PDA

View Full Version : Getting a decent job for a china girl on student pass?

violetdragon
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Any one can please offer any advice? She's attending a private school and
legally not allowed to work. I didn't even know she got to earn her own lodging and food, does anyone has any lobang for job for her?
Pub is out liao cos she just got assaulted last week.
Thanks in advance for whoever who can help

:(

sammyboyfor
08-10-2008, 07:02 AM

What business is it of yours whether she gets a job and what sort of job it is?:rolleyes:

ilovelife.now
08-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Bro most of the time getting a job on student pass is very difficult.. so they do it illegally. Most of the time such jobs are in small shops and pay less than 1000$. Check with your friends/relatives who are into business.

This risk can be taken but what makes a decent job differs for each and every one.

violetdragon
09-10-2008, 12:18 AM
What business is it of yours whether she gets a job and what sort of job it is?:rolleyes:

Cos I like her and that's the reason.

violetdragon
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Bro most of the time getting a job on student pass is very difficult.. so they do it illegally. Most of the time such jobs are in small shops and pay less than 1000$. Check with your friends/relatives who are into business.

This risk can be taken but what makes a decent job differs for each and every one.

Too bad none of my relative or friends are into business, I want her to get some decent job, decent job as in the pay is enough to pay for her lodging and living expenses, from what I see, she isn't those type of city type of girl, pay less than $1000 ? I suppose that's not a problem, I m really out of ideas now as to how to help her now, seems all advertisement in newspaper won't ever employ students on S pass and from private school.

My friend advised me not to date her out anymore, cos if she has a feel for me, I am instead doing more harm to her instead of helping her as she might degrade herself to earn money in order to stay on in singapore .
It's the first time ever I met someone who can get a long with me ( girl I m refering to )...
Bro , you got any suggestion?

ekemono
09-10-2008, 09:33 AM
is enough to pay for her lodging and living expenses, from what I see, she isn't those type of city type of girl, pay less than $1000 ?

she might degrade herself

What about the school fees? fully paid for or in installment? And is there any loan incurred when she comes to SG?

With a sensible gal, the choice of degrading herself or not has nothing to do with you. Your friends had not had a better impression of foreigner to start with. If those words you wrote are words from thier mouth, then I may be guessing they are visualising your gal ending up selling her diginity and pride. Your gal PRC?

With those tot of her doing "degrading" things or otherwise for your sake, then are you also prepared to do things for her? Some financial support if she could not make ends meet no matter how hard she tries? I hope you are.

FL Lover
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Too bad none of my relative or friends are into business, I want her to get some decent job, decent job as in the pay is enough to pay for her lodging and living expenses

My friend advised me not to date her out anymore, cos if she has a feel for me, I am instead doing more harm to her instead of helping her as she might degrade herself to earn money in order to stay on in singapore .

Bro, there are other ways of getting jobs for her. Have you ever ask her to look for jobs that would allow her to work from home? The $$ might not be alot but at least it is something.

Also is she yor gf? As what other bros had said, you better think twice if you are thinking of giving $ to her to settle her study loan.... No point lah. She might leave you for someone else in future. She should try to sette the problem herself. You on the other hand...just provide moral support.

FIRST RULE OF RELATIONSHIP. Dont get $$ involved. If she threaten to leave you becaues of $$, her true color is shown. Forget her and moved on. Dont be naive and act hero, my bro. We are going into recession soon.:D

kiko
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi bro: You can try ask her apply sportslink, i heard they hired students from NAFA who have students from china .. PM me for more detail. bro !

colins
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Too bad none of my relative or friends are into business, I want her to get some decent job, decent job as in the pay is enough to pay for her lodging and living expenses, from what I see, she isn't those type of city type of girl, pay less than $1000 ? I suppose that's not a problem, I m really out of ideas now as to how to help her now, seems all advertisement in newspaper won't ever employ students on S pass and from private school.

It's the first time ever I met someone who can get a long with me ( girl I m refering to )...
Bro , you got any suggestion?

