PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia to Bangkok

facial
28-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Hi bros,

I think some bro in this forum are interested to know more about taking air asia to bangkok.

Anybody have anything at all to share for bro who are planning a trip to Bangkok via Air asia?

Things like how much is the airport tax for SG and BKK etc etc etc..

siamcutey
29-02-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by facial
Hi bros,

I think some bro in this forum are interested to know more about taking air asia to bangkok.

Anybody have anything at all to share for bro who are planning a trip to Bangkok via Air asia?

Things like how much is the airport tax for SG and BKK etc etc etc..

I don't want to sound like flaming.

But Air Asia has its authorised distribution places. Its not like other airlines such as Thai Airways, Swiss, Finn, Cathay, SQ etc where the tickets have different ticketing agents and thus different prices.

Air Asia is very standard pricing.

Link here to air tickets thread (http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=400683#post400683)

SC

keet
29-02-2004, 01:17 AM
not worth taking Air Asia as the flight schedule sucks.

anyway TG has dropped their fares and would rather pay alittle bit more for the flight flexibility and frequency.

chok dee krup;)

tirak69
29-02-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by keet

anyway TG has dropped their fares and would rather pay alittle bit more for the flight flexibility and frequency.

chok dee krup;)

agree... furthermore the baggage allowance on air asia is only 15kg...:(

Peter_North
29-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by keet

chok dee krup;)

I doubt they've a flight schedule to Bangkok. You check the www.airasia.com for flight schedule to BKK and they will tell you "no schedule for this month or that month". It's quite frustrating. But they do have an agent in Singapore. The number is on the site, but no names.

I'm going to wait for Silkair to fly BKK route. I'm going to wait for Silkair to drop to their knees.

You see ? Airtravel need not be expensive. Pilots need not make so much money. Flight stewardess need not have to wear LV products.

The entire industry is going to be on its knees soon...hehe.

cheongkid
29-02-2004, 12:38 PM
With the upcoming Valuair and Tiger Airways, the competition gonna heat up among budget and mainstream airlines.

siamcutey
29-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by cheongkid
With the upcoming Valuair and Tiger Airways, the competition gonna heat up among budget and mainstream airlines.

Budget Air can only fight among its league, while mainstream will still be competing against its own league.

Why Mainstream airlines is cheap now is because now is poor off-peak season plus bird flu, so thats why with all the promotion. If Airasia really is talking about budget, then lets see whether it can survive all the way with $59.

The more budget airlines coming out only kills its only competitors. Because the kind of crowd they cater is very different.

Why do Coffee joints still survive while Bubble tea died?

hahaha
SC

Mr.romance
29-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi All Bros,

I still strongly believe Tour packages can provide us with better deals...Such as Focal etc...

In fact those tour agencies sure had some link with hotels in BK
to get us a better deal...But I guess the hotels they provide are not ladies friendly except for Baiyoke Sky.Furthermore its a four star hotel & it don come cheap...Maybe Those Lao Jiao bros here got more stronger comments on this issue...

Cheers

Sinoview
01-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr.romance
Hi All Bros,

I still strongly believe Tour packages can provide us with better deals...Such as Focal etc...

In fact those tour agencies sure had some link with hotels in BK
to get us a better deal...But I guess the hotels they provide are not ladies friendly except for Baiyoke Sky.Furthermore its a four star hotel & it don come cheap...Maybe Those Lao Jiao bros here got more stronger comments on this issue...

Cheers

Tour packages cheaper ???
No it's not true.....Most of the time the tour agencies just add up the air-ticket plus hotel, transport etc.....it's for those who do not know where to get "good price" hotel.

The hotel rates in the internet are "usually" not good.... they are for Ang Mo...

Bros who frequent or stationed in BKK will know where to get good hotel rates.....

wayne]
01-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Sinoview
No it's not true.....Most of the time the tour agencies just add up the air-ticket plus hotel, transport etc.....it's for those who do not know where to get "good price" hotel.

The hotel rates in the internet are "usually" not good.... they are for Ang Mo...

Bros who frequent or stationed in BKK will know where to get good hotel rates.....

Where is the good hotel? as in pricing or facililtes?

thanks..

