View Single Post
Old 25-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 457 / Power: 12
Siammy is a glorious beacon of lightSiammy is a glorious beacon of lightSiammy is a glorious beacon of lightSiammy is a glorious beacon of lightSiammy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Bangkok Field Report

Guniang

For those who miss the old land, there's a Chinese karaoke parlor in BKK. It's locate on Silom Soi 6. From Patpong, head down Silom towards the river. You will pass a hospital on the right. Soi 6 is also on the right. On one corner is a Standard Chartered Bank branch. I think the other crnr was a 7-Eleven. Enter the soi and walk down a little ways. Just before the soi curves to the left, you will see Guniang on the right. There will probably be some girls sitting outside.

Most of the customers were gray-haired. There are big, round tables and a stage in front. I think it's a restaurant during the day. All the hostesses and waitresses speak Chinese.

I asked the mamasan about taking the girls out and heard it was like 5,000/6,000 baht. The bar fine is 1,000 baht cheaper if you buy 2 leis for the girl when she sings. There were some girls who weren't too bad looking and weren't too old.

Sorry I couldn't get the details cause my Chinese is rusty.

The place used to have another name but now it's called Guniang.