Bro stop for a while. You already said its illegal yet the only idea you can think of 'helping' her is to put her at risk to be deported, losing both the chance to receive her education and the opportunity to get a proper job upon graduation. That is funny, and you added you wanted people who trust you (i.e. relatives) to employ her. Your stupid idea is putting every mother's son at risk with the law, and you are doing all these just to make you feel good that you have 'help' her?

Suggestion? If you are not able to help her, pls dun make yourself the bloody hero who can only score own goals.

slider_72
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Errr.... I am not sure about this but I remember reading somewhere before that a person on a student pass is permitted to take up certain restricted types of employment. TS you better check with ICA on the restrictions first.

violetdragon
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
What about the school fees? fully paid for or in installment? And is there any loan incurred when she comes to SG?

With a sensible gal, the choice of degrading herself or not has nothing to do with you. Your friends had not had a better impression of foreigner to start with. If those words you wrote are words from thier mouth, then I may be guessing they are visualising your gal ending up selling her diginity and pride. Your gal PRC?

With those tot of her doing "degrading" things or otherwise for your sake, then are you also prepared to do things for her? Some financial support if she could not make ends meet no matter how hard she tries? I hope you are.

Some? She's from China indeed , lol, I can eat just one meal per day to survive in order to save money just for her, offered to help her pay lodging and food if needed but she declined ... She won't accept , saying I already did a lot for her ...

violetdragon
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice, I will keep trying to find a job for her . Up till now, she has not asked me for any money, neither will she accept help in terms of money for her lodging and other expenses.

FromBoy2Man
09-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Which country is she from? From the standard of living here, do you think earning $1k per month is enough, maybe $2k also not enough to meet her month end expenses? Her lodging, daily expenses and school fees, even a normal working class with $2k per month and after cpf will be $1.6 will be just enough to meet her minimum monthly expenses. So how is she going to survive the standard of living here and what can she do after she finish her course? There is so many problem that very difficult to solve unless her bf is earning take home pay $5k per month if not to me it is just dragging day after day with no aims.

if i am not wrong and sorry if i am wrong, just do a simple calculation and it might show that inorder to let them stay in here will eventually drag a man who earn take home pay $1.6k into serious problem that is bankruptcy.

FromBoy2Man
10-10-2008, 12:25 AM
For an average man earning $2k, taking home $1.6k staying with parents, no need to pay school fee, eat at home (mum cook), they already feel that they have to spend until dry dry and keep waiting for next pay day.

For a foreigner who attend school here(some might still with loan to pay back in their home), their daily expenses, food, school fees, lodging and textbook, transport. Imaging all needs $ and how much they need minimum per month, just do a calculation and think how they going to get these $. You can help once and twice but as time goes by, who going to help. N you think they can finish the course and they really interested to take that certificate which the local people with higher certificate also find it difficult to get a job here. I have met one n ask her to go back as i find she cant even afford a proper meal but she die die also must stay, just don't understand y. She wants me to believe her although she got no $ back in her home but she can get $ without selling herself and she is a good one and if i marry her i will not regret. haha i told her don't treat me with no brain n i am not stupid. Now who knows how she getting the $ to survive here.

ekemono
10-10-2008, 07:57 AM
For an average man earning $2k, taking home $1.6k staying with parents, no need to pay school fee, eat at home (mum cook), they already feel that they have to spend until dry dry and keep waiting for next pay day.

That average man would have taken up alot of unneccessary commitment to end up in a hand-to-mouth situation. In that case, even 10K is never enough if his finance is not manage properly.

violetdragon
10-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Her school fees is sponsored by her family, to help her from time to time for lodging and living expense , maybe i can still manage i suppose.

ShittyAss
10-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Any one can please offer any advice? She's attending a private school and
legally not allowed to work. I didn't even know she got to earn her own lodging and food, does anyone has any lobang for job for her?
Pub is out liao cos she just got assaulted last week.
Thanks in advance for whoever who can help

Do u think its possible since u mentioned legally not allowed to work? Try calling ICA and enquire from them???

Crap la...if not why so many MMs on student pass working out at KTVs???

Companies caught illegally employing staff without valid permit will be fine heavily by MOM one...no point they risk saving abit on the salary by employing them and risk the chance of getting fine by MOM...

