View Single Post
Old 25-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5581 / Power: 22
etsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond reputeetsys has a reputation beyond repute
Re: phillipines, manaila, makati

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifller View Post
if i may squeeze my fat ass into your conversation

true that from experience, most cabbies in manila will try to squeeze as much $$ from you as they can. but i found that during my recent trip, they turn on the meter wihtout being asked. i ended up giving generous tips to the cabbies because i'm happy that they didn't try to weasel money away from me. curious.. maybe things are starting to get better over there..
They turn on the meter, if YOU PICKED THEM FROM MAKATI.

The taxis are terrified of the makati police patrol and more then often, the cops stop the cab and check if the meter is on, if not FINE..

I can't say for the other places, and haven't been to Phil for the past 6 months .. and .. well, LTFRB may have tightened the checks..