View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 05:36 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicesWithin View Post
I have kids. So the FIRE option is not available. Have to work till 65. I hear that ageing diseases like Alzheimer's, Parkinson and Dementia are on the rise. They say the best way to counter them is to stay active - or work. So, much as I dislike working till 65, I guess I just have to do it.

Post 65, my plans are simple:

CPF ERS wife: $2500
CPF ERS me: $2500
Rent: $3000
Total: $8k for 2 pax

If I can include Switzerland in the rotation, it will be a sweet bonus.

Job wise, I am trying downgrade to one that has as little stress as possible now. To ease into 65 y.o. To me, I am practical. One has to choose wisely. There is no point chionging all the way to 65 only to die of stress related illnesses before reaching it. I am sure we all have lost someone that went too early.
honestly
$8k a month for 2 pax, dont think about Switzerland. its not even enough to feed 2 pax even if you do mcdonalds for every single meal per month, at current prices. other than this, it sounds like a decent retirement plan.

retirement is not about stopping work totally. Is about not needing that level of income anymore so can afford to downgrade to a lower paying job anytime you like. Work or dont work, still need to find something to do to occupy your time.