Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 56 / Power: 9
Paypal deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: France Euro 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocajunior View Post
My favourite for the Euro championship would be France. Not because they are host, but their resurgence is in the coming. Been observing their performances in the friendlies.

Their midfield, they have the steel of Blaise Matuidi, the roaming force of Pogba and Yohan Cabaye, the playmaking of Payet (dubbed as the new Zidane), the ball-winner in Ngolo Kante. Their midfield is the best among all the Euro teams, in my opinion.

In attack, they have the strike force of trigger-happy Lacazette, Gignac, the huntsman in Olivier Giroud and the player in red hot form now, Antonine Griezmann.

In defence, the rock in Raphael Varane, the fullbacks of Kingsley Coman and Mathieu Debuchy.

Too bad, Benzema and Sahko are banned from this tournament, if not, I would have confidence in them going to the finals. I think France should make it through to the quarter-finals, minimum.

Many predicting Germany to win, but I predict the decline of Germany in this tournament. I won't be surprised to see a few shock results for Germany's group games.

For England, same old story, same old manager. Always over-hyped by the media, but when comes to the tournament, perform like shyt. Its not that England has lousy players. Rather, the manager is backward in his tactics and playing style. Roy Hodgson like to play those slow buildup, passive, pedestrian football. England actually has very exciting players with pace, trickery & burst of speed, you look at Harry Kane, Sturridge, Vardy, Dele Alli, etc.. But under Hodgson's style, they will never realise their full potential or be utilized to their best capabilities. They are giants when they play those minnow countries. But when they play against europe's elite (Ex: Spain, Germany, etc), its like men vs boys. Thats the gulf in the standards.
France untested because as host country no qualification.

England always fumble at big stage.

Germany players are stumbling now.

Spain players getting old.

My pick is Italy and the team qualified with a tough group.