PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I have been discussing with some bros in the other Vietnam Thread about vietnamese life partners, their family and their way of life. i will think that its better for me to start a new thread on this than to hijack bro Lament's thread.

I will start by copying the few posts that has been discussed earlier in the other thread. I welcome more bros with vietnamese life partners to contribute to this thread. let's share our experience. :D

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM
By bro Torres Mok:

I think more and more singaporean men are marrying vietnamese gals,as compared to few years ago. I think mainly is due to many singaporean gals have set unrealistic requirements on selecting lifetime partners. because of this many men are looking for foreign gals.

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
My earlier answer to bro Torres Mok:

Until recently, singaporeans have the idea that those singaporean man that marry vietnamese gals are lowly educated, hold low paying jobs and are those that singaporeans ladies reject. This may be true many years ago. But nowadays, many highly educated singapore man are marrying vietnamese ladies. I know of a few post graduate degree holders who married vietnamese ladies. Many diploma and degree holders are also marrying vietnamese gals. I will not comment too much on singapore gals, but it seems that singapore man are finding it difficult to accept the behaviour of singapore ladies.

very often, i am mistaken to have `purchased' my vietnamese wife when i introduced my wife to them. I have to tell them that i was in saigon doing business when i met my wife. Sometimes i am angry with them, but often, i don't blame them as they do not know vietnam enuff. many singaporeans claimed that they know vietnam very well, but when u ask them some simple questions about vietnam, they cannot even answer. I was chatting with my long lost classmate some days ago. He claimed that he knows vietnam `pretty well' and told me that he has been there a few times already since 2000. So i asked him which part of vietnam he has been to, his answer was ` ehhh... ehhhh... ehhhh..... i think its Ho Chi minh city' Don't blame them, its typical singaporean.

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:12 PM
comment from bro oldcar:

Very informative! But I think if I have read all that a few month back before I come to Vietnam, I will still be doing all the stupid thing I don't in last few month. Some how knowing it does not immune you from not falling for them!!!! And money is sure a problem, there no limit to it. Once you with them, they want their whole family to be living like your standard of living. So it not few hundred, few thousand, the more you earn the more they need!!! Even my boss here have problem, his wife is vietnamese, and the company cash book he holding now is never balance. One day the HK boss know of it he will be out.

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
My comments:

Money is surely the biggest problem. Besides the normal monthly `pocket money' for the parents, there will be extra demand. This month will be the mother is sick and need money for medication, next month will be grandma's birthday and the month after next, the brother will want a new motorbike etc. The list is never ending. Vietnamese gals are sweet, their breast are warm, their suck will leave you dry.... but think of their other demands before you fall for them. It took me more than 2 years to convince my wife that her family is truely a burden to us and we should save more money for our children's education

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Question From Bro torres Mok:

I heard vietnamese gals will place their priority first for their family instead of their husbands or bfs, and I also heard they will not fall for a man at first sight?

SingViet
06-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Question From Bro torres Mok:

I heard vietnamese gals will place their priority first for their family instead of their husbands or bfs, and I also heard they will not fall for a man at first sight?

My answer to Bro Torres Mok question:

Its a widely accepted fact that vietnamese ladies place their family above their husbands. Every consideration is for their family first. But this can be changed thru time. Have lots of patience with your vietnamese wife and show her the correct way and correct thoughts. It may take some years, but eventually, i am sure that she will change and place you and your children first, above her family in vietnam.

I have gone thru the initial phase of marriage. During the 18 months of marriage, my wife placed her family above me and our children. Everything was for the mum, dad, brother, sister etc. Its frustrate me a lot. We argue almost every other day and i even thought of divorcing her. But for the sake of my children, i stayed on. I remember during our first trip back to singapore, my wife saw how singaporeans work so hard to earn a living. She saw how early my dad went to work. She started to realise that her family is really lazy. She didn't know before that foreigners slog so hard to earn a living. After that trip, her thinking started to change. I also explain to her about the different lifestyle and stress that singaporeans faced. Now, a few years later, my wife placed me and my children above her family.

As for falling for man during first sight, i am sure they do. But due to their hard life since young, they tend to fall for richer foreigners. You cannot blame them for placing wealth as top priority, but the reason why they want to marry out of vietnam is in search for a better life. A normal vietnamese village gal doesn't ask for much, just a man that loves her and can provide a simple life for her. You cannot imagine how hard is life in vietnamese province. Most of these provinces don't have drinking water and sanitary. They collect rain water in huge buckets for drinking, bathing etc. No proper roads but mud roads. This is how hard life is in the province. but of course, there are some better province like Can Tho, An giang and Vung Tau.

otamay
06-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Frankly, nobody can blame foir actions. Their country had been in wars for a long time even though they have enjoy peace finally for the last 25years. But not enough economic success to see through most of the general population. So they are trying to break out of the poverty trap by marrying into a distant unknown land and with no friends or relatives. Admire their courage to outroot themselves to a new strange land, so call the promised land. The only thing they know is that in the new abode, promise of a life will be luxurious if not at least better than what they are in now. Sometimes to think of their predicament, its quite pitiful. Luckily we lived in a land of abundance without any natural disasters, should bless our lucky stars that we are being born here. Just my frank opinion....;)

casannova03
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
hmmm interesting thread!! kudos to the thread starter!! was just contended to be a surfer till i saw this thread....haha y nevr ask bro lament to join in posting here he should be able to share some experience too haha!!

Anyway as mentioned in the earlier posts, it is 100% true that viet gals initially placed all their focus and attention on their family first. I too eperienced that and went thru some torrid time with my wifey due to this impt aspect.

However, after the birth of my baby, i went thru some bad patch and barely manage to survive ourself. During this period of time, i explain to my wife that for the past few occasions we were sending way too much money back to her family which were mainly for non-necessary things or reasons like buying new bike or handphone or whatever la!!

I pointed out to her that our cost of living here in Singapore is easily ten times or more than back in Vietnam and thats why they(her family ) have to learn how to live ten times lower the type of standard we have here. i am not being mean here by saying that they should just live like all the normal poor Viets. I mean i even built a 4-storey bungalow for her so you can see that i dun save on necessary things like a big house for her big family. But the thing is they DO NOT work and all they do is enjoy sit back relax and wait for "payday" sometimes twice monthly!!! where to find such a job????!!!

I told her that buy accomadating her family's requests, we aare in fact sending them a wrong msg that they can get whatever they want. all they have to do is to call and nag a few times and they will get it. So i told her we have to change it slowly but surely...

She saw my point and where i was coming from and till now we are slowly changing her family's spending habit. We only give back enough to pay the bills and for sufficient food. All luxury spending were stopped or rejected. Because my wife told them i was out of job and had to pay back compensation of over 80k sing dollars!! Guessed they saw the severity of the situation although it was not really that bad la...haha..

Now i implanted the idea of being self sufficient to my wofe who in turn told her family that. Some money have been sent back to start some small business like repairing motor and what naught. They cannot get rich but at least they are self sufficient and whatever they need they have to learn to save and get it themselves now...AND this definitely has lifted a HELL lot of pressure off me now..

well the situation is definitely getting better now.....gonna go back and check on where my money is being spent this chinese year haha...no la seriously its to bring my baby back to visit grandparents la
Any bro going back????

SingViet
07-01-2007, 08:51 AM
hmmm interesting thread!! kudos to the thread starter!! was just contended to be a surfer till i saw this thread....haha y nevr ask bro lament to join in posting here he should be able to share some experience too haha!!

Anyway as mentioned in the earlier posts, it is 100% true that viet gals initially placed all their focus and attention on their family first. I too eperienced that and went thru some torrid time with my wifey due to this impt aspect.

However, after the birth of my baby, i went thru some bad patch and barely manage to survive ourself. During this period of time, i explain to my wife that for the past few occasions we were sending way too much money back to her family which were mainly for non-necessary things or reasons like buying new bike or handphone or whatever la!!

I pointed out to her that our cost of living here in Singapore is easily ten times or more than back in Vietnam and thats why they(her family ) have to learn how to live ten times lower the type of standard we have here. i am not being mean here by saying that they should just live like all the normal poor Viets. I mean i even built a 4-storey bungalow for her so you can see that i dun save on necessary things like a big house for her big family. But the thing is they DO NOT work and all they do is enjoy sit back relax and wait for "payday" sometimes twice monthly!!! where to find such a job????!!!

I told her that buy accomadating her family's requests, we aare in fact sending them a wrong msg that they can get whatever they want. all they have to do is to call and nag a few times and they will get it. So i told her we have to change it slowly but surely...

She saw my point and where i was coming from and till now we are slowly changing her family's spending habit. We only give back enough to pay the bills and for sufficient food. All luxury spending were stopped or rejected. Because my wife told them i was out of job and had to pay back compensation of over 80k sing dollars!! Guessed they saw the severity of the situation although it was not really that bad la...haha..

Now i implanted the idea of being self sufficient to my wofe who in turn told her family that. Some money have been sent back to start some small business like repairing motor and what naught. They cannot get rich but at least they are self sufficient and whatever they need they have to learn to save and get it themselves now...AND this definitely has lifted a HELL lot of pressure off me now..

well the situation is definitely getting better now.....gonna go back and check on where my money is being spent this chinese year haha...no la seriously its to bring my baby back to visit grandparents la
Any bro going back????

I am happy to find one more bro sharing his experience about Vietnamese spouse. I too share the same tactic. My wife have been telling her family that our business is not doing well and we are very very tight financially. We feel that its better to let the family feel that we are poor, maybe poorer than them, so that they will not keep asking us for financial aid. Like that was said, they do not work and just wait there for PAY DAY. If got such good job, i also want.

About going back for New year, not me.... at least for this and next year. Maybe wait till 2009.

cscs
07-01-2007, 12:13 PM
My earlier answer to bro Torres Mok:

Until recently, singaporeans have the idea that those singaporean man that marry vietnamese gals are lowly educated, hold low paying jobs and are those that singaporeans ladies reject. This may be true many years ago. But nowadays, many highly educated singapore man are marrying vietnamese ladies. I know of a few post graduate degree holders who married vietnamese ladies. Many diploma and degree holders are also marrying vietnamese gals. I will not comment too much on singapore gals, but it seems that singapore man are finding it difficult to accept the behaviour of singapore ladies.

very often, i am mistaken to have `purchased' my vietnamese wife when i introduced my wife to them. I have to tell them that i was in saigon doing business when i met my wife. Sometimes i am angry with them, but often, i don't blame them as they do not know vietnam enuff. many singaporeans claimed that they know vietnam very well, but when u ask them some simple questions about vietnam, they cannot even answer. I was chatting with my long lost classmate some days ago. He claimed that he knows vietnam `pretty well' and told me that he has been there a few times already since 2000. So i asked him which part of vietnam he has been to, his answer was ` ehhh... ehhhh... ehhhh..... i think its Ho Chi minh city' Don't blame them, its typical singaporean.

I fully agreed with you. Some so claim visit there many time is just happen to be there for a tour. Hardly understand Vietnam in full.

raiders
07-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Any bro going back????

Hey brother, I'll be going back with my gf to visit her parents near CNY. Will stay in Saigon for a day for transit on the 11th of Feb. When will you be in VN?

SingViet
07-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey brother, I'll be going back with my gf to visit her parents near CNY. Will stay in Saigon for a day for transit on the 11th of Feb. When will you be in VN?

Yo bro,

Going to your gf's province during CNY is HIGH EXPENSE leh. This is from a few years of experience. You better prepare lots of 50,000 VND and 100,000 VND notes on standby. Basically, you will become their GOD OF FORTUNE. If you are lucky, only half the village will come meet you. :D I remember my first CNY in my wife's province, i spent more than S$700. But of course, it included lots of ang pao and also buying things for my in-laws. (amount excluded ang pao to my parents-in-law and also transportation cost). If you plan to rent a car to go the province, you better ask your gf to book the car now. If too late, no car for rental. Depending on how far is your gf's province, the car rental cost can be up to S$200 or more.

Sha_Gua75
07-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Reporting In!!!! :D

But Nothing To Share SO Far....Not Yet Married :p

raiders
07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Yo bro,

Going to your gf's province during CNY is HIGH EXPENSE leh. This is from a few years of experience. You better prepare lots of 50,000 VND and 100,000 VND notes on standby. Basically, you will become their GOD OF FORTUNE. If you are lucky, only half the village will come meet you. :D I remember my first CNY in my wife's province, i spent more than S$700. But of course, it included lots of ang pao and also buying things for my in-laws. (amount excluded ang pao to my parents-in-law and also transportation cost). If you plan to rent a car to go the province, you better ask your gf to book the car now. If too late, no car for rental. Depending on how far is your gf's province, the car rental cost can be up to S$200 or more.

Yo brother, I know must spend some money during this trip. But dont't worry too much. Her parents knows Im not rich ma. :D Her province is a more well to do one (As I was typing this, my gf told me her province is a CITY, not a province) And for a family who can spend about 25k to send her here to Singapore to study, I dont think they are the needy type.

SingViet
07-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Yo brother, I know must spend some money during this trip. But dont't worry too much. Her parents knows Im not rich ma. :D Her province is a more well to do one (As I was typing this, my gf told me her province is a CITY, not a province) And for a family who can spend about 25k to send her here to Singapore to study, I dont think they are the needy type.

Bro, U are one lucky chap. :D

SingViet
07-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Reporting In!!!!

But Nothing To Share SO Far....Not Yet Married

You also one lucky chap... student gf. For other bros, If your gf is vietnamese student in singapore, then you have nothing much to worry. :D

raiders
07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Bro, U are one lucky chap. :D

Brother, what business do u do in VN? I would like to start a small business in her hometown a few years down the road but has been wondering how much is the capital required. I wont be doing in HCM and Hanoi as I am sure the startup capital will be alot. Wondering if theres any good small business that can yield about SGD1k-2k a month?

GLHunter
07-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Brother, what business do u do in VN? I would like to start a small business in her hometown a few years down the road but has been wondering how much is the capital required. I wont be doing in HCM and Hanoi as I am sure the startup capital will be alot. Wondering if theres any good small business that can yield about SGD1k-2k a month?

bro, hope u r planning to manage tis biz urself. i think not advisable to set it up then run by ur partner's family or relative, coz money really able to bring out the dark side of human, even with blood ties.. u know what i mean..
chok dee.. ;)

raiders
07-01-2007, 03:34 PM
bro, hope u r planning to manage tis biz urself. i think not advisable to set it up then run by ur partner's family or relative, coz money really able to bring out the dark side of human, even with blood ties.. u know what i mean..
chok dee.. ;)

Oh yes, I want ti manage it myself. I have plans to re-locate to her hometown. Cant stand the life in Singapore. Job wise, I dont think i can find 1 that pays me 1-2k a month. Thats why Im thinking of saving up and starting a small business there.

Sha_Gua75
07-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Singapore to study, I dont think they are the needy type.

OoOoO...Same Boat...Your GF Study Where? Maybe Same School :rolleyes:

GLHunter
07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh yes, I want ti manage it myself. I have plans to re-locate to her hometown. Cant stand the life in Singapore. Job wise, I dont think i can find 1 that pays me 1-2k a month. Thats why Im thinking of saving up and starting a small business there.

i also thinking of relocating to thailand, but maybe 10~20 yrs later after i saved more $. will be able to lead a better life if armed with more sing dollars.. must make sure your reserves are enough. the more u saved the more advantage u have over the locals. after that then its a level game liao.

SingViet
07-01-2007, 04:27 PM

Bro,

Firstly, you got to know which part of vietnam your gf is in. Different cities have different specialities. For example. Vung Tau City is next to the sea and maybe starting something related to water sports or the sea will be appropriate. I have been in Vietnam for some years but has shifted back to Singapore around 6 months ago due to children's education. But i still fly HCM every month.

The start up cost for different business is different. I still remember when i started my Frog Leg business in HCM. Simple eatery already cost me nearly 6K USD. Do your homework well first before investing. Doing business in Vietnam is very much different from Singapore. :D

SingViet
07-01-2007, 04:30 PM
chok dee.. ;)

I totally agree with Bro GLHUNTER on this. manage the business by yourself and be there everyday. You will not know how difficult it is to manage your wife's relatives till you marry her and stay together. Your wife will disallow you to confront her relatives even though u know he has taken money from the business. :mad:

vkoolboi
08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
A few of my angmo customers married Vietnamese and Chinese and their wives allow themselves to participate in swinging. Since you are an expert in Vietnam, have you come across this type of thing. I only heard about it from my colleagues, don't know if it is true but I met the sexy wives of the angmo before. Their dressing all quite sexy.:) See already very buay tahan.

SingViet
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
A few of my angmo customers married Vietnamese and Chinese and their wives allow themselves to participate in swinging. Since you are an expert in Vietnam, have you come across this type of thing. I only heard about it from my colleagues, don't know if it is true but I met the sexy wives of the angmo before. Their dressing all quite sexy.:) See already very buay tahan.

Personally, i don't like ang mohs. That's why i call them SWM (Stupid White Man). I have not come across this type of thing and will not participate too. :mad:

vkoolboi
08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I heard that there is quite a big community of ang mohs into this. This mean that their asian wives, Chinese and Vietnamese are participating in this. I also don't like them bullying our asian women.

