View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Farewell 2015

Its 2016,time to summarize up my whole 2015 trips to Batam...and believe me,i am reading backward as i wrote this...i feel its like my own Batam travelling diary,hehehe...

1. January Trip

This was the 1st time i use Harbour Bay's new ferry Arrival Hall,also my 1st time on Business Class of the Horizon Ferry,hehehe...it is also a group trip with my 1st Muslim travelling friend from Sillypore travelling together to Batam. Batam custom has their luggage scanner replaced too.

Previous New Berry was banned in 2014,before they moved to their current location direct opposite Hana Hotel. The Shuang Hong Bak Kut Teh and Kroepoek Food Hall i see on my Jan 2015 trip was closed today. Maybe business no good? Not sure,but i am no fan of the 2 eateries anyway.

What i know was i was planning for CNY 2015 at that point of time. Which is one of the reason why i started this Batam dairy in 2014. Preparing CNY 2015. Today as i write this,i am already preparing for CNY 2016,hehehe...how time flies.

2. February Trip

This Feb 2015 trip was all why i have been planning thru out the last nearly 1 year since i am in this thread during 2014. Ferry ticket for CNY 2015 was ultra expensive at S$60,and to beat the crowd,i went to take up the extra S$8 business class ticket from Horizon ferry and at that point,even when i manage to beat most of the crowd,my queue at the custom was still out of the custom front door,hehehe...in CNY,every 5 to 10mins,there is a ferry leaving from Sillypore...imagine the damn crowd.

Formosa has no more room,so my next better choice would be Goodway Hotel. Its my 1st and last stay in that 4 star hotel (or was it 3.5 star?). It is also my 1st fuss in Batam at Kroepoek Food Hall. Read my summary to know the reason and i am kind of glad it closes down today. I will try my very very very best NOT TO EAT in any food court or eateries that requires me to buy a top up card to top up my the value in it. There is one in Nagoya Hill Mall top floor. I had a feeling these were SCAMS. No wonder business was bad there.

Visited Pas Massage for the 1st time but didnt try.

3. March Trip

For a while i thought i didnt go to Batam becos i couldnt find my March Batam Summary,hehehe...its also my 1st time going to Bunga booking joint. I will remember that this is the 1st time i intro Indo Rasa massage to the forum until to the extend the whole market there was kind of spoiled. To get a HJ + BBBJ at 150k is near impossible anymore. This has reminded me to share the REALLY GOOD STUFFS discreetly. I have drop this Indo rasa and has not returned to massage for quite a long while. Reason? I found a greener pasture,hehehe...sorry,i found a few other greener pastures,hehehe...

4. April Trip

My 1st stay in Gideon Hotel. My 1st trip to Princess Massage and i had my 1st Mcdonald meal in Batam,hehehe...and not forgetting my 1st time eating at Instar Coffee shop which is walking distance from Formosa Hotel. I think it is from this trip that i make it an SOP to always have a CD in my wallet too. Oh,Gideon hotel's tap water looks like semen water,hehehe...boiling such water with a kettle only kills the germs in it but doesnt take the "chemical" out of it.

5. May Trip

This was the time that more bros joined in my trip. One of them was a season Batam cheongster which i learned quite a bit of stuffs from. My 1st visit to Newton Spa and i found out in the later months they closed the spa. This is also the 1st time i see trans in Batam too. I think i impressed everyone in that trip with the Wan Tan Mee from Meximo pub and Bai Long back then,hehehe....cheap and yet good stuffs. My definition of a "S$0.50 apple".

My 1st Japanese Food in Batam

6. June Trip

My 1st visit to Astro Food Court and Eatern Food Court. Also my 1st time learning to sing Indo Song that i dont exactly quite understand in Alishan KTV....lol....really brings back lots of memories thinking back all the good time,hehehe...feels like it all happen just yesterday. Watch a movie, goes to Hallo Kitty Massage and visit Jaya Dado Zhi char store and finally collected enough information on Alishan KTV.

...continue to 2nd page...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info