View Single Post
Old 18-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 358 / Power: 21
collin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find bettercollin_23 is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Less than 30 bucks for simple tests. If go for urine smear etc + check for others may cost more. Just bring more money just in case. If 1st time bring not enough money, do not need to worry cause can always go another day. Maybe can ask the counter 1st for the cost.

Advice to people who r unclear as to whether they r suffering from anything to seek help asap. The process is actually quite simple and hassle free. Also, the people at DSC will not discriminate u at all unlike other places.

Do pluck up the courage to go in directly into the clinic. I have seen many guys pondering outside the clinic looking here and there, open the door but eventually still dare not go in for the check. Just want tot say there is nothing any different inside the clinic just like any polyclinic. Moreover, it is air-conditioned inside unlike the outside where it is heaty. If u have the intention to go in, just do it.

Cheers

ps: I was once like those guys pondering outside the DSC clinic, 'gey gey' open door see inside than walk away but I was glad I chose to go in for my checkup on that day. Thank god for giving me the courage and I hope that more people will pluck up the courage to care for themselves.

Early detection means early treatment. The end result is much of a mental than a physical. Trust me, think for your family and your loved ones. I in no postion to lecture anyone cause I did call prostitutes b4. Just here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymason32
Oh, that's why. I don't think it would be more than $20. I think if bring $50 total on that day should more than cover all expenses.

I'm sure if someone needs to take the second test, they'll be given money to cover it, if not from the AfA cashbox, then maybe the counselor will loan from his own pocket. Don't forget, have to come back for the second test results--so the person coming for the results can pay them back then.

Anyway, they're not heartless people lah. They'll find a way or even give the test for free. I shall ask them when I get the chance. But you ah, don't think about things like that lah. Get through the ELISA and you won't need a Western Blot.