PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok

Zambo
27-04-2004, 08:43 AM
going to Bangkok Saturday back Malaysia Monday. Anyone got any good ago-go girl suggestions. Usually have a couple of regulars at Rainbow 2 and After Skool but want to try new territories. Names, numbers, bars appreciated of good performers.

Zambo

tirak69
27-04-2004, 02:48 PM
going to Bangkok Saturday back Malaysia Monday. Anyone got any good ago-go girl suggestions. Usually have a couple of regulars at Rainbow 2 and After Skool but want to try new territories. Names, numbers, bars appreciated of good performers.

Zambo
ago-go bars are found in NEP, soi cowboy and patpong area. have fun!

blacknight6
18-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Will be going to Bangkok tomorrow, can someone suggest where in Yawarat that I can find reasonable sharkfins. Also shopping centres near Pratuman where I will be staying. Thanks

Sinoview
18-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Will be going to Bangkok tomorrow, can someone suggest where in Yawarat that I can find reasonable sharkfins. Also shopping centres near Pratuman where I will be staying. Thanks

Frankly...though Thai style of shark fin preparation is very popular and suit our taste. The best and dollar value one is found not in Thailand any more but in Singapore. Many of the frequent Thai goers who agreed with me.

Our Thai village and Siamese Fin dishes out shark fin much better than any Thai shops nowadays. For a very simple reason...the raw shark fin are harvest not in Thai but elsewhere round the world like South Africa, the pacific island etc. Thai government imposed a very "high" tax (more than 40%
) on such import.

So it's smarter to eat shark fin in Singapore which has no tax on them. Moreover, the Sland shark fin restaurants have acquired the skill of preparation which is not not below the standard of the Thais.

You go try them and compared with what our Sin restaurants can produce and you will know.

Cheers

blacknight6
19-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Thanks sinoview for your response, just that, heard so much about the fins from friends who have been there that it arouses my curiosity. Anyway last time I was there was in Feb. This time going with the family cos of school hols. So would not be able to cheong. Have noticed that PDMM already infiltrated into Yawarat too.

Sinoview
19-06-2004, 01:18 AM
Thanks sinoview for your response, just that, heard so much about the fins from friends who have been there that it arouses my curiosity. Anyway last time I was there was in Feb. This time going with the family cos of school hols. So would not be able to cheong. Have noticed that PDMM already infiltrated into Yawarat too.

Don't get me wrong, I not trying to discourage you from avoiding S fin in LOS but just to preamp you that they are not as good as we "thought".

By the way, what's PDMM...what mei mei is that ???

delifrance
19-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Hi

Sharks' fins being prepared in Thailand will never be as good as in Hong Kong, Singapore and China, maybe Taiwan too.

As for go-go bars:

1) Nana Plaza - Sukhumvit Soi 4
- expatriate crowd is the majority, less tourists. Three levels of stalls, the higher you go, the more he-girls you get. my personal advice...stick to 2nd and 3rd level. There is a western style pub called Woodstock at the second floor, a lot of Ang Mor forumers in Nanapong and also Bangkoktonight are there.

2) Patpong - tell the taxi driver to bring you to Montien Hotel Surawong, Patpong is touristy and the girls can be pushy to dump a lot of drinks for you to pay.

3) Clinton Plaza - the lousy leftovers from Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza (NEP) and Patpong. It's at Sukhumvit Soi 13. if it still exists....

4) Soi Cowboy - just tell driver 'Soi Cowboy', the best old faithfull stall is Long Gun but it's a Ang Mor place, the girls go for Ang Mor first.

guzzler
19-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Been to all of these places numerous times and I prefer Soi Cowboy. It's a bit more laid back. The girls don't hassle you as much. You can sit outside at many of the bars and just hang out before or after you've found your date for the night.

Tilac Bar is a great spot. I know the owner quite well and she runs a good operation.

Anyone who's been to SC knows Long Gun. I used to love the place, but for some reason it's lost it's appeal. If you want to see some shows (dart shooting, opening bottles, ping-pong balls, etc) then LG is your place at SC.

Have fun. Explore and you'll definately find something that suits you.

BTW... If you're looking for a massage place I recommend Mona Lisa. Taxi drivers will know how to get you there, it's not far off of Sukhumvit. Great looking girls with nice facilities. Sure to please.

MarkNgSiongBoon
21-06-2004, 08:00 PM
anyone notice that in LG they fly two Singapore flags as compared to only one for the rest among the UN flags there? conspiracy theory...

delifrance
22-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi

dont bother to think about conspirancy. Sg guys are popular targets for the night industry because Sg guys comes in two kinds: as bad the thai guys or the creme la cream of Asians apart from the generous and easy-going Japanese. The japs are - pay generous, get good service and no emotional ties. the sg guys are best called walking atms.