02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
:D :D

As above. This thread is for all Arsenal Gunner Supporters

SC

JWNY
02-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Congrats on your thread bro SC....

Didn't imagine you as a "Gunner" :)

now TCSS can be divided into 4 camps...unless many West Ham fans turn up "overnight" :D

JWNY

Cheri_Popper
03-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Arsenal supporter since 1980! ;)

Cheri_Popper
03-09-2006, 02:56 AM
I guess our team is the only English team without an English or British players in the starting 11 since the departure of Campbell and Cole! :eek:

~~Fresh~~
03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Slow start from Arsenal this season.... hope they buck up ...and I can foresee going on with a winning streak from mid sept to nov...!!!

angie II
03-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I guess our team is the only English team without an English or British players in the starting 11 since the departure of Campbell and Cole! :eek:

i'm sooo relieved 2 know that.. phew~ :rolleyes:

taurus75
03-09-2006, 06:42 PM
congrats on arsenal thread..brudders.
this season..young young arsenal team!

Fire Fighter
03-09-2006, 08:30 PM
congrats on arsenal thread..brudders.
this season..young young arsenal team!

The oldies are Lehmman, Henry, Gilberto, Lungberg and Lauren. The rest are basically very young.

They might not do well this season because of their inexperiences, but give them a couple of seasons and they will be strong. ;)

weert
03-09-2006, 08:30 PM
reporting.... present, sir! :D
2007 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE HERE WE GO!!

darkforce
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
dunno what's wrong with the gunners this season :mad: ... henry have not score any goals yet ... the attitude problem of reyes ... the departure of campbell & cole
hopefully gallas may help shape things up a bit .. henry finds his magical touch ... lehman don't be so ku ku :)

siamcutey
03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
ARSENAL'S BEST SIGNING

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/siamcutey/coach_wenger.jpg

Without him, Arsenal would not have nurtured so many superstars in the team:D

SC

Cheri_Popper
04-09-2006, 12:45 AM
ARSENAL'S BEST SIGNING

Without him, Arsenal would not have nurtured so many superstars in the team:D

SC

Totally agreed. He has an eye for unpolished diamonds and making them into some of the brightest stars although 1 or 2 signings were failure namely Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Kanu, etc.

He was not very well known before he became the manager of Arsenal.

siamcutey
04-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Totally agreed. He has an eye for unpolished diamonds and making them into some of the brightest stars although 1 or 2 signings were failure namely Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Kanu, etc.

He was not very well known before he became the manager of Arsenal.

Wright n Jeffers were gifted but probably never fulfill their potentials. So there is only so much Arsene can do.
Kanu was good, but only then he couldn't force the way through because of Henry and Bergkamp and then Wiltord was around then. So Kanu only had bit roles to play. He is good just that not good enough for the first 11 in Arsenal.
Reyes is truly talented if you saw him played for Sevilla but when Reyes came over to Arsenal, he gets tackled easily and falls down rather easily too. Gary Neville's tackles never fail to bring him down and thats why the EPL's physical game is not suited for Reyes. Over the past 2 yrs, Reyes still couldn't overcome this issue and thats why he is not suited for the play of Arsenal

The best thing that Arsene did was to make Petit, Ljungberg, Vieira, Fabregas, Anelka, Ashley Cole become superstars.
Revived Henry's career. Brought the best from Bergkamp using him sparingly due to his age. Unearthed Eboue, Senderos, Flamini, Toure

Arsenal had the most amount of Internationals represented in the recent World Cup.

Though Arsenal does not win so many Championships in recent years, but it is undeniable, many soccer fans in this world love the passing display by the Gunners Team.

And that was why Arsenal vs Barcelona CL Final last year was one of the most heavily anticipated final for soccer fans in this world.:D

Arsène Wenger FACTFILE
Arsène is now the most successful Arsenal manager in history - having won seven major honours for the Club, as well as four Charity/Community Shields. Last season’s FA Cup success was the fourth under Wenger - he is the only Gunners manager to have lifted the trophy more than once. In addition, the Frenchman has guided Arsenal to three league championships since taking over during the 1996/97 season. Has led the Club on two occasions to the league and FA Cup ‘double’, while in 2004 he became the first manager in the history of the English league to complete a 38-game season unbeaten.

In each of his eight full seasons, Arsenal have finished in the top two in the table, while also reaching the last four of the FA Cup seven times. In 2003 he was awarded an honorary OBE, and a year earlier he was decorated with France’s highest civil honour, the Legion d’Honneur. Fluent in five languages, Wenger has a degree in economics from Strasbourg University, and was presented with an honorary degree (DSc) from the University of Hertfordshire in 1999. Awarded the Freedom of Islington in October 2004.

Name Arsène Wenger
Position Manager
Born October 22nd, 1949
Strasbourg, France
Previous clubs as player Mutzig, Mulhouse, Strasbourg
Joined Arsenal 28 September 1996
Clubs as manager/coach Strasbourg (youth section) Cannes (assistant) Nancy AS Monaco Grampus Eight Nagoya (Japan)
Honours (Monaco): French League championship 1988; French Cup winners 1991; French 'Manager of the Year' 1988
Honours (Grampus Eight): Japan's 'Manager of the Year' 1995, Emperor's Cup winner 1996, Japanese Super Cup winner 1996 Honours (Arsenal): League championship 1998, 2002, 2004. F.A. Cup winners 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005. Voted 'Manager of the Year' 1998, 2002, 2004.

siamcutey
06-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Interesting Read

THE TIMES ARTICLE

Wenger has last word
JONATHAN NORTHCROFT

Ashley Cole grabbed the headlines, but the Arsenal manager had the last laugh when the transfer window closed

Even before the main business was concluded on transfer deadline day, it was clear that Arsenal had come out best. It was a coup more spectacular than if West Ham had signed Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, then Lionel Messi to boot. The Gunners got rid of Pascal Cygan. Even more extraordinary, they persuaded someone — Villarreal — to give them money (£2m!) for him.
Arsenal may not always win the Premiership, but they are usually top of the acumen league, and even by the standards of Arsène Wenger and David Dein, Thursday was a shrewd old day. William Gallas plus £5m for Ashley Cole, Julio Baptista plus £3m for Jose Reyes, the £3.4m signing of the Brazilian Denilson, Cygan gone.

So much attention was focused on the controversies of Cole and Chelsea’s mutual courtship that few people examined the actual transaction. Chelsea needed a convincing left-back and got a player with claims to be Europe’s best in that position. But full-backs don’t win cups and championships, centre-backs do. Strip away the hype for England players such as John Terry and Rio Ferdinand, and there is no better central defender than Gallas in the Premiership.

Since the start of Sol Campbell’s decline two seasons ago, Wenger has yearned for the right partner for Kolo Toure. Gallas — fast, versatile, intelligent, French — is his photofit Arsenal footballer. Even if he had received the £30m that Dein initially demanded for Cole, it is not certain that Wenger could have used the money to make a more suitable signing. The capture even has the secondary effect of weakening a rival. Jose Mourinho was desperate not to lose Gallas, but because he is 29 and had a year left on his contract, Chelsea valued him at just £9m. To Arsenal he is priceless.

Baptista for Reyes, in a loan exchange with Real Madrid that is likely to become permanent, also looks nice business. Wenger has long coveted Baptista and made four bids for him in 2005 when he was still a Sevilla player, the last worth £14m. Versatility — that quality again — is the Brazilian’s key attribute. He is young, scores goals, plays defensive or attacking midfield and even second striker, and his nickname (The Beast) indicates why he was originally identified as Patrick Vieira’s successor. The £3m that Real also paid Arsenal represented the difference between their £14m purchase price of Baptista and the £17m that the Gunners spent on Reyes. But given that £6.9m of the latter was dependent on future success and appearances, and will not now have to be paid in full, the cash adjustment in Arsenal’s favour is greater.

Cole and Reyes have football ability that would make any manager loath to lose them. However, their future usefulness to Wenger was uncertain, given Reyes’s problems in adjusting to the English game and Cole’s irreparable fallout with Dein and the rest of Arsenal’s board. He wanted to leave so badly that the consequences of denying him a move might have been self-defeating.

Wenger completed his deadline day dealings by landing Denilson, a cultured 18-year-old midfielder and captain of Brazil’s under-19 team, from Sao Paolo for a fee that could rise to £3.4m. He could prove another triumph for Arsenal’s youth scouting. In the Under-17 World Cup in Peru last year, Denilson was outstanding, captaining Brazil to the final. Wenger already has his hands on the leading scorer from the side that beat Brazil there, Mexico’s Carlos Vela.

Wenger’s shrewd history in the transfer market hardly needs rehearsing. Reyes’s departure leaves as his most expensive player Thierry Henry, who, costing £10.5m from Juventus seven seasons ago, may just about have been value for money. Over the past eight transfer windows Arsenal’s spend has been £63.9m, while Chelsea have paid out £325.7m, Manchester United £117.7m and Liverpool £95.6m. It’s easy to get swept away by the thrill of the purchase. Any shopper knows it’s only when you return home and open up the bags that you see what you have actually got. Some clubs may have felt pangs of regret the moment the deadline passed on Thursday night. At the Emirates stadium they couldn’t believe their luck.

Arsenal finished the day with £6.6m in their pockets, the best defender in the Premiership in their squad, both “the Brazilian Steven Gerrard” and Brazil’s youth captain arriving, and two underperforming players and a malcontent off their books. If they ever remake The Sting, Wenger and Dein should get the Robert Redford and Paul Newman parts.

Gallas’s future is likely to be at centre-back, but he may begin by filling the berth vacated by Cole. How Baptista fares will be intriguing. Six feet tall, direct and as hard of shot as he is in the tackle, he scored 38 goals in 63 games for Sevilla and has the potential to be the dynamic midfield all-rounder who fares best in the English game. At Real, where he played wide or up front, never in his favoured position, he still got eight goals last season.

He was called The Beast because of his strength and physique even before he arrived in Spain, but there the sobriquet was embraced and Baptista became La Bestia. When assessed at the Copa America two years ago, he was so strapping, Brazil’s doctors warned him his muscle tissue was growing too quickly. “I’ve never been one of those guys that are in the gym all day to try to beef myself up. Although I must say there are not a lot of players about with such a strong and powerful physique as mine,” Baptista said.

Cheri_Popper
06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Versatility — that quality again — is the Brazilian’s key attribute. He is young, scores goals, plays defensive or attacking midfield and even second striker, and his nickname (The Beast) indicates why he was originally identified as Patrick Vieira’s successor.

He was called The Beast because of his strength and physique even before he arrived in Spain, but there the sobriquet was embraced and Baptista became La Bestia. When assessed at the Copa America two years ago, he was so strapping, Brazil’s doctors warned him his muscle tissue was growing too quickly. “I’ve never been one of those guys that are in the gym all day to try to beef myself up. Although I must say there are not a lot of players about with such a strong and powerful physique as mine,” Baptista said. [/I]

Sounds like he will be a good addition to our squad.

I thought at one stage last season, Wenger wanted to sign Robinho who later joined Real Madrid. He is tooted as the new "Pele". In fact he looks like Pele when Pele was a teenager. Dark, small built but blessed with fantastic skills.

Timax
06-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Sounds like he will be a good addition to our squad.
The way you talk hor sounds like you own the football club leh!!!:eek:

BTW i thought you told me you support chelsea how come now suddently change camp!!!! :rolleyes:

Cheri_Popper
06-09-2006, 06:00 PM
BTW i thought you told me you support chelsea how come now suddently change camp!!!! :rolleyes:

Me a Chelsea fan? No lah! I do like the team as they have really good players but that does not mean I support them as a club :rolleyes:

Been a Gunner fan for the past 26 years even when they wer not doing that well.

To be a real fan, you have to support the team even if they are going thru a bad stage. Someone like BigSexy who is a huge fan of Crystal Palace even though they were relegated and is in the Championship League. That is being a true fan.

Remember 1995 when Balackburn Rovers won the Premier league, the following season there was a lot of "fans" wearing their jersey but all these "fans" suddenly MIA. These are not real "Club" fans but are ppl liking to be associated with a Winning Club.

There was not much Chelsea fans until recently when they won the League twice recently. It is normal for ppl wanting to be associated with a winning team. Sad to say these ppl are not true fans of the Club.

_AXL_
06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Remember 1995 when Balackburn Rovers won the Premier league, the following season there was a lot of "fans" wearing their jersey but all these "fans" suddenly MIA. These are not real "Club" fans but are ppl liking to be associated with a Winning Club.

There was not much Chelsea fans until recently when they won the League twice recently. It is normal for ppl wanting to be associated with a winning team. Sad to say these ppl are not true fans of the Club.

bro cheri_popper, agree with u on that. these people r the biggest losers.

posting here although i m a lifelong liverpool fan, cos i like the way arsenal plays and the fact i have to agree that arsene wenger is a very astute manager when it comes to buying players. the best buy in my view is kolo toure and his evolution from a life-sided midfielder to a central defender whom i feel is the most difficult to beat in the whole league. i m also watching eboue very closely. i can feel the anticipation every time he gets the ball. his marauding runs r a joy to watch. i dont know how much he cost but definitely cheaper than paolo ferreira and streets ahead in terms of performance. good business, very good business indeed.

good luck to henry and co for the season.

siamcutey
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
and the fact i have to agree that arsene wenger is a very astute manager when it comes to buying players. the best buy in my view is kolo toure and his evolution from a life-sided midfielder to a central defender whom i feel is the most difficult to beat in the whole league. i m also watching eboue very closely. i can feel the anticipation every time he gets the ball. his marauding runs r a joy to watch.

Playing Eboue was because that Lauren got injured or else the chances that he get will be only in those cup games.

And the best part is Eboue is way miles ahead than Lauren. Lauren is the defensive weakness in Arsenal's armour. Always run far out and couldn't get back in time.

When Lauren is back after injury, I think he will have to start playing 2nd fiddle liao.:D

hehehe
SC

siamcutey
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Initially I was a Liverpool fan in the days of Ian Rush and Co....

But their play was 'not fantastic' and after watching a few games played by Arsenal under George Graham, another striker attracted me to Arsenal and he is none other than Ian Wright....

However, Ian Wright wasn't only my fav player then in Arsenal, still have Paul Merson. Then the backline of Nigel Winterburn, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Steve Bould plus David Seaman were rock-solid.... At many a times, Arsenal was labelled the 1-0 team:o Then on, I switched over to Gunners camp..

Graham quit, houston came as care-taker, then in came Bruce Rioch as replacement for a year before ARSENAL signed their best Signing ARSENE WENGER (even his name rhymes with Arsenal)

Though Arsene Wenger loves to "whine" and find excuses for his team when losing, at least now in EPL, there is a better whiner from Chelsea, Jose Mourinho.... :p

This year EPL, ABC (Anything But Chelsea) Whether it is Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool, Spurs or West Ham even, cannot let this Samsung team win EPL again......

hehehe
SC

_AXL_
07-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Initially I was a Liverpool fan in the days of Ian Rush and Co....

But their play was 'not fantastic' and after watching a few games played by Arsenal under George Graham, another striker attracted me to Arsenal and he is none other than Ian Wright....

However, Ian Wright wasn't only my fav player then in Arsenal, still have Paul Merson. Then the backline of Nigel Winterburn, Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Steve Bould plus David Seaman were rock-solid.... At many a times, Arsenal was labelled the 1-0 team:o Then on, I switched over to Gunners camp..

Graham quit, houston came as care-taker, then in came Bruce Rioch as replacement for a year before ARSENAL signed their best Signing ARSENE WENGER (even his name rhymes with Arsenal)

Though Arsene Wenger loves to "whine" and find excuses for his team when losing, at least now in EPL, there is a better whiner from Chelsea, Jose Mourinho.... :p

This year EPL, ABC (Anything But Chelsea) Whether it is Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool, Spurs or West Ham even, cannot let this Samsung team win EPL again......

hehehe
SC

bro siamcutey, lauren was never the speedster type of player but he was very stable and safe. but with eboue, with an additional attacking threat to spread the opposition defence thin for henry to take advantage of, the decision is a no-brainer. lauren has to take a backseat liao.

but i didnt like the arsenal under george graham as it was so boring when he packed the midfield with tacklers and hope for ian wright to do his magic, or relying on deadball situations. but tony adams' marshalling of the off-side trap is impeccable, frustrating but near perfection. have to agree wenger is a whiner, especially with alex ferguson.

hahaha, love the ABC but definitely not spurs lah. they are too soft, too lacking in character. they have a squad with a lot of talent but no leaders strong enough to impose a winning attitude on the team. for the samsung team to just lose the title this season, make them miss the champs league next season, will be enough for the roman abramovich to lose interest and leave. chelski will be left with a whole bunch of pensioners with a crippling wage bill. would love to see jose mourinho go into panic buying mode if they lose the title this season. then, we shall see the fanbase dropping again.

Cheri_Popper
07-09-2006, 10:48 AM

At one stage we had Michael Thomas who scored the injury time goal at Anfield to win the League Title in 1989. We had to go to Anfield and not only have to win but must be by 2 goals margin.

Alan Smith(not the one at MU) put us ahead 1-0 and then Michael Thomas scored the crucial gaol in the dying seconds of the match. What drama!!!

We also had David Rodcastle, Graham Rix, Paul Davis, Tony Woodcock and Paul Mariner. All England nationals then. The defense were marshalled by a young Tony Adam.

Cheri_Popper
07-09-2006, 10:50 AM
lauren was never the speedster type of player but he was very stable and safe. but with eboue, with an additional attacking threat to spread the opposition defence thin for henry to take advantage of, the decision is a no-brainer. lauren has to take a backseat liao.

Lauren was actually another midfielder converted into right back by Arsene.

One of the reasons why Cole was allow to leave was that Eboue could do the same attacking job as Cole but on the right side.

_AXL_
07-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Lauren was actually another midfielder converted into right back by Arsene.

One of the reasons why Cole was allow to leave was that Eboue could do the same attacking job as Cole but on the right side.

u guys got a good deal with william gallas to cover central defence, if need be he can cover left back as well. not to mention gallas has a good shot too. dont think ashley cole would be missed. mattieu flamini did well last season, although it would do him good to gain some composure this season. and eboue needs to learn to cross or cut back better this season to become a more potent threat this year. there u have it.

by the way, i remember that match too, with michael thomas scoring the injury time goal when liverpool inexplicably defended really high, so late in the game. heartbreak, man.;) cheers.

