Thread: Copa América
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Copa América

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...m'?cc=4716

Copa America my 'greatest dream'

Argentina's World Player of the Year, Lionel Messi, says tat lifting the Copa America would be a dream come true & is aiming 2 put the country's long trophy drought behind them in tis year's competition.

The Albiceleste hv failed 2 produce on the biggest stage in recent years & last won a major international tournament @ senior level @ the Copa America in 1993.

However, Messi is confident tat he can lead his side 2 victory & admitted he was pleased 2 hv the support of his native fans.

"I hv never felt so loved by the Argentine people. It was the only place where b4 I was not treated with the same affection as in Barcelona," Messi told TyC Sports. "I was always discussed in Argentina becos, unfortunately, we could not win anything. I get 2 win everything @ my club & ppl would recognise it. Hopefully, I can keep tis going now [4 Argentina]."

Messi also delivered a snub 2 the WC when he claimed tat the Copa America represents his biggest desire.

"My greatest dream is 2 win the Copa America. We know wat it means 4 me & 4 Argentina," he said. "It is the 1st objective as we r a very good group of players.

"We always said we lacked the time 2 iron out details, but now we hv it. The game of ours is having the ball & taking the game 2 the opponent. We're growing [in stature]."

Hosts Argentina begin their Copa America campaign on July 1 against Bolivia.