View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
True, they increased their pricing due to depreciation of rupiah.

Anyway, the price later drop rather a lot (compare price over the years). My latest room price was about S$40 a night on average in my favorite room,hehehe...

I love their sauna room where no one use or perhaps even know about,hehehe...can bring few girls inside to play gang bang,hehehe... i also can't remember how many girls in pop in that "room" already.

Most important of all, like Gideon Hotel's "Justme"...it is FREE to use!!!
(healthy life style)
If you didn’t mentioned that formosa had a sauna room, I don’t even know that it existed.

Is it hidden inside king’s massage parlour at level 4 ?

King’s massage had a staircase shortcut that leads to level 3.

I only know that there was a under-utilized gym in formosa hotel hidden near the staircase of level 3 at one corner if not mistaken.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but i find Batam's hotel has drop a bit.

A little lesser than before covid time.

I notice BCH has a special room which i was eyeing for a very long time (but always cannot get). And i do not have the time to try now. But i am writing it on my list for now.

I am currently at the stage of rebooting my "game" in batam & i am nowhere close to what i am looking for yet. I do not wish to rush to get there but slowing "tasting" the changes for now.

Thereafter, you probably see me staying in a just few hotels only.
Yes, (never try never know) it is good to always try out new hotel, grade them according to different tiers and put under your favourite hotel list if it satisfied your expectation.

百闻不如一见 See for oneself is better than hearing from others a hundred times.

Choosing the right hotel is important as it can made our stay more comfortable and gives us a good mood.

Below are some criteria:

1) Hotel with a good location made our trip more convenient, help save time and transport money.

2) Hotel with decent breakfast help save some money and without the need to go elsewhere to look for food which in turn help save some time.

3) Hotel with free shuttle service provide transfer to ferry terminal as well as shopping mall, thus save on transport fee

4) Hotel with in-house massage can be called to room for massage which is more comfortable and spacious plus can enjoy special service too and need not have to worry about the cewek moaning sound

5) Hotel with rooms in good condition like air-con working, good water pressure, drainage and flushing okay, room amenities provided, etc.

6) Hotel with room cleanliness acceptable standard with no pest and no bad smell. Formosa room used air fresheners auto spray at an interval.

7) Hotel with room that is not too far from the lift lobby if not will have to walk very long. Squarish floor layout like formosa is better than rectangular layout

Also if possible not to choose the last room of the hallway as it was seldom been used by hotel guest and everyone knows the reason..

However, everyone's criteria and priority for choosing a hotel is different.

Sometime I will review the hotel room I have stayed before, will record down the room number for the good one, whereas lousy one will be blacklisted hehe

Quote:
My ticket is expiring on Dec. Hmm...so much changes, everything so unstable now, even in Batam.

I am preparing for CNY2023 as i type this. But before that, i need to complete my Nov 2022 trip 1st.

When i made my 1st trip to Batam about 10 years ago, i have a small target. I hope to use cheonging to sustain my cheonging (i ever mention this nearly 10 years ago in my Batam trip summaries). Meaning without spending a dime, i can still have a good time.

Before covid time, i am almost there. Today, haiz...i need to reboot all that. Yes, i am spending "my own money" on the last few trips... even tho its lesser & lesser each trip but i am still a distance from what i used to be (in Batam).
Not bad at least you were able to cheong for free previously.

I think for me to really enjoy staying in batam without worrying for money will have to wait till my retirement age which is another 10 over years from now as I am only in my late fourties

Generally most of the working people will have their passive income during retirement from :

1) cpf life annuity monthly payout

2) cpf accounts (oa,sa,ma) yearly interest

3) insurance monthly or lump sum payout

4) fix deposit interest

5) share dividend

6) room rental from renting out a room

7) Part time sales

8) other investment incomes like bonds, unit trust, etc

Quote:

You mean you talked to Riki?

Now, thats good news to me & many here.

Whether it will name Formosa or not doesn't matter. Hope their chef comes back tho,hehehe... i am even prepare for drop in service level too.

Hope to see them back there again. They'll remember their regular guests like Blackpage, Kaboon, me & the rest of the other samsters here,hehehe...especially me who often put their staffs on "testes".
Yes, Mr Riki. He is currently working in another hotel near Batam Centre.

He was also looking forward to joining the new hotel when it is ready next year.

Indeed formosa kitchen food really got some standard, price reasonable and best of all zi char ala cart was 24 hours..

I believed during the opening of the new hotel, will be able to see some ex-employee of formosa (maybe receptionist, bellboy, waitress, chef, chambermaid, supir, working cewek) invited back to join the hotel.

As nowadays social media has been very effective to reach out to people.