Cheri_Popper
07-09-2006, 11:40 AM
u guys got a good deal with william gallas to cover central defence, if need be he can cover left back as well. not to mention gallas has a good shot too. dont think ashley cole would be missed. mattieu flamini did well last season, although it would do him good to gain some composure this season. and eboue needs to learn to cross or cut back better this season to become a more potent threat this year. there u have it.

by the way, i remember that match too, with michael thomas scoring the injury time goal when liverpool inexplicably defended really high, so late in the game. heartbreak, man.;) cheers.

Gallas is a good addition to the squad. With the sale of Pascal and the departure of Sol Campbell, and the injury to Sendoros, we can short in the central defense. Gallas would be perfect there as its his natural position. He can also play left back as he did for Chelsea. However, it was Jose who played him in left back that contributed to his departure from them. We do have others like Flamini who is a right midfielder playing well in that position. Another successful convertion by Wenger? We also have Clichy as well as Hoytes. Clichy is out injured and Hoytes is inexperience. It was his tackle in the box that gave away a penalty at Man City that cost us the game.

Eboue is another potential gem unearthed and polished by Wenger. In time to come, he should be a great player. He had only break into the team recently and had been making good progress.

The only thing I dislike about Arsenal, sometimes they tends to overdo the passing in search of the perfect goal when a shot from outside the box is a better option. As a result of this, they lose possessions.

I stayed back late and watched that game in 1989. It was a really a heartbreak for Pool's fans but a real joy for Arsenal's fans. I think that it was one of the most dramatic season for the game with the title decided in the last few seconds of the season.

Liverpool signed Michael Thomas in the early 90's. What an ironic!

_AXL_
07-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Gallas is a good addition to the squad. With the sale of Pascal and the departure of Sol Campbell, and the injury to Sendoros, we can short in the central defense. Gallas would be perfect there as its his natural position. He can also play left back as he did for Chelsea. However, it was Jose who played him in left back that contributed to his departure from them. We do have others like Flamini who is a right midfielder playing well in that position. Another successful convertion by Wenger? We also have Clichy as well as Hoytes. Clichy is out injured and Hoytes is inexperience. It was his tackle in the box that gave away a penalty at Man City that cost us the game.

Eboue is another potential gem unearthed and polished by Wenger. In time to come, he should be a great player. He had only break into the team recently and had been making good progress.

The only thing I dislike about Arsenal, sometimes they tends to overdo the passing in search of the perfect goal when a shot from outside the box is a better option. As a result of this, they lose possessions.

I stayed back late and watched that game in 1989. It was a really a heartbreak for Pool's fans but a real joy for Arsenal's fans. I think that it was one of the most dramatic season for the game with the title decided in the last few seconds of the season.

Liverpool signed Michael Thomas in the early 90's. What an ironic!

no offence, but justin hoyte is not ready, gael clichy is just not good enough and too injury prone. flamini might have to make the conversion permanent. he's got pace and enough flair to succeed in this position, although not as flamboyant as his original position of defensive?, holding midfield.

overdoing the passing in the attacking third might implicitly mean that players are not confident enough to take shots when the half chances present themselves. but to be fair, the opponents arsenal took on for the past few weeks were packing their penalty box, so they had to pass around to look for an opening. a few more games and u will be able to tell whether arsene wenger has that problem. then again, the beast, julio baptista, is one who shoots on sight. would love to see him play. didnt really see much of him when he was doing so well for sevilla, i think.

the 89 game ended at 5.30am and i still couldnt sleep after that. was too distraught. the idiot graeme souness went to sign michael thomas, for whatever reasons, i dont think even he knows about.

alf_9red
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
bro will u be posting any tips?

lets all huat together

Cheri_Popper
07-09-2006, 08:12 PM
no offence, but justin hoyte is not ready, gael clichy is just not good enough and too injury prone. flamini might have to make the conversion permanent. he's got pace and enough flair to succeed in this position.

the idiot graeme souness went to sign michael thomas, for whatever reasons, i dont think even he knows about.

Justin Hoyte is too inexperience to be playing regularly in that position. Gael Clichy is a under 21 French player in that position. Unfortunately, he suffered the same injury that sidelined Ashley Cole for much of last season. He is the only natural player in that position for Arsenal. Flamini although doing well in that position, he still lack that defensive instinct like Ashley Cole.

As for the signing of Michael Thomas, maybe its bcos Souness intention was to let him rot in Pool's reserve as a punishment for scoring that decisive last min goal in '89. After signing him, I believed that he only played a handful of first team game for them. I also don't know what has became of him now.

Cheri_Popper
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Van Persie inspires as Holland bounce back
Arsenal.com's International Watch reports back to base on those who have temporarily swapped the red of Arsenal for the colours of their national sides. Read on for the latest call-ups...

Robin van Persie
Luxemburg 0-1 Holland, September 2, Holland 3-0 Belarus, September 6
Robin van Persie was the inspiration as Holland bounced back from their poor performance against Luxembourg on Saturday to beat Belarus 3-0 in Rotterdam. The Arsenal forward scored twice and then set up Dirk Kuyt for a third goal in stoppage time. Van Persie broke the deadlock after 32 minutes, hammering a shot into the net after Wesley Sneijder's corner kick was cleared to the edge of the box. A well-placed shot brought Van Persie his second 12 minutes from time and he picked out Kuyt to wrap up a comfortable win.

Thierry Henry, William Gallas
Georgia 0-3 France, September 2, France 3-1 Italy, September 6
Thierry Henry scored for the second successive game and William Gallas provided an assist as France exacted some measure of revenge on Italy when this year's World Cup finalists met again at the Stade de France. Fifty-nine days after losing out on penalties to the Azzurri in Berlin, Raymond Domenech's side eased to victory thanks to Henry's strike and a double from Sidney Govou. Govou broke the deadlock after just two minutes, volleying home Gallas' cross. Henry doubled France's lead from a narrow angle after Florent Malouda's shot had been blocked. Alberto Gilardino reduced the deficit but Govou sealed victory with a header.

Freddie Ljungberg
Latvia 0-1 Sweden, September 2, Sweden 3-1 Liechtenstein, September 6
Freddie Ljungberg missed a penalty but still captained his side to a narrow victory against Group F minnows Liechtenstein. The Arsenal midfielder fired a late spot-kick wide but it proved academic as Sweden maintained their 100 per cent record after two matches. Marcus Allbäck opened the scoring but the hosts were stunned when Mario Frick fired past Rami Shaaban before half time. Allbäck restored Sweden's advantage with 20 minutes remaining and Markus Rosenberg clinched the points with a minute left, shortly after Ljungberg's penalty miss.

Tomas Rosicky
Czech Republic 2-1 Wales, September 2, Slovakia 0-3 Czech Republic, September 6
Tomas Rosicky wore the captain's armband and played the full 90 minutes as the Czech Republic eased to a 3-0 victory over Slovakia. Libor Sionko scored two first-half goals in Bratislava and set up another for Jan Koller to send the Czechs clear of their rivals at the top of Group D. Sionko struck after 10 and 21 minutes to put the visitors in charge before Koller added a third midway through the second half. The Czech Republic face San Marino in their next Euro 2008 qualifier on October 7.

Cesc Fabregas
Spain 4-0 Liechtenstein, September 2, Northern Ireland 3-2 Spain, September 6
Cesc Fabregas came off the bench after 29 minutes but could not stop Northern Ireland completing a shock victory over Spain at Windsor Park. The Arsenal midfielder replaced David Albelda with the score at 1-1 and, after going close himself, picked out David Villa with a precise through-ball as the Valencia striker restored Spain's lead after 52 minutes. A Spain victory looked on the cards but David Healy equalised with his second goal of the night and then lobbed Iker Casillas with 10 minutes left to complete his hat-trick and condemn Fabregas and company to an unexpected defeat.

Alex Hleb
Belarus 2-2 Albania, September 2, Holland 3-0 Belarus, September 6
Alexander Hleb played a full 90 minutes as Belarus slipped to a 3-0 defeat in Holland. The Arsenal midfielder was at the hub of Belarus' most promising moves but could not find a way past the Dutch defence. Belarus have one point from their opening two Euro 2008 qualifiers after Albania held them to a draw at the weekend.

Jens Lehmann
Germany 1-0 Republic of Ireland, September 2, San Marino 0-13 Germany, September 6
Jens Lehmann played a full 90 minutes but had very little to do as Germany thrashed San Marino 13-0 - the biggest win in European Championship qualifying history. Lukas Podolski scored four times as Germany eclipsed Spain's 12-1 success against Malta in 1983, becoming only the second German to score four goals in a European Championships game after Gerd Müller's achievement against Albania in 1967. Miroslav Klose (2), Michael Ballack, Bastian Schweinsteiger (2), Thomas Hitzlsperger (2), Manuel Friedrich and Bernd Schneider were the other scorers.

Gilberto, Julio Baptista
Argentina 0-3 Brazil, September 3, Brazil 2-0 Wales, September 5
Julio Baptista and Gilberto were both in action as Brazil beat Wales in a friendly at White Hart Lane on Tuesday night. Arsenal's new signing played the first 78 minutes before he was substituted by Rafael Sobis. Gilberto, who started against Argentina on Sunday, came off the bench to replace Edmilson at half time. Baptista forced a good save from Paul Jones in the Wales goal in the first half but Brazil had to wait until the second half to break the deadlock. They took the lead after an hour when left back Junior Marcelo found the bottom corner with a 25-yard drive. Striker Vagner Love added a second on 74 minutes when he headed home from Cicinho's right-wing cross.

Mart Poom
Estonia 0-1 Israel, September 2
Mart Poom played the full 90 minutes as Estonia lost their second successive Euro 2008 qualifier, this time at home to Israel. Roberto Colautti struck in the eight minute a series of defensive errors allowed West Ham's Yossi Benayoun a path into the penalty area. His shot was parried by Poom and Colautti tapped in the only goal of the game.

Cheri_Popper
08-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Are you Arsenal's next new signing?
The transfer window may have slammed shut, but thanks to Barclays, the best contract* is still up for grabs because it could be yours!

It’s so easy for everyone to get involved — just visit the promotion website page at www.winacontract.com, and register.

If you are a Barclays Connect Card holder, you get more chances to win as every time you pay with your card you will get another entry into the draw.

www.winacontract.com will provide all the detail you require about the range of prizes on offer.

An Arsenal contract* includes:

A “Signing-on Fee” of £10,000
“Transfer unveiling” photo with a club official
Your own Arsenal squad number
A photo with the first team
A visit to the Training Ground
An official Arsenal FC signed shirt
A chance to play on the pitch
So what are you waiting for? Click on www.winacontract.com and you could win the prize of your dreams!

*This is not a playing contract. Terms & Conditions apply — see www.winacontract.com.

siamcutey
08-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Justin Hoyte is too inexperience to be playing regularly in that position. Gael Clichy is a under 21 French player in that position. Unfortunately, he suffered the same injury that sidelined Ashley Cole for much of last season. He is the only natural player in that position for Arsenal. Flamini although doing well in that position, he still lack that defensive instinct like Ashley Cole.

Seriously, I think Flamini is better than Cole and Clichy. Clichy really quite injury prone. Esp when he is needed last season:o

Justin Hoyte just lacks muscle to play Centreback. Compare him with other centrebacks, Cannavaro, Terry, Toure, Campbell, Puyol, Rio, Senderos, Hyypia, he is lacking in terms of size, how to outmuscle big strikers?

SC

Cheri_Popper
08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Seriously, I think Flamini is better than Cole and Clichy. Clichy really quite injury prone. Esp when he is needed last season
Justin Hoyte just lacks muscle to play Centreback. Compare him with other centrebacks, Cannavaro, Terry, Toure, Campbell, Puyol, Rio, Senderos, Hyypia, he is lacking in terms of size, how to outmuscle big strikers?

SC

Flamini is actually right footed. He has done extremely well while [lsying in a left back position last season. Traditionally a right footer is not suitable for the left back position as usually one who does play there is usually a left footer.

Clichy suffered the same injury as Cole just when he was given a run in the first team. He is unlucky as he is quite a good player who lack first time experience. Given 1 or 2 season, I am sure that he can be or if not better than Cole. Before Cole we had a Brazilian Sivilho playing in that position. He is a good player, when he left for a Spainish club, I think Celta De Vigo, fans got worried about the replacement. But Cole stepped in and make that position his as well as England's left back. Arsenal traditionally had good defenders in the left back position. Remember Kenny Samson? After Kenny we had Nigel Winterburn. At one stage, Arsenal supplied all 4 defenders to England's natinal team during George Graham's era. Right back Lee Dixon, Centre Halves Tony Adam, Steve Bould, Keown and left back in Nigel Winterburn.

I though Justin was a left back and not a centre back? :confused: He lack experience. He is a rookie in EPL.

I doubt Wenger would play Gallas in left back if given a choice as it was dispute over playing out of position that instigated his move away from Chelsea and of cos the issue that he was not given a pay raise after the rest of their team were given one by their Russian owner. :D

I thinks that Gallas look a bit like William Hung and they even share the same Christian name. lolx!

siamcutey
08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
At one stage, Arsenal supplied all 4 defenders to England's natinal team during George Graham's era. Right back Lee Dixon, Centre Halves Tony Adam, Steve Bould, Keown and left back in Nigel Winterburn.

I though Justin was a left back and not a centre back? He lack experience. He is a rookie in EPL.

Should be supplied the whole defence including David Seaman. :D

Justin Hoyte some say he play right back better, some say he play left back, while some say he play centreback.
Anyway, from his size, very hard for him to develop into a good centreback. fullback maybe.

That lan sai Ashley Cole said last year was good when he went to CL final and this year hopefully he can win CL. I almost laugh.

He was back only for final game. And the 10 games without conceding a goal was made without him:rolleyes:

SC

Cheri_Popper
09-09-2006, 08:36 AM
That lan sai Ashley Cole said last year was good when he went to CL final and this year hopefully he can win CL. I almost laugh.

He was back only for final game. And the 10 games without conceding a goal was made without him:rolleyes:

SC

Cole is nothing but a $ grapper! He has no sense of loyalty.Although he is a very good player, if he is forced to stay, it will affect the moral of the other players. Good riddance. I hope he fail badly in Chelsea.

Our unbeaten run in the CL last season without conceding a goal is another record of ours!

We are also the only team to finished an EPL season without a defeat. In fact it stretched to 49 games. :D

Galactica
09-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Supported the Gunners since 1998.

hard
09-09-2006, 03:35 PM
i will be a Gunners supporter start from tonight 10pm......hope they will win the match

Cheri_Popper
09-09-2006, 06:49 PM
i will be a Gunners supporter start from tonight 10pm......hope they will win the match

Sound as if you "whack" big big on Arsenal beating Middlesborough! :D

GOOD LUCK!

Kyser Soze
09-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Let's hope new recruits William Gallas and Julio Baptista will give the Gunners the extra edge tonite against Mee Rebus (aka Middlesborough). Oh yes, I'm an Arsenal fan.:D

Cheri_Popper
10-09-2006, 12:04 AM
1-1. I don't what happened to Arsenal this season. Maybe they are not use to Emirates Stadium or the team needs more time to gel. We should have beaten Aston Villa and Boro but we failed. We had many chances but that Boro Keeper Mark had a very good game.

siamcutey
10-09-2006, 10:56 AM
1-1. I don't what happened to Arsenal this season. Maybe they are not use to Emirates Stadium or the team needs more time to gel. We should have beaten Aston Villa and Boro but we failed. We had many chances but that Boro Keeper Mark had a very good game.

Must be the players Pah chiu cheng too much. Weak legs weak hands.:o

hard
10-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Sound as if you "whack" big big on Arsenal beating Middlesborough! :D

GOOD LUCK!
hi bro,i only bet on HT ....TAO GOU YI JIE
the way arsenal play,it is very hard for them to get a goal!!
they made their opp to defend in numbers,very few shoot on goal, not enough runs from the players

in the end,i can see lots of saliva on the floor in front of my tv:D

Cheri_Popper
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Must be the players Pah chiu cheng too much. Weak legs weak hands.:o

Same old problem, failing to win a game after dominating most of the game. Too many passes in the 3rd quarter and not enough shots from outside the box. :(

spidermel
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
yeah bro i agree arsenal problem very likely they cant adapt to the new stadium coz Highbury used to have a smaller size pitch... from the game they play not like last time when they can play very paceful game, the game they play now much more slowly liao...:)

weert
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I hope this is just a slow start to the season... for the past few matches, v.frustrating to watch them. It will be quite demoralising if they become another "Newcastle"... full of promise but don't deliver... :D

siamcutey
10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
I seriously wonder why Arsene Wenger wants to put Johan Djourou as Centreback instead of putting in Flamini on the left so that Gallas can go to the Centre.

Flamini-- Gallas -- Toure -- Eboue

Johan Djourou should be dropped to bench cos Gallas is better playing Centreback and Flamini is good playing leftback. While this Johan is better off switching to a fullback instead of playing centreback.

And please don't let this Johan turn into the next Cygan when it seems it is going to turn out this way.

If everytime wants to concede 1 goal first then equalise back, then this season is finish loh.:(

weert
10-09-2006, 10:05 PM
My theory is Flamini was originally brought in as defensive minded M C (midfielder centre) or DM C in Football Manager terms. When he was asked to fill in as leftback or D L, it was during dire circumstances when the squad was so short that amongst those fit to play, he was the most capable one around who could do the job.

It is like some strikers who have started out their careers as centrebacks due to the similarities required for playing those positions, being big, strong on the ball, can read the game, etc.

Fast forward to the present, there is Gallas who has often willingly and capably played as leftback. Although he is fussy about where he was going to play when he left Chelsea, the fact is he has played day in day out over the back four positions over his career. Why he chose to bring up his future playing position to spite Mourinho is another matter for discussion and speculation.

In short, I think Flamini doesn't see himself as a leftback or want to play in that position long-term. Djorou being another youngster in Arsene Wenger's plans is being given a chance to prove himself. Phillipe Senderos has proven to be quite capable last season, now that he is injured, what better time than now to slot him in the first team squad.

Wah suddenly after writing this post I think can go and apply for the ESPN presenter job... you know, the show before the match starts, with Jamie Reeves, etc... HAHA :D

siamcutey
10-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I seriously think Gallas is better playing centre than left. While Djorou is too inexperienced and does not have the muscle to outmuscle bigger strikers. Flamini is good for the leftback spot which he filled in well, and I think he plays better than Cole in Leftback. Defensively he is better but Cole is more attack-minded.

But lets not forget the emergence of Cole was because of Henry and Pires (then) drifting on the left.:p

siamcutey
11-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Updated: Sep. 11, 2006 from soccernet
'Invisible man' Cole jealous of Henry treatment

England full-back Ashley Cole has revealed how Arsenal's favourable treatment of Thierry Henry was one of the reasons why he wanted to leave the club for Premiership champions Chelsea.