Mr.romance
02-03-2004, 09:43 PM

Bro SC,Yomun, Triak 69 & keet,

Any comments on this issue?

keet
03-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Tour packages prices are mostly on Twin Sharing basis and will have to pay a premium if for Single, so not very worth it.
eg. tour advertise $299 for 3days F&E, but top-up $100 for Single.
and with non-lady friendly hotels most of the time, so end up paying 'extra' for guests.

current airfares are cheaper and for the same amount or bit lesser can choose your own flight and hotel.
for me prefer service apmt than hotels as no nonsense on extra guest charges and is more discreet. u du wanna bump into some relatives or friends at the usual Pratumwan Princess, Asia or Novotel. trust me u never know how "lucky" u are to be in a situation !! :D

President Park's advertised internet rate is B2000/nite but walk in rate is only B1.5k with bigger rooms than the ones advertised.

Centrepoint's serviced apmt price range about the same, and is also convenient as well with 3 locations around the happening places.

Watana Mansion's B500/day include b/fast and free 30min internet daily is best for me!

there are just too many around or if u have teerak then free lodging liao lor.....kekekekek

Aanok
03-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Airasia

I think S$59.99 for one way and for shown only or advertisement purposes because when you start to select the date that you plan to fly. The rate is range between Bht1800 to Bht2100. For round trips include tax may add up around Bht4400 equ. to S$200.

Better pay additional S$50 to S$60 more with TG which you can chose the time that suit your schedule. TG have about 5 flight a day between Sin to BKK and Airasia leave BKK to Sin one a day in the morning around 07... am. Very very early..still in bed

Aanok

siamcutey
03-03-2004, 01:40 AM

Depends on how you want it. Some like it cheap, backpack style. Some like it ok, 3-4 star hotels. Some like it classy, 5-6 stars hotels. Depends on how you play it.

SC

tirak69
03-03-2004, 10:12 AM

with the current airfare rates i would juz buy the air ticket and look for my own accomodation. this way i can decide where to stay. if chionging with a few few friends then you want to consider booking FnE package but opt for single rooms. price also quite reasonable. but make sure you pick friendly hotels.

it very much depends on your preference and budget. :D

dodgyboy
03-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Bros, just got back from bangkok, flying air asia on monday.
though its cheap but yes, would pay more for choice of flights coming home.
depart 11.10am SGtime
return 7.10am BKKtime
1 flight per day

but if u guys not fussy,go ahead with airasia.
anything u guys need to know,just ask.
dodgyboy

Sinoview
03-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by wayne]
Where is the good hotel? as in pricing or facililtes?

thanks..

Like what Bro SC said....it's depend on what you want. Hotel or service apartment ??? 3,4,5 or 6 stars hotel ???? Location ??? Purpose of the trip....business or leisure ??? With whom ?? Along, with family, gf or purely cheonging....Type of prefer cheonging etc...

You can get many tips here if you read thru past postings on Accomodtion in BKK.....

Frankly, it takes a few trips and some "try and errors" to know what's bests for you.

For good rates, I think those who stationed in BKK can be of great help. Particularly if he is a Thai. Thail hotel alway give better rates to Thai. Thus if you got a Thai friend gal or guy...it defintely help.

Me, alway book my hotels thru a local Thai travel agent located in Silom who I think give me good price....I think the best for a forgeiner....I have been using them for more than 5 years liao.
Eg. I paid B2200 per night for Novotel Siam with bft for 2 in late jan. which I think is quite good. It's priced around B3000 on the online websites.

Cheerios

keet
03-03-2004, 01:16 PM
if u are regular at the particular hotel, can try to get special discount directly, probably same rate as agents or better. talk to their manager lor. ;)

Mr.romance
03-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by dodgyboy
Bros, just got back from bangkok, flying air asia on monday.
though its cheap but yes, would pay more for choice of flights coming home.
depart 11.10am SGtime
return 7.10am BKKtime
1 flight per day

but if u guys not fussy,go ahead with airasia.
anything u guys need to know,just ask.
dodgyboy

Hi Bro,

How do you go about doing advance booking for any Air asia Flights & wats the rates like?

Mr.romance
03-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi all Bros,

I am still in a lookout for kakis to go BK.
It can be between 15th April to early May...
Those interested PM please. We can work things out

Cheers

wayne]
03-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Like what Bro SC said....it's depend on what you want. Hotel or service apartment ??? 3,4,5 or 6 stars hotel ???? Location ??? Purpose of the trip....business or leisure ??? With whom ?? Along, with family, gf or purely cheonging....Type of prefer cheonging etc...

