Thread: In love with ML
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 973 / Power: 8
okcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to beholdokcieMon is a splendid one to behold
Re: In love with ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
My ex-wife has bipolar disorder, probably inherited from her mother.

The condition was mostly dormant, until it reared its ugly head about the time our daughter was born. Throughout life my ex-wife was wrongly diagnosed as a depressive and only when she took an overdose of antidepressants and she flipped into mania, that she found that she was manic depressive. The mania lasted for weeks, and can be seriously life-wrecking (as you have unfortunately experienced)

In my ex-wife's case the bipolar manifested itself in promiscuous behaviour. While still married to me, she brought men home and became openly intimate with them, which frightened our young daughter. I read many online articles and books on the condition, and found that the manic part of bipolar disorder usually manifests itself in risk-taking behaviour, all in the quest for achieving that "high" when doing something risky (and wrong) and also thriving on the feeling of fear, due to the chance of being caught.

She was caught all right, red-handed mostly through a variety of Private Investigators, relatives and mutual friends who were flabbergasted seeing her frolic around various malls and clubs in Singapore with different men. Each time she was confronted, she became openly defiant, then remorseful, then she would go out and do it all over again.

I stopped wondering if the behaviour was due to a character flaw, or really part of the manic-depressive behaviour. I learnt that even superhuman patience needs to have a limit, because such behaviour impacts the children. Thankfully she gave me full care and control of the kids, so we divorced without having to give her a single cent of alimony and no lumpsum payment either.

I would encourage you to look at your situation in the light of her medical condition, and be glad that you probably dodged a bullet. Manic depressives are used to living multiple lives - a pious muslim woman one day, a rabid whore the next day and a loving girlfriend another day. The transition from one role to another is seamless, and can be quite instant (and frightening). There was one day when my ex wife became extremely remorseful, and she asked for forgiveness.We had great make-up sex. After the deed, she went into the shower and when she came out, her eyes were already different - she was in mania again and she proceeded to call her ang mo fuck buddy for a night out at Zouk. For me, that was was a surreal experience, and it hardened my resolve to divorce and not let her be a permanent feature in my life, and also in my children's lives.

Hope this sharing helps, from an old bro to another.
Omg your story sounds very similar to a long-time female friend of mine with bipolar and was diagnosed only recently. The only difference is that she got to keep her daughter since her husband totally noped out of the situation. The divorce is still ongoing and totally messy. But the constant introduction of new guys here and there sounds familiar, all under the guise of "seeing new men"

To be frank, I also had some moments of temptation with her during our drinking and chit chat sessions but I was always the one pulling back. Honestly if we did not have the same circle of friends, I would have fucked her there and then.

As a friend, I feel sorry and empathetic to her condition. I try to listen to her share more during our gatherings but of course nowadays it's always so and so which guy she's seeing now. It can get a bit tiresome actually.

As a rational thinking male, I definitely feel for her husband who's gone through quite a bit of nonsense with her hence I kinda understand why he just upped and left the marriage.

As a horny male, well if given 15 years ago, I would have gladly bedded her. Thinking back now the opportunities were there but again always a constant flux of new boyfriends and messy relationships made me steer clear and remain as friends. The stories she had to share were just so fantastic though.