View Single Post
Old 19-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1126 / Power: 23
williamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud ofwilliamangkh has much to be proud of
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianmagicoil View Post
Thanks to all bros giving their 2 satangs worth of opinions & experiences. Which goes to confirm what I knew all along that it all depends on the bank manager of the branch. I asked a few Thai friends too and they tell me the same unless u cash king and deposit Bht1,000,000. The Bht 1 million is also one of the criteria if you want to start your own Thai registered company. Either cash or a Thai property worth at least that amount + a few hundred thousand bahts in case of course. Getting a work permit & registering a Thai company there are plenty of sites (not SBF) that have on going forum discussions on this.

Thanks also Bro Mudpie & Blue Dragon for the heads up on K Bank... I also did some comparison and found them the most favorable to open an a/c without much hassle. Will check them out my next trip.

PS where is Udon Thani ah? Izzit also 2hr+ from Bangkok too?
Yes, K Bank is the easiest Bank to open a saving account with debit card throw in without question asked. The rest of the other banks insisted to request to see at least a work permit.

For those who had applied for work permit before will know that you need a bank account before you can apply a work permit. Strange! LOL (Amazing Thailand)

Udon Thani is in the Northeast of Thailand and about 6+ hour from Bangkok. It is a province (changwat) after Korn Kaen Changwat.

Welcome to Thailand, bro Norice.