You can get many tips here if you read thru past postings on Accomodtion in BKK.....

Frankly, it takes a few trips and some "try and errors" to know what's bests for you.

For good rates, I think those who stationed in BKK can be of great help. Particularly if he is a Thai. Thail hotel alway give better rates to Thai. Thus if you got a Thai friend gal or guy...it defintely help.

Me, alway book my hotels thru a local Thai travel agent located in Silom who I think give me good price....I think the best for a forgeiner....I have been using them for more than 5 years liao.
Eg. I paid B2200 per night for Novotel Siam with bft for 2 in late jan. which I think is quite good. It's priced around B3000 on the online websites.

Cheerios

Thanks.. i think i will perfer wantana. will be going there wil a puying but she is stationed at cambodia, not very sure abt things in bangkok. On a tight buget so i will settle for the most value for money.

Mr.romance
04-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi all bros,

Sianz men..U mean no bros going to Bk for any 3 days between mid April to early May?

If yes, PM me pleazzzzz

Cheers

dodgyboy
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
for airasia tickets, just go to www.airasia.com and check the dates you want to go.

once booked, cannot change.
just call their singapore office to book or do it over the internet.
same price.

after which, they will email you your ticket number,jsut bring it to terminal 1, airasia counter to collect air ticket. no frills, free seating.read more on the website.

i stayed at palazzo hotel, just next to Mirage, not too bad...

any bros, going BKK anytime soon?

Mr.romance
04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
for airasia tickets, just go to www.airasia.com and check the dates you want to go.

same price.

after which, they will email you your ticket number,jsut bring it to terminal 1, airasia counter to collect air ticket. no frills, free seating.read more on the website.

Hi bro,

Are u going back to Bk...Keep me informed..I seriously looking for kaki..Don worry I am not gay...

Cheers

dodgyboy
05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi bro,

Are u going back to Bk...Keep me informed..I seriously looking for kaki..Don worry I am not gay...

Cheers

maybe in april, will definitely let u know when im going.
see ya soon.

Mr.romance
05-03-2004, 10:50 PM
maybe in april, will definitely let u know when im going.
see ya soon.

Thats great...If more and more bros will like to join..tat will be even better...Please keep me informed ASAP so i can arrange & check my schedule

Cheers

luv_donnie
08-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Thats great...If more and more bros will like to join..tat will be even better...Please keep me informed ASAP so i can arrange & check my schedule

Cheers

Hey bro,

I'm also thinking of going back to the LOS in April. Will keep you informed again as it gets closer to the date...

cheers

bapple
09-03-2004, 12:36 AM

same price.

Saw Palazoo H when visiting Emerald Hotel. How much is Palazoo/night?

A con with Air Asia is the 15kg bagage allowance. Is this for the check-in luggage only, or is 15kg allowace for both carry-in & check-in luggage?

Mr.romance
09-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by bapple
Saw Palazoo H when visiting Emerald Hotel. How much is Palazoo/night?

A con with Air Asia is the 15kg bagage allowance. Is this for the check-in luggage only, or is 15kg allowace for both carry-in & check-in luggage?

Got A shock when I called up Airasia Hotline to enquire for the flight rates for both Departure & return flight. it is $200++ per pax for April 2004. Its bloody Ezpensive men for such a Budget Airline!!! I might as well booked through Agency for Thai/Swissair
For $100 more only

Cheers

j.lo
09-03-2004, 11:57 AM
palazzo is arund B1900 per nite.
jus refurbished and clean. good location too.

Bro yomun, u agree?
how abt a trip in early april?
been a long time liao, i miss my Piano!!!

dodgyboy
09-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Got A shock when I called up Airasia Hotline to enquire for the flight rates for both Departure & return flight. it is $200++ per pax for April 2004. Its bloody Ezpensive men for such a Budget Airline!!! I might as well booked through Agency for Thai/Swissair
For $100 more only

Cheers

air tic for me was SG$165-2 way
palazzo h cost $216- twin sharing so its $108 per pax for 4 nights
affordable and its so convenient..
next to many MP and somboon seafood restaurant... :)

cant wait to go back to LOS!

luv_donnie
09-03-2004, 12:29 PM
air tic for me was SG$165-2 way
palazzo h cost $216- twin sharing so its $108 per pax for 4 nights
affordable and its so convenient..
next to many MP and somboon seafood restaurant... :)

cant wait to go back to LOS!