Personally, i don't like ang mohs. That's why i call them SWM (Stupid White Man). I have not come across this type of thing and will not participate too. :mad:

casannova03
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM

Well, i am going back on the 3rd day of chinese after all the visits in singapore are done with ...haha i think that's the 20th of feb...

And about going back during chinese new year with ur GF....well like what bro singviet mentions, you better bring more money....haha....a foreigner visiting them means that christmas has come again and you the Santa Claus!!! haha

poor analogy i know but i think you see my point yeah?? Her family might be rich but i dun think you wanna give an impression that you are stingy, to her parents... remember they are observing you cos you might just be their son-in-law....like always first impression counts...so i mean better be prepared than not.

See the situation, if her parents are the ones giving all the ang pows, let them bask in glory and stay out of the limelight....save also..haha if you seem to notice that they are watching your distribution then u better have more prepared ...hahaha!!!

I reiterate, its not to show off but FIRST impression is very very impt...So just be prepared la...dun let yourself into a situation where you wanna find a place to hide...

Cheers!

casannova03
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
well, thanks to all the bros who upped me... was just sharing my exp and hope it helps some other bros out there... Thanks!

SingViet
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
well, thanks to all the bros who upped me... was just sharing my exp and hope it helps some other bros out there... Thanks!

I actually got PM from a number of Singaporean guys with Viwt wife or Gf. They shared with me their experience in PM, but is too shy to share it on the main forum. No worries. But i will hope that more bros will be willing to share their experiences openly. :D

ssilverzoommer
11-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Bro Singviet, sorry for asking stupid question:o as i am also thinking of marrying a viet. Do they speak well versed chinese? If not, might have com problem with me & my family.

SingViet
11-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Bro Singviet, sorry for asking stupid question as i am also thinking of marrying a viet. Do they speak well versed chinese? If not, might have com problem with me & my family.

There are actually quite a number of vietnamese learning to speak mandarin in Vietnam. If you got your gal thru the marriage agency, they will normally send the gals for basic mandarin courses for around 2 to 3 months. They should understand and speak basic mandarin. One thing to note is that normal vietnamese don't really prounce mandarin words well. They speak like they have some saliva in their mouth :D My wife speaks basic mandarin when i met her some years ago. But thru the years with me, she picked up more. My family can understand her 70% of the time, although sometimes my parents have no idea what my wife is talking about.

Another way is for you to choose vietnamese chinese spouse. Normally, vietnamese chinese speaks cantonese and they speak well. I have come across a fellow singaporean who married a vietnamese chinese gal. He communicates with his wife via cantonese.

Actually sometimes its better for your family to understand half of what your wife is speaking about, it reduces the chances for friction :D

casannova03
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Hmmm, i too received Pm from one bro....well well well... guys its ok to not know and to face problems when you have vietnamese gf or wifves... Come on be proud of it and dun be shy to share withh everyone your problems.... we can give suggestions collectivelly on the forum. It is definitely better than asking just me or just bro singviet cos the experience of all bros here will make sure the chances of us helping you higher!!

So dun be shy....just share it!!!

chanyboy
12-01-2007, 08:51 AM
Bro SingViet & Cassanova have been very encouraging in sharing. Having Viet gf is not easy, it seems - not easier as having Sg/MY/PRC gfs : all the same!! It all surrounds the $ issue, sometimes it gets very frustated & disturbed by all these relationship that builds on $ value.

We are not all rich people, everyone works hard to earn - some may earn good & well-off but not rich - as a single person.

I'm not sure why the constant asking for $ to send home - build new house, bro requires University fees (hey, isn't the bro as a man in the house should be responsible for the family?), Dad needs money (hey, isn't he's the man of the house and be responsible for providing?), Mum nagging to help dad with money (what the fuck!). Why does the gals have to respond & be responsible to provide? I cannot understand this mindset.

Over this part of the whole, the guys have to provide, have to work hard & have to look after the parents - there seems to be the other way round? Can I take up Viet citizenship :-) ? Better right..:confused:

vkoolboi
12-01-2007, 10:22 AM
I think the foreigners married S'poreans because of the perceived financial ability. I can be wrong, but for those in the marraige agency, I think they marry to seek a better life for themselves and their family.

If you want to marry them, I supposed there is some "agreement" that you will help the family financially too. I don't dare to marry foreign demure woman because I don't earn much and cannot provide much. Marriage agency in Singapore that intro Vietnamese woman will charge me $14K, inclusive of honeymoon, fees, dowry, etc. It will deplete a lot of my savings and I think I could be better off not marrying a Vietnamese woman. This is purely my personal views.

Sha_Gua75
12-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Marriage agency in Singapore that intro Vietnamese woman will charge me $14K

Fly over there yourself to find on your own then? Personally i have find one there a decent nice girl who never ask for money and earn higher than normal girl in HCMC but in the end I left...:o

ssilverzoommer
12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
There are actually quite a number of vietnamese learning to speak mandarin in Vietnam. If you got your gal thru the marriage agency, they will normally send the gals for basic mandarin courses for around 2 to 3 months. They should understand and speak basic mandarin. One thing to note is that normal vietnamese don't really prounce mandarin words well. They speak like they have some saliva in their mouth :D My wife speaks basic mandarin when i met her some years ago. But thru the years with me, she picked up more. My family can understand her 70% of the time, although sometimes my parents have no idea what my wife is talking about.

Another way is for you to choose vietnamese chinese spouse. Normally, vietnamese chinese speaks cantonese and they speak well. I have come across a fellow singaporean who married a vietnamese chinese gal. He communicates with his wife via cantonese.

Actually sometimes its better for your family to understand half of what your wife is speaking about, it reduces the chances for friction :D

Truth. communication is very important. Btw marriage agency has viet chinese gals as well. like that no need worry so much abt com & friction.

7udtdvr
12-01-2007, 12:02 PM
hi all bros what your think when your viet's wife said we must bear all the expences while she is also working and saving almost 100% $ from her pay

ssilverzoommer
12-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I think the foreigners married S'poreans because of the perceived financial ability. I can be wrong, but for those in the marraige agency, I think they marry to seek a better life for themselves and their family.

If you want to marry them, I supposed there is some "agreement" that you will help the family financially too. I don't dare to marry foreign demure woman because I don't earn much and cannot provide much. Marriage agency in Singapore that intro Vietnamese woman will charge me $14K, inclusive of honeymoon, fees, dowry, etc. It will deplete a lot of my savings and I think I could be better off not marrying a Vietnamese woman. This is purely my personal views.

Bro nowsaday 5 to 10K can include everthing liao:D

SingViet
13-01-2007, 04:03 PM
i was walking around Golden Mile the other day, checking out the vietnamese gals at the marriage agencies. After hearing so much about them, couldn't help but to take a peep. To Singaporean man, these gals at the marriage agencies are supposed to be simple province gals. But to my surprise finding, they are modernly dressed and have good make up and dress sense. They dress in tight tops and jeans, showing off their curvy figures. I even saw a few big busted and modern looking vietnamese gals. From my experience, these are surely not direct from the province. They should have been in the city for sometime.

`Anh Oi' called out a lady who has just walked out of the ladies restroom. I turned back and saw someone familiar. YES!! she's someone i used to know in HCM City. To better surprise, i spent one night with her before in 2003 in HCM City. She's one of the ladies i picked up at one of the massage palour in 2003 in HCM City. Can't blame the marriage agency on this, they also do not know the gal's background. They depend solely on the Vietnamese middle man. So bros, you got to be more careful when picking a bride, unless you are not bothered about her being very skillful on the first day of marriage :D

KangTuo
14-01-2007, 02:03 AM
I have no idea if my Viet g/f will ever be my life partner…

I met my gal at JC Cherry last July. It was her 1st time in Sillypore. I met her on her 3rd day of work and subsequently have been buying her dinner and sending her to work, sometimes send her home or bring her out after her work. On her 11th day, she was caught in a raid, but she never tell me at all. Dunno why the ICA is good enuff for her to stay till her 14th day and not deporting her back. On the very day she left, I never send her off. She left alone… heartbroken w/o me noticing it.

She promised me that she will be back in three weeks time. But on the very day she supposed to come back Sillypore, she spill the beans and tell me everything thru hp sms. She is banned from coming into Sillypore for 3 years. On hearing that, my reaction should have been “its just another Viet WL in JC, time to look for another target”. But that was not my reaction…I was sadden by the news, I never give her up but rather i keep in contact with her. I promised her that I will go and look for her in December I fulfilled my promise and went Vietnam to tour and also see her from 23rd to 31st Dec. After coming back from Vietnam, we contact each other more. I setup a msn account for her in Vietnam, taught her to use it. Now nearly every night after her work, we will chat in msn.

My friends have been finding it funny for me to continue contacting this Viet gal for so long and still fly to Vietnam to see her.

Friend: “She don’t even know how to speak or write English/Chinese, You only know how to read a bit of Viet but dun really know how to speak Viet… got communication problem leh”
ME: “she is now taking up English lesson 3 times a week, and I intend to pick up proper Viet language lesson… anyway communicate less means less argument”

Friend: “she is just a plain jane and not very pretty type. There are a lot more chio and sexy Viet gals who can satisfy you...party animal”
ME: “I sense that her heart is good… sense that she is a good girl, she is still lookable lah...if she put on make up she look nice wat. Yap, there is alot of sexy babes, but they are just for ONS and fling.”

Friend: “She come Sillypore to work in JC before leh…..may go lam tinh many times liao.. you still want such gal meh”
ME: “I belief that she come here work becoz she see her friend can earn so much in Sillypore and she wanted to release the burden off her parents. I belief that she never go lam tinh to earn money, just sit and chat with customer or let so guys touch touch only…I belief she is a good girl”

Friend: “She maybe working in same line in Viet and you dun know”
ME: “she told me she works in shopping center as sales girl. She actually knows that working in massage parlor can earn more money, but her parents and me will be unhappy, so she rather earn less than let people around her be sad….I belief her”

Sorry for the super long story/post..... just hope that bro out there can help me understand what i am going thru and what i will face if i continue this relationship...thanks

SingViet
14-01-2007, 08:27 AM

I met my gal at JC Cherry last July. It was her 1st time in Sillypore. I met her on her 3rd day of work and subsequently have been buying her dinner and sending her to work, sometimes send her home or bring her out after her work. On her 11th day, she was caught in a raid, but she never tell me at all. Dunno why the ICA is good enuff for her to stay till her 14th day and not deporting her back. On the very day she left, I never send her off. She left alone… heartbroken w/o me noticing it.

She promised me that she will be back in three weeks time. But on the very day she supposed to come back Sillypore, she spill the beans and tell me everything thru hp sms. She is banned from coming into Sillypore for 3 years. On hearing that, my reaction should have been “its just another Viet WL in JC, time to look for another target”. But that was not my reaction…I was sadden by the news, I never give her up but rather i keep in contact with her. I promised her that I will go and look for her in December I fulfilled my promise and went Vietnam to tour and also see her from 23rd to 31st Dec. After coming back from Vietnam, we contact each other more. I setup a msn account for her in Vietnam, taught her to use it. Now nearly every night after her work, we will chat in msn.

My friends have been finding it funny for me to continue contacting this Viet gal for so long and still fly to Vietnam to see her.

Friend: “She don’t even know how to speak or write English/Chinese, You only know how to read a bit of Viet but dun really know how to speak Viet… got communication problem leh”
ME: “she is now taking up English lesson 3 times a week, and I intend to pick up proper Viet language lesson… anyway communicate less means less argument”

Friend: “she is just a plain jane and not very pretty type. There are a lot more chio and sexy Viet gals who can satisfy you...party animal”
ME: “I sense that her heart is good… sense that she is a good girl, she is still lookable lah...if she put on make up she look nice wat. Yap, there is alot of sexy babes, but they are just for ONS and fling.”

Friend: “She come Sillypore to work in JC before leh…..may go lam tinh many times liao.. you still want such gal meh”
ME: “I belief that she come here work becoz she see her friend can earn so much in Sillypore and she wanted to release the burden off her parents. I belief that she never go lam tinh to earn money, just sit and chat with customer or let so guys touch touch only…I belief she is a good girl”

ME: “she told me she works in shopping center as sales girl. She actually knows that working in massage parlor can earn more money, but her parents and me will be unhappy, so she rather earn less than let people around her be sad….I belief her”

Sorry for the super long story/post..... just hope that bro out there can help me understand what i am going thru and what i will face if i continue this relationship...thanks

Bro,

Sorry if i am going to sound discouraging. My few years in vietnam has seen me meeting up a few forum bros who face the same problem as you and they also visited the viet gal in vietnam.

Firstly, she has been banned from coming back to Singapore for 3 years. So this means that you can forget about marrying her for the next 3 years in Singapore. Even after 3 years, its very difficult for her to get any pass to stay in Singapore as she's black listed. If she tells you that she can change passport, you can also forget it as ICA uses finger print system now, there';s no way to hide.

Secondly, i find it difficult to believe that you actually believe that she will work as sales gal in Vietnam? Do you know how much a sales gal earn in Vietnam? She can be very lucky if she can earn around 1 million VND a month, which is S$100. Since she has come to Singaopore to work before as working lady, it means that she and her family are in need of money. Will she really forsake the prospect of earning 10 to 12 million VND a month (S$1000 to $1200) to work as sales gal? You think for yourself.

Thirdly, you believe that she never go lam tinh in Singapore with other customers? How much can she earn by just chatting with customers? $50 to $60 a night? If she just want to earn $50 a night, she might as well stay in Vietnam. Let's take for example, she earns $50 a night and she's here for 2 weeks (14 days), after 14 days her earnings will only be S$700. Minus off her air ticket of US$200 ($200 x 1.55= $310), she will only earn S$390. No need to eat and room rental? Such small sum of money can be easily earned in Ho Chi minh City. Bro, don't be blinded by sex, If she can lam tinh with you, she will surely lam tinh with other customers.

Bro, i have seen too many Singapore man kanna conned by these Joo Chiat working gals. And the way they use to con Singapore man never changes. Its always the same old tricks. Wake up and think with your brains, not with your small bro. I may sound rude and discouraging, but these are truths that i have seen. :(

Ed_lanjiaolover
14-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for all the Info. Recently i am inlove with a Viet i know @ JC

Sha_Gua75
14-01-2007, 12:20 PM
How much can she earn by just chatting with customers? $50 to $60 a night?

I see a pro b4 in 51 earn $120 within 30 mins leh....How I know is becos she pass me the money to keep...she did go for lam tinh but at night she never go wor....not during that 30 mins...but that $120 confirm just for sitting around... :D

siambee
14-01-2007, 12:25 PM
very agree with the above statement by sing/viet. even my thai girl in sg also telling me that there is nothing to hide as she come sg to work for one issue, to earn as much as possible. doing this line of service still act virgin will sure die young. even if they managed to find a tirak ( esp old man ), they will still do side line as to increase their earning.

Osama
14-01-2007, 12:41 PM

I think it's unrealistic for you to have this belief that she is still this pure innocent gal. If you intend to carry on this relationship, you must be prepared and able to accept she is doing or might have done or else this will never work.

I'm not saying that it can't be true...NOBODY can...there might be ppl who tell you that they have seen them all...but NOBODY can be say that they are 100% sure unless they have seen with their own eyes or things like that. Anything else will be based on stereotypes and PERSONAL experiences.

PERSONALLY I feel that this sex thing is more of a mind set. Guess we are still not "open" enough. In the west, guys are willing to share their gf with their buddy and all sorts of funny stuff they can think of. Remember the recent case where WLs were being killed in England?? One of their BF came out and said that he will shoot the killer himself. Yes...ppl will say these gals have no morals and things like that....but how many of us guys go to work every day giving up our diginity...moral...just to make a living?? How often must give up our self respect just to please the bosses...the cilents...lie and do whatever it takes to clinch a deal...to earn that commission...I'm sure what I have just said can be argued till the end of time but I'm going to leave it as that...as these are just my own PERSONAL opinions and I'm not going to force it down your or anybody's throat.

Thus you have to ask yourself, are you able to handle the ugly truth should there be any. Are you able to accept that she might have traded the only thing she have for money?? There are husbands here who F a different gal every week and can still say that "Oh...I have sex with them...but I make love to my wife because I only love her." Guys might find this kind of behaviour acceptable...like I said it's all about mindset. If you read the earlier posts...you will realise that the burden these young gals have might be something which even us have not experienced when we were their age. If you can and is willing to accept because you two really "love" each other...then I say go right ahead!! Like any relationship...there is no certainty. Your pure SG GF might 1 day meet a richer guy and dump you as well. Just approach it with caution...never put in a 100%...do everything within your limit and you will be safe.

Of course there's always a chance that she is just out for your money....and all that kind of stuff...go look around the forum...these kind of opinions are everywhere BUT if you look carefully...these kind of opinions always come from the same group of "elites". The people who have seen EVERYTHING. Do take what you see in this forum as only a guideline and make your own judgements. You might think you have seen what ALL the men in SG have experienced...but in fact..these are only the experiences of what 1000...5000 ppl?? And the handful of ppl who actively post their same opinion over and over again.