Henry, Arsenal's captain and talisman, eventually agreed to stay at the club but Cole felt like the 'invisible man' as he had not been treated in the same way by Gunners officials or fans.

The 25-year-old left-back also revealed how he `haggled' over £5,000 after Arsenal had dropped from their original weekly salary offer, and had his loyalty questioned by the club's backroom staff.

However, in an extract from his book serialised in The Times, the difference in how he was treated compared to Henry appeared to be one of the main reasons for him to seek a transfer.

He said: 'The club made Thierry feel wanted and special, wooing him, wining and dining him, speaking in public about how much they want him to stay, going on a deliberate charm offensive.

'But me? I didn't have one dinner, one meeting or one phone call from anyone. That's not sour grapes, it's just a sad truth. The truth is that the Gunners had done nothing all season to hold on to me.'

He added: My worst fears were confirmed when, as Thierry and I sat in the centre circle after the final whistle, his name was sung from the rooftops while my contribution was recognised by a deafening silence.

'As his chants faded away we waited for mine. And we waited. And there was nothing. `They're not bothered about me', I said, resigned to the fact. It was like I was the invisible man.'

Cole was offered a new £60,000-a-week deal in 2004 but when negotiations opened, the figure had dropped by £5,000, with the defender adding: 'At a board meeting held two days before our 1-0 away defeat at Bolton in January, it was decided the maximum offer should be £55,000 a week.

'I don't believe the board gave a damn about keeping me. It preferred to haggle over a difference of £5,000.'

Cole's relationship with the club deteriorated to the point of fitness coach Tony Colbert questioned whether he was telling the truth about a thigh injury.

He added: 'That's when he said it, `what do you expect me to do, Ash, when you tell me you're okay and then come in here like you've just been shot? Be honest with me, are you just making out that it's worse than it actually is because you've got an eye on the World Cup?'

'That was it. I blew my lid. `What!' I shouted, barely able to keep a lid on it, `I need to play for Arsenal to go to the World Cup, so why would I hold back? The more I hold back, the less chance I've got of going to Germany! And you are insulting me'.'

'For me it was one more person at the club doubting my loyalty. And it was the final straw.'
================================================== ======

Ashley Cole first tap up with Chelsea behind everybody's back and expected to be treated like King Of Highbury? NO CHANCE..!!!!

Hope he go to Chelsea and be King of Stamford Bridge hor, But I think he has to line up behind Ballack, Lampard, Terry, Shevchenko, Drogba, Cech, or even behind Essien and Robben
:p
hahaha
SC

Hakoshu
11-09-2006, 06:40 PM
The club had to let cole go cos his loyalty wasn't there anymore..

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3145/newcoleoh4.jpg
Hope this cheer u guys up..
Asshole cole

Cheri_Popper
11-09-2006, 09:24 PM
He said: 'The club made Thierry feel wanted and special, wooing him, wining and dining him, speaking in public about how much they want him to stay, going on a deliberate charm offensive.

KNN! Who the F does he thinks he is?! Thierry Henry is the Club's all time leading scorer who is Cole anyway. Good Riddance.

Cheri_Popper
11-09-2006, 09:26 PM
The club had to let cole go cos his loyalty wasn't there anymore..
Hope this cheer u guys up..
Asshole cole

It should be Moneygrabber Cole!

Cheri_Popper
13-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Arsenal - Report
Henry ruled out of Group G opener in Hamburg
Arsenal captain Thierry Henry will not play in the Group G opener against Hamburg on Wednesday night.

The France striker sustained a minor foot injury during last week's Euro 2008 qualifier against Italy and will be out for "two or three days" according to Arsène Wenger.

"Thierry Henry is not playing," confirmed the Arsenal manager. "He has a foot injury, he doesn't know how he got it but he got it during the game against Italy. We gave him an injection on Saturday and he will only be out for a short time, two or three days. But we have a big squad and in the short term we can cope without him."

Wenger has named an 18-man squad for Wednesday's Champions League game. Theo Walcott returns after being rested for Saturday's 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough while Jens Lehmann is available having served a two-match suspension in European competition.

Arsenal's squad:

Jens Lehmann
Manuel Almunia
William Gallas
Kolo Toure
Johan Djourou
Emmanuel Eboue
Justin Hoyte
Cesc Fabregas
Alex Song
Freddie Ljungberg
Gilberto
Mathieu Flamini
Alexander Hleb
Julio Baptista
Theo Walcott
Tomas Rosicky
Robin van Persie
Emmanuel Adebayor

Cheri_Popper
13-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Wenger - We are better equipped for Europe

Thirteen minutes. Thirteen paltry, pesky minutes. That is how far Arsenal were from lifting the Champions League trophy last season.

In the Premiership they were enduring the most difficult campaign since Arsène Wenger joined the Club in September 1996. But, in Europe, 2006 was a blast. In the group, Arsenal got 16 out of 18 points, in the knockout stages they beat Real Madrid, Juventus and an emerging Villarreal side. Then, with one man short, they led you know who for you know how long at the Stade de France.

On Wednesday, Arsenal start the Group Stage once more with a trip to Hamburg. Ahead of the game, Wenger reflected on effects of last season’s run to the Final.

“I did not really expect any credit at all,” he said, “but what I do think is that we’ve gained a lot more respect.

“When we went to Zagreb in the qualifying phase, I felt they were a little wary of us. This year we just want to show that getting to the Final was not accidental, that we can come back and win it. There was such a small difference between winning it and losing it. We know that becuase we went really close.”

Wenger also believes his side is better equipped, despite two high-profile departures recently.

“Overall the squad is stronger,” the manager declared. “Our young players have more experience and they can add something in the big games.

"Last year I feel we suffered at the back a little bit in terms of experience. [For example] Ashley Cole did not play in many games because unfortunately he was injured a lot. But now Kolo Toure and William Gallas have a fair experience, with Jens Lehmann it is three out of five who have that sort of experience. It should change our stability at the back.

“I do think Reyes will be a loss up front though. We played with a winger system at times and he is a typical winger. When you go to places like Madrid, you like to have him on the flanks so, on that front, he is a loss.

“However, we have players now we have brought in like William Gallas and Julio Baptista who can really add something in the big games.”

Cheri_Popper
13-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Arsenal set to wear unique shirt in Hamburg

Arsenal will have a different name on their shirts on Wednesday night.

Hamburg have the same sponsor as Arsène Wenger’s side — Emirates — and regulations insist one side must change. As the away side the visitors will alter their kit, Hamburg will do likewise when they visit London later in the group.

Kit manager Vic Akers has printed up special yellow shirts with “Dubai” in black writing on the front.

It is thought to be the first time this issue has arisen.

Cheri_Popper
13-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Lehmann looks to extend individual record
Jens Lehmann will be looking to extend his personal Champions League record if he lines up against Hamburg on Wednesday night.

The Arsenal goalkeeper has not conceded a goal in the competition since the first knockout round of the 2004/05 campaign when Hasan Salihamidzic netted in a 3-1 win for Bayern Munich at the Olympic Stadium.

Since then Lehmann's goal has not been breached for 763 minutes, or 12 hours and 43 minutes. The Germany No 1 passed Edwin van der Sar's mark of 658 minutes during the second leg of last season's Semi Final against Villarreal.

Lehmann saved a penalty from Juan Roman Riquelme to preserve his individual record late in that match and book Arsenal's place in last season's Final. The Arsenal keeper was sent off after 18 minutes against Barcelona when he brought down striker Samuel Eto'o.

Manuel Almunia replaced Lehmann in Paris and conceded twice in the final 13 minutes. The Spaniard also played in both legs of this season's qualifier against Dinamo Zagreb as Lehmann served a two-match suspension.

Lehmann also holds the record for consecutive Champions League clean sheets. His shutout at Villarreal was his eighth in succession, eclipsing Milan keeper Dida's mark of seven clean sheets.

Thierry Henry needs one more goal to reach a half-century of career goals in European competition

Cheri_Popper
13-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Wenger - How I'll manage Theo’s development

Arsène Wenger has revealed how he intends to ease Theo Walcott into the rigours of regular first-team football.

The 17-year-old has already made his mark for club and country this season. He came off the bench to set up goals for Arsenal against Aston Villa and Dinamo Zagreb and struck twice in his first two appearances for England Under-21s.

Walcott's pace and verve has caught the eye but he was taken out of the limelight at the weekend when Wenger rested him for Arsenal's 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough. The manager explained the thinking behind his decision.

"For me it is important this boy gets to 19 without any big injury. I feel a great responsibility for that," said Wenger. "I can understand people want to see him, but we have to manage him well, that you do not overplay him.

"Even [Wayne] Rooney at 17 was still a boy, but at 18 he was a man, and you have to respect that development. When he turned 18, he became more of a regular."

"Theo is only 17, but he has made a big step forwards since the beginning of the season. For him, because he is so young, every day he is better.

"He goes up naturally and even if you do nothing with him, at 19 he will be better than at 17. He will become stronger, more determined and confident."

Cheri_Popper
18-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Wenger: 'Fabregas was absolutely outstanding'

on the victory
"A loss could have been decisive but this win reinforces the belief that we are a very strong side. I would never have thought that our challenge would have been over if we had lost but psychologically it might have been difficult for the players."

on his team's belief
"I can keep telling the players they are great but if the words are not backed up by points, it is bound to have a subconscious effect on the players. I believe they have been very quick to draw their conclusions but equally, I am not stupid enough to think nothing can happen to us. I have seen very good teams suddenly look average when doubt creeps in. Given those circumstances, and the authority with which we played, this has to be my best win over United at Old Trafford and one that sends out the right signals to everyone."

on Arsenal being in transition
"We are not a team in transition. I have never believed that. Yes we are a young team but I have great belief in these players. We are a big club. We are very ambitious and I believe we can win the title this season. To read the papers recently you would think we would be in the Championship next season."

on the penalty
"He said he slid because there was a hole [on the pitch]. Everybody came in at half time and wanted to fight for him and win the game. He takes the penalties well. But the keeper had certainly seen the last penalty of Gilberto, that is why he went to the right."

on Cesc Fabregas
"He was absolutely outstanding. He does not stop from the first to the last minute. His passing is fantastic. He defends, he attacks and in the last five minutes he was still in the box, every time. He was amazing."

on Arsenal's mentality
"Every player did well and I am pleased with the mental strength. But the fact that we were 1-0 [up] nearly and then missed a penalty, basically that is [like being] 1-0 down, so the way we came out in the second half to win the game tells you a lot about the spirit and mental strength of the team."

on explaining his team's slow start
"We were really disturbed after the World Cup. We had lots of players at the World Cup, lots of young ones too. It took them some time to recover. I never really saw the players until this week because of the international schedule. I told the players to be faithful to the way we play. I said it is because we do not win that are being criticised for the way we play. We just want to be better at what we want to do."

Cheri_Popper
18-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Adebayor - It was my most important goal

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8051/manutd17092006800ag1.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=manutd17092006800ag1.jpg)

Cheri_Popper
18-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Adebayor might not remain a lone Gunner
It may have worked at Old Trafford on Sunday and in the Champions League last season but Arsène Wenger is not sure whether he will persist with a 4-5-1 formation away from home this season.

A couple of years ago, the Arsenal manager was an unwavering devotee of 4-4-2. In recent years he has changed. He played a lone front man in the 2005 FA Cup Final and for the majority of the Champions League away games last season.

His decision to use Emmanuel Adebayor on his own up front at Manchester United was influenced by the loss of Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie to injury. But it worked wonderfully. The tireless Togolese striker even struck the winner four minutes from time. However, despite the success, Wenger will only use that system where necessary.

“I don’t know if I’ll use it in all away games,” he said. “I did it today because I thought it would suit the players I started.

“I did not have Van Persie or Thierry Henry but normally we have a lot of strikers. I have to find the model that is best adapted to the players.

“We know Adebayor has the ability to play up front but Thierry is a world-class player and we need him. This is a team sport and we never can forget that.

“However Adebayor brought what we needed today. He went in behind always and kept the ball so that the others could join in. The system also allowed us to control the middle of the park with Tomas Rosicky, Cesc Fabregas and Gilberto.”

Cheri_Popper
18-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Wenger - Old Trafford win could have long-term benefit

Manchester Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Barclays Premiership
Old Trafford
Sun, Sep 17, 2006, 4pm

Those three well-deserved points may have lifted Arsenal from the fringe of the relegation places to the top half of the table but the victory at Old Trafford on Sunday could have a deeper benefit for Arsène Wenger’s young side.

Two draws and one defeat in their previous three Premiership games had left the Frenchman used to justifying his tactics and backing his young side to come right. But he did not have to do that at Manchester United. For the first time this season in domestic football the result spoke for itself. It substantiated everything he had said to a sometimes cynical media but, more importantly, allayed any fears in the minds of his squad.

“People come quickly to conclusions and I know that I had to take the right distance,” said Wenger. “We had played three games. We had one bad one and so we were down there.

“I am not stupid enough to think that nothing can happen to us. There are teams who are very good but when a doubt creeps in they suddenly become average. I am happy today not only for the victory but because it gives the team the belief to come up and play the game we want to play.

“You can tell the players they are great but if it is not confirmed by the points somewhere subconsciously it has an influence and you are not as convincing. If it is confirmed by the result [it’s different].

“I don’t know if it is coincidence but, in the first three games, we did not get what we deserved or what we could have got. Since Middlesbrough we have gone to Hamburg and won there in the Champions League. Now we have gone to Manchester United and won there. If you don’t have special quality you don’t do that.”

siamcutey
19-09-2006, 12:08 AM
It was nice for all Gunners Fans to savour this victory over Arch-rival Man Utd in this match especially it was done in Old Trafford.

Start of the season was bad for Gunners, while The Devils were fabulous.
Gunners not getting points against mid table teams while Devils getting all 3 points against lower end teams.

Papers, media all started to write off Gunners, even in this forum. Every Devil fan thinks their team will win, even non-devil fans has already given up on Arsenal. Some even said its expected, Man Utd to have a resounding victory over Arsenal.

I remembered then Arsenal on 49 match unbeaten streak and everyone said Arsenal will go 50 and more when eventually it lost to Man Utd. This time I have a gut feeling it will be Arsenal's turn, cos Arsenal simply lost too many times to Devils. The 2-0 which break the 49match streak and also the 6-1 thumping years back.

I wonder how it could be when the match hasn't even be played n almost everyone were saying Man Utd sure win. And if match is going to be decided on paper, is there a need to still play the match? So I put my mouth in pocket, letting my friends "have a go" laughing at my beloved Arsenal. I chose to loon till now.

I am waiting for this moment for 'he who laughs last will laugh best'. And I am indeed laughing now. From yesterday till today, and I am sure I will continue doing that till Arsenal's next matchday.

Even though it is a short 1-nil victory to Gunners, It sure tasted damn sweet. Others may say Gunners wouldn't win EPL. Who cares? when the league is still 33 games away. We shall wait at the end of the finishing line.

And Man Utd not a sure bet on Title. If anyone watched last nite's game, Chelsea is good if not better. Liverpool (I am sorry to say), is pathetic. They do not deserve to even draw the game. Even if liverpool had 12 (extra Crouch on pitch) vs 10 (with Ballack off), Liverpool still would not draw because they simply don't play as a team.

If pennant was good, Arsenal wouldn't let him go, because pennant is not the future to take over Ljungberg.

Gerrard was playing Left while Zenden on the bench... I really can't make this out. Seriously the way Liverpool plays, its catered to Crouch's style and they should really put Crouch with Kuyt. Too much chopping of the squad is no gd.

And history always suggests that teams who reserves certain players for next match, normally their next match they wouldn't win. Take 1 match at a time, savour the victory and go for the next. If u can't win 1 (vs PSV), want to win (Chelsea)?

Man Utd wasn't lousy, just that they can't win and the 1 goal is harsh on them.

But i do see Chelsea being real title challengers the way they are playing now.
Liverpool? Unless they improve by leaps and bounds.

SC

imom
20-09-2006, 12:11 PM
...Every Devil fan thinks their team will win, even non-devil fans has already given up on Arsenal. Some even said its expected, Man Utd to have a resounding victory over Arsenal.

...I chose to loon till now....

Um, sorry - but when this devil saw that Fergie had put O'Shea + Fletcher in central midfield and Scholes on the LEFT wing, I already had a funny feeling that it would go all wrong for MU....

Gunners just about deserved victory and MU would have been lucky to scrape a draw. 1-0 was the right result.

As for the title, I think the Gunners have a shot at it in 2-3 years time, if they can keep Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott and their team of very talented youngsters together. By that time, they'd be very match-mature and Arsenal will be a formidable team. Too bad about Cole and Reyes though.

Anyhow, we'll see. Ball is round afterall and there may be surprises at the end of the season yet ;)

p.s. Sorry to have had to make you 'loon' until now...

siamcutey
20-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Um, sorry - but when this devil saw that Fergie had put O'Shea + Fletcher in central midfield and Scholes on the LEFT wing, I already had a funny feeling that it would go all wrong for MU....

Gunners just about deserved victory and MU would have been lucky to scrape a draw. 1-0 was the right result.

As for the title, I think the Gunners have a shot at it in 2-3 years time, if they can keep Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott and their team of very talented youngsters together. By that time, they'd be very match-mature and Arsenal will be a formidable team. Too bad about Cole and Reyes though.

Anyhow, we'll see. Ball is round afterall and there may be surprises at the end of the season yet ;)

p.s. Sorry to have had to make you 'loon' until now...

The ball is round. There is no such thing as sure lose. Even Singapore can draw against China. It goes to show the ball is round. On paper, Singapore also sure lose to China.

Man Utd have enough strikers in Rooney, Saha, Ole, Smith. They do not need another superstar in the striking ranks. Even Giggs can be part of strike force too.

Man Utd just need to make sure their midfield has 1 or 2 replacements, as we can see with Park out and Giggs out, in the event that Ronaldo is out injured, we will get to see more of Oshea and Fletcher connection.;)

SC

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Ludlow - We can go all the way in Europe

They have reached the Semi Finals twice and the Quarter Finals twice - now Jayne Ludlow believes Arsenal Ladies are equipped to go all the way in the UEFA Women's Cup.

Vic Akers' side advanced to the knockout stages for the fifth time after three wins out of three in Russia last week. Sunday's victory over Danish side Brøndby saw Arsenal avenge last year's defeat at the same stage and secure top spot in their qualifying group, ensuring a favourable last-eight draw.

The English 'double' winners were paired with Frankfurt last season after finishing second in their group and would have faced another highly-rated German side - Potsdam - if Brøndby had prevailed at the weekend. Instead, Ludlow anticipates a simpler task against Icelandic champions Breidablik.

