PDA

View Full Version : Getting Thai PR.

LOTR
05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Anybody knows what r the documents needed for the apply for thai pr?
How fast can i get it?
Thanks.

siamcutey
05-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by LOTR
How fast can i get it?
Thanks.

The documents you required 1st is money. Lots of it.

As for fast, really depends too. Cannot say today apply tomorrow get. Get Singapore PR easier than get Thai PR. Even you marry a Thai wife also don't guarantee you get a Thai PR.

SC

fastbud
05-03-2004, 02:57 PM
for all the hassle your better off getting a one year Non Immigration B visa that lets you stay for 3 months and do the vias run. If your over 50 then ther is the option is to get a retirement visa but you have to be over 50 for that and you need to have 800,000 baht plus in the bank or show you have a monthly income of over 65,000 baht.

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/retire.htm

In all my time in Thailand I have only ever know one person get Thai PR and he was married to a Thai university lecture and got a lot of help to do it from Thai lawers and as Siamcutey says it requires money lots of it

one other thing is you have to report to the police every 90 days regardless of the visa, to confirm your address.

LOTR
05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
I only want to get the thai PR bcos that i can get all the money i have in mine cpf account in sillypore. If not i will have to wait unit 50 years old...:mad:

If i can get all the money back, i can buy lands n condo in thailand.

LOTR
05-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Ok. Done some reading for getting a thai PR...
Huh? 1 year only allow 100 person per country n so many things needed.
Dun know whether this is heng or suay for the person to get the PR?

Now back to earn money.

cyrus
05-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by yomun
If you're a Singapore citizen. Think again. If you're the type that travel alot for business or leisure. You'll know the value of a Singapore passport. The only pride I've for Singapore is when I travel to other countries without applying for tour visas and when I come back to Changi Airport Immigration counter. Smooth as fuck.

Hey bro Yomun,

... but if its ow garn ... then its better tight .... chai mai?

keet
05-03-2004, 06:21 PM
How fast can i get it?
Thanks.

hi,

Like bro Yomun says.. if u've tons of $$$ and retiring soon, by all means, but if u r just having some mid-life crisis than better forget it and stay tight here lor.

documents... wah i tell u, it's never ending with countless trips to the "amphur" local district office for interviews, questions, submission, again and again. well.. i gave up after 9mths of this crap. as i didnt want to go thru the "backdoor" and spend $$$ so this is wat happen lor.

btw... khun mee fan Thai lor?

Mr.romance
05-03-2004, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fastbud
[B]for all the hassle your better off getting a one year Non Immigration B visa that lets you stay for 3 months and do the vias run. If your over 50 then ther is the option is to get a retirement visa but you have to be over 50 for that and you need to have 800,000 baht plus in the bank or show you have a monthly income of over 65,000 baht.

Well...well..its really crazy to earn tat type of money to
Qualify for PR in Thailand..even some grads in singapore don earn
tat type of money..

How come Such a big country like Thailand need us to go through such big fuss to qualify for a PR? Don tell me they want to minimise the traffic in BK? Or is it becos it is a developing country & they need our money desperately????

keet
06-03-2004, 12:11 AM
every country wants to have the best of cos and not just any tom dick and harry.
in fact they are targeting and promoting more for the wealthy Jap retirees and other rich nationalities.

when i retired back in Thailand, i would see myself not getting a PR, but probably get a "certified" Thai ID instead... ;)
there are ways getting around it.. but i am not gona release the info here..hahah.

keet
06-03-2004, 12:16 AM
an ex-farang colleague who worked for 10yrs on work permit got his PR after about 6mths with help of lawyer and paid closed to B300k.
basic requirement for PR is a continuos 3yrs stay in LOS.

Mr.romance
06-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by keet
an ex-farang colleague who worked for 10yrs on work permit got his PR after about 6mths with help of lawyer and paid closed to B300k.
$300k baht is a crazy money to give to get a PR unless u had no choice
3 yrs stay is a pretty long time...1 yr I think I cannot tahan already.In 3 yrs time, My cock will be super experienced by then with all the names of MP & pubs on it...

siamcutey
06-03-2004, 02:24 AM
I only want to get the thai PR bcos that i can get all the money i have in mine cpf account in sillypore. If not i will have to wait unit 50 years old...:mad:

If i can get all the money back, i can buy lands n condo in thailand.

Correction. Its Condo only, not Land

SC

siamcutey
06-03-2004, 02:28 AM

Basic PR is 3 years continuous stay and then 2 subsequent PR visas then can apply for citizenship. At least 13 years. kekeke

Think around there.

SC

liketoplay
06-03-2004, 11:44 AM
One question here.
To register a company requres abt 15K baht. Understand from lawyer that we can buy landed property using company name in BKK. Any bro know how much does it cost to maintain that company each year if its just a dormant company? Also , any one ever get into trouble with this arrangement b4 ?

keet
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by liketoplay
One question here.
To register a company requres abt 15K baht. Understand from lawyer that we can buy landed property using company name in BKK. Any bro know how much does it cost to maintain that company each year if its just a dormant company? Also , any one ever get into trouble with this arrangement b4 ?

u must be a millionaire??

ask bro Max88 over here...
http://pub17.ezboard.com/fsawadee85516frm16

liketoplay
06-03-2004, 01:40 PM
u must be a millionaire??

ask bro Max88 over here...
http://pub17.ezboard.com/fsawadee85516frm16

Not a millionaire ....
Thanks for the link anyway .