Anyway...bros here provided u soooo much advise until advising u on ur relationship with her which u did not indicated...

Sadly...they only have an opt to work as FL / KTV.....ur qn i also think thru before liao..which i found no ans as well...

BUT...maybe u can try to call those adv that is looking for telemarketer...provided ur friend can speak fluent english...Agents dun mind paying them if u can fixed appt for them...Good luck...:)

sammyboyfor
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyway...bros here provided u soooo much advise

Should be "bros here provided u soooo much ADVICE...".

"Advise" is a verb.

sammyboyfor
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM

I suggest you mind your own business and let her sort out her own finances. You're only asking for trouble in the long term if you try to behave like some sort of white knight. :rolleyes:

ShittyAss
10-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Should be "bros here provided u soooo much ADVICE...".

"Advise" is a verb.

Haa...noted boss!:D

Xgenre
10-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Firstly, you come to a sex forum to ask for a decent job for a PRC lady. I think that's not very wise. If someone wants to, they can offer some ideas to scheme to know the girl from you and then try to bed her. Some bros will derive extra joy knowing you like her. Sadist definitely but this is SBF, seen a lot of such stuff here over the years.

My decent idea to you is this. Why don't you ask her to be a Chinese Tutor? A lot of singapore kids are lousy in Chinese. Parents will pay more for a pure chinese tutor who can't converse with their kids in english. Even that it's Oct now, she will find it easier to get new kids in December, for the academic year of 2009. She will be a FL tutor so she's not working for any company and thus need no work permit.

sammyboyfor
10-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Firstly, you come to a sex forum to ask for a decent job for a PRC lady.

I've never heard of a PRC lady wanting a decent job. :D

FromBoy2Man
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM

N jolly well know their purpose of coming here:D
to study? unless they rich to throw in $, i believe some poor ones wanted to study also but how about the rest? Many might think their gals are the serious ones who want to study but.......;)

Few years ago, after work i go home go gamble, life is damn boring and gals are damn difficult to woo to bed, and also no many pretty ones. n pay sex is damn expensive, i also can't afford at that time. But now, the night is still young, making out with beauties comes true even for the ugliest man here. Sometimes also got to thank them making my sex life and boring working life colorful la. get fxxk by boss nvm, go fxxk them hard n is cheap n young:D

FromBoy2Man
10-10-2008, 06:37 PM
That average man would have taken up alot of unneccessary commitment to end up in a hand-to-mouth situation. In that case, even 10K is never enough if his finance is not manage properly.

Thanks for the advice.:)

violetdragon
10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Firstly, you come to a sex forum to ask for a decent job for a PRC lady. I think that's not very wise. If someone wants to, they can offer some ideas to scheme to know the girl from you and then try to bed her. Some bros will derive extra joy knowing you like her. Sadist definitely but this is SBF, seen a lot of such stuff here over the years.

My decent idea to you is this. Why don't you ask her to be a Chinese Tutor? A lot of singapore kids are lousy in Chinese. Parents will pay more for a pure chinese tutor who can't converse with their kids in english. Even that it's Oct now, she will find it easier to get new kids in December, for the academic year of 2009. She will be a FL tutor so she's not working for any company and thus need no work permit.

Omg, I didn't think such a thing will happen (If someone wants to, they can offer some ideas to scheme to know the girl from you and then try to bed her. Some bros will derive extra joy knowing you like her. Sadist definitely but this is SBF, seen a lot of such stuff here over the years.) Now that you mention it, there's indeed such a possibility, I have got to be careful now. Working as a chinese tutor might work out well indeed tho, thanks for the suggestion :)

Xgenre
11-10-2008, 02:52 AM

I'm surprised by your statement. I know of quite a fair number of PRC ladies who are CFO or Group Financial Controllers of listed companies. With so many companies eyeing a slice of the pie in China, bilingual PRC ladies with good degrees are doing very well here and even in Australia.

FromBoy2Man
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm surprised by your statement. I know of quite a fair number of PRC ladies who are CFO or Group Financial Controllers of listed companies. With so many companies eyeing a slice of the pie in China, bilingual PRC ladies with good degrees are doing very well here and even in Australia.

