PDA

View Full Version : How to resize pictures?

simone_simone
23-11-2004, 10:23 AM
hi guys, samuel has just replied to me and i am in man. thanks sam. forgive my ignorance....... can someone kindly teach me how to post my collection of pics? and i have been advised to shrink the size of my pics..... again can anyone tell me how to do that? hope i get help from you guys soon as i am just as eager to share my pics with you guys as i am to view what you guys have in here to share with me....... thanking you guys in anticipation........

sammyboyfor
23-11-2004, 10:29 AM
i have been advised to shrink the size of my pics..... again can anyone tell me how to do that?

http://homepage.cs.uri.edu/tutorials/PhotoshopEl/Help/help.html

simone_simone
23-11-2004, 10:40 AM
sammyboyfor, sad to say i catch no ball in the help link......... does anyone have yahoo messenger or can i call someone on the phone and you guys help me with the step by step instruction on the phone while i do it? i am sorry guys, i am really bad in computer stuff.

sammyboyfor
23-11-2004, 10:53 AM
sammyboyfor, sad to say i catch no ball in the help link......... does anyone have yahoo messenger or can i call someone on the phone and you guys help me with the step by step instruction on the phone while i do it? i am sorry guys, i am really bad in computer stuff.

Your images are now 2912x2184 pixels.

Open your picture in photoshop and click on the image menu > image size. The current resolution will be displayed.

Change the resolution to 1024x768 and then select 'save as'

When the dialog box appears.. choose "medium" to "low" settings in the "quality" slider bar. This should give you an image of around 80 to 120Kb which is perfect for posting in the forum.

Glad to be of assistance.

simone_simone
23-11-2004, 11:04 AM
sorry my man, you got to be in more detail when you are talking to a computer idiot like me. how do i open my pic in photo shop? step by step instructions please....... thanks

sammyboyfor
23-11-2004, 11:08 AM
sorry my man, you got to be in more detail when you are talking to a computer idiot like me. how do i open my pic in photo shop? step by step instructions please....... thanks

Just drag and drop your image into the photoshop icon. Photoshop will fire up automatically.

simone_simone
23-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Just drag and drop your image into the photoshop icon. Photoshop will fire up automatically.
where to find photo shop my friend? hahahahaha. might sound funny to you but i am really a computer idiot. i dont have photoshop in my programmes

sammyboyfor
23-11-2004, 11:19 AM
where to find photo shop my friend? hahahahaha. might sound funny to you but i am really a computer idiot. i dont have photoshop in my programmes

Use the image editing program that came with your digicam then. The principles are exactly the same... reduce the resolution to around 1024x768 and then use the "save as" option to increase the jpg compression.

simone_simone
23-11-2004, 12:05 PM
finally i got some pics ready for you guys and ladies to enjoy. i will be posting a series of pics of my girl friend. it took me alot of convincing before she agreed. hope you guys like it and dont forget to give me points so that i can view what you have posted. cheers. ps. thanks to sammyboyfor for all his gracious coaching and guidance in helping me get this up and running. cheers to you my man.

KingEros
23-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Use the image editing program that came with your digicam then. The principles are exactly the same... reduce the resolution to around 1024x768 and then use the "save as" option to increase the jpg compression.
Kudos to you ... for your patience. :D
I'd have exploded by his 3rd p[osting. :eek:

KingEros
23-11-2004, 12:43 PM
i will be posting a series of pics of my girl friend.
Didi ... try to stick to one thread leh - it's the same girlfriend after all. :rolleyes:

sammyboyfor
23-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Kudos to you ... for your patience.
I'd have exploded by his 3rd p[osting.

When someone wants to contribute to the forum, I will do my best to be as helpful as possible.

It's the freeloaders I have no patience with. :D

yang punk
23-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Thats a nice young promising ass... and your camera did her justice!

Waithing for more goodies from you.

4 pts to spur you on, buddy :p

simone_simone
25-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Thats a nice young promising ass... and your camera did her justice!

Waithing for more goodies from you.

4 pts to spur you on, buddy :p

thanks...... more pics are at "convincing takes effort"