Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 44 / Power: 0
brattz deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Chelsea FC - Supporters' Rally

Robben confident of finding space in wingless Chelsea

Arjen Robben insists he has a role to play up front in Chelsea's new wing-less formation this season.

The Dutch wide man has been limited to just nine starts in the Premiership this season, with manager Jose Mourinho opting for a midfield diamond.

That has resulted in Andriy Shevchenko being preferred as a strike partner to top scorer Didier Drogba, leaving Robben sidelined and without a goal to his name in this campaign.

But with Shevchenko struggling to make an impact since his 30-million-pound move from AC Milan in the summer, Robben believes he has a part to play alongside Drogba.

The 22-year-old has featured in key games such as Chelsea's 2-2 Champions League draw against Barcelona in October, and hopes to do so again against Everton in the Premiership on Sunday.

And although he last month admitted to being unhappy with his bit-part role at Stamford Bridge, Robben claims he will try to prove his manager wrong on the pitch, rather than off it.

He said: "As a player, you always want to play, but we've been playing a lot of 4-4-2 this season. I just have to show my qualities in training and when I play, that's all you can do.

"I had an injury at the start of the season and I've come back from that. I've played a few times in the middle as well with Didier, against Barcelona and Tottenham. I can play in that system as well, it's not a problem.

"I'm not really a player who likes to talk. I like to show what I can do on the pitch rather than speak to the manager. I don't think asking the manager why I'm not playing is the right thing to do; you have to show how good you are to get in the team."