Old 17-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 98 / Power: 15
datamini deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HIV screening info

I want to share my experience of HIV screening at Dr Tan & partners recently.

It was my first test. I have been visiting FLs for many years but being young and stupid then, i never thought of getting myself tested. After an overnight session with a FL in Indonesia early this year, the "fear" suddenly hit me and I stopped visiting FLs, limiting myself only to dirty massage. I stopped having sex with my wife after the Indonesian trip, afraid that I might pass something to her.

I trawled this forum and found out about Dr Tan and I waited for more than 6 months (super kiasu) and plucked my courage to go. The whole feeling was very scary as I feared for the worst.

I reached Dr Tan on a weekday afternoon and asked for the "3-step" test. The assistant there then passed me a clipboard to answer 6 simple questions. No IC needed, nothing. A #registration number was given to me. It was awkward as there were 3 FEMALE assistants. I felt their eyes on me as i sat waiting for the doctor.

Within a min, i was asked into the room and to my horror, it was a young female doctor (very pretty somemore). She was very professional. She confirmed my #registration number and asked when was my last exposure before deciding on the type of test to do. Everything was a blur. I only remembered my hand was trembling when she did a simple finger prick to draw a drop of blood for the test. It was not painful. I was informed to return 15 minutes later.

I walked around the robertson quay area, the thoughts of getting a "positive" overwhelming me. It suddenly became quite real.

After 15 mins, i returned to the doctor's office and she had this "look" on her face, the kind of look someone has when thinking of how to break a bad news to another person. I thought "siao liao, die"......

I sat down, and she confirmed my #registration number and said, "The test result is out. It is negative". She smiled.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yes, that's all."

Everything was giddy at that moment. I couldn't believe what i heard. I doubted what I heard. When I settled down at Liang Court for a meal, I googled about HIV testing. All information says that if you are tested positive, you will be asked to do a second round of test for further confirmation. The doctor did not ask me for a second round of testing.... so... I am negative....

The feeling was surreal. I couldn't believe that after so many sexual encounters with FLs, I survived. I survived. I was given a second chance.
I told myself, never again am I going to visit a FL ever again.