PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Recommendation in Bangkok!

michong
13-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,

Im planning to visit BKK for the first time. Objective is to cheong, shop and eat. Any good recommendation for hotels that is in good 'hunting grounds' and resonably priced. 3 or 4 stars hotels? :confused:

Many recommendation is Asia Hotel. But I found out most singapoean aunties go there and fear bump into someone I know when bring back my 'supper'. :eek:

gigantic_tk
13-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi guys,

Im planning to visit BKK for the first time. Objective is to cheong, shop and eat. Any good recommendation for hotels that is in good 'hunting grounds' and resonably priced. 3 or 4 stars hotels? :confused:

Many recommendation is Asia Hotel. But I found out most singapoean aunties go there and fear bump into someone I know when bring back my 'supper'. :eek:

Asia Hotel is only convenient that there is a covered walkway link to SKY train station. Around this hotel you can find one or two ancient foot massage centre, they also offer traditional body massage. It is rather far away if you want to go the those established massage parlour. The cab will cost you BHT100 excluding the commission the driver will get from massage shop. I doubt this Asia Hotel is guest friendly hotel because I see the security at the lift lobby is quite tight, there is always a cowboy lift girl/man at the lift who also observe you in and out of this hotel. However the free breakfast, buffet style, is not bad........not stay at this Hotel for nearly one year liao...........perhaps Hotels near the Siam Square will be better choice.

guzzler
13-09-2004, 06:50 PM
I've always been quite happy at the Regency Park. I'd rate it as a 3 star. Good rates with clean rooms. No view, but who cares about that?

They're visitor friendly. Good restaurants nearby (try bourbon street for great western food). Short walk to Soi Cowboy if you want to give that a try, otherwise you can walk to the skytrain to go to the other areas.

Have fun.

simnon
14-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Anyone knows the Classic Place Hotel ?
Is it near to all the cheong places.

This is on offer by Zuji.com at $69 with return tickets which I am keen to try out. The airline is Tiger Air.

Kum Sia

ichibawa
14-09-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone knows the Classic Place Hotel ?
This is on offer by Zuji.com at $69 with return tickets which I am keen to try out.

Classic Place Hotel along Phetchaburi Road. On your left about 5 mins walk to Prince entertainment complex and on your right about 5 mins walk you can find Halem 1553 Body Massage and another 5 mins down call Mono Lisa Body Massage

simnon
14-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Brudder

Thank you for the information and will proceed to book a 2D1N trip to try out over the weekend of 25th/26th Sept. Hope to get this deal.

Do they have go go bars at the prince entertainment complex or just massage parlours only ?

Kum sia

Classic Place Hotel along Phetchaburi Road. On your left about 5 mins walk to Prince entertainment complex and on your right about 5 mins walk you can find Halem 1553 Body Massage and another 5 mins down call Mono Lisa Body Massage

ichibawa
14-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Brudder,Do they have go go bars at the prince entertainment complex or just massage parlours only ?Kum sia

This is entertainment centre which about 12 storey high. they have massage palour, snooker room, game room and nite club.I don't think it have ah go go bar.

simnon
15-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks brudder

Will have to take taxi to patpong or nana plaza.

Cheers

This is entertainment centre which about 12 storey high. they have massage palour, snooker room, game room and nite club.I don't think it have ah go go bar.

michong
15-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Anyone know is Ambassador Hotel Bangkok 'guest-friendly'. Should I book single or double? :confused:

ParaParaSakura
15-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Anyone know is Ambassador Hotel Bangkok 'guest-friendly'. Should I book single or double? :confused:Yes it is.......try to stay in the tower wing rather than the the main wing......

vaxvms
15-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Yes it is.......try to stay in the tower wing rather than the the main wing......

now u venture into LOS also
no more sakura:D

ParaParaSakura
15-09-2004, 04:30 PM
now u venture into LOS also
no more sakura:DMy signature says it all bro......sayonara to SK...... :D

michong
15-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Yes it is.......try to stay in the tower wing rather than the the main wing......

