View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 11:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 342 / Power: 4
Thaigo is one of the Best!Thaigo is one of the Best!Thaigo is one of the Best!Thaigo is one of the Best!
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka_Timo View Post
Pig Trotter Rice
Address: Thanon Sukhumvit 77 Khwaeng Phra Khanong Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
Operating hour: 10am to 6pm daily.

At 30 Sukhumvit 77 Rd (near to BigC Onnut), we arrived at this 40-year-old stall that sells excellent pig trotter rice (35 to 55 baht) and mix organ soup (35 to 45 baht). You are greeted with a spread of pig intestines and other various parts such as pig skin, trotters and pork belly right at the entrance of the shop. Yes, it is very similar to our local kway chap, except that they serve it with rice instead of the kway. My lunch was a plate of pig trotter with beancurd, pig’s blood and many other ingredients. The owner took effort to clean and braise the offal for a long time. Texture of the pig trotter is good, thick skin and tender meat but still retaining some bite. The mixed organ soup was flavourful and tasty with generous serving of pork liver, pig’s blood, lean meat, salted vegetable etc.
What I love about this place and/or most of the stalls in Thailand is the generous portion of ingredients the provide. Really satisfied