"We have definitely got an easier draw this time which shows how important it was to finish top of our group," she told Arsenal.com.

"We are very pleased We got three wins and you can't ask for any more than that. We had some good performances and obviously to lay to rest the ghost of Brøndby - who beat us last year - was great. We had a few injuries when we met them before and ended up facing Frankfurt in the Quarter Finals.

"Now we have Breidablik. I don't know much about them but [Arsenal striker] Julie Fleeting played for a team in Iceland during the summer so hopefully we can get some information from her. They are not going to be as strong as Frankfurt though.

"I think all the girls are confident that we can make up for last year. We were disappointed with our performance in the away leg against Frankfurt but this time I think we are definitely equipped to go all the way.

Last season's 'double' triumph cemented Arsenal's reputation as the dominant force in the English women's game. A tally of 23 goals in their opening three games this term has extended the Ladies' unbeaten league run to 51 games and they are firm favourites to claim a sixth title in seven seasons.

Europe is a different matter. Fortuna Hjorring (2003), Djurgarden/Alvsjo (2005) and Frankfurt (2006) have thwarted Arsenal in their last three continental campaigns but Akers has strength in depth at his disposal after drafting in Rachel Yankey, Karen Carney and Katie Chapman during the summer.

"We have a good team and we also have a good squad so there are plenty of options on the bench if we do suffer injuries, as we did last season," agreed Ludlow, who has been deputising for injured captain Faye White.

"If you were picking a favourite for the UEFA Cup you'd have to choose one of the German teams - Frankfurt or Potsdam. There is not much to choose between them when they meet but we will hopefully make up for last year's defeat against Frankfurt if we can get to the Final.

"We also have more scope to focus on Europe because the league results have gone our way so far, we've been winning and Everton and Charlton have dropped some points. We can't afford to be complacent in the league but the players are really looking forward to the UEFA Cup this season, we think this could be our year."

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Arsène Wenger - Our win could have long-term benefit

Those three well-deserved points may have lifted Arsenal from the fringe of the relegation places to the top half of the table but the victory at Old Trafford on Sunday could have a deeper benefit for Arsène Wenger’s young side.

Two draws and one defeat in their previous three Premiership games had left the Frenchman used to justifying his tactics and backing his young side to come right. But he did not have to do that at Manchester United. For the first time this season in domestic football the result spoke for itself. It substantiated everything he had said to a sometimes cynical media but, more importantly, allayed any fears in the minds of his squad.

“People come quickly to conclusions and I know that I had to take the right distance,” said Wenger. “We had played three games. We had one bad one and so we were down there.

“I am not stupid enough to think that nothing can happen to us. There are teams who are very good but when a doubt creeps in they suddenly become average. I am happy today not only for the victory but because it gives the team the belief to come up and play the game we want to play.

“You can tell the players they are great but if it is not confirmed by the points somewhere subconsciously it has an influence and you are not as convincing. If it is confirmed by the result [it’s different].

“I don’t know if it is coincidence but, in the first three games, we did not get what we deserved or what we could have got. Since Middlesbrough we have gone to Hamburg and won there in the Champions League. Now we have gone to Manchester United and won there. If you don’t have special quality you don’t do that.”

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Arsenal to discover Carling Cup opponents

Arsenal's first opponents in this season's Carling Cup will be revealed when the draw for the Third Round takes place on Saturday.

Arsène Wenger's side will enter the competition alongside the other Premiership sides involved in the Champions League or UEFA Cup this season.

Saturday's draw will be shown live on Sky Sports during the Soccer Saturday programme at lunchtime.

Arsenal.com will have all the latest news from the Carling Cup draw.

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Sanderson 'thrilled' by her England call-up

Lianne Sanderson has been drafted into the England squad for their vital World Cup qualifier against France on September 30.

The Arsenal Ladies striker was called up by national team coach Hope Powell after former Gunner Jo Potter was ruled out with an ankle ligament injury.

Sanderson made her England debut as a substitute in a 2-0 victory over Hungary in May and has started the new season in style, scoring a spectacular winning goal against Brondby as Arsenal clinched top spot in their UEFA Cup qualifying group last week.

"I got the call [on Tuesday] afternoon and it was unbelievable, I couldn't be any more thrilled," she told the FA's website.

"To be involved in the build-up to such a big game is the highlight of my career and is also reward for the coaching staff at Arsenal who have developed my game since I was a kid."

Sanderson's call-up brings the total number of Arsenal Ladies in the England squad to eight. Katie Chapman, Mary Phillip, Anita Asante, Alex Scott, Kelly Smith, Karen Carney and Rachel Yankey will all make the trip to Rennes, but captain Faye White is recovering from knee surgery.

England need one point from their final qualifier against France to book a place at next year's Women's World Cup in China. Powell's team have conceded just one goal in their seven previous qualifiers but lost 2-0 on aggregate when they played France in a World Cup play-off in 2003.

England Squad
Rachel Brown (Everton), Siobhan Chamberlain (Bristol Academy), Katie Chapman (Arsenal), Lindsay Johnson (Everton), Mary Phillip (Arsenal), Casey Stoney (Charlton Athletic), Rachel Unitt (Everton), Anita Asante (Arsenal), Jill Scott (Everton), Vicky Exley (Doncaster Rovers), Fara Williams (Everton), Alex Scott (Arsenal), Lianne Sanderson (Arsenal), Kelly Smith (Arsenal), Amanda Barr (Blackburn Rovers), Karen Carney (Arsenal), Jody Handley (Everton), Eniola Aluko (Charlton Athletic), Sue Smith (Leeds United), Rachel Yankey (Arsenal).

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Wenger - We've been without title for too long

Arsène Wenger believes Arsenal have been without the Premiership title for too long.

The Club were last proclaimed champions in 2004 but, since then, Chelsea have twice finished top.

Arsenal started the season slowly but they trumpeted their title credentials on Sunday with a 1-0 win at Manchester United on Sunday. Speaking before the match, Arsène Wenger suggested his side would be serious contenders this term.

"It is a challenge because we have just moved into the new stadium,” he said. “But we have not won the championship for two years and I find it quite long.

"We are a very young side and we are very good as well. We have dominated games but we want to add that ruthlessness which makes a big team.

“Before we suffered in some games but we could turn them in our favour. At the moment we look like we are dominating every team, but we really want to finish teams off."

The manager is approaching the 10th anniversary of his appointment. He was asked what ambitions he had left.

“My next goal is to win the championship and the Champions League in the same year,” he replied.

“And if possible in 2007,” he added with smile.

Cheri_Popper
20-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Arsenal Holdings plc - Results for year ended 31 May 2006

Financial performance

Group retained profits £7.9 million (2005 — £8.3 million).
Group operating profits before player trading and exceptional items were £11.3 million (2005 - £32.6 million), largely as a consequence of there being significantly less sales activity in our property development business, however, this was compensated at the level of pre-tax profits by gains on the sale of player registrations of £19.2 million (2005 - £2.9 million).
Arsenal’s football business increased turnover to £132.1 million (2005 - £115.1 million), mainly as a result of reaching the Champions League final, and made a contribution to pre-tax profit of £16.8 million (2005 — £8.9 million).
Overall net debt has increased to £262.1 million (2005 - £153.3 million) due to the further significant investment in the Group’s Emirates Stadium project.
Emirates Stadium project

Emirates Stadium opened on schedule for start of 2006/07 football season.
All of the executive boxes, Club Tier seats and general admissions season tickets available have been sold.
Since the year end the Group has successfully completed a £260 million bond issue the proceeds of which have been used to refinance the Group’s stadium financing bank debt. The refinance extends the term of the Group’s stadium financing debt to 25 years and reduces the weighted average rate of interest to 6.0%.
“The Stadium - Highbury Square”

The Group has started the construction works required for the re-development of Highbury into 711 residential units and has arranged a £125 million bank facility to fund these re-development works.
Excellent progress has been made with the pre-sale of units at “The Stadium - Highbury Square” and less than 70 units remain unsold of those units released for sale.
Commenting on the results for the year, Peter Hill-Wood, non-executive chairman, said:

“2005/06 has been a very busy and historic year for the Arsenal Group.

On the field, Arsenal reached the final of the UEFA Champions League and has again qualified for the group phase of the 2006/07 Champions League.

The 2005/06 season was, memorably, the Club’s last at Highbury. Emirates Stadium has been completed on schedule and will now provide the Group with substantially increased match day revenues; it is clear that all our hard work over the last few years has paid off to provide a simply magnificent playing arena for the team and unrivalled facilities for our supporters. As well as completing the new stadium we have also refinanced the related debt. The refinancing is strongly beneficial as it secures the Group’s financing arrangement for the long term and, by extending the repayment term and reducing the annual debt service costs, frees up significantly more of the Group’s future cash-flow for investment in the development of the team.

With the opening of Emirates Stadium, Arsenal is starting a new chapter in its history and we look forward to it being as memorable and successful as the 93 years the Club spent at Highbury.”

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Bro SC

Do you remember our team in 1980?

http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc381/th_40818_arsenal1980_122_381lo.jpg

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:21 PM
CLUB RECORDS

APPEARANCE AND ATTENDANCES

Most overall
722 David O'Leary (Debut Burnley (a) 16 Aug 1975)

Most league
558 David O'Leary (Debut Burnley (a) 16 Aug 1975)

Most Premiership
333 Ray Parlour (325 David Seaman)

Most European
78 Thierry Henry (69 David Seaman, 68 Patrick Vieira)

Most Champions League
70 Thierry Henry (63 Robert Pires, 60 Freddie Ljungberg, 57 Patrick Vieira, 53 Lauren)

Most consecutive
172 Tom Parker (3 April 1926 - 26 December 1929)

YOUNGEST

Overall
Francesc Fabregas (16 years 177 days, Lge Cup Rotherham Utd (h) 28 Oct 2003)

Previously
Jermaine Pennant (16 years 319 days, Lge Cup Middlesbrough (a) 30 Nov 1999)

In League
Gerry Ward (16 years 321 days, Huddersfield T (h) 22 Aug 1953)

In Premiership
Cesc Fabregas (17 years 103 days, Everton (a) 15 Aug 2004)

In Europe
Cesc Fabregas (17 years 169 days v Panathinaikos (a) Champions League 20 Oct 2004 drew 2-2)

In FA Cup
Stewart Robson (17 years 57 days v Tottenham (a) FAC3 2 Jan 1982 lost 0-1)

OLDEST

Overall
Jock Rutherford (41 years 159 days, v Man City (h) 20 March 1926)

In League
Jock Rutherford (41 years 159 days, v Man City (h) 20 March 1926)

In Premiership
John Lukic (39 years 336 days, v Derby County (h) 11 Nov 2000)

In Europe
John Lukic (39 years 311 days, v Lazio (a) UCL Grp Stage 17 Oct 2000)

Highest Arsenal appearance holders Player Appearances
1. David O'Leary 722
2. Tony Adams 669
3. George Armstrong 621
4. Lee Dixon 619
5. Nigel Winterburn 584
6. David Seaman 564
7. Pat Rice 528
8. Peter Storey 501
9. John Radford 481
10. Peter Simpson 477

ATTENDANCES (HOME ONLY)

Highest
Premiership 60,023 v Aston Villa 19 August 2006
League 73,295 v Sunderland 9 March 1935
Overall 73,295 v Sunderland 9 March 1935
Wembley Stadium 73,707 v RC Lens 25 November 1998

Lowest
Premiership 18,253 v Wimbledon 10 February 1993
League 4,554 v Leeds United 5 May 1966
Overall 4,554 v Leeds United 5 May 1966
Wembley Stadium 71,227 v AIK Solna 22 September 1999

siamcutey
21-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Bro SC

Do you remember our team in 1980?

http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc381/th_40818_arsenal1980_122_381lo.jpg

I supported Arsenal during the days when Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould, Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, David Seaman, Ian Wright were around. :D

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Goalscoring Records

Most goals overall
214 Thierry Henry (185 Ian Wright)

Most Premiership goals
164 Thierry Henry

Most League goals
164 Thierry Henry (Cliff Bastin 150)

Most FA Cup goals
26 Cliff Bastin

Most League Cup goals
29 Ian Wright

Most overall European goals
41 Thierry Henry

Most UEFA Champions League goals
35 Thierry Henry

Most goals in a season
44 Ted Drake 1934/35 (42 Lge, 1FAC, 1C.Shield)

Most League goals in a season
42 Ted Drake 1934/35

Most Premiership goals in a season
30 Thierry Henry 2003/2004

Previously
23 Ian Wright 1993/94 & 1996/97

Most goals in any match by an AFC player
7 Ted Drake (Aston Villa (a) 14 Dec 1935 won 7-1 Lge)

Most goals in any match by an AFC player at Highbury
5 Jack Lambert (Sheff Utd 24 Dec 1932 won 9-2 Lge)

Most goals in a League match by AFC player at Highbury
5 Jack Lambert (Sheff Utd 24 Dec 1932 won 9-2 Lge)

Most goals in a League match by AFC player away
7 Ted Drake (Aston Villa 14 Dec 1935 won 7-1 Lge)

Most goals in a FA Cup match by AFC player at Highbury
4 Cliff Bastin (Darwen 9 Jan 1932 won 11-1 FAC3)

Most goals in a FA Cup match by AFC player away
4 Ted Drake (Burnley 20 Feb 1937 won 7-1 FAC5)

Most goals in a match by an opponent at Highbury
4 Bobby Tambling (Chelsea (h) 14 March 1964 lost 2-4 Lge)

Most goals in a match by an opponent away
4 Billy Walker (Aston Villa (a) 28 August 1920 lost 0-5 Lge)
4 Colin Booth (Wolves (a) 10 November 1956 lost 2-5 Lge)

Most goals in a European competition match by AFC player
4 Alan Smith (FK Austria (h) 18 Sep 1991 won 6-1 European Cup 1)

Previously
3 Thierry Henry (AS Roma (a) 27 Nov 2002 won 3-1 UCL Grp S2)

Most goals in a League Cup match by AFC player
No AFC player has scored over three goals in a match

Fastest recorded goal scored by AFC player
20.07 secs Gilberto (PSV (a) 25 Sept 2002 won 4-0 UCL (1))
This is the fastest ever recorded goal in Champions League history.

Last hat-tricks by AFC player at Highbury
Thierry Henry (Wigan Athletic 7 May 2006 won 4-2 Lge)
Thierry Henry (Middlesbrough 14 January 2006 won 7-0 Lge)
Thierry Henry (Norwich 2 April 2005 won 4-1 Lge)
Thierry Henry (Portsmouth 5 March 2005 won 3-0 Lge)
Thierry Henry (Leeds Utd 16 April 2004 won 5-0 Lge)
Thierry Henry (Liverpool 9 April 2004 won 4-2 Lge)
Jermaine Pennant (Southampton 7 May 2003 won 6-1 Lge)

Last hat-tricks by AFC player away
Thierry Henry (AS Roma 27 Nov 2002 won 3-1 UCL Grp Stge2)
Ray Parlour (Werder Bremen 23 Mar 2000 won 4-2 UEFA QF)
Kanu (Chelsea 23 Oct 1999 won 3-2 Lge)

Last hat-trick by an opponent at Highbury
Mick Quinn (Coventry City 14 Aug 1993 lost 0-3 Lge)

Last hat-trick by an opponent away
Dwight Yorke (Manchester Utd 25 Feb 2001 lost 1-6 Lge)

Last AFC player scored more than three goals at Highbury
4 Thierry Henry (Leeds Utd 16 April 2004 won 5-0 Lge)
4 Ian Wright (Everton 21 Dec 1991 won 4-2 Lge)
4 Alan Smith (FK Austria 18 Sep 1991 won 6-1 European Cup 1)
4 Cliff Holton (Man City 6 Oct 1956 won 7-3 Lge)

Last time AFC player scored more than three goals away
5 Tony Woodcock (AVilla29 Oct 1983 won6-2 Lge)
4 David Herd (Everton 6 Sept 1958 won 6-1 Lge)

Youngest AFC goalscorer overall
Francesc Fabregas (16 years 212 days v Wolves (h) Lge Cup 2 Dec 2003 won 5-1)

Youngest AFC goalscorer in League
Francesc Fabregas (17 years 113 days v Blackburn Rovers (h) Lge 25 Aug 2004 won 3-0)

Youngest AFC goalscorer in Premiership
Francesc Fabregas (17 years 113 days v Blackburn Rovers (h) Lge 25 Aug 2004 won 3-0)

Youngest AFC goalscorer Europe
Francesc Fabregas (17 years 217 days v Rosenborg (h) Champions League 7 Dec 2004 won 5-1)

Youngest AFC goalscorer in FA Cup
Cliff Bastin (17 years 303 days v Chelsea (h) FAC3 11 Jan 1930 won 2-0)

Youngest AFC scorer of hat-trick
John Radford (17 years 315 days v Wolves (h) Lge 2 Jan 1965 won 4-1)

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:30 PM
The Unbeaten Record

Unbeaten in League from the start of a season
38 (All Season) - Arsenal (FA Premier League) 2003/04
29 - Liverpool (Old Div 1) 1987/88
29 - Leeds United (Old Div 1) 1973/74

Unbeaten League sequence during a single season
38 - Arsenal (FA Premier League) 2003/04
30 - Burnley (Old Div 1) 1920/21

Unbeaten sequence in the FA Premier League
49 - Arsenal 2002/03 - 2003/04 - 2004/5

This is an all time unbeaten league sequence!

OTHER CURRENT RECORDS / LANDMARKS

AFC went unbeaten in 49 Premiership matches. This in an overall record.
The unbeaten run was ended on October 24, 2004 by Manchester United, who defeated Arsenal 2-0 at Old Trafford.
AFC remained unbeaten at home in the Premiership until February 1, 2005.
AFC went the entire 2003/4 Premiership season unbeaten. This an all time record.
AFC only lost two Premiership matches in the year 2003. These were Blackburn(a) March 15, 2003 and Leeds(h) May 4, 2003.
AFC only lost two Premiership matches in the year 2004. These were Manchester United (a) October 24, 2004 and Liverpool (a) November 28, 2004.
AFC went the whole of the year 2004 unbeaten at home in the Premiership.
During the 2003/4 Premiership season Arsenal failed to score on only four occassions, 0-0 draws with Birmingham, Newcastle, Fulham and Manchester United. Before the Fulham match, Arsenal had scored in 46 consecutive home league matches, stretching back to Middlesbrough (h) Sat 14 April 2001 (Lost 0-3).

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:34 PM
I supported Arsenal during the days when Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould, Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, David Seaman, Ian Wright were around.