Thks, Do I book the single or double room if I want to bring back guest?

gigantic_tk
15-09-2004, 06:01 PM
You can check the BangkoK Hotels rates (in USD) and happening Maps, all in these threads:

Bangkok Hotels and Maps thread

Bangkok's Hotels
http://www.res24.com/index.html?r=bangkok&show=1&partner=bangkoktonight.com

MAP
Ratchdapisek Area Map
http://bangkoktonight.com/maps/ratchdapisek.shtml

New Petchburi Area Map
http://bangkoktonight.com/maps/new_petchburi_road.shtml

Sukhumvit Area Map
http://bangkoktonight.com/maps/sukhumvit.shtml

Soi Cowboy Area Map
http://bangkoktonight.com/maps/soi_cowboy.shtml

Sammi888
16-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Were at BKK recently, stayed at Siam Beverly Hotel for USD 16 per nite via this web link:
http://www.precisionreservations.com/ph-aspx-hotel_id.10698-db-hoteldatabase/HotelDisplay.htm, as recommended by kind brudders in this forum.

SBH is located along Ratchada Rd, right across Emerald Hotel n most of the ap nam places. The nearest MRT is Huay Kwang Station, about 5 mins walk away.

SBH is a guest/gal friendly hotel, they do not question the guest/gal u bring back and the single room is reasonable big n clean n TV can watch ESPN. My small complaint is that sometimes the water is not hot enough...haha...sillyporean is like tat wan...pardon me....already cheap cheap but must still find something to complaint about...nonetheless I personally think tat USD 16 is money well spent...

I'm not making a recommendation, jus sharing my experience....

I was travelling in a cab back to SBH and along Ratchada (towards Poseidon direction) one of the nite and (I think) jus b4 Robinson, at my far left I saw a nice-looking building with a lots of lights n its called Pump-Up Club. And then further down the road, there was this very big neon-light advert on this Pump-Up Club too...I wonder is that a new disco? Or a Club like Carribean (paiseh...never been to Carribean either...only read from forum)...I'm hoping next trip I can pay a visit to a Club like this...

As I didn't get the chance to go find out more about this Pump-Up Club, I hope if any brudders here who have been there can share experience n also advice on kind of money to spend there...

Rgds.

vaxvms
16-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Thks, Do I book the single or double room if I want to bring back guest?

so far hotel i stay regardless bzi/leisure all at least queen size bed
if guest-friendly even u book a single rm they also give u queen/king size bed
so no pb bringing in girl

if hotel not girl-friendly they will charge u extra 500-600 bahts on top of ur rm bill for bringing extra guest at nite

so i tink u smart enough to know wat to do next

chokdeee!!!

ParaParaSakura
16-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Thks, Do I book the single or double room if I want to bring back guest?You book a single room you get ONE queen/king-size bed.....you book a double room you get TWO single-size beds......

vaxvms
16-09-2004, 02:10 PM
You book a single room you get ONE queen/king-size bed.....you book a double room you get TWO single-size beds......

good one u quote :D
but 2 single later can combo to become 1 extra big KING-szie

michong
16-09-2004, 02:30 PM
You book a single room you get ONE queen/king-size bed.....you book a double room you get TWO single-size beds......

Request for one queen bed when booking or check-in? And one thing silly question, do all bkk 3 or 4 star hotel room come with bath tub? I like big bath tub.... :p

guzzler
16-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Request for one queen bed when booking or check-in? And one thing silly question, do all bkk 3 or 4 star hotel room come with bath tub? I like big bath tub.... :p

Bro -

If you like a big bathtub you can try the suite at the Regency Park. It has a large jacuzzi bathtub and a HUGE (larger than king) bed. It also has a separate sitting room and regular sized refrig.

It's a bit more exp, but it's worth it if you plan on having some real fun. I had 4 girls in there one night and we all fit in the bed with room to spare!

ParaParaSakura
16-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Request for one queen bed when booking or check-in? And one thing silly question, do all bkk 3 or 4 star hotel room come with bath tub? I like big bath tub.... :pIt is a given that when you book a 'single' room you there will be one queen size bed room in the room........a 'double' room and you will get two separate 'single-size' beds......this is hotel terminology......
Most should come with bathtubs.......even some 1-2 stars hotels have bathtubs but most would be so filthy I dare not soak in........

michong
16-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Bros,

Thks alot...