Yah palazzo is cheap and good!!!

Also bro dodgyboy is right about somboon restaurant...shiok man

Already planning my next sex tour to BGK...

Rushie
09-03-2004, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j.lo
[B]palazzo is arund B1900 per nite.

Palazzo Hotel room rate is about THB900 to 1000 nett per night.
I used to stay there and never paid more than THB1000 !!!!

Sinoview
09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by luv_donnie
Yah palazzo is cheap and good!!!

Also bro dodgyboy is right about somboon restaurant...shiok man

Already planning my next sex tour to BGK...

Must order their "curry crab"....really special.

Yummy...yummy......

Sinoview
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Rushie
[QUOTE]Originally posted by j.lo
[B]palazzo is arund B1900 per nite.

Palazzo Hotel room rate is about THB900 to 1000 nett per night.
I used to stay there and never paid more than THB1000 !!!!

You're propbaly right...

I used to pay B900 for Palazzo, B1250 for Emerald Hotel, B1900 for Merchant Court hotel last year....from a local travel agent.

But now the Thail economy is doing so well....the hotels may have adjusted their prices.....not foregeting that BKKi hotels got seasonal price too...ie. cost more on "peak" period.

But now...it's low season leh.... ?????

* Be forewarned Emerald Hotel is not lady friendly......

vaxvms
09-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by j.lo
palazzo is arund B1900 per nite.

Bro yomun, u agree?
how abt a trip in early april?
been a long time liao, i miss my Piano!!!

wat ??
PALAZZO 1900 bahts??

onli pay 900Bahts on my last trip
anyway following web site cost onli 1050 bahts:

http://www.bangkok.thaihoteldiscount.com/palazzo.html

Sinoview
09-03-2004, 04:54 PM
For $100 more only

Cheers

Don't spend so much lah.... Quickly go book from any travel agent now......

TG just started a new morning service TG422 ETD 0755 ETA Bkk 0915....very good timing.

S$228 only.

Book before 31 March and travel by 31 May....

I think the seats may be limited and going fast......as April is quite a high season in BKK.......

PLs check other conditions that comes with the offer......

Cheers

bapple
10-03-2004, 12:09 AM
You're propbaly right...

I used to pay B900 for Palazzo, B1250 for Emerald Hotel, B1900 for Merchant Court hotel last year....from a local travel agent.

* Be forewarned Emerald Hotel is not lady friendly......

Hate the hassle of girl un- friendly hotels so have been using the President Suite Hotel. Book by email before going to BKK. Hotel is also near the Sukhumvit airport bus route.

For hotels like Palazzo, how do you book? Just drop in & ask for room, via a Thai travel agent or from other travel agents like travelasia.com?

Sinoview
10-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bapple
Hate the hassle of girl un- friendly hotels so have been using the President Suite Hotel. Book by email before going to BKK. Hotel is also near the Sukhumvit airport bus route.

For hotels like Palazzo, how do you book? Just drop in & ask for room, via a Thai travel agent or from other travel agents like travelasia.com?

For me, I booked my hotel in BKk thru a local travel agent whom I made used of for many years.....

The reason they can get good rates, it's b'cos they will have to ganrantee my booking (ie. cancelable charges apply) and payment. I will pay them on the next day of arrival in their office at Silom. Or sometime they will collect from me at the hotel which is a favour then.....

So, it's a matter of trust and knowing each other....no sure if they will serve you the same way.... their rates are really good.

Sorry.....

luv_donnie
10-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by vaxvms
wat ??
PALAZZO 1900 bahts??

onli pay 900Bahts on my last trip
anyway following web site cost onli 1050 bahts:

http://www.bangkok.thaihoteldiscount.com/palazzo.html

Cheers for the info bro.

really good deal as i paid 1300 bht on my last trip there.

dodgyboy
10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by luv_donnie
Cheers for the info bro.

really good deal as i paid 1300 bht on my last trip there.

donnie bro, count me in! see u there in april.
cant wait to go back!!
cheers.

dodgyboy
10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Must order their "curry crab"....really special.

Yummy...yummy......

damn!!! i missed the crabs.. only 2 of us and didnt want to eat that much... cos still have to cheong after dinner..

will give it a try on the next trip..
sinoview, maybe we can meet up and eat the currrryyyy CRABS!!!

