st.

zichuan
20-02-2009, 09:24 AM
already 1 round away.. expecting.. july.

amostio
21-02-2009, 03:01 AM
according to bro SingViet "Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner", it is definetly more hassle free to get married (ROM) in Sillypore than in Vietnam.

Agreed. However, if future wife is a minor poses some problems as the TS has stated. I got married in Vinh Long and went through a bit of hassle. All in all, was solved by using an 'agent'. Took 2 trips to the hometown; first time to register and 2nd time to sign the papers.

SingViet
21-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Aiyoh, 20 years old not minor in Vietnam but minor in Singapore. Get married in Vietnam lor. You better get married fast, if by the time yr children come out and u guys not officially married yet, then you will know what is trouble at both Singapore and vietnam side. ;)

SingViet
21-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Agreed. However, if future wife is a minor poses some problems as the TS has stated. I got married in Vinh Long and went through a bit of hassle. All in all, was solved by using an 'agent'. Took 2 trips to the hometown; first time to register and 2nd time to sign the papers.

Vinh Long easy as the local provisional government takes coffee money. If you kanna super stubborn non corrupted provisional government like Ben Tre, agents cannot help you also. ;)

Mrxhub
21-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Wait for 1 more year....and you married her in VIETNAM....then endorse the marriage cert. in singapore ICA...are u self empolyment or got a pay of average $2.5k per mth?

zichuan
22-02-2009, 12:35 PM
i do not have a average pay of 2.5k :)

Mrxhub
25-02-2009, 01:45 PM
i do not have a average pay of 2.5k :)

Wah....hmmm...does any of your family like your dad or mum have a pay of 2.5k or 100k+ of cpf..how abt your own CPF..Ica need you to furish sure information to legal prove that you able to support yr VN wife....

zichuan
26-02-2009, 12:27 PM
now market so bad many people got retrench including me, what do goverment expect now from the citizen? daily there is people with the same scenario going down to kpkb with the officers. my parents does have 100k+ of cpf. lol.

jackbl
26-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Govt also must protect foreign bride so that their welfare is taken care. If u cant support her, and then ask her to go xxxxx then how? OR she see the family here so poor, she go to work.... :confused:

now market so bad many people got retrench including me, what do goverment expect now from the citizen? daily there is people with the same scenario going down to kpkb with the officers. my parents does have 100k+ of cpf. lol.

newyorker88
27-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Congrates to you on your first kid. Minor? 21 soon? Well, that shouldn't be a big problem for ROM.

THe bigger issue is PR in singapore.

I have a friend did this way. He went to a consultant to "fix" his past income tax records. i.e. He resubmit the incometax again, higher income tax. Paid to govenment. Wife got PR very fast.

Marrying a foreign bride is not a big problem in singapore, but gov wants to see $$$ first.

Best if your bride has higher education too, easier. Hmm... 1 child on the way? Maybe that will boast you chances.

Worst case, try to look for your MP, usually, their letters are powerful.

Hope these helps.

zichuan
28-02-2009, 02:37 PM
anyway i just sign up for a civil servant job.

zichuan
28-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Govt also must protect foreign bride so that their welfare is taken care. If u cant support her, and then ask her to go xxxxx then how? OR she see the family here so poor, she go to work.... :confused:

baby gonna due on july, crazy go work.. u think every singaporean marry a viet girl expect so harsh decision? mind your words, i expect helpful reply rather then so insulting words.

Mrxhub
28-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Govt will sure ask you not to marry foreign bride if you can't even support yourself, if Govt done in your way of asking, I think foreign babes will die die love to marry here, how to protect local babes here. Like that, many of us would love to born male babies....Hope u understand. U are LUCKY to be a SINGAPOREAN...There is no benefits in Mainland/HK/TW.

zichuan
28-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Mrxhub its okay, i just ignore what the guy said. Maybe he got bad experiences with viet girls and thought most of the local guys know viet girls in singapore are working in the trade that he is talking about. I just felt kinda insult from his mouth lor.