Arh....The era where George Graham was the manager! ;)

I think the team picture will bring back some old memories and the favourite chant then "1 Nil to Arsenal"

http://img41.imagevenue.com/loc566/th_42024_arsenal1992_122_566lo.jpg

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Adebayor - Injured duo inspired me at Old Trafford

Emmanuel Adebayor's match-winning performance against Manchester United was inspired by two players who could not play a part at Old Trafford.

Injuries to Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie left the Togo international as a lone striker last Sunday. Adebayor rose to the occasion, netting the only goal four minutes from time. He admits he was spurred on by the absence of his French and Dutch team-mates.

"We knew that going to Old Trafford without Thierry and Robin would be very difficult but we also knew we had to do a job for them and play for them," Adebayor told Arsenal.com.

"We knew they were somewhere watching us and shouting and enjoying the game. We had them somewhere behind our heads. I was playing as a lone forward but for me it was like Robin and Thierry were somewhere behind me because they are my friends."

Arsenal's richly-deserved victory at Old Trafford was achieved despite the absence of not only Henry and Van Persie but Lauren, Philippe Senderos, Abou Diaby and Gael Clichy. In Adebayor's opinion, that speaks volumes for the strength of Arsenal's squad.

"The win at Old Trafford shows we have confidence in the boss at any time. He has confidence in us and we have confidence in him. I can say we played for Thierry and Robin and did it for them, but they will be back soon and they will be scoring goals as well."

Cheri_Popper
21-09-2006, 08:39 PM
'Survival is the aim and they are capable of that'

Arsenal v Sheffield United
Barclays Premiership
Emirates Stadium
Sat, Sep 23, 2006, 3pm

You'd need a rather short memory to label Saturday's clash at Emirates Stadium as a 'home banker'. The same was said before Arsenal hosted Aston Villa and Middlesbrough, and both teams escaped with a point. Can Sheffield United do likewise? Anything other than a defeat would be the perfect way for Neil Warnock to celebrate his 1,000th league game as a manager.

Warnock's side haven't looked out of their depth in the Premiership - they could easily have beaten Liverpool and Blackburn at home - but they are already looking up at the rest of the top flight. We asked James Shield of the Sheffield Star about United's key men, their prospects of survival and why a certain striker has a point to prove this season.

THE STORY SO FAR
"With the exception of the first half at Tottenham, United have not really been on the end of a hiding or looked outclassed. They could have won any of their home games so far against Liverpool, Blackburn and Reading. A contentious penalty got Liverpool back into the game, United missed two penalties against Blackburn and created enough chances to win three games, and some pretty desperate defending handed Reading that game on a plate. They've done well at home and apart from that first half at White Hart Lane they have always competed, so that is the glimmer of hope they need to know they can survive. Some have spoken about a lack of creativity but United have had an awful lot of players out injured which has robbed them of an extra dimension in midfield. The main thing that have go to do to turn things around is cut out errors at the back. I know that is something they have worked on and, with Brian Kidd at the club now, hopefully they can learn from their mistakes."

NEW FACES
"Neil made no secret of the fact that he looked at certain players over the summer - including Benni McCarthy - but they were financially out of United's league at this stage. The carrot for United is to stay up and then receive the extra television money for next season which will allow them to compete for those types of players. The manager did bring in some players with Premiership experience, lads like David Unsworth who are worth having around the place because they know what is required at this level and are quick to give out advice. Neil has done well to bring in players who have something to prove like Claude Davis from Preston, who was highly-rated in the Championship and now has the chance to show he is worthy of that reputation. Rob Hulse is another one, he did well at Leeds last year and is very hungry to do well because he doesn't feel he was given a chance at West Brom when they were in the Premiership. His chances were few and far between - he even played full-back at one point - so he's desperate to show he can cut it at this level. He's been one of United's best players, he scored against Liverpool and Reading but his all-round game looks good."

THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO...
"There probably aren't what you would call 'household' names at Bramall Lane but that's OK because there is an excellent team spirit and a good work ethic. Having said that there are a couple of players who could make a name for themselves this season. Phil Jagielka is one of them, he's got a lot of ability and is versatile, although his best position is central midfield. Danny Webber and Michael Tonge are not kids any more and they have a chance to make a name for themselves and fulfil their promise. If they do well then United will get the benefit from that."

CAUSE FOR OPTIMISM
"The best case scenario? Stay up, it's as simple as that. The higher the better but success for United this season will be measured by whether they stay up or not. Wigan and West Ham gave everyone hope last season that promoted clubs can survive, but you have to remember that West Ham went out and spent £7million on a striker, United don't have that financial muscle. Survival is the main aim and I think it will be tight but they are capable of doing it. They have to cut the mistakes out and that will help them turn defeats into draws and draws into wins. They have to win their home games, that will be vital."

TALKING TACTICS
"Neil is looking forward to his 1000th league game as a manager, he joins a select club which includes the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Dario Gradi, Lenny Lawrence, Dave Bassett, Alan Buckley and Sir Matt Busby. It's a proud achievement. Neil has not said an awful lot on how he will approach the Arsenal game tactically, he is playing his cards close to his chest, but I'm sure I won't surprise anyone by suggesting that United will try to keep things tight and get close to Arsenal's creative players. That will be their aim but, at some point, they have got to go and try and win the game. They can't sit back for 90 minutes because they will get beat. On the injury front, Tonge and Webber are out while Craig Short is a big doubt."

Sylvan
21-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I supported Arsenal during the days when Nigel Winterburn, Steve Bould, Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, David Seaman, Ian Wright were around. :D

Me too... i supported arsenal before ian wright... e top scorer for arsenal then is Alan Smith...

Cheri_Popper
22-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Me too... i supported arsenal before ian wright... e top scorer for arsenal then is Alan Smith...

My time was Frank Stapleton and Alan Sunderland's era in the late 70's and early 80's.

Alan Smith, the player from Leicester City where his strike partner was once Gary Lineker.

They had a good combination together. Gary later went on to play for Everton and Spurs.

Alan is now a match commendator and a pundit. :)

Myo_Swee
22-09-2006, 06:00 PM
I wonder when walcott will ever get a chance or become the second jermain pennant...

siamcutey
22-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I wonder when walcott will ever get a chance or become the second jermain pennant...

Arsene is building a team on players with good ball skills.

Example Henry, Pires(before), Ljungberg, Hleb, Fabregas, Eboue, Rosicky

And also many of his players are swift when attacking..

I think with his mindset of attacking passing football, Walcott will be in his plans as this guy has speed and good ball skills.

Pennant is not that good, and tends to lose ball easily to opposition. Like Reyes.:p

anchovies
22-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Bro Cheri_Popper, i'm sure u didn't mean Alan Smith the boyish ex leeds player right? :D

Cheri_Popper
22-09-2006, 09:58 PM

He will be definitely feature in the first team this season. During his 2 brief sub appearance, he had cause an impact on the game. He was the player who crossed for Giberto to scored the equaliser against Aston Villa.

At nearly 12 millions pound, he would not be warming the bench or playing in the reserve for too long.

_AXL_
23-09-2006, 03:22 AM
Bro Cheri_Popper, i'm sure u didn't mean Alan Smith the boyish ex leeds player right?

the alan smith the arsenal bros here are talking about is the one who played for arsenal in the late 80s and early 90s. most well-known for scoring the 1st goal in the 59th min in the 2-0 win over liverpool. ask your fellow arsenal bros to tell u about the game cos me too distraught to talk about it again.

so, definitely not the "sorry excuse for a football player" thug u r talking about, the boyish:confused: ex-leeds player who is now with manure. different era and much less class, the new smith i mean.

sorry for being a busybody...;)

Sylvan
23-09-2006, 03:42 AM
the alan smith the arsenal bros here are talking about is the one who played for arsenal in the late 80s and early 90s. most well-known for scoring the 1st goal in the 59th min in the 2-0 win over liverpool. ask your fellow arsenal bros to tell u about the game cos me too distraught to talk about it again.

so, definitely not the "sorry excuse for a football player" thug u r talking about, the boyish:confused: ex-leeds player who is now with manure. different era and much less class, the new smith i mean.

sorry for being a busybody...;)

in my opinion tat ars alan smith is smting like a stronger version of peter crouch... face also mre yandao than Reyes

_AXL_
23-09-2006, 03:59 AM
in my opinion tat ars alan smith is smting like a stronger version of peter crouch... face also mre yandao than Reyes

i remember him to be a very good header of the ball and he holds the ball up well. one thing i like about players in the past is that they do not have so much controversies like the ones playing now. never seem to remember smith in the new for the wrong reasons. definitely stronger than peter crouch but plays a different role cos smith was playing out-and-out striker, in other words, main target whereas crouch playing a peripheral role in liverpool. i think reyes more yandao leh... but smith definitely has more character and integrity. dont think smith would ever whine his way to a move to real madrid. cheers, good nite.

Cheri_Popper
23-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Bro Cheri_Popper, i'm sure u didn't mean Alan Smith the boyish ex leeds player right?

That Alan Smith you are talking about still wearing diapers then! :)

The one I was talking about was a former Leicester City whose striking partner was Gary Lineker.

Alan Smith was one of the reasons when we won the league title back in 1989 where we had to go to Anfield and not only win but win by at least 2 clear goals. We were 3 points behind with a inferior goal difffence.

Alan gave us the lead in 59 min and Michael Thomas scored a dramatic winner in the injury time. That Liverpool team was strong and not many teams were able to go to their Anfield fortress and comes back with a win. We were the untlimate underdogs! I remember the match as it was played late on a Saturday morning around 3am. :D

Sylvan
23-09-2006, 02:33 PM
i remember him to be a very good header of the ball and he holds the ball up well. one thing i like about players in the past is that they do not have so much controversies like the ones playing now. never seem to remember smith in the new for the wrong reasons. definitely stronger than peter crouch but plays a different role cos smith was playing out-and-out striker, in other words, main target whereas crouch playing a peripheral role in liverpool. i think reyes more yandao leh... but smith definitely has more character and integrity. dont think smith would ever whine his way to a move to real madrid. cheers, good nite.

i look back at my post n found out my typo error...wat i mean is alan smith is also yandao than crouch... nt reyes... i tink i stiil dulan reyes tat why write his name...:p

_AXL_
23-09-2006, 02:42 PM
i look back at my post n found out my typo error...wat i mean is alan smith is also yandao than crouch... nt reyes... i tink i stiil dulan reyes tat why write his name...

no need to dulan with reyes... arsenal getting the beast, julio baptista in return. good trade anytime. must thank reyes somemore. wenger nowadays getting good trades hor... weasel exchange with one of the best defenders in the world + 5mil spare change from the goondu and ineffective ingrate with the future star of brazil...;)

smith not that good looking but agree that he is better looking than crouch, but if u ask me, i think crouch better looking than tony adams, but tony adams better looking than steve bruce or brian mcclair:rolleyes: ... go figure and have a good weekend.

darkforce
23-09-2006, 03:32 PM
tonight we are hosting a pretty weak team , will henry show his magical touch ?
gallas quite hard-working against man u , hope adebayor found his scoring boots again cannot rely on gilberto every time

Sylvan
23-09-2006, 05:08 PM
tonight we are hosting a pretty weak team , will henry show his magical touch ?
gallas quite hard-working against man u , hope adebayor found his scoring boots again cannot rely on gilberto every time

In e 1st place no1 is relying on gilberto to score....1 penalty against hamburg n he tink he can bang in penalty... if nt for adebayor, we r still searching for our 1st win tis season n cursed gilberto for giving away our 1st win of e season(probably)

Cheri_Popper
24-09-2006, 09:58 AM
no need to dulan with reyes... arsenal getting the beast, julio baptista in return. good trade anytime. must thank reyes somemore. wenger nowadays getting good trades hor... weasel exchange with one of the best defenders in the world + 5mil spare change from the goondu and ineffective ingrate with the future star of brazil...;)

smith not that good looking but agree that he is better looking than crouch, but if u ask me, i think crouch better looking than tony adams, but tony adams better looking than steve bruce or brian mcclair:rolleyes: ... go figure and have a good weekend.

Reyes didn't settle well in London and had been wanting to go back to Spain. He also been losing possession of the ball on a high number of occassions. He is doing well in Real Madrid, I think the English style of playing might not suit him.

Baptista is a fringe player for Brazil. I would rather Arsene trade Reyes for Robino.

Tony Adams is known as the "Donkey" among Spurs fans.

Sylvan
24-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Reyes didn't settle well in London and had been wanting to go back to Spain. He also been losing possession of the ball on a high number of occassions. He is doing well in Real Madrid, I think the English style of playing might not suit him.

Baptista is a fringe player for Brazil. I would rather Arsene trade Reyes for Robino.

Tony Adams is known as the "Donkey" among Spurs fans. I saw w reyes played twice wif RM recently and can see tat nw he dnt lose e ball cheaply and scored a henry-like freekick last wk against Sociedad...

Nw i wonder since reyes can keep e ball against spanish players and nt english players, why there is a saying tat usually spanish teams can win english teams and english teams can win italian teams and italian teams can win spanish teams? haha jst a talkcock qns to start wif...

Cheri_Popper
24-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Nw i wonder since reyes can keep e ball against spanish players and nt english players

Wenger actually brought him after seeing him dribble past a couple of Real Madrid's players on the way to scoring for his then Sevila team.

English style of playing is fast & furious. Italian style of playing is defensive. Spainish type is possesive, etc.

Some players are not suited for the different styles of playing. That's why they might be doing well in other leagues but when they go to other leagues, they struggle.

Look at Shecko, he is a proven scorer in Serie A but has only managed to scored 1 goal in EPL so far after 6 games. Thats a poor return for 30 million.

siamcutey
24-09-2006, 11:51 PM
I saw w reyes played twice wif RM recently and can see tat nw he dnt lose e ball cheaply and scored a henry-like freekick last wk against Sociedad...

Nw i wonder since reyes can keep e ball against spanish players and nt english players, why there is a saying tat usually spanish teams can win english teams and english teams can win italian teams and italian teams can win spanish teams? haha jst a talkcock qns to start wif...

If you have seen Reyes in Arsenal team playing against EPL teams (esp Man Utd games), u will realise that mentally he is very weak against tough tackling defenders.

Ever saw one match where Gary neville tackles Reyes to the ground, in the event committing fouls and concedes freekicks, you would have seen how helpless Reyes' looks are. Just a couple of consistent tackles, bringing him to ground, Reyes is finished for the match. Then after he gets the ball, he does not even dare to move much forward to distribute to his team-mates.

Technically Reyes is very very good, but in terms of his mental side of the game, he did not improve much. Just compare him with Ljungberg. Ljungberg is often fouled when going forward, but the more he is fouled, the more dulan he is and he is not afraid and the more he runs on opposition defences. Reyes will only sit on the ground staying helpless and when the ref doesn't flash any card, he even more demoralised.

And u will often see Henry "tiao" Reyes on the field. Because when attacking, you need numbers forward and when Reyes do not run against opposition, they are as good as a man down.:D

SC

weert
25-09-2006, 12:05 AM
And u will often see Henry "tiao" Reyes on the field. Because when attacking, you need numbers forward and when Reyes do not run against opposition, they are as good as a man down.:D

SC

Brilliant observation.

Cheri_Popper
25-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Technically Reyes is very very good, but in terms of his mental side of the game, he did not improve much. Just compare him with Ljungberg. Ljungberg is often fouled when going forward, but the more he is fouled, the more dulan he is and he is not afraid and the more he runs on opposition defences. Reyes will only sit on the ground staying helpless and when the ref doesn't flash any card, he even more demoralised.

Well said and totally agreed with you. English matches are more physical then most other leagues.

Honestly Henry might not have done as well as he had done so for Arsenal if he is playing in other leagues.

siamcutey
25-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Arsenal's only enemy is themselves
Arsenal don't win and drop points most often is because over elaborate, as though making sure that every goal that goes in must be beautifully orchestrated.

Opponents just need to foul them and the rhythm has to be restarted again.

That is why it is a joy to watch Arsenal play but pek cek when they pass so beautiful and yet cannot score.

Some say winning titles is more important than playing beautifully. But I do think if playing beautifully can win titles, then winning the title is a bonus..

No one loves Greece for their play in Euro 2004. Football fans are more interested in watching a fantastic football match.:D

SC

siamcutey
25-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Well said and totally agreed with you. English matches are more physical then most other leagues.

Honestly Henry might not have done as well as he had done so for Arsenal if he is playing in other leagues.

Seriously Arsenal should buy Ribery if they have money. Then it would be a very powerful combination with

Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Baptista, Ribery, Ljungberg.

With Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott on standby, hehehe, powerful attacking force. Not forgetting Eboue's darting runs on the right..

I have this impression Baptista is brought in to replace Gilberto. Because Baptista is big and fierce and his presence in midfield scares opponents. :D

SC

Cheri_Popper
25-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Seriously Arsenal should buy Ribery if they have money. Then it would be a very powerful combination with

Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Baptista, Ribery, Ljungberg.

With Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott on standby, hehehe, powerful attacking force. Not forgetting Eboue's darting runs on the right..

I have this impression Baptista is brought in to replace Gilberto. Because Baptista is big and fierce and his presence in midfield scares opponents. :D

SC

Ribery will not come cheap after his performances in the World Cup. A couple of clubs were chasing after him including Real Madrid, Man Utd, etc. He has been also been linked with a transfer to Arsenal but his club does not want to release him yet. I got a feeling that he will definitely leave his French club either in the transfer period of Jan or end of this season French League.

Baptista is also an ideal replacement for Giberto with his built. However, whether he will still at Arsenal next season is still in doubt as Reyes and him are on a season long loan.

Ribery would be an ideal replacement for Freddy Lungberg. Both Freddy and Giberto are 29 this season.

I honestly do not think Arsenal will win the EPL this season as they are dropping points and drawing or losing when they are expected to win. But in 2 seasons' time, when our team has gained sufficient experience and with the players maturing, I reckon that we will be a FORCE.

siamcutey
25-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Ribery will not come cheap after his performances in the World Cup. A couple of clubs were chasing after him including Real Madrid, Man Utd, etc. He has been also been linked with a transfer to Arsenal but his club does not want to release him yet. I got a feeling that he will definitely leave his French club either in the transfer period of Jan or end of this season French League.

Baptista is also an ideal replacement for Giberto with his built. However, whether he will still at Arsenal next season is still in doubt as Reyes and him are on a season long loan.

Ribery would be an ideal replacement for Freddy Lungberg. Both Freddy and Giberto are 29 this season.

I honestly do not think Arsenal will win the EPL this season as they are dropping points and drawing or losing when they are expected to win. But in 2 seasons' time, when our team has gained sufficient experience and with the players maturing, I reckon that we will be a FORCE.

