View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 174 / Power: 23
sexcrazed is a Helpful and Caring Samstersexcrazed is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Marriage Advice Needed - Posted for my friend

Sigh...

Sad to hear such a thing is happening. Actually this also happened to one of my relatives. ROM already then you find out all the nasty stuff about the other family, regardless of whether male or female. Whether she gives it to you after the ROM is a subjective thing, as the Chinese believe that you are only really married after the traditional tea ceremony and dinner. That might be one of the reasons why the girl is rejecting him and giving in only after much begging.

I would say the best way is to end everything mutually and both sides lead their separate lives again. After all, are you sure that her parents will accept you with open arms now that they have gone to the extent of returning gifts that you have bought for them. It will be a never ending thing and your friend will have no peace and quiet.

Sure it takes two to create a mess so maybe your friend should also sit with some close friends with neutral views and sort out on why this has happened in the first place. I'm sure that there are some warning signs that should have surfaced from the start of the relationship that your friend has failed to notice or even worse, turn a blind eye to with the hope that love will solve all the problems at the end.

Personally, I think annulling the marriage should be a fair enough deal for both parties. No one has made any big loss so far and this relationship should be rather easy to end compared to when there is no chance of annulment and the financial aspect of divorce comes into play. Remember, marriage is mostly about two parties agreeing to spending their lives together, rather that one side giving in to the other just to try to make things seem right. It still takes two make it a success or failure at the end of the day.

Hope I didn't bore the rest of the bros here.

Cheers!