Sinoview
10-03-2004, 06:29 PM
damn!!! i missed the crabs.. only 2 of us and didnt want to eat that much... cos still have to cheong after dinner..

will give it a try on the next trip..
sinoview, maybe we can meet up and eat the currrryyyy CRABS!!!

Aiya...crab cannot make you full lah....

It's ok .... another time...many opportunity as long as you "cheong" around Rachada. Their main restaurant is near the "boxing" stadium...out of the "cheong" area.

Just keep in mind the "curry crab" is their "die die must try" dish.

I also want to meet up ....But nowadays, BKK is my stop-over or transist point only leh... cannot make plan to be there. So my schedule in BKK is very "un-predictable"......I will PM if I got any opportunity to go BKK.......

Cheers

cheongkid
11-03-2004, 10:02 AM
Now it's even cheaper to fly to BKK, S$23.99 only!

http://www.airasia.com/promo/promotions.php?language=en&promo=bkksg

Peter_North
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM

The offer is meant for travel from BKK to SGP. I don't know how it works. The offer one way from BKK to SGP. What about SGP to BKK ? What can't they offer return tickets ?

Sinoview
11-03-2004, 02:39 PM

After so many postings on AirAsia you still don't know that it's almost impossible to get that price meh...... The price of S$23.99 are all bull-shit .... try to call them and book a ticket and see what's the price.....

Still Ozzzzzzzzing.........

justl00king
11-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Peter_North
The offer is meant for travel from BKK to SGP. I don't know how it works. The offer one way from BKK to SGP. What about SGP to BKK ? What can't they offer return tickets ? they do offer to and fro at bht499 each flight but there's a surcharge for about bht1100 for their insurance and admin charges. i think on certain days only two way. check out the website.

FallenAngel
12-03-2004, 01:10 AM
After so many postings on AirAsia you still don't know that it's almost impossible to get that price meh...... The price of S$23.99 are all bull-shit .... try to call them and book a ticket and see what's the price.....Still Ozzzzzzzzing.........
I dun know about this promotion but not long ago, there is another promotion traveling within malaysia within a period of time for a very low price because of some anniversary or birthday of the president of the company, I think, can't remember which one liao, and I did get the promoted price. So I dun think airasia would just post promotions without having them. One have to realise the way airasia price its tickets though, ballooning system.

edkoh2000
12-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Took airasia from Sing to BKK in Feb and paid $1800 baht. The flight was fast and smooth. The girls are very friendly, young and pretty.:D

I quite liked it and probably will fly more on it. The luggage limit is not an issue with me as I don't shop much.

Stay at Somerset hotel which is quite nice and reasonable priced. Never stay at Ambassdor, its service sucks!

Peter_North
12-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by edkoh2000
Took airasia from Sing to BKK in Feb and paid $1800 baht. The flight was fast and smooth. The girls are very friendly, young and pretty.:D

I quite liked it and probably will fly more on it. The luggage limit is not an issue with me as I don't shop much.

Stay at Somerset hotel which is quite nice and reasonable priced. Never stay at Ambassdor, its service sucks!

Did you call the agent in SGP or book via Internet ? BHT1800 is one way or two-way ?

Mr.romance
13-03-2004, 02:11 AM
After some calculations, I will like to inform you bros that actually
Airasia is still not really tat cheap..If you don believe me, Just pick up the phone & check the flight rates..

For ur info the to & fro Flight for next mth, April 2004, will be S$200++..There is only promotion for this month..I guess its just to push the sales up to fill up those vacant seats

Another Info for u guys is tat AIRASIA is not even half full when it launched..It is only 1/3 full

Hopefully, they can consider bringing down their price again as
Tiger Airway & Valueair is coming up to challenge them

Cheers

ssby
13-03-2004, 02:36 AM
On the website of AirAsia, click your travel details on the left. our need to select return or one way, departure & arrival city & the dates, no. of passengers.

Then click Search.

edkoh2000
13-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Did you call the agent in SGP or book via Internet ? BHT1800 is one way or two-way ?

I call them in SGP and book after checking on the net about flight info and price. It is one way.

It is still the cheapest ticket I can find.

hng2000
13-03-2004, 12:39 PM
I call them in SGP and book after checking on the net about flight info and price. It is one way.

It is still the cheapest ticket I can find.

