PDA

View Full Version : Need expert advice

rawcommando
29-03-2009, 03:03 AM
hi ppl. i need real expert advice. i tried applying entry visa for my wife (PRC) and was rejected. this not the 1st time i applied. and the past few times are successful except for the long term pass which was rejected.

info:
we are married for 10mths.
my wife has gone back to PRC more than 1 mth, departed 14th feb.
both me n her has got no criminal record. (unless getting caught by customs for having duty unpaid cig is)
im earning stable good income, above 50k annual type.
im 30this yr, shes 40.

damn is sat now... ica wont be opened till monday.
i know most of you will ask me to wait till monday and go direct to ica and sort things out...
however.. i'd like to know... in the event ica refuses to grant me that short term social visit pass, wat are the avenues available???
seeing my MP is 1.
would i be able to go direct to ministry of home affairs??? ica is whacking my life and family!
can i engage legal help, like going to lawyer??

need sound advice from any knowledgeable bros out there!!! thank you

Me Siam Bu
29-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Ministry of Home Affairs (http://www.mha.gov.sg/index.aspx)

Registry of Marriages | FAQ | Preparation for Marriage (http://app.customerfeedback.mcys.gov.sg/rom_faqmain.asp?strItemChoice=2004101144855&action=SHOWTOPICS&strSubItemChoice=2004121394837&m_strTopicSysID=20041213104828)

goodpartner
29-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Ask to see the ICA officer and then you'll have a chance to voice this out.

I kay-kiang act as local sponsor for a few PRC in the past too, then suddenly my success rate went down....till one day I appeal and talk to the officer in the small room, her advice is something like "...don't act as local sponsor any more..."...LoL

Ok, not related to your case, but my point is to ask to see the officer. Just bring the rejection letter to the information counter and get a Q number...

You can also try to apply for the visa at the Singapore embassy in PRC, but you must be present there - maybe got better chance too.

pussyman72
29-03-2009, 06:42 AM
i dont think this is a site to ask for such kind of advice.. think u should consult relevant authority to resolve your problem.

we are not ICA wont know what the officers are thinking. Cheers

Panamera
29-03-2009, 10:37 AM
i dont think this is a site to ask for such kind of advice.. think u should consult relevant authority to resolve your problem.

we are not ICA wont know what the officers are thinking. Cheers

Bro Pussyman is right, only straight forawrd route ICA to find out the real reason.

ICA - Home (http://www.ica.gov.sg/index.aspx)

Any suggestion here are purely speculative...MP is no use too...now they got no time for you, promotion level up season now...

tanterry
29-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Whether short or long term pass, the review is same. since already have a bad record, not surprise short term one was rejected this time around. Check the reason why the long term pass was rejected. And then appeal accordingly

rawcommando
29-03-2009, 10:22 PM
funny thing is theres no bad record. i did consult my MP previously, she mentioned that my education (o levels) means bad.

me n my wife, no criminal records at all.

anyway i appreciate all the replies...guess the only solution now is to go to ica tml morning.

thanks!

Me Siam Bu
31-03-2009, 12:40 AM
ya go ICA better MP also must go talk untill he sianz he will help abit too

nodrog
31-03-2009, 07:44 AM
MP will defintely help

besafe
01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
If still no help given by ICA or MP... write to PM office.
Email: [email protected]
If you have no criminal records or such.. no reason his team of advisors will not help.
Hope all is well for you.:)

Panamera
01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
If still no help given by ICA or MP... write to PM office

Come on!!!! Hey!! besafe!!! if you cannot give proper advice, please dont give nonsense....:mad:

Bro Rawcommando is seriously looking for advice here. Please do not point him to a wrong direction and hang him. Bro T.S DO NOT WRITE TO PM OFFICE...Go ICA - If cannot, come back we think of other option....

newyorker88
03-04-2009, 12:44 PM
hi ppl. i need real expert advice. i tried applying entry visa for my wife (PRC) and was rejected. this not the 1st time i applied. and the past few times are successful except for the long term pass which was rejected.

im earning stable good income, above 50k annual type.
im 30this yr, shes 40.

You appling for PR? Here are some questions for you.

You declare your income tax last 3 years? How much? They want to see prove of income.

You married in SIngapore? ROM cert got or not?

Her qualifications?

You got dependents? Like your mum or father who needs your care?

All these, they take into consideration too.

The method of ways to go is this, ask MP for help. Get his letter. Then go ICA. Show your prove of income and other necessary documents.

But to say that she is 40? and you are 30? This may make the ICA think twice why you want to marry a older lady. Not to say nasty things, but ICA may question this.

Best of luck.

casannova03
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
well, most of the bros have given you their views let me give mine.

