View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 554 / Power: 20
Bigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to allBigbird00 is a name known to all
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlickBassy View Post

Sambal Ijo is a must have codiment for Sumatra food.

It is the green version of the sambal balado. While the red is firely, the green is milder. I like to tabao a small pack home. There is a joke why will they prefer to use the unripe tomato and Chili...they picked them before they are ripe because they cannot wait.
Saw the recipe provided by @BlickBassy and i thought i give it a go. Got my helper to "tembok" the chilli & prepare a sample amount.

Couldn't find green tomatoes. So there won't be any sweetness. Added 20 chili padis to give it some Oomph...

This amount in the bowl has 4 big green chili & 20 chili padis. Shiok lah! Thank you Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac888 View Post
On the topic of chilis ~
yeah it's almost a staple condiment. And found out the name of that super-spicy Batak chili to be Andaliman. Thought it was the hottest/spiciest ... until I was given Cabe Gila (translation : Crazy Chili) to try..... face turned red and sweat like a hog ... really gila - that chili !
Bro Please SIC the sambal Gila. I am a chilli Nut case. Actually, from what i found out, most of the local indo don't take very hot chilli.

The hottest Chilli i discovered is the one at City Plaza BCM stall. This one really burns.

Last edited by Bigbird00; 01-02-2016 at 10:00 PM.