Sorry to the threadstarter if this post is a little off topic...but everytime I see stereotypes and 1 sided opinions...I will have this urge to stick my nose in...:o I'm sure you guys will do the same thing if some gals started a thread and say "ALL guys in singapore are unromantic...don't know how to please a woman like an ang mo." and it's because these handful of gals...met what...50...100 SG guys who are like that...and they try to tell the gals who read the thread that what they say applies to ALL SG guys!!

raiders
14-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi all, been reading so much about the experience of brothers here. I find it very strange that .Singapore men kept looking for GF/wife/love in Joo Chiat, pubs or even marriage agencies. Its so cheap to travel to Vietnam now. Just spend 1-2k, take a plane stay there for a few weeks, visit those provinces and Im sure by the end of the trip, you can have a few good girls to choose from.

Alot of brothers like to find love in JC. Lets be realistic. Once these girls knew how easy it is to earn money using their bodies, can they still accept a common life? There is a Chinese saying, " In a gambling den, there is no family ties even between father and son. In a brothel, there is no true love"

There are also alot of brothers spending alot of unneccessary money on Marriage Agencies. In my opinion, many girls (not all, I repeat, MANY)from these agencies are those who have "seen it all, done it all" types. Again, put yourself in the shoes of these girls. If you are really simple minded, pure and innocent, will you take the risk of leaving your family and go overseas, stay there and face the risk of being taken out by men on the pretext of "Testing the marriage"? For me, I won't.

It is really not difficult to just take a plane and go to Vietnam to live for a few weeks. If anyone is genuinely interested, just ask a few of the brothers here, they will share loads with you. And of course, like what brother Singviet mentioned, dont asked those people who said they have been to VN many times but when asked, can only mention ho Chi Minh as the destination. Ask those who are seasoned travellers in Vietnam.

KangTuo
14-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SingViet

Bro,

Sorry if i am going to sound discouraging. My few years in vietnam has seen me meeting up a few forum bros who face the same problem as you and they also visited the viet gal in vietnam.

Firstly, she has been banned from coming back to Singapore for 3 years. So this means that you can forget about marrying her for the next 3 years in Singapore. Even after 3 years, its very difficult for her to get any pass to stay in Singapore as she's black listed. If she tells you that she can change passport, you can also forget it as ICA uses finger print system now, there';s no way to hide.

Secondly, i find it difficult to believe that you actually believe that she will work as sales gal in Vietnam? Do you know how much a sales gal earn in Vietnam? She can be very lucky if she can earn around 1 million VND a month, which is S$100. Since she has come to Singaopore to work before as working lady, it means that she and her family are in need of money. Will she really forsake the prospect of earning 10 to 12 million VND a month (S$1000 to $1200) to work as sales gal? You think for yourself.

Thirdly, you believe that she never go lam tinh in Singapore with other customers? How much can she earn by just chatting with customers? $50 to $60 a night? If she just want to earn $50 a night, she might as well stay in Vietnam. Let's take for example, she earns $50 a night and she's here for 2 weeks (14 days), after 14 days her earnings will only be S$700. Minus off her air ticket of US$200 ($200 x 1.55= $310), she will only earn S$390. No need to eat and room rental? Such small sum of money can be easily earned in Ho Chi minh City. Bro, don't be blinded by sex, If she can lam tinh with you, she will surely lam tinh with other customers.

Bro, i have seen too many Singapore man kanna conned by these Joo Chiat working gals. And the way they use to con Singapore man never changes. Its always the same old tricks. Wake up and think with your brains, not with your small bro. I may sound rude and discouraging, but these are truths that i have seen.

Bro SingViet, indeed you sounds discouraging.

I have no intention to marry so soon, so waiting 3 years is okay for me. This will also allow me sometimes to find out more and understand her. If she cannot wait, that’s too bad. If I really wanna marry her, I may not get her to Singapore to marry. From my trip to Vietnam, I kind of like the place as it is more lay back. Hopefully my brother business has picked up and we will work there and stay there for good.

I choose to belief that she work as sales girl so that I will not worry too much. The mistake for this trip is that I never go to the shopping mall she work in to confirm whether its fact or fiction. She told me she earn $4,000,000 VND/mth..that is about S$400. She say to me before that she do wish to earn more money by working in massage parlor or come to Singapore to work, but everyone in the family disapprove and will be sad, including me. So she gave up the idea and simply worked in shopping mall.

From info I gather, some girls in JC and GL pubs do earn about $100-$150/night by just chatting up customer if they butterfly a lot and ask for tips quickly. 2 weeks stay in Sillypore can earn S$1400 minimum, minus off $200 lodging and $300 airticket, $100 on food, take back is still double (S$800)of what she earn in 1 month in Vietnam. Anyway she also never offers to lam tinh with me when she was here, so I believe she don’t lam tinh with customer. Not every Viet gal who comes here is to offer sex services….

Sometimes I am thinking if I am the one conning her or she is conning me. My gal always tell me not to go JC, but actually I still chiong paramaount, JC and KTV for pinoys and other sexy viet gals and big boobs and killer body. In fact I have 2 pinoys and 1 viet gal in still in Singapore who I am seeing. These 3 are only ‘sex object’. All 4 treat me like b/f and ong xa, but she is the only 1 who touched my heart…. I find and feel that she is a good girl, so I continue contacting her to see if there can be future development. I am not blinded by sex as her body and face does not appeal to me. She is plain looking and only A-cup. Its just that her heart is good. There are really more beautiful and sexy Viet gals easily available in Gossip/Valcano whom see already, 'bro' also stand….even one of the reception in DaiNam hotel.

Anyway I will be going HCM very often from now on…not only for her but also for my brother business… so I can take this opportunity to understand her before I make a decision.

Ps: talking about the receptionist in DaiNam ….young, single and available… father always rides her to and from work…speaks English very well…confirmed not a WL…hhhmmmm.

KangTuo
14-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Osama

I think it's unrealistic for you to have this belief that she is still this pure innocent gal. If you intend to carry on this relationship, you must be prepared and able to accept she is doing or might have done or else this will never work......

PERSONALLY I feel that this sex thing is more of a mind set. Guess we are still not "open" enough......

Thus you have to ask yourself, are you able to handle the ugly truth should there be any. Are you able to accept that she might have traded the only thing she have for money??.....

Bro Osama, I never think that she is a pure and innocent gal. I am prepared to accept that she did sleep with others (her previous b/f) before she knows me.... but I may not be able to accept that she trade sex for $. If i ever find out that she trade sex for $, i will defintely end the relationship.

Truthfully speaking, i am a horny guy who always goes JC/paramount/Ktv to hunt for gals and try to charm them into falling for me. I share the gals (excluding her) i managed to sian with my chiong kaki and buddies who are always my saliva and sperm brothers.

I know it is unfair for my viet gal.... but i am a guy who need love and sex. She give me love, other give me sex. Everyday eat fried rice also sian...sometime must change to eat noodle or porridge..

In another way, I dun know will she handle the ugly truth if she found out the real me.

All in all... she is still the only gal who touched my heart... the only gal who i find love in at the moment....

milfmilf
14-01-2007, 02:27 PM
It is really not difficult to just take a plane and go to Vietnam to live for a few weeks. If anyone is genuinely interested, just ask a few of the brothers here, they will share loads with you. And of course, like what brother Singviet mentioned, dont asked those people who said they have been to VN many times but when asked, can only mention ho Chi Minh as the destination. Ask those who are seasoned travellers in Vietnam.[/QUOTE]

May I know what to do during that few weeks stay in Vietnam in order to find sufficient targets and eventually someone that I will be genuinely interested?

ever check with the marriage agency about 2 years back if I can tag along one of their marriage tour to viet and go through the motion. The cost quoted was $3000+ for about 6 day stay.

Any bro plan to go vietnam to look for potiental wife? I would like to join in. At least to kick start else heading nowhere.

GLHunter
14-01-2007, 02:39 PM
May I know what to do during that few weeks stay in Vietnam in order to find sufficient targets and eventually someone that I will be genuinely interested?

ever check with the marriage agency about 2 years back if I can tag along one of their marriage tour to viet and go through the motion. The cost quoted was $3000+ for about 6 day stay.

Any bro plan to go vietnam to look for potiental wife? I would like to join in. At least to kick start else heading nowhere.[/QUOTE]

i think its good to form your own group to find it yourself. try forming a group here & see if have any vietnam dating website.

i found my thai gf online, met in bangkok, things went well till today. Things are better if you QC it yourself. Dun leave it to the marriage agency unless there is no way out, its meant for a lifetime. :)

SingViet
14-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Sorry to the threadstarter if this post is a little off topic...but everytime I see stereotypes and 1 sided opinions...I will have this urge to stick my nose in...:o I'm sure you guys will do the same thing if some gals started a thread and say "ALL guys in singapore are unromantic...don't know how to please a woman like an ang mo." and it's because these handful of gals...met what...50...100 SG guys who are like that...and they try to tell the gals who read the thread that what they say applies to ALL SG guys!!

Bro, no worries. I will think that this thread is not off topic as i am not sterotyping anything. I am just asking bros who have vietnamese wives to share their experience. We are discussing about GENERAL trends but of course, there are others that are on either side of the spectrum. Until recently, a few of us bros who have vietnamese wives are still discussing about some problems we faced, until it started to dirft to the JC gals topic. I have asked bros to share their experience and it should be all sided.

To be true, i have seen happy and blissful marriages between working gals in vietnam and singapore guys. But the difference in culture do give rise to this topic as bros share their experiences and try to give advise to other bros facing the same problem. I am not an ELITE and neither am I a person that knows EVERYTHING. I am just sharing my 4 years of experience in vietnam and my life with vietnamese spouse. This will be at least much more than another lao jiao forumer who thinks he knows EVERYTHING about Vietnam- HCM although he was just there for a year. (Look to the International Field Reports)

Thanks for taking the time to come into this thread and share your ideas and thoughts. Greatly appreciated Bro. Cheers

Torres_Mok
14-01-2007, 09:53 PM
i was walking around Golden Mile the other day, checking out the vietnamese gals at the marriage agencies. After hearing so much about them, couldn't help but to take a peep. To Singaporean man, these gals at the marriage agencies are supposed to be simple province gals. But to my surprise finding, they are modernly dressed and have good make up and dress sense. They dress in tight tops and jeans, showing off their curvy figures. I even saw a few big busted and modern looking vietnamese gals. From my experience, these are surely not direct from the province. They should have been in the city for sometime.

`Anh Oi' called out a lady who has just walked out of the ladies restroom. I turned back and saw someone familiar. YES!! she's someone i used to know in HCM City. To better surprise, i spent one night with her before in 2003 in HCM City. She's one of the ladies i picked up at one of the massage palour in 2003 in HCM City. Can't blame the marriage agency on this, they also do not know the gal's background. They depend solely on the Vietnamese middle man. So bros, you got to be more careful when picking a bride, unless you are not bothered about her being very skillful on the first day of marriage

Is true that the gals at the golden mile tower wear quite sexy, they don't look like from the village. I ever went into the marriage agency, and hv a chat wif the agency boss. i ask the boss if these gals are virgins, the boss told me i hv to ask the gals myself! if going thru agency for marriage better go to vietnam personally. i think the agency at the pearl centre should be better one compared to golden mile, becos singaporean men will travel to vietnam to select potential brides that are working in the shoe factory.:cool:

raiders
14-01-2007, 11:44 PM

Any bro plan to go vietnam to look for potiental wife? I would like to join in. At least to kick start else heading nowhere.

Brother, there are many many things to do. Few weeks also not enough. Lets just divide VN in North (Hanoi), Central (Danang) and South (Ho Chi Minh). For example, if I decide to go to Central area. I can spend a few days in Danang and a few days in each of those neighbouring provinces. Those places includes Hue, Bana, Hoi An, Quang Ngai. Spend a few days in each province. You are sure to meet alot of girls. Where are the places in these cities to meet nice girls? Very simple. There are many cafes around Vietnam, many factories that produces hand make things for tourists (Hand make paintings, straw mats) If you see any girls you like, just approach them and say "HI" If they can speak some English, it is a good start. Take the chance to know them, invite them out for lunch or dinner. The 1st time might not be a single date with her. Maybe with her friends. But its a good start. How to proceed from there, Im sure you know. Just a word of advice. If you really like this girl, don't try to be naughty. Respect her and you will win her heart.

KangTuo
15-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SingViet
Until recently, a few of us bros who have vietnamese wives are still discussing about some problems we faced, until it started to dirft to the JC gals topic. I have asked bros to share their experience and it should be all sided.

Sorry bro, don't mean to drift to JC gals topic... its just that becoz i know my viet gf in JC. I am in two minds of whether this relationship is worth continuing, so i come here to seek advice and search for anwer.

I see that most bro with viet wife/gf faces problems with them asking to send $ back for this and that... Anyway from the day i know her, i already keep telling her that i am not a rich person and can only afford minimum things for her. I also tell her i save like crazy just to go vietnam to see her. Hope she is not after my $ afterall...i think i need to continue educating my gf about $.

Alot bro are saying that viet gal think of their parents/family before their husband/bf. Is it reallly true or just stereotyping? Will the new generation viet gal be different in their thinking?

3 reasons makes me wonder if she put me 1st before her family.

1) Because when i visited my gf for 8 days, she tell her family she goes Dalat with friends but infact she accompany me throughout my stay in HCM. She also bribed her younger sister to tell lies to her parents by lending her the motorcycle.

2) When i know my gf, she dun know English at all. But when i told her that she need to learn english to communicate with me, she took up english class 3 times a week. Now we are able to chat thru msn (cheapest way of keeping in touch) and speak mixture of english and viet.

3) 1st 3 days in Vietnam, i have been having lots of fun and spending alot with my buddies, when they return to Sillypore, my gf tries to save money for me by bringing me to cheaper eating house, bargaining for me when i buy things, looking for cheaper hotel for me...etc

ssilverzoommer
15-01-2007, 09:31 AM
It is really not difficult to just take a plane and go to Vietnam to live for a few weeks. If anyone is genuinely interested, just ask a few of the brothers here, they will share loads with you. And of course, like what brother Singviet mentioned, dont asked those people who said they have been to VN many times but when asked, can only mention ho Chi Minh as the destination. Ask those who are seasoned travellers in Vietnam.

Any bro plan to go vietnam to look for potiental wife? I would like to join in. At least to kick start else heading nowhere.[/QUOTE]

I am planning to go over maybe after CNY with one friends through a agency but it not comfirmed yet, roughly budget as below:

Whole package : $5K wo wedding dinner & 10K w everything
Ang Pao : $200~500 for the gals family members
Gold : Standard 四点金
Gals Checkup : Included (check virginity)
Duration : 5 days
Group of 2 to 3 person each trip so that agency can take good care of our needs.

chanyboy
15-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry bro, don't mean to drift to JC gals topic... its just that becoz i know my viet gf in JC. I am in two minds of whether this relationship is worth continuing, so i come here to seek advice and search for anwer.

Hi bro KangTuo, 2 possibilities I just think about:

a) genuine love relationship (I hv my version to share too...but that's another problem/issue...haiz, can talk another time if we meet up)

b) "let long line, catch big fish" as Chinese saying goes...sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. But all the careful observations, thinking & talking MAY slowly reveal more truth (only a maybe..!)

Even then, lets say (a) is true - in the long run we have to understd the mindset & culture - in which I'm trying to learn from the senior bros here - that one has to 'support' her family side regardless in small or big way. Eventually, it may come... which I hope is controlled, not overly done. It's ok to share with close relatives, only it's not right to do it so often e.g. the situation one entry said : expecting two pay-days per month when we are working-hard to get one paycheck monthly... (generally, all S'porean work extra hard in the career; that's why need to go relax at the cheong places... look at the Thai, China, Indon or even M'sia - during office hrs you can still find lots of executives on the street...)

Sha_Gua75
15-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Sorry to the threadstarter if this post is a little off topic...but everytime I see stereotypes and 1 sided opinions...I will have this urge to stick my nose in...:o

Up You For Your Frank Post :D

Sha_Gua75
15-01-2007, 11:14 AM
but I may not be able to accept that she trade sex for $. If i ever find out that she trade sex for $, i will defintely end the relationship.

Hmm...I am not saying not a working girl is not a human...but as long she a working girl...% is one day she will trade sex for $....as SingViet Have Said...before that she may work in HCMC before as working girl...As the old people have said...."Huan Chang Wu Zhen Qing"...There is truth up to certain limits...:(

Sha_Gua75
15-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Lets just divide VN in North (Hanoi), Central (Danang) and South (Ho Chi Minh). [/COLOR]

I think central is Hue....:confused:

SingViet
15-01-2007, 01:42 PM

I see that most bro with viet wife/gf faces problems with them asking to send $ back for this and that... Anyway from the day i know her, i already keep telling her that i am not a rich person and can only afford minimum things for her. I also tell her i save like crazy just to go vietnam to see her. Hope she is not after my $ afterall...i think i need to continue educating my gf about $.

