View Single Post
Old 18-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1180 / Power: 18
shibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud ofshibaxian has much to be proud of
Re: Huizhou Recommendations

Sorry, just came back from Huizhou. Unable to surf SBF due to laptop breakdown. A bit introduction of myself, i have some business in Huizhou, so i spend haif of my time there.

Just to explain a bit, Huizhou is one of the main cities in Guangdong province.

Danshui and Huiyang are considered a more developed town side to Huizhou. Just like Dongguan is the main city, Chang Ping and Chang An are considered developed town.

Based on my own view between Changping and Huizhou;

1.60% of the KTV girls in Huizhou don't go out with customers after the drinking sessions, unlike Chang ping KTV girls (I can say at least 90% willing to go out). The reasons I will explain in future. That's why, when I just step into Huizhou few years ago, I didn't manage to get any girl back to my room some times. So in Huizhou KTV, it is like a mind game between the guy and the girl. Of course, if the guy doesn't want to take the challenge, he still can go for the other 40% (which the girls will sure go out). The price for the girls is same as Dongguan 2-5-8. However, in a nearby town named Chenjiang (15min by car), the price for the girls is 1-4-7. In appearance, Changping girls know fashion and make-up better than Huizhou girls. However, Huizhou girls are not ugly but just look more natural. I believe some seniors have the same feeling as me, sometimes when you get a girl in changping KTV, you can get a scare in the morning because the girl can look some difference without make-up. For Huizhou KTV girls, I am quite sure you will not get the scare. Most important, Huizhou KTV girls are obedient, gentle and really give you a girlfriend feeling. Most of my friends from hongkong, Taiwan and even local China, dies in the hand of the Huizhou's girls.

2. The price for drinking, Huizhou KTV is at least 30% cheaper than Changping. One bottle of beer is about rmb 25 28, buy 1 get 1. A KJ tip is rmb100. However, we need to pay the mamasan tip rmb 200 per room. If you don't want to drink in KTV, you can choose to go their pub, spacious and cheap. Price per beer is from rmb 8 10. There are quite a number of pubs in Huizhou. There is another type of pub which they called it 'jing ba' translated as quiet pub. This type of pub has a few cubicle rooms which can sit from 2 10 people depend on the size of the room, and play some relaxing music. If a group of friends, they can play card or dice in the room. If a guy and a girl, they can.. I also doesn't know, because there is door for every room. Price for beer is rmb 100 per dozen.

3. Place of interest – there is a artificial lake named 'xiao xi hu' also means small west lake, nice scenery. Can stroll with your girlfriend day or night. There is a shopping area near there. Famous for drinking and shopping. There is a big shopping complex named 'Yiwu' at jiang pei area (10 mins by car). Just like the real Yiwu in China but only in small scale. You can find all the hardware, clothing and accessories over there. Bargain to get the best price.

4. What you can do in summer season – river ride, sea sport, hire a yacht for fishing and BBQ at 'da ya wan' area near Huizhou. What you can do in winter season – mountain walking, hot spring, etc. That why I like Huizhou more that Changping, at least I can do something more healthy rather than just to fxx and drinking for the whole trip.

5. How to come to Huizhou from; a) changping – by bus takes about 2.5hrs directly but I think there is certain timing. Bus fare is about rmb 28 one way. By private car takes about 45mins. Cost about rmb 180. B) hongkong – more advisable to take bus at terminal 2, under 'yong dong' bus company. Go directly to Huizhou bus station, just need to get off at Shenzhen custom for immigration clearance but very fast. Sorry I don't know how to write the Shenzhen custom name (it is something call 'cow horn' in Cantonese). That custom is more crowded like luohu or huanggang. Bus fare per trip is HKD 200. If you buy round trip is HKD 360. C) Guangzhou & Shenzhen airport – there is direct bus to Huizhou, started recently. Sorry I know there is direct bus but don't know the fare and how distance time.

6. Hotel – depends on individual preference. 3 star hotel named 'hao yue', opened by Good Luck hotel boss in Changping. Near to Walmart shopping mall. Room charges rmb 200 per night. 4 star hotel named 'Lu Hui' and the other 'Tian yu', both quite convenient as there are many sauna, restaurants, shopping centre around, room charges about rmb300 400 per nite. 5 star hotel named 'Kande', facing directly to the West Lake, room charges about rmb 700 1000. I don't recommend other hotels as their bed is very different from changping – super hard. Personal view, I feel that 3 star hotel 'hao yue' is good enough.

7. Safety – sure Huizhou is safer than Changping. Last month they are trying to opt for the civilization city in Guangdong province.