Bro, that of cos is different lah.
But if talking about those who come here to study/visiting pass working pass with lowly pay ones, maybe their intention is not just to visit here, studying here for knowledge or working for better life. but instead they might have other things in mind.

Mr Smith
11-10-2008, 06:26 PM

Agree with your idea. But FL tutor also consider illegal working isnt it?

colins
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Student pass holders can legally work. But that is reserved to students in govt school (poly, university) and only after an application, a thorough examination and finally, an approval from the school to work only during that certain hours. The company who employs them must also be of good reputation and must be transparent in all the procedures, wages, work scope and performance.

In the first place, why give out employment pass if student pass holder can also work? There is an obvious reason even if we isolate out offenders like student pass WL or KTV girls. Decent means what? Hopefully it means following what the law tells you, right? Dun go and create confusion for things not meant to be loh, esp in Singapore.

Turn the situation around and think. If you are an employer, tell me you'll feel safe at night employing a prc student pass holder to work in your shop, considering the number of such people caught during KTV raids. If you are a parent, tell me you'll feel safe getting her to educate and influence your kid. Does this make sense?

The whole idea is in helping a china girl on student pass, not getting a 'decent job'. And that idea is noble, yes, becos emotion is involved. But sometimes as noble as a thought can be, we still need to assess if our help is practical or viable. At the end of the day, she only need money. Get her money and you solve the problem. No money to give her, its her problem. If you make it your problem and it can't be solved by you, then it become your responsibility and you failed miserably, you lose her trust, you lose your own confidence. Worse still, she go work on a job you introduced and got caught, your likings for her has turned into something that will change her life forever, probably in the end, work as WL.

Bro ts, wake up.

johntan_68
11-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Her school fees is sponsored by her family, to help her from time to time for lodging and living expense , maybe i can still manage i suppose.

Bro, most PRC who came to study are well to do family in China. I dont see if she needs a job here? Since you said her expense are taken care by her family back home then she is now living in a comfortable life.

Bro, you said you like her. I suggest you "Bao her" instead. Dont get other SBF Bros & yourself into trouble finding job for a PRC holding a student pass. It is not wise. I am into education biz, the private school am working for provide Work+Study. If she is qualified passing the school interview and suitable candidate to enroll into our program. She is entitle a 'S' Pass from ICA after she passes her interview with the employer & fully paid her school fees. She must produce a good attitude, good participation at work & school during her 2 years bond with her employer & with the school. We will consider applying a SINGAPORE PR for our respective student.

I hope the above helps. All the best & Good luck.

colins
11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I hope that school of yours is not the one that was on the headlines last week or so...haha :p

FromBoy2Man
11-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Turn the situation around and think. If you are an employer, tell me you'll feel safe at night employing a prc student pass holder to work in your shop, considering the number of such people caught during KTV raids. If you are a parent, tell me you'll feel safe getting her to educate and influence your kid. Does this make sense?

Bro ts, wake up.

I, too feel wasted as they are very young and some very attractive but i think once they have decided to come here to look for a better life, they have already know what they supposed to do. If one is not dragon, how to fly over the river? They must have something to take inorder for them to come over here. Maybe those better ones or not so daring ones will stay at their hometown get married. And one thing is b4 they come here, we don't even know what they have done in their hometown. Do you think they are really pure, take aeroplane to fly over here to let old man fxxk them? Wake up, i heard one told me, some already let their many bfsssss fxxk and cant get a man to marry as when something happen there, their ppl there all will know one. Moreover, those guys really mind abt virginity more than us, that's y come here to find man. When they can get a man here, they will bring him back and their whole family will have face and proud. Imagine as a local man being look down by the man back in their hometown thinking the gals they fxxk hard b4 still got man treat her like gold, where got face.

