View Single Post
Old 26-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkhb View Post
I'm a bit of a Korean food buff, so I do know my Korean food..

Quality of this restaurant is 5/10 at best, and it's not cheap.. Me and my OC ate there maybe abt 18 months ago and it was abt 1 juta for 3-4 dishes..
Thank you for your reply,i always believe a lousy place should be named as much as a good place. Good place,go more often,no good place,to avoid. I guess Sarang bang Korean Restaurant food is more suitable for European taste buds as it is located in a tourist spot in NED,it could also meant to be a....hehehe....err...not for me,but mainly for bigger spender that can afford to spend w/o the need to think.

There is a Arirang Restaurant in Planet Holiday Hotel 2nd floor that does both Korean and Japanese food TOGETHER. Well,its Planet Holiday,so i guess it wont be cheap,hehehe...NED again.

There is another Sura Korean and Japanese Restaurant too. Its at Batu Ampar. Not much reviews noted except by tourists of the west.

Not forgetting there is Dae Jang Gem at Batam Center. This one appears to look a little more down to earth and appears to be more popularly rated (and frequent) by the Batam locals (or asian tourists) than tourists from the west :

Even tho there is an address,but i think it is not gonna be easy to locate this place even by using taxi hence it is the least popular among the 3.(cheaper too...lol.) Other than that,places/Hotels like Montigo Hotel Resort provides Korean food too,and thanks but no thanks,hehehe...i shant spell all of it here...lol.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info