Once Senderos is back, We have Toure, Senderos as Centrebacks, Gallas as left and Eboue as right. Lehmann in goal, this is power defence combination.
Even if lauren come back, he will play 2nd fiddle to Eboue liao cos in terms of speeed, he lose out.

A midfield with Rosicky, Ljungberg, Fabregas, Baptista, Hleb, Gilberto, Flamini, Walcott, Arsenal can rotate when end yr comes

Strikeforce no need worry, Arsenal always dependant on Henry, so let it be lor. If henry injured, then Van Persie and Adebayor can step in.

The most confident I am is in Arsenal's defence. Haven't seen one so strong for years.:D

_AXL_
25-09-2006, 01:32 PM

Tony Adams is known as the "Donkey" among Spurs fans.

reyes is a ball player who needs the ball to be effective. but in arsenal, he seldom does anything worth mentioning even when they give him the ball. and i dont think he ever got used to the robust english style.

as for baptista, he started out as a defensive midfielder and converted to attacking midfielder bcos of his ball skills. then for sevilla, he was playing as their support striker role which earned him a transfer to real madrid. so, he is quite versatile in that sense and he has played in the wings for real as well. but i would think that it would be a waste to play him in a defensive midfield role. his shooting and running off the ball is very sound. dont think he will be a fringe player for brazil for too long. reyes for robinho is simply out of the question lah, a bit pushing arsenal's luck...:D

IMHO, looking like donkey is better than looking like pig any day, just ask brian mcclair and steve bruce.:rolleyes:

_AXL_
25-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Once Senderos is back, We have Toure, Senderos as Centrebacks, Gallas as left and Eboue as right. Lehmann in goal, this is power defence combination.
Even if lauren come back, he will play 2nd fiddle to Eboue liao cos in terms of speeed, he lose out.

A midfield with Rosicky, Ljungberg, Fabregas, Baptista, Hleb, Gilberto, Flamini, Walcott, Arsenal can rotate when end yr comes

Strikeforce no need worry, Arsenal always dependant on Henry, so let it be lor. If henry injured, then Van Persie and Adebayor can step in.

The most confident I am is in Arsenal's defence. Haven't seen one so strong for years.

firstly, i dont know arsenal as much as i should to be commenting so much but i beg to differ when it comes to gallas playing at leftback. i would prefer him to partner toure with senderos as backup. the leftback position should not be a headache as flamini should be an able replacement. if need be, gilberto has played and excelled in that position earlier in his career. just that i have seen gallas in the world playing in centreback and i felt that he was virtually perfect in that position.;)

Castrol
25-09-2006, 01:43 PM
as for baptista, he started out as a defensive midfielder and converted to attacking midfielder bcos of his ball skills. then for sevilla, he was playing as their support striker role which earned him a transfer to real madrid. so, he is quite versatile in that sense and he has played in the wings for real as well. but i would think that it would be a waste to play him in a defensive midfield role. his shooting and running off the ball is very sound. :

baptista is just like gravesen, but the latter is unlucky in a way. powerful defensive midfield who later started running forward for everton, given license to do so by moyes i'm sure. created and scored good goals, alerted the big clubs, then shipped to madrid to do what? back to protecting the defence full time (what the f). i'd rather he stayed in everton and continued to shine. he just scored a goal for celtic last weekend, thumbs up to the great dane. :D

_AXL_
25-09-2006, 02:08 PM
baptista is just like gravesen, but the latter is unlucky in a way. powerful defensive midfield who later started running forward for everton, given license to do so by moyes i'm sure. created and scored good goals, alerted the big clubs, then shipped to madrid to do what? back to protecting the defence full time (what the f). i'd rather he stayed in everton and continued to shine. he just scored a goal for celtic last weekend, thumbs up to the great dane.

gravesen shipped to madrid to do what??? protect what defence? he didnt even get to play much. he should have stayed at everton but would u go to RM if u were gravesen? go lah...:D unfortunately, he made a mistake when he thought he would get to protect the defence on a more regular basis. going to scotland is a big waste, i feel that he would still be able to make a good impression in the premiership. i m quite sure arsenal fans here wouldnt mind him to be in their squad, eh?;)

Castrol
25-09-2006, 02:33 PM
gravesen shipped to madrid to do what??? protect what defence? he didnt even get to play much. he should have stayed at everton but would u go to RM if u were gravesen? go lah...:D )

nah... i wouldnt play for rm unless they call me a galactico and make baby spice emma marry me... :D

_AXL_
25-09-2006, 04:09 PM
nah... i wouldnt play for rm unless they call me a galactico and make baby spice emma marry me...

hey same taste, bak chye bak chye!!!:D emma bunton. used to watch the "wannabe" video to catch her zaogeng!!!:rolleyes:

siamcutey
25-09-2006, 08:51 PM
firstly, i dont know arsenal as much as i should to be commenting so much but i beg to differ when it comes to gallas playing at leftback. i would prefer him to partner toure with senderos as backup. the leftback position should not be a headache as flamini should be an able replacement. if need be, gilberto has played and excelled in that position earlier in his career. just that i have seen gallas in the world playing in centreback and i felt that he was virtually perfect in that position.;)

Toure can only play centreback. Senderos will be a world class centreback soon as he grows older. Not just any centreback but world class.

Initially i also think Gallas is good in centre than left. But one reason why Gallas flared up in Chelsea also because Mourinho sometimes suka suka play him left then centre then left then centre. Never fixed him in one position.

Currently after a few games, Arsene seems to prefer playing Djourou at centre than putting Gallas in there, when Flamini can play at left too.
And he definitely has his reasons in doing so.

SC

Sylvan
26-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Wenger actually brought him after seeing him dribble past a couple of Real Madrid's players on the way to scoring for his then Sevila team.

Look at Shecko, he is a proven scorer in Serie A but has only managed to scored 1 goal in EPL so far after 6 games. Thats a poor return for 30 million.

Tat game Reyes simply run riot on RM defence n i read tat figo said reyes dribble like as if he is riding on a bike n they cant catch them... but cannot deny he is really talented when he is on a good mood(for arsenal)

If sheva scored only 1 goal whole season, it mean his 1 goal cost 30million... i tink i could sell roman 30 football for e price of 1million...n is cheaper...hohoho...

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Toure can only play centreback. Senderos will be a world class centreback soon as he grows older. Not just any centreback but world class.

Toure was a right sided mifielder before he was put into centreback position when we lack coverage there 2 or 3 seasons ago. Senderos looks to have the making of another Tony Adams for us.

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Tat game Reyes simply run riot on RM defence n i read tat figo said reyes dribble like as if he is riding on a bike n they cant catch them... but cannot deny he is really talented when he is on a good mood(for arsenal)

If sheva scored only 1 goal whole season, it mean his 1 goal cost 30million... i tink i could sell roman 30 football for e price of 1million...n is cheaper...hohoho...

Arsenal bought him hoping that he can run riots around other teams for them. He actually started well with a double strike against Chelsea in a FA Cup Q/Final tie.

In his 2nd season he started well and scored quite a number of goals before fading out as the season progressed.

If Sheva scored 1 goal it is 30 millions. Its still small change to their Russian owner. As a Russian, he is an avid admirer of Sheva and he would love to have another Russian on his team. Remember Smitins. Sheva is from Ukraine therefore still consider an Ex Russian.

Sylvan
26-09-2006, 01:07 AM
If Reyes is patient enough, he would have used to the rough tackles he got and move on as a better player wif arsenal... Henry was being trained to rough play by his then team-mates Vieira, Keown and Campbell but well perhaps those are mock exercise so Henry can survive and able to perform in EPL

Anyway we saw e good performances of Reyes during the start of 2 seasons ago but eventually MU players n the london weather 'freezed' him out... wat a waste coz i placed high hopes on him when he come...

As for Henry 'tiao' Reyes, i tink personally Henry is still friends wif Reyes jst tat when doing business Henry is super serious.

When I saw arsenal play tis season i m quite frustrated wif e way arsenal play, they smhw play too much passing and when e chance arises for them to shoot outside e box, no1 dare to do it... and i feel tat chelsea is playing effective football which can grind out results, who cares abt beautiful football when tat russian only wan winners medals for his son's cabinet collection?

I still dnt feel comfortable wif gallas playing LB coz i tink he play better at CB, nw i waiting for clichy to b back to play LB and the defence will be like tis Clichy-Gallas-Toure-Lauren/Eboue, when lauren is back then we will start having headache who shld be e RB... Senderos can rotate n Djourou can maybe gain experiences in Carling / FA Cup...

siamcutey
26-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Toure was a right sided mifielder before he was put into centreback position when we lack coverage there 2 or 3 seasons ago. Senderos looks to have the making of another Tony Adams for us.

Toure was brought in as a midfielder but then couldn't break through the team of midfielders. So eventually during some games he was tested as centreback and proved to be quite good.

Even now Ivory Coast also used him as Centreback than Midfielder. Sometimes Wenger just can find the best position in each player that plays in his team including Henry as well.:D

siamcutey
26-09-2006, 01:40 AM
If Reyes is patient enough, he would have used to the rough tackles he got and move on as a better player wif arsenal... Henry was being trained to rough play by his then team-mates Vieira, Keown and Campbell but well perhaps those are mock exercise so Henry can survive and able to perform in EPL

I still dnt feel comfortable wif gallas playing LB coz i tink he play better at CB, nw i waiting for clichy to b back to play LB and the defence will be like tis Clichy-Gallas-Toure-Lauren/Eboue, when lauren is back then we will start having headache who shld be e RB... Senderos can rotate n Djourou can maybe gain experiences in Carling / FA Cup...

Reyes was superb when I watched his Sevilla Thumped Real Madrid 4-1. Single handedly demolish RM, but then maybe just once in a moment. After that fizzled out.
That time when Arsene Wenger bought him, I thought power liao, but watched him play, sianzz man. always lose ball, if not always sit on ground after tackle. (Total contrast compared to Ljungberg)

As for Lauren. I think this player is like Cygan. Lapse in concentration at times.

Anyway, wasted that Flamini is reserve player. I always think he is good. Regardless of where he plays. Midfield or defence:p

siamcutey
26-09-2006, 01:41 AM

His marking is quite good. Should have seen him playing for Swiss in World Cup. Solid in defence:p

_AXL_
26-09-2006, 08:10 AM

Initially i also think Gallas is good in centre than left. But one reason why Gallas flared up in Chelsea also because Mourinho sometimes suka suka play him left then centre then left then centre. Never fixed him in one position.

Currently after a few games, Arsene seems to prefer playing Djourou at centre than putting Gallas in there, when Flamini can play at left too.
And he definitely has his reasons in doing so.

SC

i can still remember when toure was playing on the left side of midfield and kept popping up to score goals somemore. so i guess all of us were surprised when he turned up for the centreback role which was a stroke of genius, but he had sol campbell to guide him along then, but a stroke of genius nonetheless.

i think wenger rather risk djourou at centreback than to have flamini at leftback, for reasons we lesser mortals would not understand. it's good for gallas to be effective and versatile, but i feel he should be playing in a position where he can stamp his class more for arsenal, in the middle of the defence that is.

but then again, he stamped his class at leftback in the last game by opening the floodgates. who r we to say that wenger is wrong???;)

_AXL_
26-09-2006, 08:29 AM

Anyway we saw e good performances of Reyes during the start of 2 seasons ago but eventually MU players n the london weather 'freezed' him out... wat a waste coz i placed high hopes on him when he come...

As for Henry 'tiao' Reyes, i tink personally Henry is still friends wif Reyes jst tat when doing business Henry is super serious.

When I saw arsenal play tis season i m quite frustrated wif e way arsenal play, they smhw play too much passing and when e chance arises for them to shoot outside e box, no1 dare to do it... and i feel tat chelsea is playing effective football which can grind out results, who cares abt beautiful football when tat russian only wan winners medals for his son's cabinet collection?

there r some players with the ability to soak up the pressure and perform, and there r chokers. there r players who stay and try to learn how to perform under pressure and there r some who just want to get back to their own comfort zone. reyes showed he couldnt perform under pressure and obviously he didnt want to learn to do so like henry did. reyes wants to get back to his comfort zone in the la liga, where the defenders wont body check, dont dare to tackle from behind cos the refs would come down hard on them.

by the way, henry seems to be "tiaoing" everyone lor. what is it with french strikers, always act cool...:rolleyes: first the incredible sulk and then henry. he can take over the title siah...

chelski plays very safe football with terry, keeping the ball more and winning the ball back with the one of the best defensive midfielders, and hoping that the attacking players do their job, which happens more often than not cos they r getting the ball more often. shevchenko is not contributing the goals as he should but i feel he is contributing more by making a lot of intelligent runs off the ball to free up space for his teammates. that, to me, is a world class player. drogba is now benefiting from it lor... haiz:(

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Sendoros did performed well in the WC and would 1 day be one of the best central defenders in the World.

When Lauren is fit again, he will have to fight for his place with Eboue. Somehow, I feel that Layren might be allow to move on. Age is catching up with him. You should know Arsenal's policy of not giving more than 1 year contract to players above 30.

Reyes did reasonably well but he never adapted the robost nature of the EPL. I do not think that EPL suits him.

That Adebayor looks like Kanu with his long legs.

siamcutey
26-09-2006, 10:13 AM
i can still remember when toure was playing on the left side of midfield and kept popping up to score goals somemore. so i guess all of us were surprised when he turned up for the centreback role which was a stroke of genius, but he had sol campbell to guide him along then, but a stroke of genius nonetheless.

i think wenger rather risk djourou at centreback than to have flamini at leftback, for reasons we lesser mortals would not understand. it's good for gallas to be effective and versatile, but i feel he should be playing in a position where he can stamp his class more for arsenal, in the middle of the defence that is.

but then again, he stamped his class at leftback in the last game by opening the floodgates. who r we to say that wenger is wrong???;)

Gallas said that he don't mind playing leftback as long as its not like the past where he get switches around by Chelsea left centre left centre.:D

siamcutey
26-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Sendoros did performed well in the WC and would 1 day be one of the best central defenders in the World.

When Lauren is fit again, he will have to fight for his place with Eboue. Somehow, I feel that Layren might be allow to move on. Age is catching up with him. You should know Arsenal's policy of not giving more than 1 year contract to players above 30.
Reyes did reasonably well but he never adapted the robost nature of the EPL. I do not think that EPL suits him.

That Adebayor looks like Kanu with his long legs.

Arsenal has a policy of not giving players more than 30 a long contract.

Pires was one example. However we can look at Dennis Bergkamp where he continued playing year by year and knowing his age and fitness, was used sparingly and seldom played full game. Pires also same situation last season. But I felt he could have stayed on by looking at Bergkamp's example. Anyway he earned a longer contract at La Liga instead.

Lauren will be backup but Eboue will be the present and future (what I feel lor) cos Eboue is pacy. Even my friend barca supporter was amazed at Eboue who shut out Ronaldinho several times in last yrs CL final asking who this pleyer is.

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Pires was one example. However we can look at Dennis Bergkamp where he continued playing year by year and knowing his age and fitness, was used sparingly and seldom played full game. Pires also same situation last season. But I felt he could have stayed on by looking at Bergkamp's example. Anyway he earned a longer contract at La Liga instead.

Lauren will be backup but Eboue will be the present and future (what I feel lor) cos Eboue is pacy. Even my friend barca supporter was amazed at Eboue who shut out Ronaldinho several times in last yrs CL final asking who this pleyer is.

Pires is an outstanding player. He not only create goal scoring opportunities but also pops up to score important goals. He is one of those midfielders who can score 15 or more goals in a season. When Arsenal won the double, he was one of the main reasons. He suffered a knee liagament injury during the FA Cup match against Newcastle United that year and and to be sideline for 6 mths. When the EPL trophy was presented to the Arsenal team. You could see that the rest of them "bowing" to Pires. It was out of respect and admiration for his outstanding contribution that season.

The reason why he left was that Arsenal only offers him a 1 year extension whereas he was looking for a 2 yrs extension. I think he is 32 this year. Villareal stepped in and offered him a longer contract. I don't blame him cause a player's playing career is short and every player would want to have a long contract especially one in his 30's to have security.

I heard that he is currently out injured with ligaments problem. I hope that he recovers soon. All the best to him.

Lauren like Toures was a midfielder who was converted into an emergency right back by Wenger. He had doned exceptionally well and has been a loyal servant to Arsenal. I don't think that he will get back his position and will probably be a back up to Eboue. Lauren represent Arsenal's past history whereas Eboue represents Arsenal's present and future. Lauren's age is also catching up with him. I won't be surprise if he is permitted to go. Just like Campbell and Pires.

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Wenger - Gallas has a 'winner's mentality'

Arsène Wenger has described William Gallas as a “winner” after he scored his first Arsenal goal in Saturday’s 3-0 win over Sheffield United.

The French defender struck on 63 minutes to finally give Arsenal the lead they had threatened all game, and Wenger said it showed Gallas has the right attitude to provide in moments of pressure.

“He has the mentality of a winner, to produce it when it’s needed, no more than that,” said Wenger.

“I read an interesting article talking about what is common between winners, in every sport, both men and women, and it said it was competitiveness and composure at the right moment.

“They found that common denominator of refusing to not win and mixing that with composure. That means not being terrified when you have a chance, and I think that makes a winner.

“I have seen many fail because they have inhibitions, and in top competition you cannot have inhibitions when you are under pressure. That takes composure, and we saw that [with Gallas].”

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Gallas - I always felt Arsenal would come good

William Gallas felt Arsenal were going to have a successful season BEFORE they beat Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The classy French defender joined Arsène Wenger’s side on transfer deadline day and scored his first goal for his new club in the 3-0 win over Sheffield United on Saturday.

That was Arsenal’s third successive victory and lifted them to upper echelons of the Premiership table. It is a far cry from 10 days ago when they were fourth from bottom and about to travel to the leaders.

“When I joined the Club I said to my girlfriend that we were going to do something good this season,” Gallas commented after Saturday’s game. “And before the Manchester United game I told her we were going to win. I told some others and they laughed, but I see what the team is like every day in training.

“When I went in for the first day I was very surprised at how fast they played. It was all very quick, top quality. Now I can say we have the opportunity to be champions and I came here to be a champion.”

That ambition moved a step closer on Saturday after Arsenal completed their first Premiership victory at Emirates Stadium after drawing their opening two matches.

Gallas’ volley was special enough in itself but it was important to the 29-year-old defender for a couple of other reasons.

“My parents were there watching the game,” he said. “Every time they come to see me I seem to score. I should get them a season ticket I suppose, but they don’t come here often because they live so far away [in Guadalupe].