Alot bro are saying that viet gal think of their parents/family before their husband/bf. Is it reallly true or just stereotyping? Will the new generation viet gal be different in their thinking?

3 reasons makes me wonder if she put me 1st before her family.

1) Because when i visited my gf for 8 days, she tell her family she goes Dalat with friends but infact she accompany me throughout my stay in HCM. She also bribed her younger sister to tell lies to her parents by lending her the motorcycle.

2) When i know my gf, she dun know English at all. But when i told her that she need to learn english to communicate with me, she took up english class 3 times a week. Now we are able to chat thru msn (cheapest way of keeping in touch) and speak mixture of english and viet.

3) 1st 3 days in Vietnam, i have been having lots of fun and spending alot with my buddies, when they return to Sillypore, my gf tries to save money for me by bringing me to cheaper eating house, bargaining for me when i buy things, looking for cheaper hotel for me...etc

Time will tell and be your biggest witness. I need not elaborate any further on your situation :D Best of Luck Bro

oldcar
15-01-2007, 01:47 PM
A sale lady can not possible earn 4,000,000VND per month in Vietnam, unless they sale themselves!!

SingViet
15-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Up You For Your Frank Post :D

Aiyoh Bro, i know you got a RICH Vietnamese STUDENT girlfriend. But don't assume that everything will be smooth and easy till the day you have married her and stayed with her :)

SingViet
15-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Let me try to get across some points to fellow bros reading this thread:

(1) The experiences shared by fellow bros about their vietnamese spouses in this thread are of their own. They do not assume or sterotype any body or imply that of any particular person.

(2) In most cases, we refer to NORMAL CLASS Vietnamese. But we welcome different experiences sharing by bros who have spouses or gfs who belong to a different class other than normal . There are some bros here who have ABOVE AVERAGE or SUPER RICH vietnamese gf. But i seriously wonder if the parents of these rich vietnamese gals will allow their daughters to marry normal Singaporean man, unless you are the off springs of LEE or Ong Beng Seng :D (i share this experience as my first vietnamese gf belongs to the SUPER RICH)

Ok, besides these, please keep sharing :D

gremio82
15-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Wonder why she needs to keep your relationship from her parents..? Dun think there is anything wrong with letting them know right...?

BTW if one were to go and see their parent, is it as good as telling them that one is going to be their future son-in-law...?

Sha_Gua75
15-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Aiyoh Bro, i know you got a RICH Vietnamese STUDENT girlfriend. But don't assume that everything will be smooth and easy till the day you have married her and stayed with her :)

hmmm not not as rich as before roi....business no good for her family...but at least dont spend my money yet:D

KangTuo
16-01-2007, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by gremio82

Wonder why she needs to keep your relationship from her parents..? Dun think there is anything wrong with letting them know right...?

BTW if one were to go and see their parent, is it as good as telling them that one is going to be their future son-in-law...?

Firstly is that time she came Sillypore to work w/o her parents knowing. Her parents also disapprove her to go oversea to work. If they know, they will lecture her badly. We know each other when she work in Sillypore, so how to let her parents know he got a bf in Sillypore? It will be as good as telling them she came Sillypore before....

Secondly, i am still not ready to see her parents. I am also trying to understand her more at the moment... though i have strong feelings for her, i am not ready to commit so much..

Regular^^
16-01-2007, 02:43 AM
Secondly, i am still not ready to see her parents. I am also trying to understand her more at the moment... though i have strong feelings for her, i am not ready to commit so much.. "i am not ready to commit so much" . bro... u said it urself liao...

KangTuo
16-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Regular^^

"i am not ready to commit so much" . bro... u said it urself liao...

Yes bro, once bitten.... have to be careful with commitment...don't want to get too hurt if don't end up well

SingViet
16-01-2007, 05:57 AM
hmmm not not as rich as before roi....business no good for her family...but at least dont spend my money yet:D

Bro, heard that you going to HCM with her during TET to meet her parents? Good Luck :D

Sha_Gua75
16-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Bro, heard that you going to HCM with her during TET to meet her parents? Good Luck :D

No leh :confused:

Your News Bey Chun Leh...Who You Heard From???

raiders
16-01-2007, 04:55 PM

Its me lah, Brother SingViet getting old liao a? My gf is not rich, her parents are not rich also. Brother's ShaGua's gf is rich. :p

Torres_Mok
16-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I heard vietnamese spouses are very faithful to their husbands, they also expected the same from their husbands, if not their husbands have to be carefully of their dicks been slice off! scary sia:cool:

chanyboy
17-01-2007, 01:18 AM

Bro KangTuo, seems a worthy gal. She knows u are cheonging - somemore with bros at Viet itself - then she's helping to cut cost. Consider it thoroughly then.. u have some time to consider it seems.

:)

SingViet
17-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Its me lah, Brother SingViet getting old liao a? My gf is not rich, her parents are not rich also. Brother's ShaGua's gf is rich. :p

hahhah bro, i am indeed getting old. Now i remember you. :D

SingViet
17-01-2007, 08:46 AM
No leh :confused:

Your News Bey Chun Leh...Who You Heard From???

Yo Bro, you got to know most of your viet friends thru me. So who do you think i heard it from? :P

Sha_Gua75
17-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Yo Bro, you got to know most of your viet friends thru me. So who do you think i heard it from? :P

The current one not thru you leh...also current one no link with those u know anymore and the viet i know myself is more than the one thru you roi...so cant be u know anything unless i say it myself :D

Sha_Gua75
17-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Most likely I go during April after my USA trip....No Need Luck :D Her Daughter want me not her mum...her mum know about me roi

SingViet
17-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Most likely I go during April after my USA trip....No Need Luck :D Her Daughter want me not her mum...her mum know about me roi

Bro, u have underestimated the power of vietnamese parents. :cool:

SingViet
17-01-2007, 05:05 PM
The current one not thru you leh...also current one no link with those u know anymore and the viet i know myself is more than the one thru you roi...so cant be u know anything unless i say it myself :D

Bro, u got the know the current one thru kang and u got to know kang thru me.. heheheh But u told someone in Vietnam about it. Nevertheless, its your own affair, i won't want to comment :D

milfmilf
17-01-2007, 07:46 PM
I am planning to go over maybe after CNY with one friends through a agency but it not comfirmed yet, roughly budget as below:

Whole package : $5K wo wedding dinner & 10K w everything
Ang Pao : $200~500 for the gals family members
Gold : Standard 四点金
Gals Checkup : Included (check virginity)
Duration : 5 days
Group of 2 to 3 person each trip so that agency can take good care of our needs.

Bro, so you prepare to go over for marriage or look see?

Peter_North
17-01-2007, 10:08 PM

Bro MilfMilf,

You want to follow him to Vietnam and BEO the potential brides' MOTHERs ? You NICK gives me that impression leh ?
:D

casannova03
18-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Well. well well!! what i have missed out these few days? Haha seems like quite a bit....i will try to address as many points that were discussed as possible.....some my opinion and some general hearsay..

1.) relationship with a working girl.

well, most of these gals are here to make money and that is their top priority. Most of them will put relationship aside but instead be seemingly involved in a relationship in order to sponge money (this is the general sentiment).

I think that this is a very general stereotype by many people and many man who maybe are having sour grapes. Vietnamese gals are not as scheming as some gals from Ch... True, they may be here for the money but i have heard from many that they come to work with the hope of finding someone they can spend together with for life. Most of them are trying to kill two birds with one stone. Cos if they go through agency need fees. So true love can be and have occured many a times amongst these working ladies and our singaporean bros. I have known a few that are going strong and have been together for at least 5 yrs and above.

2.) True Love?

As one bro here was pondering if his gf really loves him, all i can say , like what bro singviet had mentioned is that time will tell. Do not be too quick to make a judgement especially when you do not know each other well enough. Spend more time with her and find out what kind of a person she relly is.
But i would like to think that most gals are in fact savers of money than spenders.(P.S Bro Singviet what say you on this??) Anyway, here i end with my fav. quote for this paragraph: Love Does not Measures; It just Gives!

3.) Loyal??

Yes!! Absolutely!! Once a Vietnamese gal alls for you, boy you are the luckiest man on earth. to avoid sounding stereotypical, i would say that the Majority of them are very loyal. I have seen many gals who stopped working completely or have made many sacrifices just so that they can be with the man they love. And Yes, they do expect undivided loyalty from their other half cos they will feel damn hurt if they found out their partners cheating!!! its a crime punishable by Death!! haha no la but u see my point right?

One think i found quite common amongst vietnamese girls is that they tend to keep damn quiet and ignore when they are angry with you. well, i dunno but it seems that they expect you to be able to figure out why they are angry and so make apologies to them. This is one thing that i have been trying to change in my wife cos sometimes i REALLY dunno what i have done and she will keep quiet even whwn i keep asking her. hmmmm anyone bros face similar situation when ur other half is angry with you???

KangTuo
18-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally pposted by casannova03

I think that this is a very general stereotype by many people and many man who maybe are having sour grapes. Vietnamese gals are not as scheming as some gals from Ch...

As one bro here was pondering if his gf really loves him, all i can say , like what bro singviet had mentioned is that time will tell.....

Loyal?? Yes!! Absolutely!! Once a Vietnamese gal alls for you, boy you are the luckiest man on earth...

Bro, thanks for sharing your thoughts...
I also think that Viet gals are not as scheming as PRC. Thats why i prefer viet gal. The one bro that is pondering is me. :) I will contiunue contacting and seeing my viet gf and let time tell... hope she is the loyal type.

SingViet
18-01-2007, 08:21 AM
2.) True Love?

As one bro here was pondering if his gf really loves him, all i can say , like what bro singviet had mentioned is that time will tell. Do not be too quick to make a judgement especially when you do not know each other well enough. Spend more time with her and find out what kind of a person she relly is.
But i would like to think that most gals are in fact savers of money than spenders.(P.S Bro Singviet what say you on this??) Anyway, here i end with my fav. quote for this paragraph: Love Does not Measures; It just Gives!

3.) Loyal??

Yes!! Absolutely!! Once a Vietnamese gal alls for you, boy you are the luckiest man on earth. to avoid sounding stereotypical, i would say that the Majority of them are very loyal. I have seen many gals who stopped working completely or have made many sacrifices just so that they can be with the man they love. And Yes, they do expect undivided loyalty from their other half cos they will feel damn hurt if they found out their partners cheating!!! its a crime punishable by Death!! haha no la but u see my point right?

One think i found quite common amongst vietnamese girls is that they tend to keep damn quiet and ignore when they are angry with you. well, i dunno but it seems that they expect you to be able to figure out why they are angry and so make apologies to them. This is one thing that i have been trying to change in my wife cos sometimes i REALLY dunno what i have done and she will keep quiet even whwn i keep asking her. hmmmm anyone bros face similar situation when ur other half is angry with you???

i do agree with bro casannova03 that vietnamese gals are savers. Let me elaborate on this a bit. The thing about vietnamese gals is that you need to convince her that you are the MAN she loves totally. This may take a bit of time and lots of patience and understanding. I will recommend bros to COMMUNICATE well with your vietnamese spouse. TALK to them regularly and let them UNDERSTAND the hardships you go thru at work to bring the bread home. Also bring her to Singapore to see how hard singaporeans work to earn a living. She will understand thru time.

Once she's convince that you are the MAN she loves, she will be LOYAL and do anything for you. She will think for you and try to save for you. This is what i am going thru now. My wife knows that life in Singapore is not easy and she saves for the kids and me. Caring and understanding.

I do understand that man tend to wonder off track often. But do keep it from your vietnamese spouse. And DO NOT tackle any other vietnamese gals that she knows. Vietnamese gals are good gossipers. Before you know it, she's already sick of your actions. They expect you to be loyal as what they are loyal to you. As what Bro casannova03 had said, they will keep very quiet when angry. Do not pressure them to tell you what's wrong immediately. Give them some time, maybe 30 mins, and they will tell you. make them laugh and they will be good again.

Again, i am not stereotyping anybody. if you think your vietnamese spouse is different, do share with other bros here. We are very eager to hear something different :D

Sha_Gua75
18-01-2007, 09:42 AM

If You Think She Is Right....Say Sorry....
If You Think She Is Right.....Dont Argue With Her Anymore....Keep Quiet....Also Need To Say Sorry...

:(

Sha_Gua75
18-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Bro, u got the know the current one thru kang and u got to know kang thru me.. heheheh But u told someone in Vietnam about it. Nevertheless, its your own affair, i won't want to comment :D

Wah Like That Link No End One....If Link Like That...Then Back To The Start I Know Her Thru' SammyBoy Should Be Correct :D

ssilverzoommer
18-01-2007, 10:50 AM

I will probably go with him & if happened to see any one suitable than i also end my balechor life lor:D

raiders
18-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Bro, u have underestimated the power of vietnamese parents. :cool:

Totally agreed. I experienced once. That was my 1st VN gf. Her mum objected like hell because they were quite well off and Im very poor. 2nd Vn gf mama also objected initially but later gave in when she saw her daughter insisting to be with me. But eventually left her to be with my current VN gf. This one, the mama also hard to handle. Please wish me lots of luck during this visit to VN. IF nothing wrong, June can ROM liao. By the way, after ROM can straight apply for HDB right? No need to wait for her to have PR right? Anyone can enlighten me?

raiders
18-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I will probably go with him & if happened to see any one suitable than i also end my balechor life lor:D

If anyone interested, just email me to tell me your age, job status and your requirements. When Im in my GF hometown, I will keep a lookout for you guys. If suitable, I will bring pic back to Singapore. If you think can, then you correspond with her yourself. No need pay me. Just treat me drink coffee can already.

SingViet
18-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Totally agreed. I experienced once. That was my 1st VN gf. Her mum objected like hell because they were quite well off and Im very poor. 2nd Vn gf mama also objected initially but later gave in when she saw her daughter insisting to be with me. But eventually left her to be with my current VN gf. This one, the mama also hard to handle. Please wish me lots of luck during this visit to VN. IF nothing wrong, June can ROM liao. By the way, after ROM can straight apply for HDB right? No need to wait for her to have PR right? Anyone can enlighten me?

Your spouse needs to be at least on a Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) before she can apply for HDB flat with you. I think there's another thread on foreigner wife that has lots of info on this :D

gremio82
18-01-2007, 07:41 PM
As what Bro casannova03 had said, they will keep very quiet when angry. Do not pressure them to tell you what's wrong immediately. Give them some time, maybe 30 mins, and they will tell you. make them laugh and they will be good again.

Both hands and feets up to support.... "provoke" mine a couple of times and dun want to chap me... After 1 to 2 days everything start to goes back normal....

Rof|maoxz
18-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Both hands and feets up to support.... "provoke" mine a couple of times and dun want to chap me... After 1 to 2 days everything start to goes back normal....

GM82, you married sibo?

Shuang_Jie_Gun
18-01-2007, 08:04 PM
GM82, you married sibo?

maybe not yet but definitely soon. :D

SingViet
19-01-2007, 04:24 PM
This question is for bros who have vietnamese spouse and already have children with them. Do you allow your wife to speak vietnamese to your children?

For the past 2 years since the birth of my daughters, they have stayed with me in HCM City. Their nannies were vietnamese and thus they were exposed to vietnamese since birth. I speak to them in Mandarin. But i ply between singapore and vietnam often, thus not always there for my children. I realised that my daughters started to speak TIENG VIET. Not that i look down on their language, but i want my children to master English and Mandarin first before learning Vietnamese. Thus i brought my children back to Singapore for education. After going to school for the past few months, my daughters speak english and mandarin now. I am relieved. Now my wife wants to teach them vietnamese, but i am worried again. They have not master english and chinese and now again want to go back to learning vietnamese.

Any bros out there having the same experience? Do share share :D

gremio82
19-01-2007, 08:00 PM
GM82, you married sibo?

maybe not yet but definitely soon.

Not so fast yet... Still looking and lurking around....:D Still haven find some one to tie my heart down leh....

GLHunter
20-01-2007, 11:58 AM
This question is for bros who have vietnamese spouse and already have children with them. Do you allow your wife to speak vietnamese to your children?

For the past 2 years since the birth of my daughters, they have stayed with me in HCM City. Their nannies were vietnamese and thus they were exposed to vietnamese since birth. I speak to them in Mandarin. But i ply between singapore and vietnam often, thus not always there for my children. I realised that my daughters started to speak TIENG VIET. Not that i look down on their language, but i want my children to master English and Mandarin first before learning Vietnamese. Thus i brought my children back to Singapore for education. After going to school for the past few months, my daughters speak english and mandarin now. I am relieved. Now my wife wants to teach them vietnamese, but i am worried again. They have not master english and chinese and now again want to go back to learning vietnamese.

I think those ppl who can fick fiak ang mo fluently is those who grew up in a English speaking environment. so they think in english, speak in english, screw each other in english. then no problem with english, can earn a living liao.

maybe you can employ a english speaking maid to take care of them, or a english tutor to give more focus to their english learing. with that, learning a bit a vietnamese will not be a big problem as it is not their main language. children can be very multi-tasking & pick up new things fast. :)

milfmilf
20-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I will probably go with him & if happened to see any one suitable than i also end my balechor life lor

You and your friend very familiar with Vietnam and know exactly how to go about? :D

What's the estimated cost for the trip let say dry-run only, no marriage :p
can join you guys?

