PDA

View Full Version : How to get to sichuan. need help.

jojogigi
17-09-2008, 06:58 PM
i dunno if this is the right forum. so don't zap me... dunno where to post.

I'm thinking of flying to sichuan . find my lover of cos. (dun scold me stupid or what la. go there travel also can chiong night spots at the same time. nvr been to china b4.)

anyway buying tiger air. should i take to . haikou, guangzhou or shenzhen then take train?

i dunno where is more accessible. any PRC chionging bros can advice thanks.

colins
17-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Sichuan is a 'little bigger' than Singapore, and there are like 11 airports in the province itself. Where are you going in sichuan?

jojogigi
17-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Sichuan is a 'little bigger' than Singapore, and there are like 11 airports in the province itself. Where are you going in sichuan?

ehhh i dunno where she stay in sichuan (haven ask her yet). I can stay any place in sichuan also can la. Just wanna know take flight to haikou, guangzhou or shenzhen which one nearer to take train. Not intending to take domestic flights.

colins
17-09-2008, 07:23 PM
If I boldly assume that you are visiting Chengdu, the capital city in Sichuan, then Guangzhou is slightly nearer. Either way, a flight starting from GZ or SZ will take 2 to 2.5 hrs to reach Chengdu. So if you going by train (transfer from airport to train station and all), it's going to be a lifetime of experience squeezed into that one or two days of travelling. So bro, take care. If you've never been to China before, I strongly suggest taking direct flight.

DO_YOU_BJ
17-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Sichuan is not small!
Wudang, shaolin, five gorges all in sichuan.
If you say main int'l airport then its Chengdu airport
4hrs35min flt via Silk Air or Air China.
Silk air departs 10+am arrive just after 3pm
Air China departs early like 7+am arrives before noon
To stay there, I wud recommend Shangri-la..the latest n newest top notch hotel that's walking distance to their popular nite spots.

jojogigi
17-09-2008, 09:02 PM
tk u tk u.... tk u.... *bow head....

thks for the advice might as well take direct flight.

featherbird
17-09-2008, 09:02 PM
strange thread in a wrong thread.......

jojogigi
17-09-2008, 09:07 PM
one more thing. how to apply visa? now china need visa... me nvr apple b4. Cos everytime go is no need one.

Renji
19-09-2008, 01:51 PM
You need to go to the Chinese Embassy located at 150 Tanglin Road. Cost is around $25 for normal processing and higher for express. Now that the Olympics is over, i think it may not be required?

The Chinese Embassy website
EMBASSY OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA IN THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE (http://www.chinaembassy.org.sg/eng/)

colins
19-09-2008, 03:52 PM
NOTICE(visa waiver practice)
2008/09/17

From 19 September 2008, the visa waiver practice will be resumed for Singaporean ordinary passport holders who are traveling to China for business, tourism or visiting relatives for 15 days or less.

goodfun
19-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Either way, a flight starting from GZ or SZ will take 2 to 2.5 hrs to reach Chengdu. So if you going by train (transfer from airport to train station and all), it's going to be a lifetime of experience squeezed into that one or two days of travelling. So bro, take care. If you've never been to China before, I strongly suggest taking direct flight.

take bro colins advice should be good.
take direct flight from silk air will be better,if u take train :eek:

jojogigi
19-09-2008, 05:30 PM
take bro colins advice should be good.
take direct flight from silk air will be better,if u take train :eek:

ok will do ... thks!

dc7176
19-09-2008, 10:44 PM
next question, how to get to nanning??? how much is the airfare?? :D

naemlo
19-09-2008, 10:48 PM
next question, how to get to nanning??? how much is the airfare?? :D

Nanning is where huh?? U also going there to look for your mm? I going Ningbo.... how to get to Ningbo?? :D

dc7176
19-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Nanning is where huh?? U also going there to look for your mm? I going Ningbo.... how to get to Ningbo?? :D

nnkc!!! when u at ningbo?? i b there 21 to 23 this month!! wahaha...

i know 3 ways, sin transit at pvg to ningbo, hkg to ningbo or guangzhou to ningbo??

most troublesome is from pvg to ningbo, need to get out of pudong airport n go to hongqiao airport. :p

Nanning?? capital of guangxi, juz ask for fun la... keke... there is shenzhen airline from sillypore to there straight!! :p:D

jojogigi
20-09-2008, 06:09 PM
we should post a sticky thread on how to get to different parts of china . that will help.

Kiddo
21-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Sichuan is not small!
Wudang, shaolin, five gorges all in sichuan.
If you say main int'l airport then its Chengdu airport
4hrs35min flt via Silk Air or Air China.
Silk air departs 10+am arrive just after 3pm
Air China departs early like 7+am arrives before noon
To stay there, I wud recommend Shangri-la..the latest n newest top notch hotel that's walking distance to their popular nite spots.

Just to sidetrack from the main topic a bit.

FYI, Wudang is in Hubei province and Shaolin is in Henan province. Nvr heard of Five Gorges. Mount Emei and Mount Qingcheng is in Sichuan though!

Cheers!

naemlo
21-09-2008, 12:45 AM
nnkc!!! when u at ningbo?? i b there 21 to 23 this month!! wahaha...

Should be mid of oct. :D

Wooden_Handle
21-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Bros can log in and check the flight schedule at:

Welcome to Singapore Airlines: Asia's leading airline with flights serving over 35 countries (http://www.singaporeair.com)