“It was an important goal aswell because it was the first time the team had actually taken the lead in the new stadium. The players were getting a little frustrated at not being able to score and, at the end of the first half, I felt we were not really patient but the manager told us to calm down.

“I feel we play the best football in England right now but it is always more important to win.”

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Wenger - We are getting used to our new home

Anyone who has moved home can sympathise with Arsène Wenger when he talks about the need to adapt to new surroundings.

For most of us that means unpacking boxes, arranging furniture and hanging pictures. For Wenger and his players, it means coming to terms with the loss of Highbury and getting used to a new environment at Emirates Stadium.

Saturday's 3-0 win against Sheffield United was Arsenal's first Premiership victory at their new home and undoubtedly a step in the right direction. And as Wenger explained afterwards, his players are growing accustomed to the different "visuals" at their new stadium.

"Emirates Stadium did not feel like home at first because Highbury is in your mind when you play at home and it takes time," said Wenger. "But I feel more at home every time, for example finding my way to the press [area]. You feel better in every game.

"For the team, visually it is different. Part of a striker's game when he turns is to know where the goal is even if he doesn't see it, because he identifies the advertisements which are behind the goal or to the side. These visual things you miss at first [at a new stadium].

"Visually we have also had to adapt to a different pitch dimension. It looks to me that the defenders when they win the ball are not used to looking as far as they should because the strikers are further away than they were at Highbury. It was better [on Saturday], but that takes time too."

The pitch at Emirates Stadium is bigger than the old Highbury pitch but the new dimensions were not the brainchild of Wenger. In fact, Arsenal were compelled to increase the area of their playing surface.

"Highbury was 64 to 100 [yards], and this is 68 to 105. It's not much but two metres does make a difference," said Wenger. "We had no choice [to make it bigger]; it is down to the UEFA dimensions. Before we had an exception to play European matches at Highbury.

"But our training pitches are now bigger and we have a team that can cope and have an advantage on a big pitch because we can run a lot and we are quite quick."

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Wenger - Postiga nearly stopped 'Invincibles'

Arsenal v FC Porto
Champions League Group Stage
Arsenal Stadium
Tue, Sep 26, 2006, 7.45pm

The last time Helder Postiga visited Arsenal he could — and perhaps should — have ended Arsenal’s 'Invincible' run in season 2003/04.

The Porto striker was with Tottenham when they came to Highbury on November 8, 2003. The visitors scored in the fifth minute and then Postiga spurned a couple of clear chances to put the game beyond Arsenal’s reach. Arsène Wenger’s side eventually stormed back to win and then completed an unbeaten campaign. However they were never behind as long as the 64 minutes they trailed that day.

“It was a game that I remember well,” said Wenger ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League tie with Porto. “On that that day he certainly did not do himself a favour. Fans do not forgive a striker who misses big chances but it makes it worse for a Tottenham fan to forgive a player who misses chances against Arsenal.”

Postiga returned to Porto the following summer, leaving the Arsenal manager scratching his head as to why it did not work out.

“It is a good question because when we played against Tottenham, I came out of the game thinking this guy has qualities,” said the Frenchman. “And yet after that he never confirmed them.

“It is funny because a year before that [Portugal manager] Felipe Scolari was at my home and I asked him if there were any players in Portugal. He said there was one to take and that was Postiga.

“Then he came over to Tottenham. He was a bit young when he arrived in England but now he looks to be coming through. Sometimes it is a question of patience.”

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Ljungberg, Djourou miss training but should be fit for Porto

Arsenal v FC Porto
Champions League Group Stage
Arsenal Stadium
Tue, Sep 26, 2006, 7.45pm

Freddie Ljungberg and Johan Djourou missed training on Monday but are expected to be fit for the Champions League tie with Porto at Emirates Stadium the following day.

The Swede picked up a knee injury and the Swiss defender hurt his foot in the weekend victory over Sheffield United. They are expected to recover and, apart from these slight doubts, Arsène Wenger will have a full squad at his disposal for the visit of the Portuguese champions.

"Freddie had a kick on his knee,” said the manager. “We will see how he is in the morning as he has not practised on Monday.

"Djourou as well. He has injured his foot, the laces part. But they should both be available."

Thierry Henry returned in fine style on Saturday having been absent with a similar problem. He will be in the squad.

“Thierry is match-fit,” said Wenger speaking at his pre-game press conference. “He has had a game after an injury and so should be sharper tomorrow."

Cheri_Popper
26-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Denilson Watch: Brazilian's debut analysed

Arsène Wenger was a busy man on transfer deadline day tying up the loose ends of deals for Julio Baptista and William Gallas. But on Wednesday night it was another last-gasp capture who demonstrated the potential to become the Frenchman’s signing of the summer.

The arrival of 18-year-old Denilson from Sao Paulo may not have grabbed the headlines, but a dazzling debut from the Brazil Under-19 captain in the 2-0 Reserve League win over Portsmouth will certainly have turned heads. Below is a blow-by-blow account of Denilson's most notable moments:

Before the match: The Underhill announcer reads out Neil Banfield’s line-up and a small cheer greets Denilson’s name. An eye-catching display would ensure a greater ovation accompanied his exit from the pitch.

1 minute: Denilson stamps his authority from the start as he organises Arsenal’s midfield. Over-emphasised hand gestures direct his new team-mates and suggest he’s keen to show his leadership skills. This boy captains Brazil after all.

8 minutes: A tough introduction to competitive English football doesn’t seem to be fazing the silky playmaker. With some quick-thinking and even quicker footwork, he creates himself space for a long-range effort that drifts just over the bar.

27 minutes: Underhill momentarily becomes the Copacabana as Denilson unselfishly plays in Justin Hoyte with a subtle flick of his heel. Unfortunately for Arsenal the defender’s driven effort is blocked.

45 minutes: The new boy confidently takes control of a free-kick awarded 25 yards out. He fails to hit the target but it’s a fitting way to close a half in which he’s shown no signs of first-day nerves.

81 minutes: A positive second-half display is capped by a moment of sublime skill as he flicks the ball between two players and bursts past the pair to regain control and continue his run. The move brings out frustration in Portsmouth’s Joel Ward who chops him down and deservedly receives a booking.

82 minutes: Denilson rises to his feet and trudges to the sideline where he is replaced by Giorgos Efrem. Looking understandably weary he acknowledges all sections of the crowd prompting generous applause for his efforts. It was a convincing run-out and with Wenger looking on from the stands it may not be long before he gets to showcase his skills on the bigger stage.

Sylvan
26-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Anyway, wasted that Flamini is reserve player. I always think he is good. Regardless of where he plays. Midfield or defence:p

nw the prob i tink is he dnt wan to play LB but i tink our midfield is packed wif much mre better players than him... we always lack in our depth of strength but all of e sudden i tink all the 3 depts we got so much quality players to pick from... :eek:

Sylvan
26-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Gallas said that he don't mind playing leftback as long as its not like the past where he get switches around by Chelsea left centre left centre.:D

No...moaninho switch him left right centre...:D

walabis
29-09-2006, 07:47 AM
http://i9.tinypic.com/2urq8mv.gif

Sylvan
30-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Not very updated but still a quite nice site to visit for the history of arsenal jerseys...

http://arsenal.soccer24-7.com/custom/110.html

Cheri_Popper
04-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Gilberto: 'Don't put pressure on Walcott'
Gilberto believes Theo Walcott will soon be ready for regular first-team football, but has urged people not to put unnecessary pressure on the teenage prodigy.

Walcott, 17, signed for Arsenal from Southampton in January and made his debut on the opening day of this season in the 1-1 draw against Aston Villa. On that occasion the former Saints starlet came off the bench to set up the equaliser for the Brazilian midfielder and repeated the trick four days later, emerging from the bench and crossing for Mathieu Flamini to hit the winner in a 2-1 victory over Dinamo Zagreb.

Walcott has since featured as a substitute against Manchester City and Porto, but is yet to make a start for the Gunners. But Arsenal’s vice-captain believes that Walcott's attributes will eventually earn him a prominent role in Arsène Wenger’s side.

“It’s very important that he can set up goals,” said Gilberto. “It’s this kind of thing that makes the difference in a good player. It doesn’t matter if he’s young or not when he can bring important things to the pitch and do his job like he did when I scored the goal against Aston Villa.

“He needs to play freely and not have a lot of pressure put on him, but I think he can handle the pressure especially with the way Arsène works with the young players. He’s only 17 and he needs time to improve and to grow but the more he trains with us and the more he plays, the more he will grow in confidence and I think very soon he will be ready to play [in the first team].

Gilberto, who has been offering advice to the lightning-quick striker, has also been impressed with Walcott's performances at training and is confident the youngster will transfer his form at London Colney to the bigger stage.

“He looks very good,” he said. “I think you have seen him enough times playing for Arsenal to see he’s very confident when he gets the ball and he’s the same when he trains with us.

"Myself, some other experienced players, and Arsène, talk to him a lot. We tell him to train and train and train and that when he gets the opportunity to play he must do the same kind of things he does in training.”

Cheri_Popper
04-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Van Persie - It was the best goal of my career
Robin van Persie believes Saturday’s scorcher at The Valley was the best goal of his career.

Four minutes after the interval the Dutchman settled a tight London derby by sending a vicious volley past Scott Carson from Emmanuel Eboue’s pinpoint cross.

“I have seen the goal on TV and yes it was my best goal,” said Van Persie afterwards. “Before that there was the goal against Blackburn but now there is this one.

“It was a fantastic cross and there was a little bit of a curve at the end. When I saw the ball coming to me I was just focused on one thing — hit it straight and in the heart of the ball. When I did that I thought I had put it a bit high. I thought at first the ball would go over the bar. At the end it came just under the bar.

“It was a fantastic goal but it was important as well. That is my feeling about today. Liverpool lost 2-0 and Chelsea dropped some points as well. It was a great goal but it was important for the team.”

Cheri_Popper
04-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Wenger - Robin is stronger physically and mentally

It was a week of contrast for Robin van Persie. The 23-year-old was left holding his head after missing a glorious early chance against Porto on Tuesday. Four days later Charlton keeper Scott Carson was shaking his as the Dutchman thumped a ferocious volley past him to win the Premiership game at The Valley.

It was Van Persie’s 23rd goal in 88 appearances (45 as a starter, 43 as a sub) since moving from Feyenoord in 2004. His manager believes the Rotterdam-born striker is much stronger physically these days and is working hard on the mental aspects of his game.

“I felt when he came he had to adapt physically,” said Wenger. “Today he is much stronger. You would be surprised how he resists challenges that he didn't two years ago. He looked a little bit lean and weak. We had to strengthen him.

“As well I think he is much more confident now. He reacts quickly so you need to focus more on the game. For example, the chance he missed against Porto, I think that was on his mind afterwards and he had not the same game. That is what he has to work on — not to let it pull you down, think about the future or the present. I think it's part of highly competitive people to be in the present, not in the past.”

Cheri_Popper
04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Ljungberg joy as character shines through

Freddie Ljungberg has praised his side’s spirit in the 2-1 comeback win over Charlton on Saturday.

The South Londoners took the lead with a goal that Arsenal believed was offside. Subsequent replays proved it was legal but Arsène Wenger’s side shrugged off the perceived injustice, scored twice through Robin van Persie and completed a remarkable turnaround.

“We showed some character," said Ljungberg. "After they scored I felt we were playing a little bit too straight and too quickly.

“But then we controlled the game quite well with our passing and we went into the lead. They put us under pressure with some crosses but I felt we coped so I was very happy.

“To be honest I was quite sure that [their goal] was offside but afterwards I was told that it was not. If we were a bit harsh on the linesman then we have apologise about that. It really looked very much like offside but I heard it was not.”

It was Arsenal’s fifth win in succession. For Ljungberg, European success may have helped.

“It is a different game in the Champions League than in the Premiership," said the Swede. "It is not so physical. We had a lot of success in the Champions League last year so we all have high belief when we go out on the pitch. After the first three Premiership games we have won every match so maybe that was a factor.

“But really if I knew there was any specific thing we would have talked about it. We played well at the start of the season but we drew some games and lost one too. We conceded some early goals too. Against Charlton we conceded as well but we managed to come back and I am very happy with that.”

Cheri_Popper
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Hleb gets a licence to thrill away from home
Alex Hleb is excelling in Arsenal’s away-day formation, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Belarus midfielder was impressive on Saturday at Charlton and set up the first goal for Robin van Persie. The Dutchman, who went on to score a superb second in the 2-1 win, was playing in a withdrawn striker’s role on the left hand side. From the manager’s perspective, it is a formation that allows the midfielders to flourish.

“I feel away from home especially it gives more licence to Hleb and Fabregas to go forward,” said Wenger. “We look a little bit more balanced and we have got our best results like this.

“Hleb played very well. He is getting better and better. In the first half when we were in trouble I felt he took the ball and created things.

“You could see when Rosicky came on as well that there is some class in these players and they can create football that is not only efficient but attractive to watch.”

dempsey
14-10-2006, 11:43 AM
status of the Gunners against Watford

Arsenal will be looking to pick up where they left off before the international break when they entertain struggling Watford on Saturday.
The Gunners have impressed in winning their last five games in all competitions, while Watford have yet to record a Premiership victory this season.
However, the fortnight away with their countries has taken its toll on Arsene Wenger's squad, with key players returning injured and others likely to need rest.
The Hornets should be better prepared, and boss Adrian Boothroyd has urged his side to make the most of the timing of the game.
Watford have looked a decent attacking force in their opening seven games, and they will hope to take advantage of the fitness problems which continue to plague Arsenal's defensive unit.
Emmanuel Eboue is the latest victim, and looks set to be out for almost a month after picking up a knee injury while on duty with Ivory Coast.
Fellow right back Lauren (knee) is also some time away from a return, while Philippe Senderos (shoulder) and Gael Clichy (foot) are feeling their way back to fitness with the reserves.
Frenchman William Gallas is therefore expected to start, even though he struggled with hamstring problems during the international break.
Freddie Ljungberg (calf) and Julio Baptista (hamstring) have also picked up injuries and will not feature, while Abou Diaby (ankle) is a long-term absentee.
Robin van Persie and Thierry Henry are expected to start up front, but Theo Walcott is pressing for inclusion after his goalscoring exploits for the Under-21s.
Chris Powell is back in the Watford squad after missing the last four Premiership games with a calf problem, and will compete with Jordan Stewart for the left back position.
Clarke Carlisle remains sidelined due to a thigh injury, but Boothroyd has no other worries and will be able to field something close to his strongest XI.
Defender James Chambers has joined Championship leaders Cardiff on a month-long loan.

darkforce
15-10-2006, 02:32 PM
a very good sign to see the gunners scoring goals again.
their last few matches has seen 2 or more goals in the net.
hope they maintain this form for good , still got mid-week CL to look forward to

siamcutey
16-10-2006, 02:47 AM
Gunners keen on Ribery
Sunday 15 Oct 2006

French World Cup star Franck Ribery is in line for a summer switch to Arsenal according to the player's agent.

Ribery, 23, currently plays for Marseille but his representative Bruno Heidersheid claimed Gunners boss Arsene Wenger tried to sign him after the World Cup and will do so again at the end of the season.

FRANCK RIBERY "Wenger likes Ribery a lot. He wanted to take him this summer but Marseille refused to sell," Heidersheid told the News of the World.

"Arsene has made it clear he wants to take him next year.

"Franck would very much like to join Arsenal because of Arsene, the style of football they play and because his very close friend from the France team, Thierry Henry, plays for them.

Shop for your favourite items from the new Reebok Womens range from the comfort of your home with 4thegame "I can categorically deny there is any agreement with Arsenal at this stage or even negotiations.

"These would have to take place in January at the earliest as we see how the season progresses with Marseille."

Myo_Swee
17-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Adding Ribery into Arsenal will put more competition in wide position...Imagine Ljunberg, Hleb, Rosicky, Walcott, all flying in games....Such breathtaking

mambang
17-10-2006, 01:04 PM
GUNNERS ALL THE WAY GUYS.....:cool:

mambang
17-10-2006, 01:09 PM
GUNNERS ALL THE WAY GUYS....:cool:

pilot2003
23-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi to all Gunners Fan.....
Got one lobang for u guys,my friend selling Gunner Jeresy(orignal) @ 70 each....any Gunners fan interested pls PM me.....tks...cheers;)

linnaohia1
25-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Me gunner since Liam Brady, Graham Rix days..

Bro pilot2003, u sure the Jerseys are original, numbered?, names?

BTW any bros got contact or know how to get tickets to Arsenal home matches ..

pilot2003
25-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Me gunner since Liam Brady, Graham Rix days..

Bro pilot2003, u sure the Jerseys are original, numbered?, names?

yah,bro...the jerseys confrim is original....no numbered and names....u k pm me for more details

FA-22 Raptor
26-10-2006, 01:47 PM

You can book online at www.arsenal.com

linnaohia1
26-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Tks Bro, buy I hv been to their web site. But nowadays, cannot buy 2 tickets for their hospitality. Before Emirates stadium, you can 2 tickets for hospitality.
So just wondering maybe some Arsenal fan club or something in Spore can can tics.

linnaohia1
02-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Another blank for Gunners. Haiz ...

Kyser Soze
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Seems like The Gunners are still not used to Emirates Stadium. :o Hopefully we can perform better in this week's EPL match away against West Ham.:D

linnaohia1
02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Hehe bro, I tot got no Arsenal supporters liao ...
Yday, plain unlucky lah ... our time of glory will definitely come ...

DeKuip
03-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Hehe bro, I tot got no Arsenal supporters liao ...
Yday, plain unlucky lah ... our time of glory will definitely come ...

Dont worry bro... me Arsenal fan oso.. Wait for van Persie freekick, many still to come. :D

oyu2
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
have to wait until tmr for the game, sian :cool:

linnaohia1
04-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Hehe, from across the causeway .... YO.

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Argggggggggggggggh :mad:

curiosityz
06-11-2006, 02:43 AM
gunner lost 1-0 to hammers. shocking but true...

absolut
06-11-2006, 07:31 AM
You should've been at Elizabeth Pub. Whole place went silent...

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 07:49 AM
The only consolation is Chkski lost 2-1 to spurs ....

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Nice results... these kind of result should be. Do u guys notice almost all home team won? I feel fair enuff for the ppls who went to see the team they support and won.

So bros, when is the next gunners game? Are they playing home? Must punt big big liao. :p

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Tks bro DeKuip, btw midweek wed against Everton (Carling Cup), and BIG MATCH on Sunday against Liverpool (EPL).

Cannot afford to lose to LFC, if not liao .....

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Tks bro DeKuip, btw midweek wed against Everton (Carling Cup), and BIG MATCH on Sunday against Liverpool (EPL).