PRC Rammer
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I, too feel wasted as they are very young and some very attractive but i think once they have decided to come here to look for a better life, they have already know what they supposed to do. If one is not dragon, how to fly over the river? They must have something to take inorder for them to come over here. Maybe those better ones or not so daring ones will stay at their hometown get married. And one thing is b4 they come here, we don't even know what they have done in their hometown. Do you think they are really pure, take aeroplane to fly over here to let old man fxxk them? Wake up, i heard one told me, some already let their many bfsssss fxxk and cant get a man to marry as when something happen there, their ppl there all will know one. Moreover, those guys really mind abt virginity more than us, that's y come here to find man. When they can get a man here, they will bring him back and their whole family will have face and proud. Imagine as a local man being look down by the man back in their hometown thinking the gals they fxxk hard b4 still got man treat her like gold, where got face.

Blame it on the fuck-up singapore girls and why our local men fall for china girls. In all, we should not invest too much money in both sg & prc relationship if some don't work it become a hugh financial losses to us :mad:

colins
12-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I, too feel wasted as they are very young and some very attractive but i think once they have decided to come here to look for a better life, they have already know what they supposed to do. If one is not dragon, how to fly over the river? ... Imagine as a local man being look down by the man back in their hometown thinking the gals they fxxk hard b4 still got man treat her like gold, where got face.

Eh bro, how is this related to what I've said? :confused:

porscheclub
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM

Bro, how deep is your like? This can be an endless pit of bitter+sour relationship & chances of success is little. Uphill task IMHO. Success can be sweet though but is it worth it?

I think there's 3 types of foreign students. Type 1 is wealthy & doesn't need to worry about livelihood, usually with a guardian etc. Type 2 can only afford to pay fees to come here using student pass but livelihood is a struggle & worse off if cannot afford livelihood. Type 3 uses student pass to come here & "make a living", education is not their priority. Most, if not all resort to working in KTVs etc. as that's the fastest way to earn money. The more deperate ones walk the streets.

Those student pass PRC gals that I know spend between S$5-12K to come here & must pay for monthly/quarterly school fees ($1K+)+lodgings($300+/-)+F&B+transport ($600+/-)+sending $ back.

Not sure if yours is type 2 or 3.

But seriously, $1000 a month may just be enough to scrape through.

colins
12-10-2008, 10:35 PM
I think there's 3 types of foreign students. Type 1 is wealthy & doesn't need to worry about livelihood, usually with a guardian etc. Type 2 can only afford to pay fees to come here using student pass but livelihood is a struggle & worse off if cannot afford livelihood. Type 3 uses student pass to come here & "make a living", education is not their priority. Most, if not all resort to working in KTVs etc. as that's the fastest way to earn money. The more deperate ones walk the streets.

Not sure if yours is type 2 or 3.

bro proscheclub, agree with your assessment, though I believe anybody of any types will want to pretend as type 1 among their own classmates and type 2 among potential caitaos.

Xgenre
12-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Agree with your idea. But FL tutor also consider illegal working isnt it?

The title of the thread is 'decent', not 'illegal'. Being a tutor is a decent job. Even if she is caught, I don't think she will be as harshly treated as those caught being FL. Maybe a fine or warning. By the way, a lot of MOE teachers give tuition too. Do you know that Civil Servants aren't supposed to have sidelines?

I think the system in Singapore is more relaxed these days. In my opinion, as long as no one complains or not big evil deeds are done, the authorities may close one eye. After all, with the rise in China, it's not a bad thing to try to raise the Chinese standard of our next generation right?

ShittyAss
13-10-2008, 01:55 PM
The title of the thread is 'decent', not 'illegal'. Being a tutor is a decent job. Even if she is caught, I don't think she will be as harshly treated as those caught being FL. Maybe a fine or warning. By the way, a lot of MOE teachers give tuition too. Do you know that Civil Servants aren't supposed to have sidelines?

I think the system in Singapore is more relaxed these days. In my opinion, as long as no one complains or not big evil deeds are done, the authorities may close one eye. After all, with the rise in China, it's not a bad thing to try to raise the Chinese standard of our next generation right?

Fair enuf statement...hee...btw, my FL tutor means Freelance tutor ah...not working as FL ah....

Anyway...working in sg is tough man..sighz.

Greatking
18-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Chinese saying, "everyone has their own moles"...

All e best!:D

Gaofar
18-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Wah kao! I was reading through the first page when it dawns on me that this is from 2008! Like that also dig up ah! Hahaha.. :D