View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 554 / Power: 20
CKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to allCKee is a name known to all
Re: Arsenal FC Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsr250 View Post
Finally arsenal throw in the money to buy a established star! I am sure with Arshavin coming in, arsenal will start collecting full points every match! Go Gunner Go!
Don't be so naive...one midfielder does not equate to winning ALL remaining games nor any Championship or Title or Trophy. Though not an Arsenal fan, I am an admirer of Arsene Wenger and his coaching/mentoring and managerial abilities. What irks me and I believe the majority of Arsenal fans is that Arsene refuses to budge the wage ceiling imposed by either Arsenal or himself (like I said, I am not a a fan and don't follow club news or any inside information on who has the final say in meeting transfer and/or wage demands). He may possess great grooming skills but once these talents blossom, they leave the club for more $. In addition, look at the bench - not much depth and therefore, season after season, they are almost there but never reach the summit. The only club who won the English Championship with kids was Man Utd...Could it happen to Arsenal? Sure, never say never but not this year and only if these talents are kept and further groomed for the next 3 - 5 years.

On another matter, Arsene would be wise to resist the charms of Real Madrid. This club wants INSTANT SUCCESS - think Vincente Del Bosque. In his 4 seasons as coach (1999 - 2003), he won 2 UEFA Champions Cups, 2 Spanish League titles, Spanish SuperCup, UEFA Super Cup + The Intercontinental Cup. Not a bad haul, right? Yet after winning the domestic title in 2003 he kenna chopped. Other Real Madrid coaches come and have gone - no long term continuity in the club. Now they have Juande Ramos as coach, who replaced Schuster who lasted only 1 year (2007-2008), who succeeded Fabio Capello (2006 - 2007), who succeeded Carlos Queiroz (2003-2004. I miss him at Man Utd but our fren has ambitions to be the Top Dog). In total, from 2003- present (7 years), Real Mardrid have had 4 coaches.

Arsene last won the Premiership League title in the 2003-2004 season and the FA Cup in 2005. In total, Arsene has won 3 Premiership League titles and 4 FA cups in his 13 years. Sure he has the competence but not at Real Mardrid - just my opinion.