View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 02:53 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 859 / Power: 14
ndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to behold
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
If what you write above is correct, it means that not all Indonesian telephone operators obey to law in the same way. Those operators must allow a grace period (two weeks?) before blocking unregistered SIM cards.

5) Registration is forever, BUT the card will expire if you don't top up once in a while. I am pretty sure that if I don't top up, next time I will be back to Indonesia I will have to repeat the whole procedure
All sim card need to be registered. Even XL. Just that they give a two week grace period for new sim card. After that still have to register, else phase 1 of blocking (no sms, no call), then phase 2, full blocking.

I dont know if this works or any benefits for you, but just suggest.
Instead of keep changing new no., next time just go to GraPARI, tell them your sim card was expired. And you wants to buy a new sim card with the same old no. Since you already registered that no. under your passport.

Last edited by ndnd; 01-05-2018 at 03:05 AM.