You dun need to go to the LAWYER! Dun waste your time.
Its better to spend the time at the ICA office or online e-mailing them. This is about the only avenue that can solve your problem. I might even say that MP's lettr have little effect on the whole appeal process. This is because the ICA is an independent body the deals with all immigration issue and they have the authority to approve or reject anyone's rights into SG.

Nobody knows what are the exact mitigating factors between a successful application and a rejection.

Chances are, if you meet all the listed criterias and are well qualified in these criterias, you'll be more successful. But there is no guarantee whatsoever. It's like their reply - " case-by-case basis" and subject to the approving officer present at wherever - i.e airport/checkpoint/ferry terminal etc.

So just keep on trying!;)

besafe
03-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Brother Panamera,
You are entitled to your opinions and I am not going to debate with you.:)
Just know that there is no ill intention.

Dear Brother TS,
What I wrote is sincere and has no malice. Just take it that I have not written or say anything. Wishing that all will be well for you !
Take care and good luck:)

Panamera
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=besafe;3615089]Brother Panamera,
You are entitled to your opinions and I am not going to debate with you.:)
Just know that there is no ill intention.QUOTE]

Bro besafe, thanks for the reply. Respect.
Cheers bro. :)

rawcommando
05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
hi ppl, thanks for the replies... i went to ica on monday and met a officer. she jus asked me to hand write an appeal letter and wait 2 wks for reply. as usual and as expected, AS PER ICA POLICY, no explanation/reason was given.

take note im not applying for PR for my wife. im merely applying for a 1mth entry visa into Singapore so she can visit me! we ARE married in singapore. we both have no criminal record nor bad records. ive been declaring income tax at least last 7yrs. my cpf has at least enough $$ to buy a 3rm flat in full.

i jus cant understand wat ICA is doing??? they r practically whacking my marriage. somehow, i got a bad feeling about this...the reply from ica.. next gotta see MP... wait 2 wks again... it is jus super frustrating and tiring

sexrookie
05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Bro,

Wish you can have this resolve and you have my blessings

Seems like once PRC is mention a negative sign seems to pop up faster then the postive sign

:confused:

Panamera
05-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi Bro T.S, It normally takes about 2 to 3 weeks for ICA to process your application. Understand the waiting and uncertainty can be quite frustrating. Best of luck in your application and I am sure all bros here wish you good success too! :)

yitiaolong
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
just to share my experience.

i applied for my wife 2 years ago, first Ltsvp follow by PR, i get both within 2 months upon applied. my salary was not high at that time, 2k per month, diploma. i think there is 3 reason that my wife get the PR

1. my company was quite firm, with their support letter
2. my wife never been to sgp before
2. she have a china qualification relevent to ITC in singapore.

i used to heard one of the ICA concern is, they worried IF divorce, can the wife able to support herself in Singapore, so your wife qualification is also very important

my own opinion, only guessing, dont scold me if anything wrong :p

tklover
06-04-2009, 03:20 AM
ALL the Best to you...hope you have good new from ICA:p

rawcommando
07-04-2009, 11:12 AM
hi guys, thanks for all the concern and input. i jus received a reply from ica last night. they granted me the visa already. im very relieved! thank you

Panamera
07-04-2009, 11:19 AM
hi guys, thanks for all the concern and input. i jus received a reply from ica last night. they granted me the visa already. im very relieved! thank you

Congratulation!!! Super!!! :D

Also need to convey a "thanks" to ICA for a speedy replied and "listening ears" ....Kudos to all

Schenker
07-04-2009, 12:23 PM

Are they granting you the short term visa (1 mth)?

Is she going to stay here on long term basis? You can actually try to apply the LTSVP for her, when she's in singapore. Be prepared your relevant documents before going.

besafe
08-04-2009, 08:11 PM

Dear Brother... very happy for you !
Have a great time with your love one.:)

groo
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulation!!! Super!!! ...Also need to convey a "thanks" to ICA for a speedy replied and "listening ears" ...Maybe the ICA is also monitoring this forum... The gavment is trying to use all media resources to build better r/s with the citizens... Bwahahahahahahaha!!! :D

BigBoy2
15-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Bro,

I think one of the reason that you cannot get th visa so easily is due to her age.

Singapore government wants to promote marriage, and also at the same time to drive the birth rate up. Sorry to say this but at your wife's age, I think it would be tough for her to be bear you a child, therefore I think this is abit sticky.

Well best of luck and best wishes to you.

China101
08-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi Bros here, is it better to apply for PR immediately after marriage or should I apply for Long Term Social Pass then PR?

phantom010436
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I think if she is pregnant,the chances will be much higher.