Vincent
16-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi,

Just like to be sure on this Siam Beverly... is it guest friendly??? Affirmative??? Find the location for SBH central enough to most happening places. :)

gigantic_tk
17-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Guest friendly hotels: A-One Hotel | Baiyoke Sky Hotel | Drop Inn Bangkok | Emporium Suites | Grand Diamond Pratunam | Grand Hyatt Erawan | Intercontinental Bangkok | JW Marriot | Landmark Hotel | Majestic Suites | Manhattan Hotel | Merchant Court Hotel | Nana Hotel | Novotel Lotus | Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit | Pallazo Hotel | Shangri-la Hotel | Siam Beverly Hotel | Somerset Hotel | Westin Grande Sukhumvit

plman2002
17-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Guest friendly hotels: A-One Hotel | Baiyoke Sky Hotel | Drop Inn Bangkok | Emporium Suites | Grand Diamond Pratunam | Grand Hyatt Erawan | Intercontinental Bangkok | JW Marriot | Landmark Hotel | Majestic Suites | Manhattan Hotel | Merchant Court Hotel | Nana Hotel | Novotel Lotus | Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit | Pallazo Hotel | Shangri-la Hotel | Siam Beverly Hotel | Somerset Hotel | Westin Grande Sukhumvit

My contribution : Radisson Hotel

Ze_dick
18-09-2004, 12:28 AM
My contribution : Radisson Hotel

very clear info but the most important thing is, which one is the most worth? In terms of price and service?
:)

Ze_dick
18-09-2004, 12:29 AM
Also not forgetting Ratchada City Hotel.

siamcutey
18-09-2004, 12:38 AM
very clear info but the most important thing is, which one is the most worth? In terms of price and service?
:)

Budget and service you looking at?

SC

Ze_dick
18-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Budget and service you looking at?

SC

so far, I only know Ratchada City Hotel is the best 800bt per day. Close to Hollywood Awards, got train to MBK somemore. Where else can be better?

Vincent
18-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Was at Rat city hotel 2 weeks ago, stayed for 4 days. Errmm, it was 700 baht. Additional info, for hotel phone calls within LOS, it charges only 6 baht per call, irregardless of length of call.

Actually, heard from someone that Merchant court at ratchada is not guest friendly...

siamcutey
19-09-2004, 12:27 AM
so far, I only know Ratchada City Hotel is the best 800bt per day. Close to Hollywood Awards, got train to MBK somemore. Where else can be better?

Besides Emporium Sukhumvit, theres one more motel. Its in between Emporium and besides Baron's barber. kekekeke Can't remember the name. Between 800-1000 which i don't think more than a 1000baht for a night. Baron's is within walking distance. Maybe the baron girl can follow you back at night too.

*Oops, think you don't cheong kept fishes. you cheong live ones.

hahaha
SC

gigantic_tk
19-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Was at Rat city hotel 2 weeks ago, stayed for 4 days. Errmm, it was 700 baht. Additional info, for hotel phone calls within LOS, it charges only 6 baht per call, irregardless of length of call.

Actually, heard from someone that Merchant court at ratchada is not guest friendly...

Merchant Court to the white (ang mo) is guest friendly. Sterotype there, Asia sometimes depends on your lucky..

However Asia Hotel is very guest UNFRIENDLY, always stationed a lift attendant at the lobby to watch if guest bring in guest lor.
Many years back, I stay at Chavarit Hotel bring guest in needs to register and pay a fee at the counter.

vaxvms
19-09-2004, 04:38 AM
Besides Emporium Sukhumvit, theres one more motel. Its in between Emporium and besides Baron's barber. kekekeke Can't remember the name. Between 800-1000 which i don't think more than a 1000baht for a night. Baron's is within walking distance. Maybe the baron girl can follow you back at night too.

