View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 5
guyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant future
Re: Alicia - Friend's Wife

Good day... still wordy, still wordy. Build up is a long while, so sit back, eat some popcorn, grab some sleep.

=================

We self-introduced ourselves and when it's my turn, her eyes simply looked at me for 0.2s and darted away, she just mumbled a 'hi'.

Gut feel, this is going to be an awkward beginning. When somebody doesn't like you, it's extremely obvious.

We had our sessions of worship, going into bible study and finally... FOOD TIME!

Our hosts had prepared simple food for us, and we were enjoying eating, and I was trying to get Alicia's attention, just trying to be friendly and to confirm that she doesn't like me.

gog: Hey Alicia, try this, it's good.

Alicia raised her palm at me declining my invite, and smiled very wryly shaking her head.

M(ilton): Ya this is good.

My buddy picked up the dish and put it on her plate. In turn, Alicia smiled and and thanked Milton.

A(licia): Thanks! You're so nice.

I look like an idiot and I tried to get myself involved in the situation.

gog: Wah, I offer, Alicia don't want, Milton offer and she says thank you. So unfair one, aiyoh...

A: Because you're not my boyfriend.

Her reply was simple and curt, I can sense the hostility in her reply. Everybody laughed at her remark and teased me for being jealous. Milton nudged me with his elbow.

M: Sorry bro, she's right, you need to find your own girl. This one's taken.

A: I'm sure he has many, not just one, he has no lack of girls I'm sure.

Her remark was done very sarcastically, you folks probably can't tell from the tonality as these are purely words, but her facial expression and body movement threw me off. I don't even know where I offended her - at least I didn't know back then.

I took it as she simply has a cake to take with me and I tried not to engage her for the rest of the night. She is, after all my buddy's girlfriend and hopefully wife-to-be. She doesn't like me is okay, important is she loves and takes care of my buddy.

Went to talk with the rest instead, leaving them alone as I don't want to be shot for no apparent reason and I'll just assume she doesn't like me.