View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 04:35 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6381 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong26 View Post
Riding in batam need 2b to rent a bike or doesn't?
I don't know what is a "2b", but my personal advice is to be extremely wary before deciding to drive a bike or car in Batam.
First thing to do: have a good insurance, which covers you besides your damage against damage you may cause to others.
Consider that, in case of accident, police will come and keep you in custody, until responsibilities are not clarified. Imagine you kill someone or you just cause injuries to someone. Who will pay the damage? Until you don't pay, you will be kept in custody.
Many people in Indonesia is not insured. Good luck...
This explains why I have nearly never driven a bike or car in Batam (only a couple of times, because the girl was too drunk to do it and I wanted to go back to my hotel with her). Retrospectively, it was a risk I should have not taken.