View Single Post
Old 29-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 250 / Power: 18
Angmolover is one of the Best!Angmolover is one of the Best!Angmolover is one of the Best!
Re: Everything you want to know about Swinger Cruises

As mentioned in earlier posts on this thread. The November swinger cruise by Bliss has gone and come back. The reviews on it are good so far and that bodes well for the next cruise in April. Here is a review by someone on Reddit who was actually on the cruise.

Bliss Cruise Review Nov 2021

Bliss Cruise Nov 2021 Review.

I've reviewed many lifestyle cruises over the years, and I've met people who've read my reviews and that review was the reason they were on the trip. Kinda cool, I should get kick backs (I keed).

Every cruise is a bit different and has some different pros and cons. One thing to be careful about as a reviewer is to not let your experiences with the lifestyle part color the review. What I mean by that is if we met great couples and played until 4am every morning with mindblowing sex, odds are I'd be less critical of the food or general entertainment. Likewise if I'm annoyed I'm striking out I might be more inclined to complain about things that aren't really an issue.

So lets break this down from a cruise and lifestyle perspective. I won't focus too much on Covid issues as those will age badly and be more of a “oh yea I remember” for anyone who read this either from their sealed bunker, or normal life depending on how things go the next few years. The only place Covid was an issue in terms of how things were done was in the cafeteria buffets.

Gone are the self serve and in are the they serve you. This is rather awkward when you have to ask for salt. Added a few stations were still self serve sort of reinforcing that Covid was a concept to be CYA about less than real fears. It was mildly annoying and probably saved me 3 lbs so its a win there. So that it for Covid differences, it really was about the only thing outside of crew wearing masks.

There were also two medical emergencies on the ship which I was involved with in 1 and have details about the other I can't share. Everyone was fine as of now from them. On a ship of 4000 people accidents and heart attacks happen. I only bring it up because you will hear about an airlift (the second I have seen on a lifestyle cruise). If there is a place to have a emergency outside of a hospital, its a swinger event. There were at least 8 doctors (probably more) who came to peoples aid, as well as nurses, and dozens of people trying to donate blood for the major injury. Swingers are good people as a group and it was very impressive how fast people tried to help.

But back to the review, this might be less detailed than some in our past, probably because of been there done that syndrome and also because we were pretty low key this cruise.

So the Cruise basics.

Getting on was amazingly easy, far more so than most cruises in the past, which was really surprising, as I expected a lot of people to have issues with documentations with Covid restrictions. We literally just did our thing at a few stations and walked on the boat.

Ship very nice – very big - Some issues in our room with someone breaking the toilet flushing mechanism in cabin area, but that happens, lots of people don't pay attention to what you can flush.

Crew – Very polite and nice, even more male than usual for a lifestyle cruise, but service actually far better than on most lifestyle cruises.

Bar – I don't drink much, but my friends do on these trips and the bars were much easier to get drinks from than in the past cruises. Maybe because the ship was undersold due to Covid issues, but the system seems a lot better than we've experienced.

Food – Standard but the main buffet, while not bad, was basically the same food all week with little change. My guess, and its only a guess its that it was done to funnel people to the specialty restaurants that seem to be the norm for cruises these days. Either way despite the lack of variety no complaints (unlike some past lifestyle cruises).

Shows – We didn't do a lot of shows, the water show they had was surprisingly good, they had a showing of cats we missed, a comedy show we missed, etc. We rarely do the shows on these cruises since we like to mingle and meet so maybe someone else can inform there.

Excursions – Normal for a cruise, except they always try to add “clothing optional” ones which 80% of the time is a rip off, because swingers see clothing optional and know where the party is most likely going to be. We did our own and saved a lot of money, but we had friends to go with. If you are new to cruising, sticking to the set ones will keep you from getting into trouble.

Lifestyle aspect.

Ok you are on a boat with 4k people, most are swingers (not everyone who goes is), so if you are looking for fun you have a good chance of finding it. Nightly theme parties (though I wish the themes were more open to creativity, but thats a me thing), loud music, people dancing badly all normal swinger party fare, and every day. Most people meet and mingle on the pool deck, hot tubs, and around the bars. They had a big outdoor play room which was great, until it rained, but everyone has cabins too.

(Newbie advice).

TALK TO PEOPLE. Don't be afraid to approach people and introduce yourself, don't be shy, don't hope people come up to you. This is important at your local club and even a swingers cruise. Maybe you are so hot people will just risk coming up to you while you look stiff and uncomfortable, but as someone pretty normal looking, when we were shy our first cruise that didn't happen.

Added don't be afraid to really dress up and dress provocative or funny, or something attention getting at the theme parties, its a great way to break the ice. I've had an amazing amount of fun over the years in stupid costumes.

(end newbie advice)

One thing this cruise didn't seem to have were a lot of good ice breakers and interactive shows like we've seen on other cruises. I don't think we missed them as other frequent cruisers told me the same thing. No scavenger hunts, no trivia, no “quest” game, nor marriage game, all which usually had a swinger twist on past cruises, and were a good way to interact with people.

There are a good number of meet and greets, which are nice, though somewhat ironically outside of some fetish or choice ones (bi couples, full, soft, and surprisingly still having a bbc one which I won't pontificate on), were pretty generic. One funny thing we found was they have a M&G for under 45, and a M&G for over 55, but none for the main demographic of of 45-55. We joked we could be the high end of the under 45 or the youngest at the over 55 and be fresh meat again. Either way a lot of people mentioned they would like something more focused on that 40-55 age range. Added they should probably have a few for the very young crowd too, we know how hard that can be to find from our first cruise...10 years ago.. damn getting old is annoying. It might be cool for a few based on hobbies or interests but maybe thats a bridge to far.

Over all – While the cruise seemed a lot lower energy, (and maybe it was just due to the ship style having things more spread out), it was definitely a good time I'd recommend to any level of swinger. You can go from just observing, to whatever crazy extreme you can think of. I didn't touch on a lot of things like the dungeon (they had one, never used it), so just take this as a general, review and be sure to ask questions as others may have more input