Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 85 / Power: 15
ywong deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Blood Phoenix - My story

DAY ONE

Sara was assisting the tour agent.

I stole a few glances at her before Jane tapped on my shoulder.

“YJ… be careful with her. She is pain in the ass..” Lisha whispered near my ear. I just nodded and walked over to my parents. Sara was talking to dad.

“Dad… mom..”

“Hi… Sara, this is YJ, our son. He just joined us after graduating his degree…” mom added.

“Hi.. nice to meet you..” Sara said.

“Hi….”

We shook hands. Our eyes were staring at one and another as if we knew each other for a long time. Then she smiled.

“Oh… YJ, I need to get your resume and details to open employee file. Can you pass those to me after the trip..”

“Sara, they are on my table.. I forget to pass them to you..” mom added.

She just nodded. Suddenly dad grabbed my shoulder.

“Come on… let go..” he said.

When everyone has reached, the tour guide lead us pass the immigration. As usual it was a long walk to the boarding gate. Some of the staffs took the opportunity to shop at the duty free stores. Mom has dragged me to accompany her at the cosmetics store. Shortly Sara joined her. Somehow, I felt that she was intentionally came over. Sara has occasionally glances and smiled at me.

It didnt take long before then announcement of boarding to Xian was made. We headed through the departure gate and boarded the plane.

Xian City, China.

The ancient capital of China or Middle Kingdom was previously called Chang’an. The center of chinese civilization and culture, also the starting point of the silk road (the road which connect the east and west).

The flight to Xian took about 5 hours and 20 minutes.

By the time we reached Xian city, it was almost mid night. The airport was quiet and weather was cold. The home of the terracotta warriors, the place was distinctly decorated with many replicas of those warriors. I checked my iphone, it was almost 2 degree celsius outside.

The bus took us to the hotel where we checked in. The Vienna International Hotel was located in the middle of the city. The hotel was grand and decorated with terracotta warriors horse cart in the middle of the lobby.

While I was admiring the rest of the ancient chinese displays in the lobby, I accidentally bump into Sara. She just stared at me as my left arm was still pressing against her top.

“Sorry..”

“Becareful next time…” she said before passing a room key to me.

To our surprise, Sara and I were sharing a same room. She again stared at her key card and wondering why. Then she walked toward the tour guide. They were debating for a moment.

Lisha tapped on my shoulder.

“Sorry kid, no one want to share room with her..”

“Why.. is she that horrible…?” I asked.

“She is not a friendly type of person… although she is good at her work… which make everyone dont like her..” Lisha whispered.

Then mom joined the debate, as we watch them discussing near the hotel counter. Lisha again tapped my shoulder.

“Alright… I go to my room. Good luck, kid.”

I looked around as most of the staffs already headed up to their rooms. Soon Sara walked over.

“Come on… I am not a babysitter..” she softly remarked.

It was rude of her.

I didnt want to make a mess out of the issue. Although, it wasnt my first time sharing room with a stranger during the holidays. That was four years ago, where I lost my virginity to a beautiful mature tour guide. It remains a great memory for both of us.

Soon, I was standing in our room.

It was a nice room with two queen size beds. I politely let Sara choose her side before I unpacked my stuff. It was then mom called from the phone. She asked me to join her for supper since dad was hungry. I immediately agreed.

Sara was looking at me.

“I am going to supper.. you want to join..?”

It was a courtesy invitation but deep down, I was hoping she wont. It was lucky me that she replied no.