View Single Post
Old 16-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 160 / Power: 19
Huzige is a Helpful and Caring SamsterHuzige is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: More Cheebye AngMos Cheonging in ChangPing?

While I would defend all the brothers’ right to express their opinions, I am somewhat disappointed by the comments so far. Then again, I believe the silent majority is probably ignoring these comments.

I have been to Japan & Korean regularly in the past umpteen years and I hate the “discrimination” practiced by some places where they do not welcome foreigners. According to my local friends, I even “look” like a local and I went into such places with them out of curiosity but pretending to be a deaf. Needless to say, I never went back again.

I am of the opinion that Ang-mohs, blacks and ME have as much right as anyone else to be wherever they are – and they are subject to the same laws as everyone else. I am a regular at CP and I dislike the sight of Ang-mohs walking down the main Zhong-yuan Street with a MM in each arm in broad day-light. This is not because he is an Ang-moh but because he has not been discreet and he thinks he is in Pattaya without realizing the “risk” he is exposing himself too. And I hate it as much when I see a big group of Singaporean/Malaysian walking through Yalang – loud and ya-ya, often with the MMs they already picked – it is the same thing, the indiscretions. Such acts will some times attract the attention of GA and enough complaints from “someone” will cause GAs to act. Some of you will remember the result of the big Taiwanese “base-ball playing” group in HH and other places in CP, and the old cheongsters all know what happened to Sazui in Shenzhen when more Ang-mohs are seen hanging out in the area. And of ‘cos the incident with the Japs in Zhuhai that caught international attention. Mainland Chinese like “face” too. They all know it is there and illegal – but they leave it alone because of self-interests until someone came along to “screw” it up by being indiscrete or loud. In fact, catching the attention of GAs is not so bad, as they get dealt with by laws. But catching the attention of the local gangsters is another story.

Brothers – it is a globalize world, be more tolerant. If you don’t like what you see, just vote with your feet and avoid the establishments or towns that cater to the people you dislike – be it yellow, black, white or whatever. Or avoid CP and go somewhere else – after all, CP is a tourist place these days! Like everywhere in China, “RedMao” is still the King!

Just my 2-fen worth lah!