Cannot afford to lose to LFC, if not liao .....

Liverpool??!! Thanks for telling me the real name of this club!!! I have always tot this club name is CheeByePool.. kekeke.

Wah.. face Everton next game, very good... at least Gunners need to work hard for the win. :D

ah_gogo
06-11-2006, 04:16 PM
That penalty was robbed from arsenal. It was a clear one. Referee biased :confused:

absolut
06-11-2006, 04:27 PM
If you guys wanna soak in some Gunner atmosphere, come to Elizabeth Pub at Hotel Elizabeth for the home match against L.Pool.

If not wrong, wear Arsenal jersey can get a jug of beer at discount price, think it's $20++ la.

DeKuip
06-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Some1 zapped me for my cheebyepool remark.. hahaha, must be the Feyenoord betrayer Dirk Kuijt i think.

I dont understand why ppls cant see the humour of it... :rolleyes:

linnaohia1
06-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Haha Dekuip, aiyah, these peeps siao one, if all the different supporters go around zapping, liao all zap each other to moderation.... haiz..

Anyway, no problem lah, wats a couple of pts ....

Still sianz over the lost

DeKuip
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Haha Dekuip, aiyah, these peeps siao one, if all the different supporters go around zapping, liao all zap each other to moderation.... haiz..

Anyway, no problem lah, wats a couple of pts ....

Still sianz over the lost

Bro,

Just wanna create a supporters culture here mah.. what is nicer than a watch soccer weekend and tease around the next day? :p

linnaohia1
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Agree with you whole heartedly ..... but sometimes peeps here not matured enough lah.

yeeck
09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Feeling thick thick that this weekend Arsenal will win Liverpool. :cool:

linnaohia1
10-11-2006, 01:02 AM
Hehe Bro Y, I always have strong feelings that Gunners will win regardless of who they play ...:D

Anyway, against team that also wants to win, Arsenal will be given more space to fully showcase their superb passing skills .... sori pool supporters, Arsenal to win this weekend cruncher ....

avalon
12-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Arsenal vs Liverpool tonight at the Emirates. Tomas Rosicky is out due to hamstring injury.

My opinion - Gonna be a tight game, 1-1 or 2-1 to Arsenal. :)

linnaohia1
12-11-2006, 12:21 PM
:mad: no Arsenal will win .......

:D

yeeck
13-11-2006, 02:03 AM
ARSENAL 3 LIVERPOOL 0

CONGRATS!!!.....:D

weert
13-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Leading golascorer Henry not on form.... NO worries... the rest of the team steps in to help score. Is this the mark of a true champion? :D

GO ARSENAL!!!!

c0mawhite
13-11-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah! an arsenal thread. i supported them from 89/90. i watched them live once, caltex cup at kallang stadium. and i lost a pic of paul merson with boots or tie round his neck at changi airport, fukk that!:D

pilot2003
13-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi to all members,have some great offers for u guys
currently i have some Polo-tees which make by Nike(offcial sponser)for Man U & Arsenal),these Polo tees was bought in Europe by one of my friends,now my friend willing to let go @ $75-$65each...i have some Pic of the Polo tees...but i dun noe how to upload to this forum....any guys interested in the polo pls PM me....tks

Fire Fighter
14-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I knew we would have beaten Liverpool giving their poor away form. I thought that we will beat them 1-0 or 2-1 but to beat them 3-0 was a pleasant surprise.

pilot2003
15-11-2006, 06:37 AM
(http://imageshack.us)[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1117/arsenalhd9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)Hi to all members,have some great offers for u guys
currently i have some Polo-tees which make by Nike(offcial sponser)for Man U & Arsenal),these Polo tees was bought in Europe by one of my friends,now my friend willing to let go @ $75-$65each...i have some Pic of the Polo tees...but i dun noe how to upload to this forum....any guys interested in the polo pls PM me....tks

pilot2003
16-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Hi to all members,have some great offers for u guys

http://i15.tinypic.com/2s7j5h3.jpg

maila
16-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi, me also Arsenal supporter...:D

avalon
18-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Tonight Arsenal vs Newcastle. Gunners to win easily, 2-0? :D

jamez
18-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Arsenal alllllllllllllll the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tonight we'll thrash Newcastle @ least 3 goals clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been an Arsenal fan since JVC days!!!!!

linnaohia1
19-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Another misfiring day for Arsenal despite all the domination and possession.. haiz..

:(

curiosityz
19-11-2006, 01:23 AM
arsenal 1-1 to newcastle full time result

linnaohia1
19-11-2006, 09:26 AM
How come Chkski can get those solitary goal win, when they are not playing well ....
And Gunners still cant win when dominating like hell. hope our luck changes soon

maila
19-11-2006, 09:44 AM
:eek: So agonising to watch Gunners when they are playing lower rung teams ...
All the near misses ,

Sornporn
19-11-2006, 07:39 PM
This season don't expect much in EPL.

Haizz...:(

linnaohia1
19-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Hehe, Bro Sornporn, I'm not giving up on them yet ...... our time will come.

Gunner Forever

curiosityz
20-11-2006, 03:41 AM
if you have notice, arsenal has quite a no. of 1-1 result at their home this season...

maila
20-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Yep, and always hv to play catchup to salvage a point .... haiz

xianzation
20-11-2006, 10:24 AM
They haven't find the 'feel' in the new stadium just yet.
Having got used to Highbury they would need some time to adapt to the new home.
Hopefully they'll get it soon :)
We're playing well this season, attacking/dominating. Just that always can't get the ball in the net. Hope lady luck smile on us soon!
One unbeaten steak can send us back there together with ManU and Chelski, provided they drop points. So let's pray for the better :)

maila
22-11-2006, 08:39 AM
All hail Arsenal ......
3 - 1 to the Arsenal ..... Seems like Walcott is going to be beri influential in Arsenal's 06-07 season .... yeh ....

For a long time, tot it is going to be one of the 1 - 1 game ........

maila
26-11-2006, 09:47 AM
SIANZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ . lose to bogey team again ...:(

linnaohia1
30-11-2006, 07:55 AM
:( :eek:

Will be long and torturous season for gunners liao

killercafe
30-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Arsenal will do well in CL.
They are still a young team. Next few season they will be champions again

Gunners Rules

$|im
04-12-2006, 04:27 AM
cheers to arsenal in their 3-0 win over their london derby

maila
04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
A bit of reprieve for demolishing Spurs 3-0 even if goals are contentious ...
Hopefully this continue , lady luck smiling on Gunners again ????

seoul
17-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Arsenal scored two rapid-fire goals in the second half to erase a two-goal, earning a 2-2 draw with a spirited Portsmouth side at Emirates Stadium.

With the match destined to go to half-time at 0-0, Pompey snatched momentum and the lead in the 45th minute when Noe Pamarot nodded home after David Thompson had struck the post.

Then, two minutes into the second half, Matt Taylor hit a wonderful strike that dipped beyond Jens Lehmann to put Arsenal up against it at 2-0 down.

Arsene Wenger then sent on Emmanuel Adebayor to give the Gunners a spark and it paid off in the 58th minute when the Togo striker blasted home from Theo Walcott's pinpoint cross to cut the deficit in half.

Shortly thereafter, Adebayor had his hand in it again when he crossed into the area for Walcott, and then teenager then slid the ball to skipper Gilberto for a cool finish to level the matters.

Robin van Persie and Gilberto both later had chances to give Arsenal a dramatic come-from-behind victory, but they would settle for the point

ichibawa
17-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Yes a very exciting game ,too bad they cannot convert to a match winner. Credit got to go to portsmouth,they didi very well this season so far

23-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Well, initiately I thought siao liao during first half when portsmouth scored 2 goals. Some more, Henry bo play. I was so relieve when I see the blitz recovery of the 2 goals. :D

breaker
25-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Merry X'mas to all the gunner fans

suaveguy28
27-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Gunner thrash blackburn 6-2 and now win watford 2-1 all without Henry... WELL DONE!!!:D

l3atu
27-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Now, lets hope Arsenal overtakes arrogant Chao See....but please remain below Man.U.....:p

Tepenyaki Boyz
27-12-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree very much with bro suaveguy, if henry is around hor, guess the score will be worse man...:cool:

wishwell
28-12-2006, 04:22 AM
ARSENAL
RULEZ

linnaohia1
28-12-2006, 07:59 AM
We are on the way to overtake Chkski liao

maila
29-12-2006, 08:17 AM
On the road with Arsenal ....

l3atu
29-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Come on gunners !!!! Only 10 pts behind Chao See now !!! :D

l3atu
29-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Come on gunners !!!! Only 10 pts behind Chao See now !!! :D

suaveguy28
29-12-2006, 09:11 AM
ARSENAL
RULEZ

Hello bro wishwell... so long no see... where u go... didnt know u r gunner fans too....:D

CLee2
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi there Gunners supporters !!

The thread seems to be rather quiet lately.

What do you think are our chances against Liverpool in the FA Cup ? Arsenal seems to have a very poor AWAY record this season as compared to Liverpool's superb home record.

Hope Henry plays well against Pool.

maila
06-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Arsenal to beat Reds for sure.

soundworks
06-01-2007, 08:53 PM
To monitor odd and latest score try this www.sbobet.com
Login:gke16003 or gke16004 or gke16005 or gke16006
Password: 123456

Hope u enjoy!!

stephan
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Arsenal to beat Reds for sure.

ya very sure. Arsenal won 3-1!!! :D

maila
11-01-2007, 08:46 AM
6 - 3 thrashing of Reds ..... whoopeeeee

spotter542
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Nowadays the Gunners a bit siao siao.
They have beaten the Reds in 2 meetings with stunning score line :eek:
S. Gerrard & Co. having a terrible time right now.

All hail the Gunners ( hope they do not disappoint in 2007 ) :)

linnaohia1
13-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Hehe, today sure beat Blackburn .. bro Steph, know who to bet for ... :p

ah sex
16-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Arsenal go go go :)

suaveguy28
18-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi all bro,

Wat is the score u think when arsenal meet man utd this sunday? i hope arsenal to win 1-0..... and shut that asshole fuckgerson mouth :D

DeKuip
18-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi all bro,

Wat is the score u think when arsenal meet man utd this sunday? i hope arsenal to win 1-0..... and shut that asshole fuckgerson mouth :D

Minitored the odds changes i can see Arsenal will lose this game, hopefully till the match begin more punters will put they bets on MU... i really hope Arsenal will win this game, for me Arsenal all the way! :D

stephan
18-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Minitored the odds changes i can see Arsenal will lose this game, hopefully till the match begin more punters will put they bets on MU... i really hope Arsenal will win this game, for me Arsenal all the way! :D

u Arsenal supporter meh? mai k k hor! :mad:

maila
18-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Gunners will win all the way home and be top of EPL by May

suaveguy28
18-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Minitored the odds changes i can see Arsenal will lose this game, hopefully till the match begin more punters will put they bets on MU... i really hope Arsenal will win this game, for me Arsenal all the way!

Yo bro D-cup i hope arsenal can mantain their current form and if that happen they will win... :D

suaveguy28
18-01-2007, 12:54 PM

I also hope bro maila... but is abit difficult cause man utd and chelsea have to drop point also...:(

maila
18-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Never say never ..... GUNNER FOREVER

stephan
18-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Never say never ..... GUNNER FOREVER

why u sound like linnaohia1? :rolleyes:

maila
18-01-2007, 02:55 PM
why u sound like linnaohia1? :rolleyes:

We are brudders

Steadyman1
18-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I also hope bro maila... but is abit difficult cause man utd and chelsea have to drop point also...:(

Arsenal will win if Henry is playing and further to that Arsenal has won 1-0 during the away match on 17 Sept. On the other hand, Man U is very lucky this few matches and C. Ronaldo and Park are on form. Not forgetting Ronney has not been scoring for the past 7 matches.

So just buy 1, 2 goals as the changes of draw draw very likely.

So long not meet, what about this weekend??:)

hotestman272001
18-01-2007, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Steadyman1;1815031]Arsenal will win if Henry is playing and further to that Arsenal has won 1-0 during the away match on 17 Sept. On the other hand, Man U is very lucky this few matches and C. Ronaldo and Park are on form. Not forgetting Ronney has not been scoring for the past 7 matches.

So just buy 1, 2 goals as the changes of draw draw very likely.

QUOTE]

If the King play Arsenal will win... rooney sucks now... so only ronaldo is the threat... kill him like savage kill gilberto....:D

Cheri_Popper
19-01-2007, 01:40 AM

You really sound confidence! We are quite a few points behind. I think the best we can hope for this season is a 3rd or 4th place finishing. Chances of winning any titles will be with the FA Cup or League Cup and hopefully even the CL Cup.

suaveguy28
19-01-2007, 09:04 AM
You really sound confidence! We are quite a few points behind. I think the best we can hope for this season is a 3rd or 4th place finishing. Chances of winning any titles will be with the FA Cup or League Cup and hopefully even the CL Cup.

Ya bro cheri_popper.... than we will win tremble... and shut all those idiot mouth...:D

Cheri_Popper
19-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Ya bro cheri_popper.... than we will win tremble... and shut all those idiot mouth...:D

We have knocked out Liverpool in both the League and FA cup. So our chances in both cups are good.

wtf999
22-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Arsenal is fantastic!! henry once again scored with his head... i simply love arsenal!! 2-1 to arsenal!!

JWNY
22-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Arsenal is fantastic!! henry once again scored with his head... i simply love arsenal!! 2-1 to arsenal!!
On behalf of the Chelsea SBF bros...we love Arsenal too...:D

For a moment, i'd thought Rooney would put Manchester 9 points clear :eek:

JWNY

D-Generation-X
22-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice Win & Nice play by Arsenal. Hope they can maintain this form and chiong all the way.....

D-Generation-X
22-01-2007, 11:26 PM
A nice win & nice play by Arsenal...

Hope they are able to kept up the good work and also good from...

Chiong all the way....

Finn Balor
22-01-2007, 11:31 PM
A nice win & nice play by Arsenal...

Hope they are able to kept up the good work and also good from...

Chiong all the way....

Cheri_Popper
23-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Most of the time we played at our new Emirates Stadium, the opponents would score first and we had to scrabble to equalised and sometimes come from behind to win. So far we have been unbeaten at the Emirates Stadium but our home form is not that fanstactic either, Aston Villa, Everton, Boro and some other teams had escape with a draw. If we had won some of those instead of drawing, we would be right there with Chelsea and Man Utd. We had been beating the other tops teams like drawing away to Chelsea and beating Man Utd and Liverpool but its the lower teams that we had slipped up. I guess this is not the season for us to reclaimed our EPL Title. But give us a season or 2 to have the team together and have a better understanding, I reckon we will be a Force to be fear.

Among the top 4, Chelsea's team looks the strongest but some of their stars like ballack, Shevco, are not performing well together with the team. With Terry injured, their defence is suspected.

Liverpool well, they are not consistent enough and their team is undergoing rebuilding.

Man Utd had been performing very well. But they need to rebound back after this defeat by Arsenal if they are to win the EPL.

I am an Arsenal fan thru and thru but I am sincerely doubtful that we can win the EPL this season, we are still a massive 12 points adrift of the leaders, with 14 games left, although mathematically, it is still possible for us to win, it will take a spectacular loss of form from both Chelsea and Man Utd to let us back in the race and at the same time, we can't afford to drop a single point from the remaining games.

BTW....Its always a PLEASURE to beat MAN UTD and we did the double(Home & Away) over them this season. :D

suaveguy28
23-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Its true.... i doubt we can win the EPL this season cause we are building up a youth team and it takes time... man utd and chelsea has to lose continuous 3match and we won the three which is quite difficult.

But we have a good chance to witn a double or even tremble if we do well in the CUPS... Go Arsenal go....:D

stephan
23-01-2007, 09:37 AM
If Arsenal can keep the form now, which team can beat them??? I would expected Henry to contribute more and he definitely can score more, they will get 3 pts n 3 pts n 3 pts n .... :cool:

jamez
23-01-2007, 02:07 PM
If Arsenal can keep the form now, which team can beat them??? I would expected Henry to contribute more and he definitely can score more, they will get 3 pts n 3 pts n 3 pts n .... :cool:

.....n 3 pts n 3 pts n 3 pts n League Cup n FA Cup n Champion's League n make it a Quadruple this season :)

linnaohia1
23-01-2007, 04:23 PM

Hehe like I said Gunners Forever .....
Hmmm EPL champions ....

imom
23-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Congrats to bros in this thread - great comeback by the Gunners. Henry does it again.... Good weekend for teams wearing red playing against teams wearing blue! :p

Cheri_Popper
23-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Van Persie is out for 6 weeks are sustaining a broken bone on his right foot while scoring the equaliser against Man Utd.

Cheri_Popper
24-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Tonight we will be playing Spurs in the League Cup Semi-Final at White Hart Lane!

stephan
24-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Van Persie is out for 6 weeks are sustaining a broken bone on his right foot while scoring the equaliser against Man Utd.

Ya, he was get injured before Man U match, but surprisingly saw him step into the field and playing so well! :eek:

stephan
25-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Tonight we will be playing Spurs in the League Cup Semi-Final at White Hart Lane!

Fantastic Arsenal score 3 goals by JC Baptista!!! but resulted 2-2 :p

linnaohia1
25-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Fantastic Arsenal score 3 goals by JC Baptista!!! but resulted 2-2 :p

Hehe, and u make alot of $$$$ rite ...

spotter542
26-01-2007, 11:50 PM
The Beast is awesome :eek:

spotter542
28-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Hope the Gunners will continue their winning streak in the FA Cup !!

Victory ! :)

Cheri_Popper
29-01-2007, 03:11 AM
Yet again Bolton Wanderers has proven that they are our bogey team. They knocked us 1-0 out of the 4th Round FA Cup last year at The Reebok Stadium and now we have to go there this season again after a disappointing 1-1 draw at The Emirates Stadium. :(

We had yet again let the opponent score first in our Emirates Stadium. I have lost score of the matches that Arsenal let the opponents scored first. You can see as usual that we were not playing well and without much cause before Bolton scored in the 50th min. After that Arsenal stepped up a gear and was attacking for the rest of the game.

Fellow Gunners fans,
We were LUCKY to escape with a 1-1 draw. If the Bolton Keeper had not committed to a dive but rather had stayed on his feet in the goalmouth, it will be a routine save from Toure's header. Toure's header bounced off the ground and over the diving keeper. It was a lucky goal.

Now we have to go to The Reebok Stadium in 2 1/2 weeks' time. It is going to be tough as Bolton Wanderers has proven that they are our bogey team.

sssss
29-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Arsenal will make it!!:)