View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 10:53 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2604 / Power: 19
Driftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you think are the options for a 48-years-old single S'porean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicesWithin View Post
Funny a 48 y.o man will take advice from a 26 y.o man when he has already sorted out his finances quite well. TS, dont poke your nose into your uncle matters unless you are eyeing his $200k.

Its his life. This type of thing i see so many times liao. You come up with funny investment ideas or gf/wife, when things go south, you will be blamed. Relationship spoilt.
True, that's what I think so. But reading the story again, TS says his uncle is not working at this moment due to the crisis and his total life savings...This probably may explains his uncle might not be well verse in financial matters. This is my assumption, I maybe wrong.

But if it were me, I think no point finding a partner because it's almost 2/3 of the way into the last stage of the life journey. I don't know how long he has been single but when you are still single at 48, I would think he should be fairly comfortable being by himself. If he feels the urge, he can find FL/WL to soothe the urge. Unless he meets the one, which is a big if, I would think staying single until I die. I am saying this because I know what it is like to be single. You are so used to being by yourself that sometimes you don't mind being by yourself all weekends, without seeing anyone at all. The only person you see is that one hour of fun with the FL/WL. Bang and go.

For the last stage of his years, can rent out the HDB flat, check into some old age home in Thailand or Vietnam, hire 1 or 2 young big boob nurses to change the adult diapers or feed you and live out the last days happily. Well, that is assuming, our country's currency is still strong then.