*Oops, think you don't cheong kept fishes. you cheong live ones.

hahaha
SC

BARON one of my fav oil massage
but make sure choose the rite uniform girl else have to settle for a nice traditional massage

:D

Sinoview
19-09-2004, 08:32 AM

RCH is a budget hotel, the room condition is quite old. Particularly the toilet. For those who have the budget this hotel is not enough.

Moreover, the price do not come with breakfast.

Grand hotel which is a little down the road and directly opposite Poseidon is 1200b. Room condition much better and very comfortable even for business traveller. Girl friendly. It comes with a pretty good buffet breakfast too.

The class and price is around that of Emerald Hotel but with a bigger room and gal friendly.

A Value for money hotel in BKK for me.

Can someone kindly report on the condition and price of Siam Beverly Hotel ? The location is very good (opossite Robinson and Carrefore).

i think the price tag should be slightly higher than RCH but below that of Grand hotel. But don't know how is the current room condition now... It's quite a old hotel... But a good alternative to RCH ithink.

Cheers

Hasa Sas
19-09-2004, 01:00 PM
RCH is a budget hotel, the room condition is quite old. Particularly the toilet. For those who have the budget this hotel is not enough.

Moreover, the price do not come with breakfast.

Grand hotel which is a little down the road and directly opposite Poseidon is 1200b. Room condition much better and very comfortable even for business traveller. Girl friendly. It comes with a pretty good buffet breakfast too.

The class and price is around that of Emerald Hotel but with a bigger room and gal friendly.

A Value for money hotel in BKK for me.

Can someone kindly report on the condition and price of Siam Beverly Hotel ? The location is very good (opossite Robinson and Carrefore).

i think the price tag should be slightly higher than RCH but below that of Grand hotel. But don't know how is the current room condition now... It's quite a old hotel... But a good alternative to RCH ithink.

Cheers

stayed at siam beverly during my recent trip and found that it pretty value for money....gal friendly and was surprised that the cleanliness of the room and toliet were above my expectation.....would be even better if there is a safe deposit box. IMHO wouldn't mind paying the extra 100-200 baht as compare to RCH.

RTF: likely

chachai
27-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Sammi888

I'm planning to visit BKK next month. This time prefer to stay cheap and gal friendly hotel may be say Palazzo.

From your post, knowing that SBH is cheaper than Palazzo. Most importantly is the location must be around that location. Is SBH just right opposite the Emerald Hotel?

thks

utopia
28-09-2004, 12:17 AM
try watana mansion, ratchada soi 17 opposite copa cabana and poseidon. 500 bht daily with 24hrs mini market at ground floor, free 30mins internet connections daily(if exceed i think 20 bht/hr), good and cheap food at lobby and 5mins walk to mrt. king size bed and with bathtub too. only bad thing is their tv channels sux...anyway the room is juz for sleeping and sexercising only so still quite ok ;)

location is quite good, if lazy to bathe alone juz cross the road to poseidon :D

Sammi888
30-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi Sammi888

I'm planning to visit BKK next month. This time prefer to stay cheap and gal friendly hotel may be say Palazzo.

From your post, knowing that SBH is cheaper than Palazzo. Most importantly is the location must be around that location. Is SBH just right opposite the Emerald Hotel?

thks

u can book SBH thru this website
http://www.precisionreservations.com/ph-aspx-hotel_id.10698-db-hoteldatabase/HotelDisplay.htm

at US$ 16 per nite. Yes, SBH is right opposite Emerald and is about 5 mins walk to Hway Kwang MRT station. It's also very near to ap nam places such as Emmenuelle, Hi-Class, Nataree, Mirage...etc, however the more famous one Poseidon is further down the Ratchada Rd...maybe about 15-20 mins walk...

Browse bangkoktonight website for the map but orientate from Emerald Hotel for the ap nam places..

SBH is gal friendly...I brought a gal back n the reception hardly gave a damn about it...

Have fun! Btw, when next mth u going bkk?

