View Single Post
Old 13-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1970 / Power: 19
sohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant futuresohbuckkong has a brilliant future
Re: Cambodia Phnom Penh Nightlife Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
The Cam Mountain is "Nui Cam" which every year I visited for past few years...also visit the Cho Ba Xu temple (Tien Hou) on the way to Nui Cam...

I din know they dun allow foreigners to cross the Tien Binh border legally...

From Chau Doc to Ha Tien no direct bus but I ever alight at Thot Nhot Can Tho province and wait for the bus from Can Tho to Rach Gia....then Rach Gia to Ha Tien...very long tiring journey...

Chau Doc to Thot Nhot - 1 hr
Waited 1 hr for the bus at the Phuong Trang station (orange bus)
Thot Nhot To Rach Gia was 2 hrs
Rach Gia to Ha Tien - 2 hrs
Tks for d above impt info as i will still visit my friends gf village quite deep inside cam mountain. After reaching d highest point of cam mountain, theres a very big pond with a dam. On top of this dam is a bridge. Tis man made lake is surrounded by temples n very big statues. D whole area now under heavy renovation-construction. After this pond we stiĺl need to travel through very rough terrains into d mountain, going up n down v steep 60 degrees narrow n winding slopes to reach my friends gf hse.

H88 edit{some portions honda motorbike 1st gear for 10 to 15 mins...the bridge build to cross the temple...there are total 3 temples with one Giant Laughing Buddha which can be seen from the foot of mountain...was there last year at 7am and frosty cold around 10 degrees...only local bikes can allow up the mountain...no other vehicles allowed to go up...checkpoint to pay toll think was 20k dong to go up....

Her hse hv many durian trees thats y my next trip will coincide with a durian season. And then i will use yr above info to travel by motortaxi and bus from cam mountain to ha tien and then to cambodia kaab, kampot, sihanok.

{H88 edit - if I am invited to eat durians...I go with you...amazing view of the padi fields on the way down the mountain...hope you dun mind I edit...try not to post too much Vietnam post...}

Last edited by Hurricane88; 13-09-2017 at 04:45 PM.