Imagine i shoot back to him, that his wife is pregnant with 6months, then he cannot support his wife he ask his wife to go **** and earn $. .. this sentences is enough for him to feel what i am feeling now lor.

SingViet
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Aiyoh argue for what? The main thing is singaporeans view vietnamese gals in a very negative way. But we have to correct their thinking. Not all Vietnamese spouse are from joo chiat and not all Singaporean man who marry Vietnamese ladies are poor.

Like i mentioned in my earlier in my thread, when my friends, neighbours or relatives came to know that i went to Vietnam in 2002, they called me SIAO! Standard criticisms include `why go to war torn country? got money to earn there meh? go to vietnam means he cannot survive in Singapore...' `Study till Postgraduate degree also no use' All sorts of statements were made. When i married my wife, they started to criticise again `wah lao, marry viet gal... the wife must be a hooker!' `he cannot find singapore gals so marry viet gal lor'

Thru the years, i fly between Singapore and Saigon. These people started to change their statement when i bought my first Toyota Camry in Singapore. Because i come back Singapore often then, so i bought a toyota camry to make travelling easier in Singapore. At least its still cheaper than renting a toyota camry. When i am back in Saigon, my mum will drive my car and she herself has another car too. I returned to Singapore in 2006 with my wife and kids. I also brought 2 maids back. They got to know my wife and they feel my wife is not bad.

Things started to change when i bought a Toyota Prado last year and i moved into a terrace house just last month. people changed their views totally and started to asked me about money making opportunities in Vietnam.

The thing is , we don't need to rebute what others have said. We prove thru actions. Brothers who have vietnamese spouses or gf, ask them to dress properly and behave properly in public. Don't wear those BE BE dresses where half the breast pop out. If you want others to respect you, u have to prove to them that you can be respected. ;)

jackbl
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow kind advice leads to your "bombardment"? I am protecting the gals instead of u ok?! I meant that if u cant have a good income then dun marry her cos this will caused her more hardship. Standard of living in sgp is much much higher than vn. Everyday u wake up in sgp, its about $$$. Since u dun like my comment then forget it!!!

baby gonna due on july, crazy go work.. u think every singaporean marry a viet girl expect so harsh decision? mind your words, i expect helpful reply rather then so insulting words.

Megatronzombie
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Bro TS and Bro jackbl, cool down you guys, I am sure both of you are looking out for the security and wellbeing of the VN wife...

Bro jackbl, perhaps you can tone down your message.

Bro TS, much as I hate to admit it, Singapore is all about money. No money, you can't even spend one day in SG living unless you are relying on your parents. Think twice before you bring your wife over as its much cheaper to maintain her in VN than SG especially now you are without work. Working as a civil servant unless you are like very high up does not pay well. HOWEVER, the good thing is if you get her a PR or citizenship by virture of marriage, the baby will enjoy tons of benefits in SG.

SingViet
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Bro TS and Bro jackbl, cool down you guys, I am sure both of you are looking out for the security and wellbeing of the VN wife...

Bro jackbl, perhaps you can tone down your message.

Bro TS, much as I hate to admit it, Singapore is all about money. No money, you can't even spend one day in SG living unless you are relying on your parents. Think twice before you bring your wife over as its much cheaper to maintain her in VN than SG especially now you are without work. Working as a civil servant unless you are like very high up does not pay well. HOWEVER, the good thing is if you get her a PR or citizenship by virture of marriage, the baby will enjoy tons of benefits in SG.

You are right. Everything in Singapore cost money. Even when you are sleeping at night, money is also involved. If everything depends on parents, its really quite shameful. I always believe that if i want to get married, i have to be able to provide for her. If i have to depend on my parents to feed my wife, then its really shameful. ;) I have seen some bros who party every other night, drink like no one's business and bonk WL weekly. But of course, he stays with parents, no need to pay mortgage, no need to pay utility bills, no need to give parents pocket money and drives dad's car. Most importantly,he is over 30 years old. Simply no pride.