View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 165 / Power: 18
ssilverzoommer is a Helpful and Caring Samsterssilverzoommer is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingViet View Post
There are actually quite a number of vietnamese learning to speak mandarin in Vietnam. If you got your gal thru the marriage agency, they will normally send the gals for basic mandarin courses for around 2 to 3 months. They should understand and speak basic mandarin. One thing to note is that normal vietnamese don't really prounce mandarin words well. They speak like they have some saliva in their mouth My wife speaks basic mandarin when i met her some years ago. But thru the years with me, she picked up more. My family can understand her 70% of the time, although sometimes my parents have no idea what my wife is talking about.

Another way is for you to choose vietnamese chinese spouse. Normally, vietnamese chinese speaks cantonese and they speak well. I have come across a fellow singaporean who married a vietnamese chinese gal. He communicates with his wife via cantonese.

Actually sometimes its better for your family to understand half of what your wife is speaking about, it reduces the chances for friction

Truth. communication is very important. Btw marriage agency has viet chinese gals as well. like that no need worry so much abt com & friction.