View Single Post
Old 15-11-2022, 09:51 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
Gojek quote me 9000 rupiah. Streetdside ojet might quote you 25k. But, you may want to bring your shower cap in case their helmet got powerful smell. Over 10 years of taking street side ojet, i only encounter 1 who provide shower cap.
From planet holiday to nagoya hill mall if by grabride is 8500 rupiah price almost similiar to gojek 9000 rupiah. This indicated that there is really a obvious difference in the transport cost of using app vs not using app.

The difference is even greater when taking normal car services than motorcycle services. Example from point A to B normal taxi cost 70k rupiah but with app like grab or gojek may only cost about 20k.

The free shower cap which most hotel provided will put into good use when taking ojek with strong helmet smell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Hehehe...likewise for the rest of the world. i can buy an apple for S$0.50, but few years later the same apple will no longer cost S$0.50. The truth is, no one can stop such trend, bro. Yes, absolutely no one. Unless there is a natural or man-made disaster or something.

When i 1st go Batam (about 10 years ago, & i have got record that in this thread), exchange rate only 8000+/SGD. Today its like 11200/SGD or around there.
Few years later you may still be able to buy the same type of apple at the same place at the same price at your own country currency.

What it means is when the price tag in rupiah increases, the sing dollar equivalent may still be the same due to rupiah depreciation. Therefore the price increase in rupiah is offset by the exchange rate drop of the rupiah.

For example: if buy an apple 10 years ago at 8000 rupiah which was at sing S$1 at that time.

10 years later which is now, it increases to 11200 rupiah which is also at sing S$1.

Hence the price in rupiah has increased but sing dollar amount remain same.

Why I can think of that was because I ever experience this situation in Johor Bahru whereby I always like to go to one of my favourite massage centre.

The massage fees will always be about sing S$20 equivalent despite having increased price few times due to the devaluation of the ringgit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Bro,hehehe...you only got to Batam mostly for 2D1N base on the last round you shared here. Spare cash S$100k in FD will give you around S$3100+ next year. Thats S$258+ a month, enough to cover for all your trip inclusive of a girl, hotel, ferry & food already. Some more, you don't go every month.

For my case, it is just "subsidizing" my trip, not covering it all tho.
Yes now placing money into Fix Deposit can be considered as a safe haven as it is subjected to almost zero risk and give moderate rate of return.

Even if the bank becomes bankrupt not to worry as the deposit insurance scheme Singapore dollar deposits are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 per depositor.