SingViet
20-01-2007, 02:16 PM
You and your friend very familiar with Vietnam and know exactly how to go about?

What's the estimated cost for the trip let say dry-run only, no marriage
can join you guys?

Air ticket after the high season will not be high. Tiger airways may cost you just over S$200 after the Lunar New Year season. For accommodation, you guys can just take normal local hotels at around 300,000 VND (S$30) a night. That comes to just around S$15 per night per person. The thing is where are you guys going to look for the gals? Massage Palour? Disco? If go nite spots to look for potential life partner, then the chances of you guys kanna conned by locals. :cool:

Rof|maoxz
20-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Your spouse needs to be at least on a Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) before she can apply for HDB flat with you. I think there's another thread on foreigner wife that has lots of info on this :D

Juz to add-on. If the husband is > 21yo, but below 35yo, she muz have at least 6 months social visit pass.

If the husband is > 35yo, less than 6 months social visit pass can apply for a resale-flat. ;)

Shuang_Jie_Gun
20-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Not so fast yet... Still looking and lurking around....:D Still haven find some one to tie my heart down leh....

u r still young,take ur time.just let us knw when she comes. :)

SingViet
21-01-2007, 08:32 AM
If still young, no need to rush into marriage. Lots of commitments and responsibilities in marriage. Better prepare yourself mentally and financially before marriage. Me Speaking from experience :D

hehfun
21-01-2007, 09:30 AM

No need to worry bro Singviet,
English and Chinese is being so wildly use in the school and society, the children will eventually become fluent with them. (mostly thanks to the schools)
Let your wife use viet with the children while you use mandarin.

1. I have seen my friend's parents, my sister is doing this mistake now...
speaking to the children only in English, the friend/children grew up speaking fluently only in english and little understanding of mandarin.

2. The practical way is let them learn the mother tongue at home,
Ask what they learn in school in English at home.
Practise their homework with them in English/Chinese (depending on the subject)
Buy them English and Chinese story books to let them learn thru enjoyment.
Any other non school related topics..try use mother tongue.

3. Just think ...we (sg chinese) can speak english, mandarin , hokkien ( i am using these 3 commonly used language) cos its our FRIENDS who influence us most with their languages. (ie english and mandarin now days from school friends)

My parents speak to me mostly in dialect but that did not deter me from learning good english and chinese.

4. Children are fast learners , they can master 3,4 languages easily.
(for your info Malaysia chinese knows the most languages: mandarin, malay, english, cantonese(their tv program in cantonese), hokkien and
thai even (for those staying at the thailand border).

if your children understands viet they can help you too when you need some translations, (make fun of daddy too...lol)

cheers
my 2 cents worth of long long comment....

Torres_Mok
21-01-2007, 11:33 AM
If still young, no need to rush into marriage. Lots of commitments and responsibilities in marriage. Better prepare yourself mentally and financially before marriage. Me Speaking from experience :D

Strongly agree! But don't over plan or else end up like me still single at thirties:D

adonis
21-01-2007, 11:49 AM
The New Paper in Singapore exposed a racket in some prospective Vietnamese brides brought to Singapore. Some of the prospective Vietnamese brides are actually first brought to Cambodia to work as prostitutes. Then to Thailand to work as prostitutes again. Next they're sent to the small towns in West Malaysia where they're presented as prospective Vietnamese brides. These small towns have sizeable numbers of Chinese Malaysians residing. The prospective Vietnamese brides are passed from broker to broker (snake heads) from town to town further and further southwards. A few of the brokers were interviewed by the New Paper reporters. Finally they end up in Singapore as prospective Vietnamese brides. Have any of you read that recent New Paper article? Pls don't flame me. Thanks.

Peter_North
21-01-2007, 12:28 PM
The New Paper in Singapore exposed a racket in some prospective Vietnamese brides brought to Singapore. Some of the prospective Vietnamese brides are actually first brought to Cambodia to work as prostitutes. Then to Thailand to work as prostitutes again. Next they're sent to the small towns in West Malaysia where they're presented as prospective Vietnamese brides. These small towns have sizeable numbers of Chinese Malaysians residing. The prospective Vietnamese brides are passed from broker to broker (snake heads) from town to town further and further southwards. A few of the brokers were interviewed by the New Paper reporters. Finally they end up in Singapore as prospective Vietnamese brides. Have any of you read that recent New Paper article? Pls don't flame me. Thanks.

You are right. The Vietnamese brides offered by the agencies in Singapore are no longer trustworthy, especially the one at KSC. Some are non-V, and some went for hymen reconstruction to pass off as Vs.

SingViet
21-01-2007, 12:28 PM

Interesting piece of news. Maybe someone can find this particular report and post it here? I tried looking from the New paper website but cannot find :(

JackieWong
21-01-2007, 04:11 PM

Frenz i think i noe who u r hello pls wake up go and find a normal ger lah stop wasting yr time on JC gers

Sha_Gua75
21-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Frenz i think i noe who u r hello pls wake up go and find a normal ger lah stop wasting yr time on JC gers

i think you the one who need to wake up....dont quote the whole thing....lao jiao liao leh still need to teach :(

Torres_Mok
21-01-2007, 11:39 PM

The stories come in two parts. it was about 2 weeks back! Now selecting brides from marriage agencies must be careful, i thk it is better to go for the marriage tour at vietnam.:cool:

SingViet
23-01-2007, 09:21 AM
The stories come in two parts. it was about 2 weeks back! Now selecting brides from marriage agencies must be careful, i thk it is better to go for the marriage tour at vietnam.:cool:

If the agent wants to con you, you can be conned even if you go for marriage tour in Vietnam. I will think that its better to leave it to fate. If you see a gal and u think you like her, then go for her. :D

Torres_Mok
23-01-2007, 01:01 PM
If the agent wants to con you, you can be conned even if you go for marriage tour in Vietnam. I will think that its better to leave it to fate. If you see a gal and u think you like her, then go for her. :D

Selecting a virgin vietnamese bride is up to luck.:cool:

SingViet
23-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Selecting a virgin vietnamese bride is up to luck.:cool:

Hmm... now we are at the new topic.... is it a MUST for your future vietnamese spouse to be a VIRGIN when you marry her? Personally, i don't find it that important. I don't like to train VIRGINS on bed. heheh :D

ssilverzoommer
23-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm... now we are at the new topic.... is it a MUST for your future vietnamese spouse to be a VIRGIN when you marry her? Personally, i don't find it that important. I don't like to train VIRGINS on bed. heheh :D

IMO, this is important bcos u only get to try it once in a lifetime. Especially on your loved ones.:)

Torres_Mok
23-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Becos marriage agency garantee that the vietnamese brides are virgins, so we are just getting what the marriage agency hv promised. anyway we can train a virgin to become a sex kitten:D

SingViet
23-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Becos marriage agency garantee that the vietnamese brides are virgins, so we are just getting what the marriage agency hv promised. anyway we can train a virgin to become a sex kitten:D

Just a thought. Agency promised that the gal will be a virgin and on the first night, you discovered she is not. How can you prove your case and complain to CASE? The gal can claim that you already penetrated her on the first night :D

gremio82
23-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmm... now we are at the new topic.... is it a MUST for your future vietnamese spouse to be a VIRGIN when you marry her? Personally, i don't find it that important. I don't like to train VIRGINS on bed. heheh

For me no so important not that i dun like or dun want to train, its coz i scare of BLOOD!!!!:eek:

Just a thought. Agency promised that the gal will be a virgin and on the first night, you discovered she is not. How can you prove your case and complain to CASE? The gal can claim that you already penetrated her on the first night

One can only "lan pa pa lan".... If not can refund meh...?

Torres_Mok
23-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Just a thought. Agency promised that the gal will be a virgin and on the first night, you discovered she is not. How can you prove your case and complain to CASE? The gal can claim that you already penetrated her on the first night :D

I heard and seen from internet that we can use torchlight to shine at her pussy and check the hymen is still intact b4 penetrating her. I think this is the only way and can be very tedious. I think is all down to fate to hv a virgin bride, maybe in this lifetime a man don't hv chance to hv a virgin bride:(

SingViet
25-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I heard and seen from internet that we can use torchlight to shine at her pussy and check the hymen is still intact b4 penetrating her. I think this is the only way and can be very tedious. I think is all down to fate to hv a virgin bride, maybe in this lifetime a man don't hv chance to hv a virgin bride:(

So you will bring one large torchlight on wedding night to the room? :D Shine and Shine.. you shine on her puss and she shine on your dick...The only difference being her torchlight is made in vietnam while yours made in Singapore...hahha

SingViet
25-01-2007, 08:46 AM
For me no so important not that i dun like or dun want to train, its coz i scare of BLOOD!!!!:eek:

Penetration into a virgin pussy will not always lead to lots of blood. I remember my experience on a 18 yr old virgin.... just a little blood.. cannot really see also :D

ssilverzoommer
25-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Penetration into a virgin pussy will not always lead to lots of blood. I remember my experience on a 18 yr old virgin.... just a little blood.. cannot really see also

Wah bro 18 yr old virgin leh!!! I think really have to try out yourself to experience what is the feeling & see the amount of blood.:D

do u find difficulty to penetrate a virgin? Did she scream?:D

SingViet
25-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Wah bro 18 yr old virgin leh!!! I think really have to try out yourself to experience what is the feeling & see the amount of blood.:D

do u find difficulty to penetrate a virgin? Did she scream?

Surprisingly, i remember her telling me the pain wasn't a lot. :D

Torres_Mok
25-01-2007, 01:17 PM
So you will bring one large torchlight on wedding night to the room? Shine and Shine.. you shine on her puss and she shine on your dick...The only difference being her torchlight is made in vietnam while yours made in Singapore...hahha

Yes b4 shining at her pussy, must inform her to shave her pussy hair first, or else the hair will hinder the shining.:D ;)

SingViet
25-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes b4 shining at her pussy, must inform her to shave her pussy hair first, or else the hair will hinder the shining.

Du Ma! Will catch cold if shave the pussy :D I think the last virgin in vietnam is in the deep forest of Central Vietnam.. hahha

Torres_Mok
26-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Du Ma! Will catch cold if shave the pussy :D I think the last virgin in vietnam is in the deep forest of Central Vietnam.. hahha

A shaved pussy is very provocative and sexy, ended up licking the pussy as no hair will get chop in the throat!:p

SingViet
27-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Just wish to share with fellow bros about the experience of a vietnamese lady student in Singapore. Its a true story and will allow fellow bros to consider about some things and learn something new.

T**** is a 23 year old Vietnamese lady student in Singapore. She came to Singapore around 3 years ago after completing her High School in HCM City. Her father is a well respected high ranking government officer of HCM City. T**** is the only daughter in the family, with only one elder brother. After 1 year in Singapore, T**** met a Singapore man whom is 10 years her senior. She enjoys his company as she finds him mature and confident. T*** bf is a well educated Singapore man and works in an MNC. He drives a Mercedes benze. For the past 2 years he was with T***, he loved T*** and took good care of her. But T**** faced a big problem. Her parents doesn't allow her to marry foreigners. Her father says that he doesn't want others to say that his daughter marries a foreigner for money. He himself is a successful government officer and also owns a few money spinning business outside. In Vietnam, most vietnamese believe that only daughters of poor family marry foreigners and its mainly for the money. T*** father doesn't want gossip to come his way. T*** parents know about his singaporean bf. They never voice their objections openly infront of the singapore man but they voice it to T*** and warned her about going against their will. Now T*** is in the final year in Singapore. She is worried. She doesn't want to go against her family and she knows she has to return to HCM City eventually. She now tries to enjoy every moment she spends with this man. She knows that she will never marry him, unless she goes against her parents. She has made up her mind that she will not go against her parents. Her relationship with this Singapore man will end when her studies end and return to Vietnam.

Filal piety is an important virtue in vietnamese family, no matter if rich or poor. The chances of going against parent's will is little. My wife once told me before. She will not marry me if her parents doesn't like me. The above true story illustrate the point that even if your gf is a rich vietnamese, it doesn't mean that your love life will be simple. You have to conquer her rich parents, which will be an uphill task for most :)

Torres_Mok
28-01-2007, 09:49 AM
All the while I hv the impression that vietnamese parents prefer their daughters to marry foreigners as high percentage of vn men are drinkers and women bashers! Recently from some sources from internet stated singapore are their preferred destiny as intially was Taiwan to look 4 a life time partners as singapore protect women and spore men are caring! correct me if i am wrong :confused:

SingViet
28-01-2007, 11:35 AM
All the while I hv the impression that vietnamese parents prefer their daughters to marry foreigners as high percentage of vn men are drinkers and women bashers! Recently from some sources from internet stated singapore are their preferred destiny as intially was Taiwan to look 4 a life time partners as singapore protect women and spore men are caring! correct me if i am wrong :confused:

The impression you got is for the NORMAL poor vietnamese parents who hope that their daughters can marry foreigners as they have the idea that foreigners are rich. If their daughters marry foreigners, they can also benefit from the marriage. But things are totally different for the RICH vietnamese. :D

Torres_Mok
29-01-2007, 12:28 PM
The impression you got is for the NORMAL poor vietnamese parents who hope that their daughters can marry foreigners as they have the idea that foreigners are rich. If their daughters marry foreigners, they can also benefit from the marriage. But things are totally different for the RICH vietnamese. :D

After marriage, the husband will hv to feed their parents as well is it? I heard from the marriage agency that part of the money from the grooms will be given to the brides' parents for marrying their daughters! :cool:

SingViet
29-01-2007, 03:23 PM
After marriage, the husband will hv to feed their parents as well is it? I heard from the marriage agency that part of the money from the grooms will be given to the brides' parents for marrying their daughters! :cool:

What do you think? I have to send money to my in laws every month and also sponsor their extra demands a number of times each year. :(

Torres_Mok
29-01-2007, 07:52 PM
What do you think? I have to send money to my in laws every month and also sponsor their extra demands a number of times each year. :(

Sorry to ask u a personal question! did ur parents know that u r sending back money to ur in-laws. did ur parents object to this!

Recently a friend of mine hv married a china gal and he had to take care of his in-laws and also hv to sponsor his brother-in-laws study fees. My friend's parents keep complaint to me and told me it is better to marry a sporean gal. But for me i prefer a foreign gal, preferable from vietnam. Need advice:confused:

SingViet
29-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Sorry to ask u a personal question! did ur parents know that u r sending back money to ur in-laws. did ur parents object to this!

Recently a friend of mine hv married a china gal and he had to take care of his in-laws and also hv to sponsor his brother-in-laws study fees. My friend's parents keep complaint to me and told me it is better to marry a sporean gal. But for me i prefer a foreign gal, preferable from vietnam. Need advice:confused:

Yes. My parents know that i am sending money to my in-laws and they object to it. But i am a grown up and i need to decide matters by myself. I always do this simple comparison between Vietnamese Gal and Singaporean Gal. (Bros, pls note that this is my personal opinion and does not sterotype anybody)

(1)Self-Sufficient Capabilities
Singaporean gals are surely much stronger in this area. They are better educated and can find a better job that pays more. Self Sufficient in more ways than one. Can even share family burden with you. Vietnamese gals, on the other hand, are not self sufficient. They need the husband to take care of them and even their families back home in Vietnam. NORMAL vietnamese gal score badly on this. (pls take note, i refer to NORMAL vietnamese gals, not the RICH ones)

(2) Demands
Singaporean gals, having seen more and better educated, will surely demand more in material needs than Vietnamese gals.

If you buy a normal hand bag for your singaporean gal, she will kick up a fuss as she wants branded ones. Vietnamese gals are different. A normal hand bag will mean a lot to them already. The same goes for clothings. THIS FASHION clothes will be more than enuff for Vietnamese gals, while Singaporean gals will find THIS FASHION low class.

Vietnamese gals will feel good even if you ride a motorbike, but Singaporean gals will demand that you drive a NEW BMW.

Normal hawker centres will be good for Vietnamese gals, but will be low class and smelly for Singaporean gals....

The lists goes on and on ..........

(3) Marriage
Vietnamese gals are more traditional and place more emphasis in making the husband happy. A massage on the shoulders after a hard day's work may be normal for vietnamese wife to provide for their husbands, but will be degrading for Singaporean ladies. Instead, Singaporean ladies demand their husbands do the massage for them. Vietnamese gals take the time to prepare dishes for the family, while the Singaporean gal chooses to eat out. Excuses given by Singaporean gals is that they work, so no time to cook. But they also don't cook when they go on 2 weeks leave at the end of the year. They will cite the excuse of being lazy.

For normal Singaporean lady, divorce is just about signing on the papers when you cannot get along well with your spouse. Under much western influence, its just like another way of life for the modern lady. For vietnamese ladies, divorce is the last resort. They will try first and give their spouse chances before giving up.

