View Single Post
Old 15-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

Kampung Rujak (Rojak "Street")
========================
Google Map : Search "Simpang Rujak" - that's where it is.
Proximity : 5min drive from BCS Mall

Food : 4.2/5
Value : 4.7/5

Conclusion: People living in Batam knows this place due to its popularity with close to 30 rojak stalls all lined along the mainroad-side LOL. Fresh fruits, gravy has *ooomph*, no youtiao but got kerupok ! 1 serving = RP10K. Note : Although one can choose standard, spicy or super spicy gravy, the standard itself is already black-peppery kinda spicy. So if one can't take spicy - suggest you to work on your ability to take spicy !!!

Hot day yesterday and was an Indo-holiday, we decided to eat rojak. Reached Kampung Rujak and it was *crowded*. We drove along the long line of stalls - it was really crowded. Had to u-turn and u-turn again to find convenient parking. loooool.

Photo taken whilst walking towards the beginning of the stall-line (Stall #1 being the first)

Decided to eat at Stall #4. We chose fruits of our liking, standard gravy (biasa). Order came.

RP10K

Taste reminded me of when I was a little boy in SG eating rojak .... that same kind of feeling. The gravy-sauce was very nice - it has a ooomph-sweetness - packs a small punch to the tastebuds. MANTAP! The gravy really complemented with the assorted fresh-fruit cuts. The gravy has a "black-peppery" spiciness even though we asked for standard ("no chili") LOL!!!!!

The traditional preparation of the gravy-sauce. Note from earlier photo - the gravy-sauce is poured onto the fruits - and not mixed with the fruits like in SG.

Every bite was delicious - every bite I wanted to eat more and more - every bite became a greedier one : that I took 2 fruit-cuts per mouthful LOOOOOOOL. When the fruits were gone, I couldn't help it - the gravy was really nice, we bought keropok to finish off the gravy-sauce.

Kerupok - RP2K ~~~

4 of us = 2 plates of rojak (each plate different fruit cuts from each other) + 1 kerupok = RP22K ** SUPREME VALUE **

I glanced around and saw that they even have JAMU for rojak ! Will die die try next round soon haha!

ENJOYYYYY~~~!!!