Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7 / Power: 0
krage88 is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: Fun in Korea Soeoul / Incheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimheyo View Post
In general, Anmas are open 7 days a week. The best days are either sunday or a monday night at any time. Though these nights are the nights many of their girls are off so selection is not as high as other nights.

on a Tuesday -Thursday, try going from 8pm-10pm to avoid the rush.

I would personally avoid going to upscale anmas on a Friday or Saturday night. If it's the only time you have, go for it, but expect a crowd.

Upscale Anmas also have day shift girls. These girls are usually not a hot as those who work the nights but their mood and attitude are much much better from my experience, though selection will be very limited.

The worst times to go are Friday or Saturday night after 2 or 3am. The girls have probably worked non stop all night and will not be in the most 'romantic' of moods.
Just tried Black Hole in Sinsa-dong last week and Bro Shim is pretty much spot on in all regards. Directions were good but bear in mind the building right before the anma has now been demolished which isn't the case in the photos posted. Asia...endless construction.

This isn't meant to be a FR but my experience there was very good even though I went at 16:00 on a weekday. Full disclosure: I'm an overseas Korean so I don't really get the foreigner treatment but I can offer some tips to anyone who is vaguely East Asian-looking. Try to just walk up the counter confidently and put down 200K in cash. When pressed you can either say you're Korean but grew up in Canada/US/Australia ("gyopo" is the work for overseas) or claim to be an adopted Korean ("ee-byang"). Curious to see if that works for anyone. Credit card amount is 210K but avoid that if you don't speak the language because it involves more conversation. The manager working during the day speaks pretty serviceable English so hopefully you'll get her. No idea about the night shift.

Had a brief chat with the 아줌마/auntie and she told me they run 24 hours with two shift changes: 8AM and 8PM. Optimal timing might then be something like 7:30PM.

Hope this helps.

K88