The list goes on and on... never ending list. So u decide by yourself on what matters most to u in a marriage :D

adonis
29-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Message to KangTuo. Why don't u (or u get someone) to spy on the Vietnamese girl of your dreams in her 'natural habitat' back in Vietnam? This will clear all your doubts about her background and her cover story. Any one who's Vietnamese in-laws are available to help KangTuo? Frankly if I were KangTuo, I'll do it.

By the way, SingViet, what u posted about Singaporean women vs Vietnamese women are spot on!

Torres_Mok
29-01-2007, 09:01 PM
The list goes on and on... never ending list. So u decide by yourself on what matters most to u in a marriage :D[/QUOTE]

Bro SingViet,

I strongly agreed with u! In sporean women eyes; sporean men are like 'long kang' fish, to foreign gals sporean men are like 'golden arawana' fish. This is a quote from New paper acticles few years back! A story that tell why alot sporean men still single in spore!:mad:

Sha_Gua75
29-01-2007, 11:24 PM
If you buy a normal hand bag for your singaporean gal, she will kick up a fuss as she wants branded ones. Vietnamese gals are different. A normal hand bag will mean a lot to them already. The same goes for clothings. THIS FASHION clothes will be more than enuff for Vietnamese gals, while Singaporean gals will find THIS FASHION low class.

no leh...mine like at least Fox Woman....luckily i no bike no car for the time being she havent mind....wait till she becoming more and more singaporean...culture make them change:o

SingViet
30-01-2007, 06:38 AM
no leh...mine like at least Fox Woman....luckily i no bike no car for the time being she havent mind....wait till she becoming more and more singaporean...culture make them change:o

Aiyoh.. your one is NORMAL meh? I told you before, yours is a RICH vietnamese. So out of the NORMAL range. :rolleyes:

Sha_Gua75
30-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Aiyoh.. your one is NORMAL meh? I told you before, yours is a RICH vietnamese. So out of the NORMAL range. :rolleyes:

Think she getting more normal like Sing girl.... :rolleyes:

BTW your car number seem familiar...maybe old liao memory failed...it is not your old car number right?

SingViet
31-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Think she getting more normal like Sing girl.... :rolleyes:

BTW your car number seem familiar...maybe old liao memory failed...it is not your old car number right?

I have changed car around 6 mths ago. You never realised meh? :rolleyes:

Torres_Mok
31-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Bro Singviet,

Your ID name singviet sound familiar. R u related to the vietnamese marriage agency at katong shopping centre: in chinese translation is 'xin ye'. hope u don't get offended just curious:D :p

SingViet
31-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Bro Singviet,

Your ID name singviet sound familiar. R u related to the vietnamese marriage agency at katong shopping centre: in chinese translation is 'xin ye'. hope u don't get offended just curious:D

bro, i am not related to that agency in any single way. Neither am i a professional match maker :D

SingViet
01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Seems that some bros get really confused on where to post questions on their vietnamese partners.... Vietnamisation Programme or this thread...... ;)

Torres_Mok
01-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Seems that some bros get really confused on where to post questions on their vietnamese partners.... Vietnamisation Programme or this thread...... ;)

I don't know whether i should be posting questions on this thread becos i am still single? as this thread is for vietnamese partner, but i think in future there is a likelihood that my partner is vietnamese.:D

SingViet
01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't know whether i should be posting questions on this thread becos i am still single? as this thread is for vietnamese partner, but i think in future there is a likelihood that my partner is vietnamese.:D

No worries bro. Your questions are welcome :D

crazyazn23
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
hey singviet, what do you think about the barbershop girls in HCMC.....

SingViet
02-02-2007, 01:09 PM
hey singviet, what do you think about the barbershop girls in HCMC.....

U planning to penetrate them or want them as spouse? :D I remember one of the gals from a barbershop in Q3. Not bad looking with medium size boobs. Was with her for 2 hrs in the shop chit chatting. Then exchange numbers. She called me at 7pm that evening. Came over for dinner and after that, she was laying legs apart in a hotel for me. Great BBBJ given. Phew!! What a blow she gave :D

Torres_Mok
03-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Seen like HCMC many happening! Hope one day can go there to take a look, but i think language is barrier for non-speaking vietnamese!:confused:

chanyboy
03-02-2007, 02:11 PM
U planning to penetrate them or want them as spouse? I remember one of the gals from a barbershop in Q3...Came over for dinner and after that, she was laying legs apart in a hotel for me. Great BBBJ given. Phew!! What a blow she gave

wah lau..sounds 'dangerous' man! If anybody's gf return to work in BBS/HCMC she can be taken 'FOC' some more. If they are here, the local boyfrens still hv to spend lots of money before getting 1 fuck.. :mad:

Then maybe I ought to move to HCMC rather than pick one locally!:p

SingViet
03-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Seen like HCMC many happening! Hope one day can go there to take a look, but i think language is barrier for non-speaking vietnamese!:confused:

You can check out the Vietnam-HCM Thread under International Field Reports (new). Lots of info there about HCM City. :D

milfmilf
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
only those sg girl with a bit of quality may ask for the sky I think. Anyway they also know how hard to make a living in sg... living standard too high :mad:

SingViet
04-02-2007, 07:41 AM
only those sg girl with a bit of quality may ask for the sky I think. Anyway they also know how hard to make a living in sg... living standard too high :mad:

I think the Singaporean gal also knows that the society is quite divided nowadays. The rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer. They are hoping to get the richer ones but if no one wants them, they will settle for the SWM (Stupid White Man) after 35 yrs old. :D

Torres_Mok
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
They are hoping to get the richer ones but if no one wants them, they will settle for the SWM (Stupid White Man) after 35 yrs old. :D[/QUOTE]

Bro!
1 of our MP is settle for SWM after 35 yr....... that is very sensitive:D

SingViet
04-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I never pin point anyone leh. :D The other day The Shitty Times still publish about American School teacher married to local gal. Why they never publish Singaporean man with foreigner wife. :D

Torres_Mok
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I never pin point anyone leh. :D The other day The Shitty Times still publish about American School teacher married to local gal. Why they never publish Singaporean man with foreigner wife. :D

Straits Times never publish Singaporean man with foreigner wife is because if they do so, it will show the inadequency of sporean gals, that is the reason many singaporean men are marrying foreigners gals

GLHunter
05-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Straits Times never publish Singaporean man with foreigner wife is because if they do so, it will show the inadequency of sporean gals, that is the reason many singaporean men are marrying foreigners gals

singapore women gotta face the facts & buck up.. malaysian, thai & viet are snapping up the guys here. maybe next time they also look for foreign hushand. :rolleyes:

Eternity_Gal
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM
singapore women gotta face the facts & buck up.. malaysian, thai & viet are snapping up the guys here. maybe next time they also look for foreign hushand. :rolleyes:

Singapore guys should buck up, especially the chances of guys attached to a Singaporean woman are decreasing to lowdown standard, which means it's up to a local woman to choose watever guys she wants and not the other wae round.

So Singaporean women need not worry about bucking up.

siokan
05-02-2007, 01:07 AM

singapore women are drooling for angmoh or indians.

Btw, the golden mile complex have a few vietnam brides shop, but there is a big gap in the price. The one at the ground floor near the toilet is charging 10k sing but those on the second floor only charge 5k.
The ground floor shop is actually open by a taiwanese who had a 2nd wife who is vietnamese.He claimed to be the 1st in singapore to start this veitnam bride buz.He also advertise in lian he wan bao showing the pics of the girl. Didn't know some of his girl are actually WL. No wonder they looks so sweet. Paying 10k to marry a whore?

Torres_Mok
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Btw, the golden mile complex have a few vietnam brides shop, but there is a big gap in the price. The one at the ground floor near the toilet is charging 10k sing but those on the second floor only charge 5k.
The ground floor shop is actually open by a taiwanese who had a 2nd wife who is vietnamese.He claimed to be the 1st in singapore to start this veitnam bride buz.He also advertise in lian he wan bao showing the pics of the girl. Didn't know some of his girl are actually WL. No wonder they looks so sweet. Paying 10k to marry a whore?

Ya it is true that the viet looks really sweet! i one day went into the agency out of curious, bastket i was stuck foe 1 hour, becos the taiwanese boss sweet talk to me to choose the gals and even show me photos of those gals that r still in vietnam. the gals r really attractive and wear quite sexy.

I ask the boss whether these gals r virgins but reply to me that i hv to ask the gals myself. the boss also told that virginity is not important anymore in the 22 century.

paying 10k to marry a pro..... i think many men cannot accept:cool: :rolleyes:

Torres_Mok
05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Singapore guys should buck up, especially the chances of guys attached to a Singaporean woman are decreasing to lowdown standard, which means it's up to a local woman to choose watever guys she wants and not the other wae round.

So Singaporean women need not worry about bucking up.

End up choosing a SWM after 35 years.........:D :) ......

SingViet
05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Ya it is true that the viet looks really sweet! i one day went into the agency out of curious, bastket i was stuck foe 1 hour, becos the taiwanese boss sweet talk to me to choose the gals and even show me photos of those gals that r still in vietnam. the gals r really attractive and wear quite sexy.

I ask the boss whether these gals r virgins but reply to me that i hv to ask the gals myself. the boss also told that virginity is not important anymore in the 22 century.

paying 10k to marry a pro..... i think many men cannot accept:cool: :rolleyes:

You should ask the taiwanese boss if he will marry a vietnamese hooker for S$10k. Why need to spend 10k to look for vietnamese hooker when you can view them readily at joo Chiat and all over HCM City. :P

ssilverzoommer
05-02-2007, 03:22 PM

Bro, i think the one at 2nd floor is more honest. His name is Jacky. He advice us to make a trip down there to choose & get doc certification b4 married or we can choose in SG than send to our hospital for viginity checkup b4 married which i find it more secure.

SingViet
05-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Bro, i think the one at 2nd floor is more honest. His name is Jacky. He advice us to make a trip down there to choose & get doc certification b4 married or we can choose in SG than send to our hospital for viginity checkup b4 married which i find it more secure.

Medical check up in Singapore is more trustworthy than in Vietnam. In Vietnam, anything can be done with $$$ :D

Torres_Mok
06-02-2007, 07:41 AM

bro,

there are also a few on ground floor, just few doors away from the one open by taiwanese man. the one on the 2nd floor what is the agency name?:confused:

SingViet
06-02-2007, 07:47 AM
bro,

there are also a few on ground floor, just few doors away from the one open by taiwanese man. the one on the 2nd floor what is the agency name?:confused:

Aiyoh, come to me la. My in-law's side has quite a number of young pretty gals that's around 20 to 26. All ready for marriage. I only introduce gals i know.Me not full time match maker, just do some times only. :D

nozila
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM
singviet,

hook a brother up.

ssilverzoommer
06-02-2007, 08:56 AM
bro,

Sorry bro, i really cannot remember the name:o . But i know on the upper floor there is only one agency.

ssilverzoommer
06-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Aiyoh, come to me la. My in-law's side has quite a number of young pretty gals that's around 20 to 26. All ready for marriage. I only introduce gals i know.Me not full time match maker, just do some times only. :D

Wah bro really ah? R they in Spore now?:D

Torres_Mok
06-02-2007, 12:18 PM

Thanks bro, i let u know the outcome:)

SingViet
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Wah bro really ah? R they in Spore now?:D

bro, i not full time match maker. So will not bring the gals in for viewing la :D

SingViet
07-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks bro, i let u know the outcome:)

No worries bro. Give me a PM or sms me after you have decided. :D

SingViet
07-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I went shopping with my family the other day and i met 2 Singaporean man with vietnamese partners along the way. Not sure if they are married. But can know the gals are vietnamese from their mandarin accent. WOW!! More and more singaporean man are with vietnamese partners now, maybe next time must call for FALL IN at City Hall. :P

Torres_Mok
07-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I went shopping with my family the other day and i met 2 Singaporean man with vietnamese partners along the way. Not sure if they are married. But can know the gals are vietnamese from their mandarin accent. WOW!! More and more singaporean man are with vietnamese partners now, maybe next time must call for FALL IN at City Hall. :P

Vietnamese gals are been favoured by many single sporean men now.

I heard vn govenment r trying to discourged their gals from marrying foreigers and i also heard those matchmaking agency that matchmake vn gals to foreigners r also ban in vietnam.

I also afraid one day our government will also make it difficult for sporean men from marrying vn gals, as many sporean gals are still single.:cool:

SingViet
07-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Vietnamese gals are been favoured by many single sporean men now. I heard vn govenment r trying to discourged their gals from marrying foreigers and i also heard those matchmaking agency that matchmake vn gals to foreigners r also ban in vietnam. I also afraid one day our government will also make it difficult for sporean men from marrying vn gals, as many sporean gals are still single.

It is indeed true that matchmaking is illegal in Vietnam now. But most matchmaking agencies are surpassing this ban by going underground, i.e they claim that the individuals got to know each other. this is one trade that is difficult to get rid of all together. Vietnamese in vietnam dependence on remittance from overseas vietnamese is so high that we are looking at around US$3 billion is being remitted back to vietnam each year. So such big amount of money at stake, do you think hanoi will impose a total crackdown? :D

As for Singapore side, it has become a norm that Singaporean man and woman are marrying foreigners. Singapore man go for Chinese and Vietnamese woman while Singaporean woman go for the SWM. This is a social trend that is unstoppable. For singaporean man who has a proper job and steady income, getting PR for the foreign spouse will not be much problem under normal circumstances. Your children will also be entitled to Singapore citizenship and the baby bonus and education co-savings. At the same time, you will get a $10,000 income tax rebate, which translate to no personal income tax payment for at least 5 years.

But my wife personally experience some sort of discrmination at ICA last week when we went for citizenship application. The lady officer conducting the first interview was quite fierce to my wife when she was with my wife alone in the room. My wife claim that once i went into the room, the attitude of the officer changed to become polite.

For those reading this thread or for ladies samsters, Vietnamese Spouse are not inferior and Singaporean man marrying vietnamese spouse are not always individuals with low education and low pay. Many Singaporean man who holds degree or post graduate degrees and earn 5 digit income monthly are also with Vietnamese spouse. :D

Torres_Mok
08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
For those reading this thread or for ladies samsters, Vietnamese Spouse are not inferior and Singaporean man marrying vietnamese spouse are not always individuals with low education and low pay. Many Singaporean man who holds degree or post graduate degrees and earn 5 digit income monthly are also with Vietnamese spouse. :D[/QUOTE]

It is true that more and more professional and white collar workers are marrying vietnamese gals, as many such men believed that vietnamese gals are family oriented, beautiful and less demanding compared to sporean gals. I believed that this trend will go on.

Due to also some facts that majority of the sporean gals (but not all) think that sporean men are useless, mummyboy and always dare not take risk attitudes are seen not attractive to them. Anyway attractiveness is the eye of the beholder. All these attributes from the sporean men may not be attractive to the sporean gals but i think it is defintely attractive to the vietnamese gals.

perhaps a 50 to 60 year old SWM is more attractive than 20 to 40 year old sporean men.:D

SingViet
08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Today's Straits Times again featured a British Footballer attached to a local football club marrying a local chinese gal. In fact, two such examples of local gals marrying SWM were cited. And in the report, it stated that more and more Singaporean ladies are marrying SWM.

I remember a friend of mine who used to love SWM a lot. She was with a number of SWM before she finally settled for a french man. After that, they moved back to a town near paris. She told us that life was so hard and she really regretted marrying that guy.

Its an undeniable fact that SWM can sweet talk well, much better than local man. But its also undeniable that they sweet talk every other woman they meet. Anything eastern is in fashion now. I remember my British University classmate told me that its a trend to play with asian pussies. Go west and follow the western trend and u will end up like them, marrying a few times throughout your life. :D

We wish Singapore ladies the best in their future endeavours.

Torres_Mok
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
After talking so much about sporean gals craving for SWM, i don't know whether vietnamese gals like SWM or not? I hv not been to HCMC, but i hv heard alot of SWM r going to HCMC to look for vn gals! I also heard nicro r going there for vn gals too. If vn gals like SWM and nicro....... mati sia I hv to go to china shaolin to become a monk.......:eek:

Sha_Gua75
08-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Vietnamese gals are been favoured by many single sporean men now.

I heard vn govenment r trying to discourged their gals from marrying foreigers and i also heard those matchmaking agency that matchmake vn gals to foreigners r also ban in vietnam.

It should be that vn government discouraged their gals from marrying countries like Taiwan and korea etc...especially taiwanese...taiwanese go find gals and then make love with them...sleep with them...then in the end end up to be the wife of the taiwanese guy's mentally disabled brother....if not...the gals end up working as maid in the house....and also required to serve all the men in the house.... :eek:

Sha_Gua75
08-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I also afraid one day our government will also make it difficult for sporean men from marrying vn gals, as many sporean gals are still single.:cool:

Dont think so this will happen since both side government is working together now....:D

Torres_Mok
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
It should be that vn government discouraged their gals from marrying countries like Taiwan and korea etc...especially taiwanese...taiwanese go find gals and then make love with them...sleep with them...then in the end end up to be the wife of the taiwanese guy's mentally disabled brother....if not...the gals end up working as maid in the house....and also required to serve all the men in the house.... :eek:

Very sad to hear that vn gals suffered like that. :mad:

SingViet
09-02-2007, 08:37 AM

Sad stories like that are plentiful. Around 100,000 Vietnamese gals married taiwanese man for the past many years and there are also a group of them ended in divorce. I heard stories that are terrible like taiwanese husband brought another 2 man home after a night of drinking and demanded his vietnamese wife have a mass orgy. Penetrated the pussy. anal and mouth. Other stories included them serving like maids in the mentally disabled husband's family. Sad Sad stories lah.

