View Single Post
Old 28-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 133 / Power: 8
chaoslord deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guychaoslord deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: End of a fwb relationship

You are not alone in this journey. Many bros have experienced similar sexual and emotional connections with non-official partners. Many in this forum would attest to that.

Sex is a physical act that generates pleasure and fulfilment to our needs. However when we find fulfilment in our partner, we start to pin for them and look to them to fulfil our other needs which is where the trouble starts. These partners are transient in nature (FWB / KTV / ML / SB etc) and often money is the primary motivating factor for them. It is a simply a phase in their life, nothing less nothing more. We however conflate and confuse sexual intimacy with emotional intimacy. Many bros do, you are not the only one.

It is however an impossible act. The happy ending starts and ends in the bedroom and not ever after. The pain increases when emotional feelings linger after walking out of the bedroom as it is in our human nature. Before you know it, jealousy rears its ugly head in one form or another. In your case, whilst you say you are happy for her, I believe you wish that this would never end. The person that gives you the highest highs often is the same person that gives you the lowest lows. Such is life.

The good news is that the forest is large and there is someone out there that would be able to take her place and I know this from personal experience. This could be an official or non-official partner. The first thing you need to do is to get out there and explore your surroundings. Try different experiences and see if there is any that is able to fulfil that void. It would take time though and that is ok.