Rgds.

mi.chi.eru
01-10-2004, 02:34 AM
http://www.precisionreservations.com/ph-aspx-hotel_id.10698-db-hoteldatabase/HotelDisplay.htm

at US$ 16 per nite. Yes, SBH is right opposite Emerald and is about 5 mins walk to Hway Kwang MRT station. It's also very near to ap nam places such as Emmenuelle, Hi-Class, Nataree, Mirage...etc, however the more famous one Poseidon is further down the Ratchada Rd...maybe about 15-20 mins walk...

Browse bangkoktonight website for the map but orientate from Emerald Hotel for the ap nam places..

SBH is gal friendly...I brought a gal back n the reception hardly gave a damn about it...

Rgds.

Just to add on.

The difference is the room at Palazzo is slightly better/newer as compared to SBH. As long as you are staying in either one, you don't have to worry about the MP's as its all around the area. Palazzo opposite the road abt 5-10 metres away is 7-11... so whatever you need can get. very convenient. Only thing I don't like abt palazzo is that there is no bathtub.(For more juicy news-read my article :p )

There is also a MP (Mirage - I think) just next to Palazzo.. KNN.. That time I saw a MP girl drove a camry...

Have Fun!

P.S if you want I can give u some tips on the MP's...

Sinoview
01-10-2004, 10:02 AM
stayed at siam beverly during my recent trip and found that it pretty value for money....gal friendly and was surprised that the cleanliness of the room and toliet were above my expectation.....would be even better if there is a safe deposit box. IMHO wouldn't mind paying the extra 100-200 baht as compare to RCH.

RTF: likely

Looks like Siam Beverly Hill hotel is a good alternative to RCH.

I think many samters will certainly consider this hotel.

Thanks for the information.

will1677
01-10-2004, 10:32 AM
I stay at Somerset Hotel in Suhumvit Sol 13 b4 n the price is 1500 nett with b/f for 2. It is very gal friendly as reception is in level 2 n u can go up by lift to your room without going pass lobby. :)

My coming trip in 6-Oct will try n stay in Swiss park Hotel in Sol 11. The price is about 1500 nett but pick an exective room at 1800 nett with b/f.

vaxvms
01-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Looks like Siam Beverly Hill hotel is a good alternative to RCH.

I think many samters will certainly consider this hotel.

Thanks for the information.

hey bro if i were to choose i will opt for palazzo
but me seldom stay in ratchada area
SUK is my home base :p
got chance we chiong bkk together
and u show me china south........
best is we go PRC and transit BKK and back SG

naemlo
01-10-2004, 01:51 PM

Wow go PRC then BKK, this u have to count me in....

Sinoview
01-10-2004, 03:15 PM

Me only stay in Ratchada when i go BKK on business trip or transist. You don't laugh...traffic at Ratchada now has improved very much after the completion of subway and the roads around the area. Moreover it's quite close to the airport.

The last time i stayed in Suk area was at least three years ago... No attraction for me leh....I prefer the Siam Sq area or the Luan Suan area if on holiday...

I used to transist in bkk when i go PRC. But less now...as Tg doesn't offer attractive prices for travel to china cities...

damocles
01-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I thought twin room is two single bed while a double room will get you a double/king size bed.

Regards

It is a given that when you book a 'single' room you there will be one queen size bed room in the room........a 'double' room and you will get two separate 'single-size' beds......this is hotel terminology......
Most should come with bathtubs.......even some 1-2 stars hotels have bathtubs but most would be so filthy I dare not soak in........

damocles
01-10-2004, 06:04 PM
By right, a Twin Room will be two single bed while a Double Room will be a double/king size bed.

Sorry about double posting as my explorer is screwed

Regards

It is a given that when you book a 'single' room you there will be one queen size bed room in the room........a 'double' room and you will get two separate 'single-size' beds......this is hotel terminology......

chachai
01-10-2004, 11:35 PM
hi sammi888

thks for the info.

Planned 14/10 to 18/10. a group of friends 4 or 5 persons. want to join us?

Rgds.

Sammi888
03-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi Chachai,

I'll b in bkk 8-11 oct...perhaps the next trip...hopefully when i'm back can post some FRs...unfortunately my this group of friends not really into ap nam...will c how...

Tks & Chok dee.... :)