But in recent years, hanoi placed restrictions on vietnamese gals marrying taiwanese man. Each year, only a limited number of taiwanese man are allowed to marry vietnamese gals. They have to go thru interview by the HCM government or Hanoi government. Those that passed the interview will be given a certificate of eligibility. With this certificate, they can go to the provisional government and apply for marriage with the vietnamese gal. At the provincial government, the taiwanese man and the vietnamese gal has to go thru another few rounds of interview to ensure consistency in their statements.

So nowadays, its not that easy for vietnamese ladies to marry taiwanese man. instead, Singaporean man are the most wanted as we are deemed as gentle and responsible, most importantly, they believe that singaporean husband will not beat the wives up. next in line after Singaporean man are the korean man.

SingViet
09-02-2007, 09:25 AM
For bros who needs a different view of Vietnam now, all prices quoted in US$
------------------------------------------------------------------------
60% of imported used cars are luxurious 17:25' 08/02/2007 (GMT+7)
VietNamNet Bridge – Some 500 used cars have been imported in the last seven months, since the Government lifted the ban on used car imports, 60% of which have been luxury cars, priced 2-3 times higher than brand new locally made cars.

The Italia-made Porsche now available in Vietnam
Vietnam remains a small market, but all luxurious brand names have appeared in the market, including BMW, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Audi and Jaguar. The HCM City-based Hoang Trong Company has been the biggest used car importer, importing 100 units so far, including unique cars that cannot be seen elsewhere in Vietnam.

These include the Maybach 62, Bentley Continental 2, Audi Q7 manufactured in 2007, Cadillac Escalade (series 2007), Mercedes Benz S550 (series 2007) and two-door BMW 650 (series 2006), which have prices of between $70,000 and several hundred thousand dollars.

Duy, a businessman who specialises in importing used cars in district 11 in HCM City, said that the majority of the luxurious cars were being purchased by the owners of businesses. In general, BMW 5-series and 7-series are favoured by young entrepreneurs, while Mercedes S class are used by elder businessmen, and playboys like driving BMWs and sports cars.

Duy said that businessmen who trade seafood and rice in the western area and construction steel traders have recently been added onto the list of his clients. The list also includes people who have become rich overnight thanks to profitable securities trading deals. Duy said that his clients, who only purchase unique cars, rarely pay by instalments; they always pay in cash, and once only.

The director of a Hanoi-based car trading company said that there were more and more people, business bosses, who wanted to buy luxury cars. He related the story of a construction company director, who sold and bought cars 10 times last year.

Used cars have been imported to Vietnam mostly to fulfil the orders of clients, and it takes 2-3 months on average to get cars, which come on shipping lines. Used car dealers mostly import cars from the US as there are many choices and the prices seem to be cheaper than of those from Europe.

Used imports have an average mileage of 2-3,000 miles; therefore, they are all in good condition.

However, it takes care and pain to play with cars. Only very few customers who are keen on vehicles can purchase models that manufacturers have just launched onto foreign markets. Several rich people and playboys, who don’t want to wait two or three months for their cars to be shipped to Vietnam, have had their cars shipped in by air.

Playboys have helped Vietnam’s market connect to the world’s car market. Playboys these days are whispering in each others’ ears the information that a BMW X5 manufactured in 2007, which has just been introduced in Germany, has appeared in the garage of an IT (information technology) company. It is said that the owner of the car is one of the 100 stock market millionaires.

D. said he has sold a Mercedes S600 manufactured in 2005 to the director of a steel company at VND4.5bil. The Maybach 62 imported to Vietnam at the end of last year as ordered by a businessman was valued at $580,000 after tax.

The red Rolls Royce manufactured in 1995 now being used by Mrs H., a businesswoman in the real estate sector, does not have an official price, but according to T., a used car importer, it must not be below $1mil.

The Bentley Continental that was sold by Hoang Trong Company to a rich man named K. was priced at $500,000.

T. revealed that a Rolls Royce, which is on its way to Vietnam, could set a price record as it might be valued at over $1mil.

SingViet
09-02-2007, 09:31 AM
It should be that vn government discouraged their gals from marrying countries like Taiwan and korea etc... :eek:

Wrong info bro. Only taiwanese man are discouraged. No rules are set for the korean man as yet.

Sha_Gua75
09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Wrong info bro. Only taiwanese man are discouraged. No rules are set for the korean man as yet.

then dont know liao...me no experience it myself before...everything same like most of us...hear say one :p

SingViet
09-02-2007, 12:10 PM
then dont know liao...me no experience it myself before...everything same like most of us...hear say one :p

Vietnamese loves to gossip and majority of their gossips are untrue. Can't blame them also, the government is not pro-active in explaining policies to the masses

Torres_Mok
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
So nowadays, its not that easy for vietnamese ladies to marry taiwanese man. instead, Singaporean man are the most wanted as we are deemed as gentle and responsible, most importantly, they believe that singaporean husband will not beat the wives up. next in line after Singaporean man are the korean man.[/QUOTE]

I am happy that sporean men r most wanted in vietnam. how about SWM?:confused:

SingViet
09-02-2007, 01:21 PM
I am happy that sporean men r most wanted in vietnam. how about SWM?:confused:

Most vietnamese ladies deem SWM as stingy. It is indeed true as most SWM are not willing to spend more money on vietnamese gals. They are always hoping for US$1 to US$10 fucks. This is what i have gathered from the vietnamese ladies i have met.

Torres_Mok
09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Most vietnamese ladies deem SWM as stingy. It is indeed true as most SWM are not willing to spend more money on vietnamese gals. They are always hoping for US$1 to US$10 fucks. This is what i have gathered from the vietnamese ladies i have met.

How about marriage? Do vietnamese gals fancy marrying a SWM? :confused:

ssilverzoommer
09-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Any bro can advice what is SWM???

Intel Ops
09-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Any bro can advice what is SWM???

SWM = St*pid WH**E Man

FYI only.

Intel Ops
09-02-2007, 04:36 PM
For bros who needs a different view of Vietnam now, all prices quoted in US$
------------------------------------------------------------------------
60% of imported used cars are luxurious 17:25' 08/02/2007 (GMT+7)
VietNamNet Bridge – Some 500 used cars have been imported in the last seven months, since the Government lifted the ban on used car imports, 60% of wh...... over $1mil.

Great changes are happening there however the income gap between the rich and the not so rich is still quite colossal. FYI only(if you are interested). :)

SingViet
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Great changes are happening there however the income gap between the rich and the not so rich is still quite colossal. FYI only(if you are interested). :)

Yes, i agree with you that the income gap is huge. Those in the province and those in the city.... Phew!!!

Happywheel
09-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi Bro Singvet,

well i have never bother to read this thread until today but only for the first few pages. will take my time to finish it. I have never tried a vietnam gals coz prefer thai FLs. Need to gather some information from you as i have a close friend who is in deep shit until we found out today.

He ROM with this viet gals after knowing her for 10 mths. pay drowry of 2.5k but never follow this gal back to vietnam. very fishy. Why we find out? becuz he was asking for loan from us....slowly we started to probe him into telling us the truth. He is trying to help his wife to settle the loan else she is going to work...maybe in joo chiat
Few question to ask becuz need to help him and more or less we know he is kena con but he can't let go....need to ask some question

1) How much is $10,000 SGD in vietnam
( his wife owe this amount and he is trying to help her settle)

2) His wife is 28 yrs old ( possibility she has a family over there)

3) She can speak chinese well as what friend tell me( never meet her before )

4) she go GM to send $$$ and my friend tell me the account belong to someone...how the remmitance is done in vietnam

really pity my friend but we are helpless. would have discouraged from ROM if he tell us the truth from begin....a heavy burden for him to carry

thanks
:)

naemlo
09-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I KPO abit.....

1) How much is $10,000 SGD in vietnam

1 SGD is about 10K Dong so with 10KSGD is about 100000000 Dong. :eek:

2) His wife is 28 yrs old ( possibility she has a family over there)

Family as in husband and kids or family as in parents, sis, bro???

3) She can speak chinese well as what friend tell me( never meet her before )

I know decent office gers in Vietnam speak chinese, cantonese.

4) she go GM to send $$$ and my friend tell me the account belong to someone...how the remmitance is done in vietnam

Most of the remmitances require ID before collecting the money.

naemlo
09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Great changes are happening there however the income gap between the rich and the not so rich is still quite colossal.

I saw a local driving a Porsche Cayenne on HCMC road, talk about rich :eek:

Happywheel
09-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I KPO abit.....

1 SGD is about 10K Dong so with 10KSGD is about 100000000 Dong. :eek:

Family as in husband and kids or family as in parents, sis, bro???

I know decent office gers in Vietnam speak chinese, cantonese.

Most of the remmitances require ID before collecting the money.

sure why not...more advice better

my friend want to take loan to help his wife

kena fuck by my friends and me.....i think he really in deep shit

some more he tell us it too late for him to quit...:mad:

SingViet
09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
sure why not...more advice better
my friend want to take loan to help his wife
kena fuck by my friends and me.....i think he really in deep shit

Bro Happywheel, as you didn't give much info on this case, i can only come to this conclusion.

Firstly, your friend got to know the gal at Joo Chiat or thru marriage agency.

Secondly; Possible Scenarios

Scenario ONE

Its so common for Vietnamese gals to con foreigner guys. Let me relate one incident to you. My wife told me that when she first got to know me, her friends asked her to sign on a piece of fake IOU and bring the IOU to me for money. They asked my wife to get from me 10K USD. They said my wife will get 50% and they will get 50%. But my wife refused. There will always be some vietnamese gal out there who wants to con foreigner guys. Ask your guy friend, has he seen his wife borrowing money from someone else after she married him? Put it simply, she will run off after she gotten the money from your friend.

Scenario TWO

The family of the gal actually owed the money to the loan sharks in vietnam and wants the gal to pay for them as they think that she can always ask from the husband. If this is the case, there is no need to pay for them. You pay for them once, they will come again in a few months time. How much money your friend will have to help her family pay off debts?

Scenario THREE

The gal is actually a working gal. She has borrrowed money from the mamasan to come singapore to work. So now after marrying your friend, she doesn't work anymore and has no income to pay the mamasan. The mamasan will go after her family in vietnam. I have personally know a mamasan who lends money to Vietnamese gal to go abroad to work. For example, for every dollar she lends to the gal, she will get back $1.25. So its 25% interest. If the gal doesn't pay, she will engage gangsters to go after the gal's family.

These are the possible scenarios i can think of. Cannot comment too much as not much info is given. As for the answers for the other questions, bro namelo has answer already :D

SingViet
09-02-2007, 06:57 PM

At Golden Mile, she can always send the money to her relative and home address. They need to have ID to collect money. Or they can always use Western Union. If they send it to the account of someone else, high chance that she's returning the money to mamasan or she is sending money to someone else (besides her family) in vietnam. Most province villagers don't have any bank account. :cool:

naemlo
09-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Hmmm it is never too late to quit. :rolleyes: Is money loaned???

Sha_Gua75
09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Vietnamese loves to gossip and majority of their gossips are untrue. Can't blame them also, the government is not pro-active in explaining policies to the masses

Hear Say is from the news media from vietnam...not gossip :o

Sha_Gua75
09-02-2007, 11:35 PM
How about marriage? Do vietnamese gals fancy marrying a SWM? :confused:

I think most of the vietnamese girl will choose USA as their number 1 choice...Even though no matter USA is good or not...becos they have painted a very beautiful picture of USA...maybe sad to say...Singapore is no choice then take one...or becos no choice in love....

I talked to some vietnamese people...I ask them how come they like USA so much when USA and Singapore is no much difference..even some of the thing surpass USA...They only replied no matter what...even though some may know USA is not that good in reality....they still want go there...:eek:

Maybe it is of the passport...to them...everything USA number 1...but i think USA the only nice thing is the cool weather...other than that...most of the thing no difference...

Torres_Mok
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM

who is this pretty gal? :confused:

Sha_Gua75
09-02-2007, 11:49 PM

Too late as in kanna kong tao till cant pull back liao...deep deep roi...give up is only the day when he cannot find she no matter how....:o

Happywheel
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
At Golden Mile, she can always send the money to her relative and home address. They need to have ID to collect money. Or they can always use Western Union. If they send it to the account of someone else, high chance that she's returning the money to mamasan or she is sending money to someone else (besides her family) in vietnam. Most province villagers don't have any bank account. :cool:

thanks for the info. why i ask you about this is because my friend tell me the $$ remitted was into another person name as his wife do not has a vietnam back account.he explained to me that his wife's family do not have bank account so using someone bank acct. the money will deliver to the gal family by the remit company...is it true bro?

i suspected my friend know this gal at joo chiat but he tell us she was introduced to him by his colleague's wife....cousin.

naemlo
10-02-2007, 03:15 AM
I think most of the vietnamese girl will choose USA as their number 1 choice...

Have they forgotten abt Vietnam war :D

naemlo
10-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Too late as in kanna kong tao till cant pull back liao...deep deep roi...give up is only the day when he cannot find she no matter how....:o

Pass me 5kSGD I will help him get out of kong tao... :D

SingViet
10-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Hear Say is from the news media from vietnam...not gossip :o

Bro, which media you got the news about restrictions on korean man marrying vietnamese gals? I have been reading vietnam news daily for the past 3 years, but never read anything like this before.

SingViet
10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I think most of the vietnamese girl will choose USA as their number 1 choice...Even though no matter USA is good or not...becos they have painted a very beautiful picture of USA...maybe sad to say...Singapore is no choice then take one...or becos no choice in love....

Vietnamese love for USA has been since before the vietnam war. They believe that USA will give them chances to make money and become rich. At the same time, the large number of vietkieus in USA gave them the wrong impression that once they go USA, they will strike it rich. Wrong idea and wrong impression, but they still believe in it. But their desire to go USA doesn't mean they love SWM. They love the vietkieus more than the SWM.

Singapore is rising in profile for the past few years in Vietnam. Vietnamese gals believe that Singaporean man treat their wives and families well. So its not a matter of no choice then take one. Bro Sha Gua, how long have you not been to Vietnam roi? About time you go Vietnam more often to update your understanding of the people and country :D

chanyboy
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM
bros, who planning trip up to HCM? Jetstar offers start. It's good to know more of the country, the gals & the mindset. Leads like SingViet, Nyquist etc. would probably be able to bring us around town... any chance?

I'll be the first in the queue:

- Chanyboy
- Kangtuo??
- Sha Qua??

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Have they forgotten abt Vietnam war :D

No they never forget...They always remember why UNCLE HCM started the bloody war and chased the Americans away....

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 11:38 AM
bros, who planning trip up to HCM? Jetstar offers start. It's good to know more of the country, the gals & the mindset. Leads like SingViet, Nyquist etc. would probably be able to bring us around town... any chance?

- Chanyboy
- Kangtuo??
- Sha Qua??

i always go alone and come back alone...:o

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
but they still believe in it. But their desire to go USA doesn't mean they love SWM.

no matter what...they still prefer to stay at USA than Singapore if have a chance....to them it is still "higher" life..

About time you go Vietnam more often to update your understanding of the people and country :D

I go after my trip to the no.1 country...but then go there also wont be able to understand the people and country :D

SingViet
10-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I go after my trip to the no.1 country...but then go there also wont be able to understand the people and country :D

i got good suggestion for you to understand the country better. Go stay there for 2 years and i am sure u will understand them much better :D

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
i got good suggestion for you to understand the country better. Go stay there for 2 years and i am sure u will understand them much better :D

kill me better....

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Staying in HCM need to hv income! Any job opportunity for sporean in HCMC?:confused:

SingViet
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Staying in HCM need to hv income! Any job opportunity for sporean in HCMC?:confused:

If want to live well there, must either do business there or get posted there as expat. But must be careful hor, some singapore companies offer peanuts salary for singaporean staff based there. :D

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
If want to live well there, must either do business there or get posted there as expat. But must be careful hor, some singapore companies offer peanuts salary for singaporean staff based there. :D

What type of business can sporean do in vietnam, eg F&B? I hv heard vietnamese govt official no easy to handle if a person want to do business in vn! :)

KangTuo
10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Torres_Mok

What type of business can sporean do in vietnam, eg F&B? I hv heard vietnamese govt official no easy to handle if a person want to do business in vn!

Bro, if do business, try to bring some idea from singapore to vietnam... eg medicure/pedicure or setup some form of agency there.

My brother just started his business begining of this year.. need to have a vietnamese partner, foreigner cannot setup alone. And also quite a number of agency to go to do paperwork. He even prepared some amount of money during his opening ceremony...in case got authority come and disturb..

This is the limited knowledge that i can share... still very new to understand vietnam as compared to bro SingViet

KangTuo
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posetd by Chanyboy

- Chanyboy
- Kangtuo??
- Sha Qua??

