View Single Post
Old 29-04-2024, 05:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 196 / Power: 22
DeViLzAgEnT is a Helpful and Caring SamsterDeViLzAgEnT is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Guangzhou ... New Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by massageguy2021 View Post
Hi bro, thanks for the info!

Just to check, if I plan to mainly pay using alipay/wechat pay which is linked to my youtrip card, do I still need to have someone transfer me RMB into my Ali wallet? or is that transfer process to enable the Alipay account to make transactions?

Thanks in advance
Bro massageguy 2021,

Hope you have yet to embark on your trip and it is not too late for me to share this information with you..

Linking YouTrip or CC to Alipay only allows you to make payments to merchants (e.g. when you eat in restaurants or buy things from shops etc.) and also if you intend to use DiDi in the Alipay app for bookings of cabs/transport..

The above does not allow you to make transfer of funds to another person.. This means if you intend to pay some girl or tip someone for their extra services.. You cannot use the above to do so... You can only do so if there are funds available in your "wallet" inside Alipay..

Below is where you can check if you have any funds inside your "wallet" in Alipay..
1. Click on "Account" at the bottom right of Alipay home screen.
2. Click on "Balance" to see available funds in the wallet of Alipay.

As shared by Bro drydick, the only way to get the funds into your "wallet" is to get someone to transfer it into your "wallet".. For me, i got my friend who is a China citizen to do so.. I heard there are avenues whereby you can get some shops (i think in the Chinatown area) to do it for you.. but it is likely that they will charge you some service/admin fee.. Alternatively, try to see if any of your Chinese friends (e.g. the female ones working here) are willing to help you on this before you go over?

Although I would say most of them can receive funds transfer from Alipay "wallet" but there are the occasional odd ones out who was unable to do so.. Hence, i had to trouble my friend to do WeChat transfer on one occasion during my last trip in December 2023.. So above information shared are accurate as of December 2023.. Not sure if there are changes or improvements in the last few months?