View Single Post
Old 22-06-2022, 01:01 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 337 / Power: 3
Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!Frankenstein77 is one of the Best!
Story: A Twist of Fate

I am Frank, a typical guy born into a typical Singaporean family. My family is not well off, my starting point is lower than most people. I have a normal degree from our local U, which in today’s terms, is more common than common.

My biggest pride and achievement is having my girlfriend Yumi. She is our school belle. Being able to win her amongst all the rivals was an amazing feat for a simple guy like me. That feat is enough to make me the target of jealousy of all male species in college.

Our relationship has always been steadfast. From the day we became a couple in Year One, till we graduated from college after 3 years, Yumi has never ever bothered with any of the flies swirling around her every single moment of our college life. I would consider her to be a perfect girlfriend, my biggest pride.

When we graduated, it just seemed natural that we get married. I was 24, Yumi 22. That was the happiest moment in my life, to be able to marry my dream girl.

Our life was full of hope then. Graduated. Newly married. Ready to take on the world. There was an opportunity then for us to be our own bosses, so we jumped onto the entrepreneurial journey. It was tough but very fulfilling for the both of us. Being able to work hard together for our future, and we are the best partners, be it in life, work or personal. Yumi complements me perfectly and we never had any serious disagreement.

By the 4th year of our business, our company has grown to a respectable size. We even had our own patent for the digital platform that we have built. That’s when the big opportunity came. A Shanghai conglomerate offered to buy our patent and company for an offer we could not refuse. We took it up and uprooted to Shanghai as part of the deal, for us to pioneer and develop the patent and platform for the China market.

That’s how we landed ourselves in Shanghai, being the famous Singapore young couple that made it in the huge Chinese market.

When everything seemed to be going so well for our lives, disaster struck. Our ignorance and naivety caused all our years of hard work gone down the drain. We lost everything overnight. Our company, our patent, our money, our platform, everything became the property of our acquirer. We were left penniless and even got into legal case with some local partners there.

I was 30 then. Yumi 28. Stranded in a foreign land and could not leave due to the lawsuit. Totally broke. I was on the verge of breaking down. That’s when I met Jack again.