... and AirAsia doesn't serve drinks in cabin, you got to pay for your own drinks, maybe, this is some $$$ they cut down from the ticket. As you can see from Bro Yomun's booking, Ticket+Airport Tax+Insurance+Admin Fee (no food & beverage) rite :D.

-hng

sassina2
13-03-2004, 02:25 PM
After some calculations, I will like to inform you bros that actually
Airasia is still not really tat cheap..If you don believe me, Just pick up the phone & check the flight rates..

For ur info the to & fro Flight for next mth, April 2004, will be S$200++..There is only promotion for this month..I guess its just to push the sales up to fill up those vacant seats

Another Info for u guys is tat AIRASIA is not even half full when it launched..It is only 1/3 full

Hopefully, they can consider bringing down their price again as
Tiger Airway & Valueair is coming up to challenge them

Cheers

To be fair to Air Asia, they cannot be selling all tickets at the below cost fares and survive.

TO enjoy those "ultra low" advertised fares, you need to book "way in advance" and be subject to quite a few restirctions e.g. cannot cancel, cannot change etc etc.

When you go to the website, you will see "how to get this fare" and if you click that URL, it will bring you to the promo page
which is http://www.airasia.com/promo/promotions.php?language=en&promo=bkkspecial&promo2=sgspecial

Based on today's (march 13th 2004) prices at that page, you need to book between March 8-23 and travel between March28 to Oct 30 2004.

The marketing model of Air Asia like many budget carriers is to advertise their lowest fare for the route e.g. from S$23.99 and attract you to their call in number or website and hopefully, you are persuaded to buy with them anyway if you don't qualify for the ultra low fares cos they are still 30% cheaper than regular low fares.

The other secret to their sucess is that they only offer ultra low fares for a limited number of seats. So, if you go to the site's promo url now and then decide to book Sin-Bkk-Sin, for travel in May 04, you may find that Sin-Bkk is Thb 499 and Bkk-Sin is Thb 1897 giving you a total cost of 2396 Thb a little over a 110 sin dollars. This because the return sector for the ultra low cheap fare is "sold out." Still, Definitely cheap but, can you plan your travel within such early booking requirements? Some people can.

You really need to study their fare structure, & tactics to see how and where you can benefit and buy those benefits to maximize on their offers.

Just like any supermarket. You go in because they advertised some "loss leaders" and you end up buying all sorts of other regular priced items. Air Asia & other low cost airlines do the same thing all the time.

sassina2
13-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Having never booked nor travelled on Air Asia myself, I went and did a couple of real booking just to see if I would eventually be able to travel on those dates and enjoy the really ultra cheap fare.

After all, some bros here think that Air Asia is a con-job etc.

1) This itinerary to cover Bangkok and Phuket

Sun 18/7/04 Flight FD 701
11.35am Sin to Bangkok
Fare 499 bahts

Sun 25/7/04 Flight FD702
17.50 from Bangkok to Spore
Fare 499 bahts

Total Fare 998 bahts
Sin Airport taxes &
other insurances
etc 657 bahts

Final Total 1655 bahts

(this excludes airport tax ex Bangkok on return of 500 bahts.)

2) This extents my trip to Phuket from Bangkok.
Thurs 22/7/04 FD100
10.35 Bkk to Phuket
Fare 299 bahts

Sat 24/7/04
12.20 Phuket to Bkk
Fare 299 bahts

Total Fare 598 bahts

Taxes, Ins, etc 362.86 bahts

Final Total 960.86 bahts

When I add the Phuket and Bangkok sector together, its 2615.86 Thai bahts in total plus an additional 500 bahts for departure tax from Bangkok, (which you pay whatever airline you travel), its a grand total of 3115.86 Thai baths - less than 155 sing dollars and that brings me to Bangkok plus Phuket so it's cheap.

If its Bangkok alone, its obscenely cheap at a little over 2100 Thai bahts inclusive or Bangkok airport tax of 500 thai bahts.

You can do similarly for Chiang Mai (or Hatyai) if you sandwich the Chiang Mai (Or Hatyai) in between the Sin-Bkk Sectors and enjoy a stopover in Bangkok which is after all the capital of LOS.

Disadvantage of this is having to fly extra miles from Bangkok when you travel south to Phuket (or Hatyai for those who want to do that) but, its money saved for other expenses!

ITs not for business trips where your time is more valuable than your money.

As for the planning required in your diary and keeping to the schedule, I am not sure I can do it myself. Will have to wait and see when the time comes round. However, at these prices, the risk is minimal and the savings considerable.

