View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
NO thank you...even queue 45 mins in an airport I hate it...if I want to spend CNY in Batam then I will go a few days before CNY and stay a week till all mad rush over..
Yea, if you have no programme on just a day or 2 before CNY, Batam should be a nice place to be at, and then leave the island 2 to 3 days after CNY itself. I left few days after CNY 3rd day, hence no crowd at all. Ferry was less than 50% full,hehehe...

I have reunion dinner commitment, hence my best date/timing i could go to Batam were usually eve of CNY or on the 1st day of CNY itself. All i can do is to be getting the correct timing that best suits me but the crowd would often be from the Singapore side. Batam immigration would mainly be crowded during the day before sunset. Well, unless you disembark from Batam Center ferry terminal whereby one would likely be queuing for hours to get pass immigration (one of my friend took a little more than 2 hours to get out of there). Clearing immigration custom from Harbour Bay ferry terminal took no more than 15 mins during CNY after disembarking from ferry...hehehe...i timed it with my stop-watch (about 9.5 mins upon disembarking from ferry, i reach the arrival door of the ferry terminal).

Batam side, i have already beat the crowd. Even shopping malls like Nagoya Hill Mall, BCS and DC mall was quiet when i reach them,hehehe...quiet here means its quieter than normal weekends in Batam.

1st day and 2nd day of CNY, temples were super ultra crowded (day time), but i wasnt there,hehehe...i was at massage shops and those quiter malls instead.

3rd day and 4th day of CNY, shopping malls were more crowded (day time), but i wasnt there,hehehe...i was at the temples.

Batam is crowded to many during CNY, but not to me,hehehe....Singapore is way more crowded instead.

By the 5th day of CNY, i am back to Singapore. And when Singapore side is no longer crowded.

Now its the time to work like "shit",hehehe...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info