Bro i have already got plans to go hcm... beginning or march and mid april. But i will be going there alone... thanks for the invitation.
basically is to see my ba xa there... also to check out whether all the things she told me is true or not.

Mid april fly there by jetstar (early morning)... fly back by tiger(noon time). It should be a better deal and the flight timing seems better this way.

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Bro, if do business, try to bring some idea from singapore to vietnam... eg medicure/pedicure or setup some form of agency there.

My brother just started his business begining of this year.. need to have a vietnamese partner, foreigner cannot setup alone. And also quite a number of agency to go to do paperwork. He even prepared some amount of money during his opening ceremony...in case got authority come and disturb..

This is the limited knowledge that i can share... still very new to understand vietnam as compared to bro SingViet

Bro,
Thanks for the info!:)

SingViet
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM

Bro, we are no fight to Vietnamese in terms of medicure and pedicure. They are much better and cheaper than Singapore. When i say cheap, i mean around 40,000 VND (S$4). If any bro has the chance, do go and try their 1 hr hair washing experience. Singapore saloons wash hair for maybe 5 to 10 mins, but in Vietnam, its around 45 mins to 1 hr. They massage your head and also wash face for you, will even shave for you. And best of all, its damm cheap. :D

SingViet
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM

thanks for the compliments but i think i am still learning. there are some other bros out there who know vietnam better than i do. :D

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 06:08 PM
thanks for the compliments but i think i am still learning. there are some other bros out there who know vietnam better than i do. :D

Maybe lament can match u. :D

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM

if lament match...it will be a joke....anyway even if lament match...maybe it is more to his Jc life:rolleyes:

SingViet
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM

not to be arrogant, but lament is more specialized in joo chiat's little vietnam than Vietnam itself. It has been a long long long long time since he last step onto a HCM City bound plane :cool:

Happywheel
10-02-2007, 07:29 PM

what to do ..we will loan him some $$ but won't expect it will be return :)

but there won't be second time...hope u can pull thru otherwise more sad things will follow

god bless him

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
not to be arrogant, but lament is more specialized in joo chiat's little vietnam than Vietnam itself. It has been a long long long long time since he last step onto a HCM City bound plane :cool:

I also frequent jc area, 51, but i don't know whether he (lament) hang in 51 or not or other jc pub! I only know he started vietnamese programme:D

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
if lament match...it will be a joke....anyway even if lament match...maybe it is more to his Jc life:rolleyes:

Bro,

U also hang around jc area?:confused:

SingViet
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
what to do ..we will loan him some $$ but won't expect it will be return :)

but there won't be second time...hope u can pull thru otherwise more sad things will follow

god bless him

Once the gal got his way this time, many many times will come in the future. I think the gal's whole family is shaking legs in the province waiting for her to send money home to feed them. When they succeed this time, their legs will shake even harder and your friend will need to send more money to them soon :rolleyes:

SingViet
10-02-2007, 07:51 PM

For those bros who are interested, i found this piece of old news on the internet:

Vietnam bride: I was tortured
STARVED, PIERCED WITH NEEDLES, CUT WITH KNIFE
IT is a shocking tale of abuse.
12 June 2004

The Taiwanese man allegedly pierced his Vietnamese bride's fingers with needles and soaked her hands in salt water.

He also allegedly shot rubber bands at her eyelids and used a wooden pole and knife to hit and cut her back.

After less than a year of abuse, Liu Cheng-chi, 39, allegedly abandoned Ms Tuan Jih-ling, now 20, at the side of a road.

Ms Tuan was allegedly confined to the house and given one meal a day, reported Apple Daily Taiwan.

In a year, she shrank from a slim 40kg to just 20kg.

Liu apparently inflicted all this pain on his bride because he believed she had given him a sexually-transmitted disease (STD).

This tale of revenge was revealed in a Taiwanese court recently, as Liu and his ex-wife Lin Li-ju, 34, who allegedly helped him in the abuse, were put on trial.

They are charged with enslaving and abusing Ms Tuan, who has since recovered from her injuries.

It all began when Liu and Lin, who have a daughter together, were desperate for a son.

Lin apparently decided Liu should take another wife. The couple divorced and Liu went on a matchmaking trip to Vietnam, where he met Ms Tuan.

Upon his return to Taiwan, he felt unwell. A doctor told him that he had a bacterial infection but Liu reportedly suspected that Ms Tuan, who had been a hostess in a hotel previously, had given him an STD.

Ms Tuan moved to Taiwan in April 2002.

It was only then she realised that Liu and Lin were already divorced but were still living together with their daughter.

Just three months after she arrived, Liu and Lin reportedly started torturing Ms Tuan.

The torture came to an end only in February 2003, when Liu and Lin are said to have become worried that they might kill Ms Tuan with their abuse.

That was when they allegedly abandoned her at the side of a road.

Ms Tuan stumbled into a restaurant and begged for a meal.

A police report was made and she was sent to hospital.

Liu appeared in court wearing a monk's robes and reciting Buddhist chants.

He claimed to be mentally ill.

However, after investigation, the authorities concluded that neither Liu nor Lim were mentally ill when they inflicted the torture.

If found guilty, they could be jailed for up to seven years.

SingViet
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
"My Husband Is As Old As My Grandfather!"

Dao Mai is 21 years old, the youngest girl in her family. Her mom’s business in Vietnam failed and the family was suddenly plunged into debt. So Mai did what she felt a dutiful daughter should do: she went into the city and signed up with a marriage broker. Mai knew this would mean she may never see her family again, but she could not stand idly by and watch her family’s situation deteriorate.

Mai was eventually “picked” by a 66 year old Taiwanese man who came to Vietnam, like thousands others before him, to find a bride. Of the thousands of dollars that exchanged hands between the man and the Vietnamese broker, Mai’s family only got US$133. The family used up the money, and then some, to travel to the city for the marriage ceremony. But Mai hoped to be able to work once in Taiwan and send money home to help her parents and siblings.

Mai arrived in Taiwan in June 2004. Immediately after her arrival, she was locked up in the bedroom. Her husband then kept her naked, forbidding her from wearing any clothes during her entire incarceration. As he takes his regular dose of Viagra, he would force himself upon her, starving her until she gives in to his demands. Sometimes he would beat her when she resists his advances. On the 9th and 10th days of captivity, Mai’s husband beat her so constantly and so severely that she escaped.

The policeman who found Mai took her to a domestic violence shelter, where she is currently residing. Hospital records showed that she had numerous bruises and that she had contracted a sexually transmitted disease. However, the police claimed they do not have enough evidence to prosecute her husband. Since her husband refuses to divorce her, her case languished for months.

Eventually, Mai heard about Reverend Hung through another victim at the shelter and contacted him for help. Our office took her to the Legal Aid Foundation and secured her a pro bono lawyer. Her case is still on hold.

* The victim’s name has been changed to protect her identity

KangTuo
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by SingViet

For those bros who are interested, i found this piece of old news on the internet:

Vietnam bride: I was tortured
STARVED, PIERCED WITH NEEDLES, CUT WITH KNIFE
12 June 2004

The Taiwanese man allegedly pierced his Vietnamese bride's fingers with needles and soaked her hands in salt water.

He also allegedly shot rubber bands at her eyelids and used a wooden pole and knife to hit and cut her back.

After less than a year of abuse, Liu Cheng-chi, 39, allegedly abandoned Ms Tuan Jih-ling, now 20, at the side of a road.

No wonder my ba xa say Taiwanese man are not good. Marry to Taiwan will be working like slave. When a Taiwanese man look at her, she avoid as fast as possible.

Mai was eventually “picked” by a 66 year old Taiwanese man who came to Vietnam,

I was staying at Khach San Cua Voung (if i still spell correctly)at District 5 (Near An Dong). Many Taiwanese man was there for matchmaking. Every morning can see Taiwanese and few young viet gals and agent at the breakfast table. Can see really old old man still looking for vietnamese wife. From the look and dressing of the viet gals, can know that they don't stay in hcm.

I remember my ba xa tell me that $2000 can marry a wife in vietnam already. Thats why many Taiwanese come here to matchmake.

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 08:19 PM
It is indeed very sad to hear this kind of stories! I don't know whether any vietnamese gals hv been tortured in spore. I hope not, if yes, it will bring shame to us, spore men!

We sporean men are like ambassador of spore, we should take good care of our vietnamese wife if we have one, so our reputation as sporean men in vietnam will be good! :)

milfmilf
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
One mother wrote to ZhaoBao about their viet daughter-in-law

The family spent $14k to get a viet wife for the quiet and conservative factory operator son through agency and flew over to vietrnam to choose. She did not like those girls because they put on thick make-up. However her son chose one 22 yrs old so LL they accepted and brought her back to SG. Then nightmare starts as this viet girl keep complaining headache and found little tumor in the head and have to see doctor frequently. Sekali after 1 yr plus she ran away with their cash and electronic stuff like Digital camera and likes. Worst she found her son hasn't have sex with her cos she keep complaining not feeling well.

Torres_Mok
10-02-2007, 11:35 PM
One mother wrote to ZhaoBao about their viet daughter-in-law

The family spent $14k to get a viet wife for the quiet and conservative factory operator son through agency and flew over to vietrnam to choose. She did not like those girls because they put on thick make-up. However her son chose one 22 yrs old so LL they accepted and brought her back to SG. Then nightmare starts as this viet girl keep complaining headache and found little tumor in the head and have to see doctor frequently. Sekali after 1 yr plus she ran away with their cash and electronic stuff like Digital camera and likes. Worst she found her son hasn't have sex with her cos she keep complaining not feeling well.

This is a sad story involving a sporean man. I hv to admit that been a sporean man is very tough! Majority of our sporean gals think that we sporean men are conservative, mummyboy, dare not take risk and KS, so our sporean gals look for SWM! So sporean men look aboard for wives!

Been nice, gentle and responsible sporean men hv always been a set back. Foreign gals start to take advantage and climb over our head.

Recently a case involving a man was constantly hit by his indonesian wife and also accused him of raping her. The indonesian gal also hv bf outside! Her husband become a cuckold! ended up the husband kill his wife, and was charged manslaughter!!

There is a saying that I always believe; 'man not bad, woman don't love' :cool:

Sha_Gua75
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Bro,

U also hang around jc area?:confused:

Long time ago....in area 51....:rolleyes:

now very rare u see me there...even go also for awhile...just to refresh for the sake of it

naemlo
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Long time ago....in area 51....:rolleyes:

now very rare u see me there...even go also for awhile...just to refresh for the sake of it

So when I c u, I consider very lucky? :D

Sha_Gua75
11-02-2007, 12:02 AM
So when I c u, I consider very lucky? :D

Vang.....:o

SingViet
11-02-2007, 06:56 AM
One mother wrote to ZhaoBao about their viet daughter-in-law. The family spent $14k to get a viet wife for the quiet and conservative factory operator son through agency and flew over to vietrnam to choose. She did not like those girls because they put on thick make-up. However her son chose one 22 yrs old so LL they accepted and brought her back to SG. Then nightmare starts as this viet girl keep complaining headache and found little tumor in the head and have to see doctor frequently. Sekali after 1 yr plus she ran away with their cash and electronic stuff like Digital camera and likes. Worst she found her son hasn't have sex with her cos she keep complaining not feeling well.

Its either the son is damm stupid or the vietnamese lady is damm clever. In any country, there will surely be both reasonable and unreasonable people. For bros who have vietnamese spouse or planning to have vietnamese spouse, you have to be in charge of the finances. If you let your wife take charge of the finances, you will bleed to death. Once her family members start telling her they need money, there is high chance that she will withdraw the money and send it back to her family. I have been controlling the finances of my family since i married my wife. if she wants something, i will buy for her. Normally her wallet will have only S$100. Even the VISA i gave her has a credit limit. Not that i don't trust my wife, but i don't trust her family :rolleyes:

Torres_Mok
11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
For those brothers who hv vietanmese spouses, are your property under joint names with your vietnamese spouses:confused:

SingViet
11-02-2007, 03:18 PM
For those brothers who hv vietanmese spouses, are your property under joint names with your vietnamese spouses:confused:

My 5 room flat in Singapore is joint name with my wife as she is already PR. With joint tenancy, i can enjoy the initial $30K from HDB. My properties in Vietnam are all under her name, but with my name as sponsor on reverse side of title deed. My wife already brained washed by me already, so i don't worry too much about her family members in vietnam nowadays. But for other bros who still need time to develop trust on your vietnamese spouse, its better to be the only owner of your property. Let time develop trust between you two :D

milfmilf
11-02-2007, 04:50 PM

today Sunday times has an aritcle on this topic. Bros can go read up and keep it under your pillow :D

Actually i quite worry about how the women charter can affect me if got foreign wife. But seems like it has little impact if the wife did not contribute much all along. At least a bit fair to the man.

milfmilf
11-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Recently a case involving a man was constantly hit by his indonesian wife and also accused him of raping her. The indonesian gal also hv bf outside! Her husband become a cuckold! ended up the husband kill his wife, and was charged manslaughter!!

Seems like there is new development on this case. The husband is not going to get off the hook so soon with his "story". Not to judge a book by it's cover...but the guy looks too ganster to be bullied by that sweet looking small build wife.

*off topic* :p

Happywheel
11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Once the gal got his way this time, many many times will come in the future. I think the gal's whole family is shaking legs in the province waiting for her to send money home to feed them. When they succeed this time, their legs will shake even harder and your friend will need to send more money to them soon :rolleyes:

my friend is sourcing $$ for his wife to bring back vietnam to celebrate CNY.
He is asking for a loan of 1.5k from us..so i believe he will chip in some $ from his own pocket .
In total i believe should be around 2k for her to bring back
Do they need so much $? is think he is out of his mind :eek:

KangTuo
11-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by milfmilf
Actually i quite worry about how the women charter can affect me if got foreign wife.

Bro, Women Charther is to protect women. A weapon Women use against men. Not matter if she is a foreign wife or not. As long as she is a women, she can use it against us...

Rof|maoxz
11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Actually i quite worry about how the women charter can affect me if got foreign wife. But seems like it has little impact if the wife did not contribute much all along. At least a bit fair to the man.

No worries.... either you married with a female, either local or foreign nationalities in Singapore, they are protected by Women's Charter act. Have fun. :D

SingViet
11-02-2007, 07:21 PM
my friend is sourcing $$ for his wife to bring back vietnam to celebrate CNY.
He is asking for a loan of 1.5k from us..so i believe he will chip in some $ from his own pocket .
In total i believe should be around 2k for her to bring back
Do they need so much $? is think he is out of his mind :eek:

S$2000 is not a lot of money to the province vietnamese. It only translate to around US$1300 and i am sure the relatives of the vietnamese lady can finish it in just a few days. When these province vietnamese spend money earned by others, they will say its just a little. Let me relate an incident that i encountered recently.

The eldest sister of my wife migrated to the US around 7 years ago. Her life in US is not easy and she also doesn't earn much. Last year, she came back to Vietnam to visit her relatives. She was like Santa, giving out US$100 to US$200 to each family of her siblings and also gave another US$500 to her parents. 3 days after coming back, she has already spent around US$2500. To cut short, she spent US$12,000 staying in vietnam for 6 weeks. Everyone wants to get some cash out of her. Poor lady. She returned to US as poor lady again. She made a remark that she cannot come back Vietnam for another at least 5 years as she needs to save up again.

So you think S$2000 is Big Amount of money to the province vietnamese? :rolleyes:

SingViet
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Bro, Women Charther is to protect women. A weapon Women use against men. Not matter if she is a foreign wife or not. As long as she is a women, she can use it against us...

Woman's Charter? What if we have no assets to share but a whole load of debts? She wants to take over 50% of the debts? :D

SingViet
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Woman's Charter? What if we have no assets to share but a whole load of debts? She wants to take over 50% of the debts? :D

We say until vietnamese wives are so bad. But in fact, not all are that bad. For every problem that their family created, there will be many solutions. Like myself now, i have learnt how to handle my in-laws. So for bros who are hoping to marry vietnamese gals, don't panic yet. :D

KangTuo
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by SingViet

Woman's Charter? What if we have no assets to share but a whole load of debts? She wants to take over 50% of the debts?

I also wonder if they will share debts.

At the moment i am now creating a lot of debt for myself. Transfer all my assets or money to my parents.

Hope that this can prevent my ex-patner (a sillyporean) from getting too much from me when we officially divorce.

I really hate women charter... only create problems for guys :mad:

milfmilf
11-02-2007, 11:49 PM
the women's charter act just snatch half the man's asset upon divorce without conditions? Any sammy lawyer around to confirm? :D

SingViet
12-02-2007, 09:04 AM
I also wonder if they will share debts.

At the moment i am now creating a lot of debt for myself. Transfer all my assets or money to my parents.

Hope that this can prevent my ex-patner (a sillyporean) from getting too much from me when we officially divorce.

I really hate women charter... only create problems for guys :mad:

What this means is that we have to play politics in marriage too. Nothing is too pure and innocent for us to show our true self nowadays. Politics in office, politics in marriage etc etc