This ultra low fare is only for bookings to be made on the internet and cannot be done on the telephone so I was told.

Once confirmed and paid (by credit card), you cannot change so thats your loss if it happens.

Lastly, you can change the name of the passenger in the days before travel. The charge is 50 RM for each name change if it finally comes down to the date and you cannot travel, so its not totally wasted. Its still cheaper than booking last minute.

edkoh2000
15-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by hng2000
... and AirAsia doesn't serve drinks in cabin, you got to pay for your own drinks, maybe, this is some $$$ they cut down from the ticket. As you can see from Bro Yomun's booking, Ticket+Airport Tax+Insurance+Admin Fee (no food & beverage) rite :D.

-hng

Yes...the food and drinks are not free but very affordable. Keep some baht ready on your return trip because they take baht only.

edkoh2000
15-03-2004, 12:59 AM
I just check the website on Airasia again and yes for the month of April, lots of tickets on most dates are selling as high as $2300 baht one way. That is quite expensive but I guess maybe it is because of the Thai New Year and Good Friday.

If they sell too high, then people will just go back to Swiss Air and Thai Airways. I will only go to them if they are much cheaper than regular airlines. If about the same, I will not go to them.

phenom
15-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I just booked for my family of four for travel during the June school holidays.
Per person fares are 499Baht each way = 998 Baht return.
Taxes/insurance/admin/security charges per person totaled 637 Baht.
Add 500 Baht per person for the Bkk airport tax and the total will be 2155 Baht or approximately S$95/-.
Very substantial savings indeed (at least S$600/-) for a family of four.

Peter_North
16-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by phenom
I just booked for my family of four for travel during the June school holidays.
Per person fares are 499Baht each way = 998 Baht return.
Taxes/insurance/admin/security charges per person totaled 637 Baht.
Add 500 Baht per person for the Bkk airport tax and the total will be 2155 Baht or approximately S$95/-.
Very substantial savings indeed (at least S$600/-) for a family of four.

So you going to leave BKK at 7 in the morning ???

phenom
16-03-2004, 10:56 AM
So you going to leave BKK at 7 in the morning ???

No, I'm taking the one at 1750hrs. There's now two flights a day

sassina2
16-03-2004, 12:36 PM
I just check the website on Airasia again and yes for the month of April, lots of tickets on most dates are selling as high as $2300 baht one way. That is quite expensive but I guess maybe it is because of the Thai New Year and Good Friday.

If they sell too high, then people will just go back to Swiss Air and Thai Airways. I will only go to them if they are much cheaper than regular airlines. If about the same, I will not go to them.

It would appear that you don't read postings carefully and clearly enough. Therefore, you will never get to enjoy the ultra low fares they are promoting which yomun, phenom and myself have booked and enjoyed!

Not trying to be clever here, just trying to help you understand how this works so that you don't go round sharing incorrect information.

Even at the website, if you try to book as "normal" you will find yourself paying "normal fares" which is cheaper but not that much cheaper than other airlines.

You really have to comply with their "how to get these fares" which is right where the ultra special fares are listed on the website. Click and go see the booking conditions at the appropriate page.

These fares can only be bought during a promotion period e.g. now to 28th march for travel sometime in the future which is definitely way ahead of short term planning. There are also limited seats per day and the closer you are to those dates, the likelihood is those cheap seats are not available and the normal fares will be shown to you.

By the way, I am still trying to figure out how happy I will be flying the tiny 737 for nearly 3 hours as compared to Airbus or jumbo. I suppose when I fell unhappy, I think of the money I save that can be used for bonking and I will surely be happy!

Ciao

phenom
16-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sassina2
By the way, I am still trying to figure out how happy I will be flying the tiny 737 for nearly 3 hours as compared to Airbus or jumbo.

Ciao

Actually this baby of the Boeing family is very comfortable. At six abreast it have the widest and highest cabin of the narrow-bodied jetliners. It's relatively short length also lent it a feeling of roominess. In contrast, the MD82 of Lion Air is 50% longer, seats five abreast and have a lower ceiling...all in all giving an air of claustrophobia to some. And even worse, the four abreast Fokkers; the model 100 jet (plus the older F28 Fellowship)and the model 50 turboprop (plus the older F27 Friendship)....the taller ones have to stoop.
Anyway Airasia's 737s are of the 300 model which comes with modern turbofans compared to the older series 100 and 200 (common with Indo airlines) which are powered by the very noisy obsolescent turbojets.

