View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2614 / Power: 20
draven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond reputedraven78eric has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen11 View Post
I am thinking of export.
Yea prawn farming comes to my mind 1st. But thai prawns like those big head prawns which other country people dont prefer cause they dont know how to eat the prawn head. Just like tiger prawns not in popular in thailand even if sold cheap. As always, export market mostly target china. China actually doesnt have enough food production for its own population, currently and historically.
Another thing. If i farm prawns in an area with many prawn farm. Likely i have to go along with their prices and not undercut them to snatch business else they probably would trash or sabotage my farm. Possibly got those farming association / group. Then got this head of association must listen to what he say. Like IP MAN open health centre must meet, drink tea and spar with association boss first then get approval to operate.
Tiger prawns is not not popular, its a saltwater prawn and is not easy if not by the sea area and is not cheap..the thais have very limited general knowledge on almost everything..they like to monkey see monkey do. see other do what biz make money, they will go do also..the reason why everyone is farming rice..and the reason why rate of rice is not stable every year...too much people do it..
Why go to a place when there are many slice of cake being shared and want another slice.
Do something that actually have market demand but not much people do.
For those association is all talk about $$$

You see ah bro...short story...

one biz see a fishermen back from his fishing trip n see his not full of fish boat just enough to feed his family n himself, then after which fisherman go to have some tea n play guitar n chess with his friends under some coconut trees.
Biz advise him to to expand his daily fishing to a fishery fleet..
have more quantity of boat = more quantity of fishes.
trade with local wholesalers and will make alot of profits.
another 5 to 10 years get it listed and make tons of money.
then he can choose to keep the business and enjoy more profits or sell it and retire.
after which,he will have more time to go fishing , meet friends for tea and chess by the beach also have more time for family...

The fishermen listened and smile at me and reply...
isnt that what im doing right now?

My advise is do self sufficent farming for own comsumption. the extra ones then can sell to your neighbours...or exchange essentials things that your home short off..no need to use money...
think about it...sometime is good to back to the basic..less worries and burden...
from this pandemic lesson learn..infected or not, putaside..
economicaly, only the people who prepare themselves are not badly hurt..
food wise, if you do have the own supply, you dont have to worry too much..

if were to build a home in village in province..
advise to get drilled underground water, get solar panel to power home electricity, get own self dependent...
my thought may not be inline with many others though...
but the principle is to be self dependent in almost everything if really want to retire comfortably

I'M CIM KING