I personally prefer the 100 to 150 capacity 737 to the twin axle wide bodies as I do not have to jostle at immigration/customs/baggage belt with up to 400+ other passengers.

sassina2
16-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Phenoma of the melons!

Smart man saving all that money with the family towing along too! Can't think of a better bargain anywhere in the world right now if you flying and taking the whole ging gang with ya.

Under S$100 for Bkk and back by air is just simply unbelievable!

Normal cheapest fares would be closer to S$240+ (inclu singapore airport tax & insurance) or therabouts right?

so you gonna send the "mama" to the shops till she drops while you check out the melons there?

Me like them "petite" or no more than a handful but nice legs and face and a gearbox that knows what its doing is my cup of tea!

phenom
16-03-2004, 03:38 PM
TG costs S$220 to S$280 depending on season. Add S$39 Sg airport and "Osama" taxes and about S$22 Bkk airport tax; and the total would come out to about S$300.
Therefore I stood to save probably S$800.....more than enough for tons of melons on the side.:D

edkoh2000
17-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by sassina2
It would appear that you don't read postings carefully and clearly enough. Therefore, you will never get to enjoy the ultra low fares they are promoting which yomun, phenom and myself have booked and enjoyed!

Not trying to be clever here, just trying to help you understand how this works so that you don't go round sharing incorrect information.

Even at the website, if you try to book as "normal" you will find yourself paying "normal fares" which is cheaper but not that much cheaper than other airlines.

You really have to comply with their "how to get these fares" which is right where the ultra special fares are listed on the website. Click and go see the booking conditions at the appropriate page.

These fares can only be bought during a promotion period e.g. now to 28th march for travel sometime in the future which is definitely way ahead of short term planning. There are also limited seats per day and the closer you are to those dates, the likelihood is those cheap seats are not available and the normal fares will be shown to you.

By the way, I am still trying to figure out how happy I will be flying the tiny 737 for nearly 3 hours as compared to Airbus or jumbo. I suppose when I fell unhappy, I think of the money I save that can be used for bonking and I will surely be happy!

Ciao

Oh...ok...thanks for pointing that out to me and other brothers here. I admit I did not really see it.

Last time I took...after I checked the rates...I call the singapore number to book and not through the net.

My trip to BKK was lesser than 3 hrs and the journey was ok.

Mr.romance
17-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I wonder will Airasia come out with any promotion towards the End of April as they had had jerk up the prices to as high as
S$200+ for depart & return flight for the mth Of April?

sassina2
17-03-2004, 02:04 PM
brother,

Air Asia does not promote that way lah.

They have a "sale period" and "travel period" so there is very slim if not zero hope they will come out with cheap fare for April.

The closer you are to date of travel, the higher their prices because the cheap seats will be pre-sold on the internet way ahead of the travel date. April is like almost here so the fares left for last minute bookings will be higher too.

Hope you understand their concept.

And, the ultra cheap promos only on the internet - when you look at the Ultra Cheap promos. you click the URL "to to get these fares" there to find the cheap fare.

e.g. "how to get this fare" (http://www.airasia.com/promo/promotions.php?language=en&promo=bkksg&PHPSESSID=a36b80d0edf080d69a4effd22c49c71d)

Good Luck

S.

forumer
05-04-2004, 05:31 PM
where exactly does the Sin-Bkk AirAsia flight land? Same area as the normal ThaiAir and Singapore Airlines filghts?

forumer
05-04-2004, 08:18 PM
No. Air Asia has a special boarding gate at RSAF Tengah airbase. Enjoy your flight!

funny...

square
06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Recently the tickets cost as low as B1300 to go and B1300 to come back. Same rules apply, with a specific booking and travelling period. If it suits your schedule, book the tickets at the starting of the booking time window cos there are selling like hot cakes!

SG - BKK = B1300
BKK - SG = B1300
SG taxes = B657
BKK taxes = B500
Total = B3757 (Approx. S$170)

Regular Airlines would cost at least S$220 without all the taxes.

Besides, now the Sg - BKK routes has 2 flights to and fro per day... no need to travel at ungodly hours anymore.

Moral of the story... confirm your schedule early... at least 1 month before hand?

Btw, I heard someone making a trip in mid - end of April.... wanna linkup?